Ask a MSFT Expert About CRM Security--This Week

Hello all,

Welcome to the first Business Solutions Community discussion held directly
in the Microsoft CRM newsgroup. During the week of October 4th, Tanim Ahmed,
a Technical Lead on the Microsoft CRM Support Team, will answer questions
about troubleshooting CRM security -- right in this newsgroup thread.

How is this different than any other week in the newsgroup? While product
support
experts like Tanim may visit the newsgroup during their workweek to answer
customer and partner questions, they don't necessarily solicit questions on a
particular topic as we’re doing here.

During this weeklong discussion, Tanim will select 2-3 questions a day to
respond to in this thread. Other experts and users online may also offer
their advice here. At the end of the week, we hope to have a single thread on
CRM security tips that we can preserve for the benefit of other users in the
future.

In this discussion with Tanim, you may not get an immediate answer; it may
take a day for him to respond. Throughout the week, he will check this thread
and answer questions at a time that’s convenient for him. However, you should
feel free to post your questions at any time.

You may want to add this discussion to your Favorites list in Internet
Explorer. (To do so, click Favorites; then click Add to Favorites.) Then you
can check back later in the day, or the next day, to see if your question has
been answered. You can click Refresh to see if any new posts have been added
while you’ve been reading this thread.

To post a question or reply in this discussion, follow these steps using the
Web-based newsgroup reader:

1. Click Reply.
2. If prompted, sign in with your .NET Passport.
3. Edit the subject line if you wish.
4. In the Reply form, type your message or question in the Message box.
5. Review the text that you typed in the Body box to make sure it says what
you want; you cannot edit your message after you click Post.
6. To receive e-mail notification when someone posts to this thread, select
the Notify me of replies check box.
7. Click Post.

Feel free to use Outlook Express or another newsreader if you’re more
comfortable doing so.

Thanks for your participation in this discussion. This is our first time
conducting a chat in this newsgroup and we welcome your feedback and your
assistance. You can send comments to our Web team at the below e-mail
address. In addition, we’ll archive a link to this and future newsgroup chats
on the Business Solutions Community site.

Cheers,
Michelle

--
Michelle Goodman, Editor
Business Solutions Community

a-micheg (46)
10/4/2004 3:43:02 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I seem to be having problems reconciling what I think a permission and
access level role should allow and what I actually experience.

In the problem I having now, a user with a Sales license is trying to
update and close an activity associated with a case, but they get an
insufficient permissions error.  I find the error in the application
event log, note the PriviledgeID, and then look in the PrivilegeBase
table to find that the privilege is prvAppendToIncident.

The activity has been assigned to the Sales user.  All users are in
the same business unit.  The Sales user is assigned a role that has :
Activity: BU access level or higher for Create, Read, Write, append,
append to, and share.  User access level for delete and assign.
Case: BU access level or higher for create, read, write, append,
append to, assign.  User access level for delete and assign.  No
access for Share.

I've modified and saved the role, reassigned the role to the user,
waited several hours for the security descriptors to update.  I've
previously applied the HotFix from KB article 835292 "Copying a role
does not work in Microsoft Business Solutions CRM version 1.2"

What could I be doing to figure this out?

