Appointment Activities 12-05-04

Hi,

It appears when an appointment passed its scheduled time, it would complete
itself without user input, and disappearing from the Home\Past Due Activities
view. Other activities, such as phone calls and tasks etc are OK (or it
seems).
Does this make sense to anyone? If yes is there a solution or workaround?
Thank you for your help in advance.

Tony
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Tony,

I am getting the exact same behavior, for what unknown reason, I don't know.
 It's pretty ridiculous if just because the date has passed that an
appointment would be autocompleted.

Bob

"Tony" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It appears when an appointment passed its scheduled time, it would complete
> itself without user input, and disappearing from the Home\Past Due Activities
> view. Other activities, such as phone calls and tasks etc are OK (or it
> seems).
> Does this make sense to anyone? If yes is there a solution or workaround?
> Thank you for your help in advance.
>
> Tony
Tony/Bob,

Open SQL Enterprise Manager on your SQL server.

In the Management / SQL Server Agent / Jobs folder - there is a scheduled
task named '*****_MSCRM.Close Past Appointments' (where ****** is your
organization name.)

You can open that and uncheck the "enable" box to prevent the task from
running. - appointments will then need to be closed manually.

Scott.

"Bob Houdeshell" <BobHoudeshell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Tony,
>
> I am getting the exact same behavior, for what unknown reason, I don't
> know.
> It's pretty ridiculous if just because the date has passed that an
> appointment would be autocompleted.
>
> Bob
>
> "Tony" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It appears when an appointment passed its scheduled time, it would
>> complete
>> itself without user input, and disappearing from the Home\Past Due
>> Activities
>> view. Other activities, such as phone calls and tasks etc are OK (or it
>> seems).
>> Does this make sense to anyone? If yes is there a solution or workaround?
>> Thank you for your help in advance.
>>
>> Tony

0
Scott
3/24/2005 7:40:02 PM
Thank you Scott. That's most helpful.

"Scott Sewell" wrote:

> Tony/Bob,
>
> Open SQL Enterprise Manager on your SQL server.
>
> In the Management / SQL Server Agent / Jobs folder - there is a scheduled
> task named '*****_MSCRM.Close Past Appointments' (where ****** is your
> organization name.)
>
> You can open that and uncheck the "enable" box to prevent the task from
> running. - appointments will then need to be closed manually.
>
> Scott.
>

> "Bob Houdeshell" <BobHoudeshell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Tony,
> >
> > I am getting the exact same behavior, for what unknown reason, I don't
> > know.
> > It's pretty ridiculous if just because the date has passed that an
> > appointment would be autocompleted.
> >
> > Bob
> >
> > "Tony" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> It appears when an appointment passed its scheduled time, it would
> >> complete
> >> itself without user input, and disappearing from the Home\Past Due
> >> Activities
> >> view. Other activities, such as phone calls and tasks etc are OK (or it
> >> seems).
> >> Does this make sense to anyone? If yes is there a solution or workaround?
> >> Thank you for your help in advance.
> >>
> >> Tony

crystal reports 9.2.2 02-03-04
I have been working on customizing reports. After I upgraded crm to 1.2 I can no longer access my reports. I tried to install the crystal repors enhancement for 1.2. I am getting an error that I am using crystal reports 9.2.0 and I need to upgrade to 9.2.2? I had crystal reports 9.0 professional edition installed on my computer also. I removed that and then tried to install the crm 1.2 crystal reports enhancement and I am getting the same errors. Please help. Thank you It seems that CRM requires a very specific version of crystal reports ie 9.2.2 Microsoft have told me that you ...

Distributing CRM activities
I was wondering whether someone might be able to help me with the following; I currently set up the campaigns for the sales team and when I distribute the campaign activity I currently only have two options - 1. Owned by myself or 2. Distributed to the owner of the record. Due to employee changes in the past while many of the CRM records are owned by former employees and it takes too long to go through every record to change this. To this end I would like to be able to distribute campaign activities to another user who is neither the activity creator nor the owner of the record. Is t...

Update all docvariables in all active documents
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to use VBA to update all docvariable fields in all active documents? I know how to update a single document, but I'm having trouble cycling through all active documents. Thank you, Rob Probably a bit of overkill as this would update "all" fields (not just docVariables fields). Sub ScratchMaco() Dim oDoc As Word.Document For Each oDoc In Documents UpdateFields oDoc Next oDoc End Sub Sub UpdateFields(Doc As Word.Document) Dim pRange As Word.Range Dim oShp As Shape Dim iLink As Long Dim TOC As TableOfContents Dim TOF As TableO...