"Michelle Goodman [MSFT]" <a-micheg@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<CB8BA1E8-4489-4364-8D74-1B5D283CDDA7@microsoft.com>...
> Hello all,
>
> Welcome to the first Business Solutions Community discussion held directly
> in the Microsoft CRM newsgroup. During the week of October 4th, Tanim Ahmed,
> a Technical Lead on the Microsoft CRM Support Team, will answer questions
> about troubleshooting CRM security -- right in this newsgroup thread.
>
> How is this different than any other week in the newsgroup? While product
> support
> experts like Tanim may visit the newsgroup during their workweek to answer
> customer and partner questions, they don't necessarily solicit questions on a
> particular topic as we’re doing here.
>
> During this weeklong discussion, Tanim will select 2-3 questions a day to
> respond to in this thread. Other experts and users online may also offer
> their advice here. At the end of the week, we hope to have a single thread on
> CRM security tips that we can preserve for the benefit of other users in the
> future.
>
> In this discussion with Tanim, you may not get an immediate answer; it may
> take a day for him to respond. Throughout the week, he will check this thread
> and answer questions at a time that’s convenient for him. However, you should
> feel free to post your questions at any time.
>
> You may want to add this discussion to your Favorites list in Internet
> Explorer. (To do so, click Favorites; then click Add to Favorites.) Then you
> can check back later in the day, or the next day, to see if your question has
> been answered. You can click Refresh to see if any new posts have been added
> while you’ve been reading this thread.
>
> To post a question or reply in this discussion, follow these steps using the
> Web-based newsgroup reader:
>
> 1. Click Reply.
> 2. If prompted, sign in with your .NET Passport.
> 3. Edit the subject line if you wish.
> 4. In the Reply form, type your message or question in the Message box.
> 5. Review the text that you typed in the Body box to make sure it says what
> you want; you cannot edit your message after you click Post.
> 6. To receive e-mail notification when someone posts to this thread, select
> the Notify me of replies check box.
> 7. Click Post.
>
> Feel free to use Outlook Express or another newsreader if you’re more
> comfortable doing so.
>
> Thanks for your participation in this discussion. This is our first time
> conducting a chat in this newsgroup and we welcome your feedback and your
> assistance. You can send comments to our Web team at the below e-mail
> address. In addition, we’ll archive a link to this and future newsgroup chats
> on the Business Solutions Community site.
>
> Cheers,
> Michelle
0
dnoreply
10/5/2004 9:03:19 PM
Hi Dave;

First of all thank you so much for the posting and I really appreciate your
time on this thread.

1.First of all when you mentioned that the user has Sales license I am
assuming the user have a Sales Standard or Sales Pro license.
2.Given that this user ( I will call him user1) does not have access to case
(incident) objects, so user2 might have created the case object and as such
the ownerid (owninguser) column is set to user2 id.
3.Now the activities that are created or associated with the case as well
are owned by another user.
4.In that case when user1 tries to close an activity is the activity owned
by user1 or owned by any other user?
5.If it is owned by user1 then you should be able to close a task otherwise
you will receive an erro message with insufficient privilege as the parent
object is owned by a different user.

I will tweak the privilege on the custom role that I have created and see I
can get past that error.
In the mean time if you can send me the screen shots for your custom role
would be great.

Thanks ahead.
Tanim

"Dave" wrote:

> [...]
> > 3. Edit the subject line if you wish.
> > 4. In the Reply form, type your message or question in the Message box.
> > 5. Review the text that you typed in the Body box to make sure it says what
> > you want; you cannot edit your message after you click Post.
> > 6. To receive e-mail notification when someone posts to this thread, select
> > the Notify me of replies check box.
> > 7. Click Post.
> >
> > Feel free to use Outlook Express or another newsreader if you’re more
> > comfortable doing so.
> >
> > Thanks for your participation in this discussion. This is our first time
> > conducting a chat in this newsgroup and we welcome your feedback and your
> > assistance. You can send comments to our Web team at the below e-mail
> > address. In addition, we’ll archive a link to this and future newsgroup chats
> > on the Business Solutions Community site.

1. user1 has a Sales Pro license; user2 has a Service Pro license.

2. user2 created and owns the case.

3. the activities were created by user2 and are regarding the case.

4. user2 assigned the activity to user1 who then tries to update and
save the activity.

5. The task is thus owned by user1, but user1 can not save the task.

If I give user1 a service pro license, then user1 can save the task.
I will email you screen shots.
0
dnoreply
10/6/2004 12:27:33 PM
Hi Dave;

Thanks for the clarification and that is what I exactly thought. The
behavior you are seeing is expected. As the object (case) is owned by another
user and your user1 does not have any Service license the activities ( even
though they are assigned to user1---so the ownerid is user1 for these
activities) the parent object is not allowing/granting you to cascade the
close option.