Windows installer problem 04-08-10
Hi All, After login to windows xp, on screen displayed windows installer and nothing showing on screen .Any reply will be appreciated. Best regards Anji Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Was the computer fully patched at Windows Update when this problem started? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another)...

Command button
[Excel 2003] I have command buttons on the userform which access other userforms (which drive the spreadsheet data entry) I have a listbox on the userform displaying a number. I would like to enter code into the command button activations such that if the number in the listbox does not equal the number stored within the code of the command button then a mesage box is displayed and the command button does not activate its sub routines. Can anyone help? Thanks, Roger Something like this: Option Explicit Public Property Get MayProceed() As Boolean Const M...

I try to assign category based on subject in appointment (code included)
Below i wrote code to assign a categorie to a calendar item based on the word "vrij" in the subject. I think this code should work.. but somehow it doesnt I use Outlook 2003 with macro security set to lowest level. The code is placed in "this outlook session" Any ideas why it doesnt work ?? ==================================================== Dim WithEvents colRDVItems As Items Private Sub Application_Startup() Dim NS As Outlook.NameSpace Set NS = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI") Set colRDVItems = NS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items Set NS = Nothing E...

distribute campaign activities
hello thanks I have a telemarketing equipment, with 3 users. I am creating a campaign and in her, activities of campaign of phone calls from a marketing list with 200 records. I need to assign to user 1, 10 every day to user 2, 8 every day to user 3, 5 every day until completing the 200 watching use can be made distribute campaign activities, but when doing it assigns it all the 200 registries simultaneously how to do this? very thanks for your help best regards ...

Outlook removes in box items upon reply
When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? "Jeff J" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d84701c3ef3a$b3646a70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from > my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot > find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? View-Current View-All messages. When I look at that, it does nothing. If I cahnge the View to "View Me...

activate macro
how do i automatically run a macro when i move from one worksheet to another. ie select another worksheet, then automatically run a specific macro pat Patrick, Put this sub in the ThisWorkbook module. Sh will be the worksheet that was just activated. Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) MsgBox Sh.Name ' take out the line above and put in your code End Sub -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thread gets ...

HELP! 12-06-07
Excel won't open and I've both tried re-installing it, and rebooting what should I do? On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 00:42:20 -0500, avarage wrote: > Excel won't open and I've both tried re-installing it, and rebooting what > should I do? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever Office program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows and Office version number in the message. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgrou...

How to activate Notes & Activities on a Custom Entity...
Anyone know how to activate the Notes & Activities (associated entities) for a custom entity AFTER they've been created? After you create and save they can't be altered from the front-end so any advice on how to do this from the backend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

Wait Activity Condition
We have an activity that is added to the lead record automatically at the time the lead is created. It is a phone call activity for our reps to followup with the lead. We also have a sales process (workflow) set up for once the lead is converted to an opportunity. My question is: How can I keep the lead from being converted to an opportunity until the phone call activity on the lead is completed? I have looked at the Wait Activity Condition but can't seem to get anything to work. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks, Wendi ...

Credit card processing 05-15-07
Is it possible with Access? Any good references? Matt <mdw233psu@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is it possible with Access? Not without putting your data in a SQL Server database among many other things. The credit card companies want to ensure your corporation is keeping that data very, very secure. And depending on the laws in your province, state, territory and/or country your employer really wants to keep that data secure. It is very embarrassing to hear your corp name on the news. >Any good references? No idea. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only i...

how do i make a chart follow the active cell
I have a worksheet that has frozen panes. I need the chart that is on the worksheet to be visible wherever the cursor is. is this possible? Hi, That would require VBA code. This example places the chart to the right of the active cell. Add this to the sheet code module which contains the chart object. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) With Target.Parent.ChartObjects(1) .Top = Target.Cells(1).Top .Left = Target.Cells(1).Left + Target.Cells(1).Width End With End Sub Cheers Andy mepetey wrote: > I have a worksheet that has froze...

Customisation 08-15-05
Hi, We have been running CRM for several months now on standard licenses. We have recently used up the 8000 byte limit for entities in accounts so have decided to upgrade to professional licenses and use the orders and contracts functionality. However we have a few thousand accounts that need orders created for each product they have (currently have a tab each on accounts information page). Is there any way of automating this to create a new order for each product each account has? Also is there any way of changing the "name" field on an order to be a picklist? or could i cr...