Once you give the Service license that allows your user2 to access case
objects and then you can close it.
You don't have to send me the screen shots.
Thanks ahead.
Tanim

"Dave" wrote:

> 1. user1 has a Sales Pro license; user2 has a Service Pro license.
>
> 2. user2 created and owns the case.
>
> 3. the activities were created by user2 and are regarding the case.
>
> 4. user2 assigned the activity to user1 who then tries to update and
> save the activity.
>
> 5. The task is thus owned by user1, but user1 can not save the task.
>
> If I give user1 a service pro license, then user1 can save the task.
> I will email you screen shots.

Hi Tanim.

I don't know if this strictly counts as security but here goes. If a user
creates a DSN connection to the CRM MSCRM database - (for example to create a
pivot table in Excel on the lead table) - does his or her security role get
used (assuming they logged in under thier CRM user name) ?

"tanim [msft]" wrote:

> Hi Dave;
>
> Thanks for the clarification and that is what I exactly thought. The
> behavior you are seeing is expected. As the object (case) is owned by another
> user and your user1 does not have any Service license the activities ( even
> though they are assigned to user1---so the ownerid is user1 for these
> activities) the parent object is not allowing/granting you to cascade the
> close option.
>
> Once you give the Service license that allows your user2 to access case
> objects and then you can close it.
> You don't have to send me the screen shots.
> Please let me know if you have any further questions.
> Thanks ahead.
> Tanim
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
> > 1. user1 has a Sales Pro license; user2 has a Service Pro license.
> >
> > 2. user2 created and owns the case.
> >
> > 3. the activities were created by user2 and are regarding the case.
> >
> > 4. user2 assigned the activity to user1 who then tries to update and
> > save the activity.
> >
> > 5. The task is thus owned by user1, but user1 can not save the task.
> >
> > If I give user1 a service pro license, then user1 can save the task.
> > I will email you screen shots.

Tanin,

I would like to hear a definitive response on using a Domain account vs. Local
System for the services, especially in an environment that locks down AD
security.

I have run into a lot of problems (as have many others on the board) related to
the identity on the various services, especially when SQL is on a different
machine than CRM.  There also seems to be problems when SQL runs under an
account other than Local System.

BTW, please don't respond with "run everything under a Domain Admin account".
That doesn't cut it for most companies.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 20:43:02 -0700, "Michelle Goodman [MSFT]"
[...]

Matt
10/7/2004 4:51:06 PM
Hi Matt;

Thanks for the posting and I totally understand your frustration as
CRMSecurity service behaves differntly when you start the CRMSecurity and
MSSQLServer services under different accounts.

Let's discuss this at length:

Background Information
When the Security Service starts up it first attempts to connect to the SQL
Server using the credentials it is running under. Also, when the Web App is
loaded the process that the Web App is running under, which is in the IIS
Process's process space, attempts to connect to the SQL Server as well using
the credentials it is running under (LocalSystem by default).

So based on the information above you should not have any problem running
MSSQLServer service under a service account(which is pretty common when you
use SQL mail or for tighter security reason) and running MSCRM Security
service under another service account.

In your system if these 2 services are running under 2 different service
accounts then please follow the instructions below to resolve any duplicate
Service Principal Name (SPN) or any 1053 "service could not be started in a
timely fashion error" message.

1.On your Active Directory users and Computers (dsa.msc) go to builtin |
Pre-Windows 2000 compatible access groups and add your service accounts under
the member tab.
2.Under your CRM Organizational Unit (CRM OU)  there are 4 groups.Again add
both the service accounts under PrivUserGroup and UserGroup members tab.
3.If you have windows support tools on any CRM or SQL server then run
adsiedit.msc and make sure you do not have any duplicate SPN for MSSQLServer
service.
the SPN entry for MSSQLServer looks like this:
MSSQLSvc/<your sql servername>.<your fully qualified domain>:1433 (default
SQL port)
4.If you still have some connectivity issue then you can create an ODBC
datasource DSN info from your CRM server to SQL server using Named Pipes
instead of TCP/IP.

So bottom line is you can start the services under different accounts
including local system or domain admin accounts but you don't have to.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you ahve any questions.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> [...]
> 3. Edit the subject line if you wish.
> 4. In the Reply form, type your message or question in the Message box.
> 5. Review the text that you typed in the Body box to make sure it says what
> you want; you cannot edit your message after you click Post.
> 6. To receive e-mail notification when someone posts to this thread, select
> the Notify me of replies check box.
> 7. Click Post.
>
> Feel free to use Outlook Express or another newsreader if you’re more
> comfortable doing so.
>
> Thanks for your participation in this discussion. This is our first time
> conducting a chat in this newsgroup and we welcome your feedback and your
> assistance. You can send comments to our Web team at the below e-mail
> address. In addition, we’ll archive a link to this and future newsgroup chats
> on the Business Solutions Community site.

Hi Matt;

Another quick reference is our implementation guide and search on
"Topic =  Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access group" page 155 of the IG.pdf
file.
Thanks ahead.
Tanim

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> [...]
> 3. Edit the subject line if you wish.
> 4. In the Reply form, type your message or question in the Message box.
> 5. Review the text that you typed in the Body box to make sure it says what
> you want; you cannot edit your message after you click Post.
> 6. To receive e-mail notification when someone posts to this thread, select
> the Notify me of replies check box.
> 7. Click Post.
>
> Feel free to use Outlook Express or another newsreader if you’re more
> comfortable doing so.
>
> Thanks for your participation in this discussion. This is our first time
> conducting a chat in this newsgroup and we welcome your feedback and your
> assistance. You can send comments to our Web team at the below e-mail
> address. In addition, we’ll archive a link to this and future newsgroup chats
> on the Business Solutions Community site.

Hi Pete;

You are correct when you create an DSN information then you are bypassing
our whole security model and none of teh roles information applies at that
point.

Thanks ahead.
Tanim

"PeteC" wrote:

> Hi Tanim.
>
> I don't know if this strictly counts as security but here goes. If a user
> creates a DSN connection to the CRM MSCRM database - (for example to create a
> pivot table in Excel on the lead table) - does his or her security role get
> used (assuming they logged in under thier CRM user name) ?
>
> "tanim [msft]" wrote:
>
> > Hi Dave;
> >
> > Thanks for the clarification and that is what I exactly thought. The
> > behavior you are seeing is expected. As the object (case) is owned by another
> > user and your user1 does not have any Service license the activities ( even
> > though they are assigned to user1---so the ownerid is user1 for these
> > activities) the parent object is not allowing/granting you to cascade the
> > close option.
> >
> > Once you give the Service license that allows your user2 to access case
> > objects and then you can close it.
> > You don't have to send me the screen shots.
> > Please let me know if you have any further questions.
> > Thanks ahead.
> > Tanim
> >
> > "Dave" wrote:
> >
> > > 1. user1 has a Sales Pro license; user2 has a Service Pro license.
> > >
> > > 2. user2 created and owns the case.
> > >
> > > 3. the activities were created by user2 and are regarding the case.
> > >
> > > 4. user2 assigned the activity to user1 who then tries to update and
> > > save the activity.
> > >
> > > 5. The task is thus owned by user1, but user1 can not save the task.
> > >
> > > If I give user1 a service pro license, then user1 can save the task.
> > > I will email you screen shots.

Hi Tanim

Can you explain why MSDE sometimes fails to connect to the local db's. I
have found the KB article that solves this but I'm unsure as why some SFO
installations work fine and others don't.