CRM 1.2 Activitys
For some reason my companies CRM database has become corrupt and there are some invalid Activities listed in the ActivityBase Database. I have been able to locate the invalid entries and was considering just manually deleting them from the database, since deleting from the CRM interface isn't working. Will manually deleting them just cause more headaches for me? If I do remove the activities are there other tables that will need to have rows manually removed also? I can seem to find documentation on how activities are related to the other tables? Manually updating the database is...

Creating Reports 05-08-07
I have been investigating the different methods of creating a new report in crm and have found a few different methods. What is the easier and time efficient method for creating a new custom report? On May 8, 3:26 pm, Nate <N...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have been investigating the different methods of creating a new report in > crm and have found a few different methods. What is the easier and time > efficient method for creating a new custom report? Pre-filtering the reports per the SDK is probably going to be your best bet. You can upload them into CRM and ...

Activity Rollover
I'm not sure if I am overlooking this but is there a feature to rollover activities? For example, I had a callback to make on the 18th October, which I do not make. If I look at my activity list for today, I would like that this call is rolled over to today. Is this possible? Thanks Ricky That isn't possible in exactly the way you describe, but you can select 'overdue' in the 'Date' drop down. "ricky10" <ricky10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:197DF231-275C-484F-AB04-3CB30052E830@microsoft.com... > I'm not sure if I am ...

query criteria 12-29-07
I have a criteria test in the [DR].[Received Date] field of a query. The criteria is based on data which is entered into a form. >=(IIf(IsNull([Forms]![CSR dg]![txtEarliestReceivedDate]),[DR].[Received Date],[Forms]![CSR dg]![txtEarliestReceivedDate])) The true side of the IIF allows for all received dates if no data is entered into the form. I would like to instead not do a criteria test at all if there is no date entered into the form. I've tried things like "" or NULL in the criteria, but to no avail. The reason for wanting to do this, is that I have two tables linke...

Activate Mailbox Calendars without logging on as user?
Hi Exchange experts, I have created a test site with an OU of 20 users with Exchange 2003 mailboxes. I would like to use PFDAVAdmin to grant everyone read only permissions to the calendars and grant publishing editor (or equivalent) permissions on the calendars so I can populate the users with test appointments. I understood that PFDAVAdmin synchronizes free/busy info at the same time as it assigns permissions. However, I am having two problems that I would appreciate you advice on : a) I cannot seem to access the mailbox calendar properties in PFDAVAdmin until I try to access them ...

Highlight ing of active line within excel
is it possible to when using the find option when locating something within a spreadsheet can the search resulting line can that be highlighted to provide easy reading Take a look at Chip Pearson's RowLiner: http://cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm In article <40AD1702-43AB-48F4-9222-4D42C983B893@microsoft.com>, "glen2351" <glen2351@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > is it possible to when using the find option when locating something within a > spreadsheet can the search resulting line can that be highlighted to provide > easy reading ...

microsoft word activating
hi I don't know if this is the right group to answer this but here goes I installed microsoft word and put in an incorrect name to be licensed to Now a box comes up and it will not activate How can I change the license name on the license agreement that one fills in at the beginning thanks ...

Office 2007 Home & Student Re-Installation Activation Key challeng
I'm having an issue with my father's copy of MS-Office Home & Student 2007. He recently had to reformat his laptop, which cleared his original installation of the software. Now, after I've reloaded the Office Suite onto his computer and move to launch any of the applications, I'm prompted for the Activation Key. I have all the orignal packaging, including the certificate of authenticity. Unfortunately, none of the numbers on the packaging can be entered into the activation key field. There is lots of detail around finding alternative MSFT phone support to ...

I can't install the 12.2.1 update on Snow Leopard
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I guarantee a legitimate copy of Office 2008 for Mac is on my iMac. Any suggestions? On 9/30/09 3:43 PM, in article 59b7d9fc.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "kpainte1@officeformac.com" <kpainte1@officeformac.com> wrote: > Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the > software required to install this update was n...

OMA\Active-Sync\OWA and ISA 2004
Currently I am running Exchange Ver 6.5 (Build 7638.2 SP2). I have OWA working externally using SSL-to-SSL on my ISA 2004 firewall. This was configured according articles on MS and isaserver.org. I have OWA-Forms based authentication set on the firewall. I need to get a Treo 650 working remotely through the ISA firewall. The device will sync up just fine internally. Any ideas on how I should get the device to work externally would be greatly appreciated. ...