"tanim [msft]" wrote:

> [...]
> > 3. Edit the subject line if you wish.
> > 4. In the Reply form, type your message or question in the Message box.
> > 5. Review the text that you typed in the Body box to make sure it says what
> > you want; you cannot edit your message after you click Post.
> > 6. To receive e-mail notification when someone posts to this thread, select
> > the Notify me of replies check box.
> > 7. Click Post.
> >
> > Feel free to use Outlook Express or another newsreader if you’re more
> > comfortable doing so.
> >
> > Thanks for your participation in this discussion. This is our first time
> > conducting a chat in this newsgroup and we welcome your feedback and your
> > assistance. You can send comments to our Web team at the below e-mail
> > address. In addition, we’ll archive a link to this and future newsgroup chats
> > on the Business Solutions Community site.

Hi Pete;

There are mainly 2 reasons why MSDE cannot be registered or failed to
connect to your SQL enterprise manager.

1.First of all on your client please go to system drive | program files |
microsoft sql server | 80 | Tools | Binn | and search for SVRNETCN.exe and
make sure both the TCP/IP and Named pipes are selected. generally it is not.
2.Then make sure the user who is logged into your SQL server, add that user
to administrators group under local users and groups on your client machine.
3.Then make an ODBC datasource connection to your client machine from SQL
server using named pipes.

After these steps most of the time you should be able to connect your MSDE
from your SQL server.
Thanks Ahead.
Tanim

"PeteC" wrote:

> [...]
> > > 3. Edit the subject line if you wish.
> > > 4. In the Reply form, type your message or question in the Message box.
> > > 5. Review the text that you typed in the Body box to make sure it says what
> > > you want; you cannot edit your message after you click Post.
> > > 6. To receive e-mail notification when someone posts to this thread, select
> > > the Notify me of replies check box.
> > > 7. Click Post.
> > >
> > > Feel free to use Outlook Express or another newsreader if you’re more
> > > comfortable doing so.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your participation in this discussion. This is our first time
> > > conducting a chat in this newsgroup and we welcome your feedback and your
> > > assistance. You can send comments to our Web team at the below e-mail
> > > address. In addition, we’ll archive a link to this and future newsgroup chats
> > > on the Business Solutions Community site.

Hi all,

I want to thank Tanim and everyone else who participated in last week's
Business Solutions Community discussion in this newsgroup thread. This was
our Web site's second effort at hosting a newsgroup-based chat, and we're
happy with the results. We're also glad Tanim could answer some of your
questions here in the newsgroup.

Feel free to continue discussing this topic in this newsgroup thread (or any
other for that matter). We'll link to this discussion from the Microsoft.com
archives so others can benefit from the information posted here. Also feel
free to let me know what you think of this chat medium. Our site plans to
host several more newsgroup chats this fall.

As always, you can reach me at bizmeet@microsoft.com.

Best,

Michelle Goodman
Editor, Business Solutions Community

"tanim [msft]" wrote:

> Hi Pete;
>
> There are mainly 2 reasons why MSDE cannot be registered or failed to
> connect to your SQL enterprise manager.
>
> 1.First of all on your client please go to system drive | program files |
> microsoft sql server | 80 | Tools | Binn | and search for SVRNETCN.exe and
> make sure both the TCP/IP and Named pipes are selected. generally it is not.
> 2.Then make sure the user who is logged into your SQL server, add that user
> to administrators group under local users and groups on your client machine.
> 3.Then make an ODBC datasource connection to your client machine from SQL
> server using named pipes.
>
> After these steps most of the time you should be able to connect your MSDE
> from your SQL server.
> Thanks Ahead.
> Tanim
>
> "PeteC" wrote:
>
> > Hi Tanim
> >
> > Can you explain why MSDE sometimes fails to connect to the local db's. I
> > have found the KB article that solves this but I'm unsure as why some SFO
> > installations work fine and others don't.
> >
> > "tanim [msft]" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Matt;
> > >
> > > Another quick reference is our implementation guide and search on
> > > "Topic =  Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access group" page 155 of the IG.pdf
> > > file.
> > > Thanks ahead.
> > > Tanim

GP10 Security Task Id Question
When building a task id you must select the Product, Type & Series. Then in the bottom part of the scrollable area you select "operations" to be included into the task. However, what is meaning of the operations that are NOT checked? Are these operations not available to any user in the system? TIA TIA, Users that have only this task in their role will have access only the the checked operations, unchecked operations will be unavailable for those users. But if the user was a member of other roles or tasks that have shared operations checked, then the system will gain user...

How to change the CRM email encoding?
By default, CRM email send with UTF-8 encoding, I wonder if possible to change the encoding to others such as GB2312? Thanks. Abrams ...

Pb sending from Corporte Exchange to CRM Exchange
Hello, I am currently doing some final tests on my prod platform which has its dedicated exchange server. Whenever I try sending emails from our corporate Exchange (which is on the same domain as the CRM Exchange) messages are received in the correct queue but the Body part is empty (subject is ok). I am doing it from Outlook (so the profile matching our corporate Exchange). Now if I send again with Outlook but using an external email account (let say yahoo) then message is received fine in the CRM... Any idea? Thanks Eric Eric, The CRM Router does not support the scenario you desc...

Smartlist Builder security issues
We are in the process of implementing GP 10; and we have an issue with Smartlist Builder. We are getting an error message that reads: "You do not have security priviledges. Contact your system administrator for assistance." The issue is that I am the administrator, and our parter does not know how to fix this. The users that are being effected are local admins, GP - Power Users, and SMLB Users (Power Users). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. On Nov 20, 7:17 pm, Chris Mara <Chris M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are in the process of implemen...

multiple instance of CRM on domain
We have a situation where two divisions want seperate instances of CRM. It is important to note, each division has it's own domain. While I know we can manage that, my question concerns the exchange router. Since the email for both divisions come through the same exchange server (and through a third domain), my assumption is there would only be one exchange router. Has anyone done this before and what are the potential issues I may need to address to make this work? This will probably answer your question (or some parts of it anyway): http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/10/0...

How do I encrypt Social Security Numbers in Excel worksheet?
To comply with federal and university regulations, we need to encrypt sensitive data, such as Social Security numbers. How can this be done in Excel? "gracerod" <gracerod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD4E36DD-B7B2-4A0A-929C-14A1A6A26630@microsoft.com... > To comply with federal and university regulations, we need to encrypt > sensitive data, such as Social Security numbers. How can this be done in > Excel? Do you actually need to work with those numbers, or are they there just because they are? And, for each person's record, is there an...

Promoting Email to CRM problems URGENT!
Hi, Using SFO to promote emails from an archive file to various leads. Only when I click promote and select the lead etc, the email does not show as an activity for the lead. It is shown in closed activities but I can not associate it with the lead. The lead is in the regarding box and the to and from contacts are resolved. I've spend 4 days sorting thousands of emails in preparation for this and it's very disappointing to now find that it doesn't work. I have asked everyone here but no one can help me. I have the maximum amount of permissions (up to administrator). My jo...

GP10 security issue
Hi. I just upgraded GP7.5 to v.10. As well as the servers (now its SQL2008 on Windows 2008 OS) I did adding up new users, tasks & roles. When I tried the accessing GP using the new users, tasks & roles I created (doing this on the GP server) I was successful. When I go to the workstation & access gp using the same user login, I was able to enter the user ID & the password. However, after I selected the company and clicked OK, I was prompted "You are not priviledged to open this form" Please help. Are the workstations on a Terminal Server? -- Richard L. Whal...

Rouding Dates to beginning of a week
I have previously been using weeknum function to produce reports in week number order. Users now wish to see the actual start date of each week. Is there a standard function to do this or do I need to create an algorithm? Regards Assuming the date is in A1, and the week starts on a Monday, then =A1+CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(A1),1,0,-1,-2,-3,-4,-5) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Peter W" <PeterW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0995C81F-3010-47BC-91CB-4A65413E1F9F@microsoft.com... > I have previously been using weeknum fun...

Row Level Security
Is there any third Party module availabe for Row Level Security. One of our customer wants to restrict the access to Customers, Vendors, Items etc as per each user's access rights. If anybody has any information about this, please send it to my email. Any updates on this will be highly appreciated. Regards, Sirajudeen shismail@softnetcorp.com I have developed a Row Level Filtering demonstration that can be used with the Lesson/Sample company. It was created as a "Proof of concept" to show that filtering was possible, but is not available for purchase at this stage. A...

Service in CRM 3.0
Hello. My question involves working with the Service section of CRM. I am fairly new to the whole CRM system but up to now, going through Sales and Marketing I haven't been to mind-boggled. I am trying to create a new case and link it to a contract through the options that are available by default in the New Case form view. For some reason, when I go to look-up the contract for a particular case I don't return any results. Why??? Basically I'm asking is there any information out there that walks you through the Service section of CRM, else can someone give me a quick ...

MS CRM Outlook Plugin does not reconnect
We use the MS CRM Outlook Plugin extensively but have seen that whenever the connection to the server is lost the plugin will not reconnect. We are forced to exit Outlook and re-enter. Is there a way to cause the plugin to reconnect? "Chris Bray" wrote: > We use the MS CRM Outlook Plugin extensively but have seen that whenever the > connection to the server is lost the plugin will not reconnect. We are > forced to exit Outlook and re-enter. Is there a way to cause the plugin to > reconnect? Hi Chris, Are you still having this problem? At our site, one user ru...

CRM needs to allow attachments and links in KB Articles
in addition to the search capabilities for knowledgebase articles, it would be nice to be able to place related topics links in the articles themselves. Also, I would like to be able to introduce a topic/solution and then attach a document, in PDF most likely, that gives the full (often 10-20 pages long, with graphics) description. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ...

When I load the CRM in I.E. v6.0 my browser simply closes, with no error or warning, the window just "goes away" This happens for multiple people at our office Anyone have a solution? Disable your popup blocker/google toolbar. Search the newsgroup, and you should find many answers/solutions. Mike "Jeremy A" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8572F542-70DC-4471-AFFB-2895BB12711C@microsoft.com... > When I load the CRM in I.E. v6.0 my browser simply closes, with no error or warning, the window just "goes away". > > This ...

Error Loading Outlook CRM Client (Tried other solutions)
Ok maybe someone can point me to the right place to look for an answer. I have a client PC that gets the following everytime he opens Outlook. "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." He is using a Desktop that the previous user was able to use just fine with CRM and Outlook and in fact the rest of my office has no problem with this add-in just this one user. We removed other Logins (there wern't any) We changed the RCOffline to "1" We changed his trusted sit...

Exchange router not frowarding email to CRM
Hi, Have setup CRM-Exchange Email Router & Deployment rules. When sending an email from outlook to external contact regarding a case (for example), external contact receives email with CRM tag. When external contact replies email arrives in inbox, but does not automatically go into history to attach itself to case. This has to be done by opening email & clicking "Track in CRM". The email from the external contact does get as far as the inbox of the MSCRMSystemuser mail box that was setup for the router, but does not get deployed from here in to MSCRM. Nothing in logs...

Simple import/export of customization procedure in CRM 3.0
Hi I dont know whats the porblem but its not working, I added a few fields and tabs here and there, and also made some mapping ... published customizations and everything is OK, but when trying to import those customizations on to another server, it says import succesfull, but nothing changes. can some one give me the simple steps of exporting and then importing customizations?? -- Alaadin Abu Libdeh publish all entities then see if the changes appear ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "AbuLibdeh" <AbuLi...

Default Security settings for Exchange 2003 with OWA, PDA, RPC HTTPS using SSL
Need help! Getting conflicting information about how to setup Exchange 2003 using SSL, to support OWA, mobile access and RPC over HTTPS. I have a FE/BE environment. The FE server is behind a Cisco PIX firewall. By default the "Default Web Site" is checked to require SSL. I've read you have to disable this to make some PDA's/cellphones be able to sync with your server. (I don't want to allow OWA or RPC without SSL!) Also finding different information about how to set all the settings on the different Exchange folders (like Exchange, Exchweb, Microsoft-Server-ActiveSyn...

CRM 1.2 client uninstall
Hi, Error installing CRM 3.0 client. It keeps saying that the is an incompatiable client installed (1.2 which was on a client machine). However, it has been uninstalled from add/remove list, regclean has removed orphaned references to CRM 1.2, and install clean up does not list it as an application fro removal. There is no *apparent* reference to CRM on the C Drive. Any ideas greatly welcomed :o) Thanks Simon Simon, To "fully" remove CRM 1.2 or 3.0 clients, I do the following: - add remove programs to uninstall - delete MSCRM.PST from user profile folder (documents and sett...

Help finding CRM
Hi all, first of all, sorry for my bad english ;-) I'm looking for a CRM. Our business is to sell tech advising by email. 1) Our customer ask us a question by email 2) we ask, by email, the customer to make payment by paypal 3) we receive the paypal notify of payment 4) we send our answer to customer in PDF format, with the invoice. So our perfect CRM, is an email manager tha can track customer history, save PDF file into the customer homepage, show questions received waiting for payments... can be integrated with IPN Paypal... Anyone can suggest any CRM for us? Thank you very much! ...

Intermittent File Security Warning
Several of my PowerPoint presentations use video clips. Rather than imbed them in the file, I keep them in a folder and use links to run them. When I click "Play," I get the "Some files contain viruses..." for some of them and some I don't. I'd rather not disable the warning when it is appropriate, but don't want it popping up when accessing files in my own pc. I added the "video folder" to trusted locations, but I still get the warnings. Very annoying and looks like amateur night when making presentations. Are there any solutions to this...

CRM Mobile 3.0 Error in Connection.
Hi All, I have successfully installed CRM 3.0 in SBS 2003. 1. CRM Server - Working. 2. CRM Web Client - Working. 3. CRM Outlook Client - Working. 4. CRM Mobile in WM2005 - Not Working ! There were no errors during the installation and configuration of CRM Mobile 3.0. All CRM related services are running. I have followed the Implementation guide very closely. After I deployed and installed the cab file to the PDA which is running WM2005, I launched the CRM Mobile. I entered the User Name / Password and click Ok. I have Go Mobile role. During the registration process, it prompted an err...

convert week numbers into dates
Is there a function or a simple formula that will return a date from a week number? For instance, a week for my company starts on a Sunday. Week 15 on my calendar begins with 04/06/08. I would like to enter 15 and have it return the first day of that week which is in my example 04/06/08. Thank you so much for your help. V One way enter in B1 =39439+A1*7 format B1 cell as a date enter the week number in A1 Every year the number 39439 will have to be changed to reflect the date of the last week in the previous year. -- Greetings from New Zealand "valerie" <vgarrow@carlet...

CRM Customization 05-03-05
I was trying to customize CRM. What I am looking for is 1) Is there anyway that we can change the order of the menu items in the left bar? Such as for accounts, the order of the items in the left bar is Information, More Addresses, Sales etc; I would like to have this order changed. Is it possible? 2) There are so many phone fields in CRM. Is there anyway that we can force the user to enter the phone number always in (XXX)-XXX-XXXX format? These things are stopping us from moving ahead. Kindly help. Thanks & Regards, Rajesh 1. The only way to do this would be to completely build you...

CRM 3.0 Web Part
Hi there, I'm having problems getting the CRM 3.0 web part working in Sharepoint and I suspect that it's to do with my configuration: I run Sharepoint on an SBS 2003 box and CRM 3.0 on a seperate 2003 member server. In the AD I've set the Sharepoint SBS box to allow delegation, however as this is SBS, you can't specifiy whether or not to use Kerberos Has anyone got it working using this type of setup before? K2 ...