Anyone used service scheduling to manage Hotel or Classroom bookin

I need a simple data entry capability with rooms vertically and a scrollable
calendar
--
Best wishes
WES

creating opportunity on custom web page using CRM API
Hi All, I have an aspx form that uses the CRM API to create an opportunity into the crm application from a website. I set the usual text fields. The default compulsory fields are Topic and Poential Customer. When I enter an existing Account name ie, 'John Smith' in the Potential Customer field and submit the form, it comes up with an error: SOAP Server Application Faulted 80040216An unexpected error occurred.Object Type was not provided on attribute 'customerid'D:\crm\Build\3297\src\platform\include\OMCommon\CrmPropertyBagUtil.inl457 Source: System.Web.Services I beleive th...

Web Service Reference not showing XSD
Hi, I just started playing around with web services. When I reference my Web Service in my project, the XSD classes don't get referenced (they don't show). When I switch to class view in my WEb Services rpoject I see them fine. But not when the web service is referenced. What's missing? Pat ...

Are you using Budget feature?
Hello guys, are you using Budget un Money? what for? what would you like changed/improved in it? thanks, Vadim Rapp Not much. It's too broken and limited by insistence that scheduled items must be in budget. Most of its problems stem from trying to make that work well. I'd use it more for comparing actuals to budget and doing variance analysis. If all Advanced budget allowed me to do was set category budgets by arbitrary time period as average values or discrete values and then support all the variance reporting, I'd be happy as a clam. I don't need Budget Groups--...

Email Management 04-20-10
Using Outlook 2007. My director gets tons of emails each day. He wants me to manage the incoming mail for him; but still be able to access them at some point. He has set up .pst files folders for most of his incoming mail; however, I have discovered that I can't see those folders. If he sets up sub-folders under his incoming mailbox, that mail counts toward the mailbox size. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we could set up an efficient way to manage incoming mail and still make it available to him for later review without filling up the mailbox. Thanks in adv...

using macro to save a file produces runtime error 4198
I upgraded from Win-XP/Office 2003 to Win-7/Office 2007; the code below ran fine in Word 2003 but in Word 2007 generates runtime error 4198. The variables and directory location are valid. The parameters for FileName are updated for Word 2007; the grammer for the FileName appears correct (no grammer errors when macro runs as is, but grammer errors if I change the string.) When I substitute an actual file name in place of the variables, the code runs w/o error, but the Debug.Print statements generate correct strings. I feel kind of dumb- but what is different about use of variab...

Problem using SaveAs method
Hi, I'm running a perl script which uses Win 32 OLE package for Excel operations. The script does some processing and populates a spreadsheet, after which it uses the 'SaveAs' method to save it as xls in the same folder in which the tool runs. This used to work fine until recently I upgraded from MS Office 2003 to MS Office 2007 version 12.0.6524.5003. Now, the script does not produce any xlsx file at all. I tried the same on another machine running Excel 2007 version 12.0.4518.1014, and surprisingly it generated the xlsx. Is this some known issue with this ver...

DateRange Lookup no exact match, can't use lesser
want to lookup up the date value entered in cells C15 through C22 Lookup table = $C $6 through $D $11 and return value in column 2 Problem - dates in C15 through C22 are date ranges. Formula must return the date in column D of the lookup table_array which corresponds to the date in cells $C$6 through $C$11 that is >=C15 and <= C 15 So if table looks like this c6 = 1/1/2010 d6 = 1/12/2010 c7 = 1/15/2010 d7 = 1/29/2010 c8 = 1/31/2010 d8 = 2/13/2010 c9 = 2/15/2010 d9 = 2/26/2010 c10 = 2/28/2010 d10 = 3/13/2010 c11 = 3/15/201...

problem using pst files with Exchange 2003 Standard
Hi, I am having problem using old Pst files when installing new Exchage 2003 Server. Every one in my organization worked in POP3 with pst files , (Outlook 2000/XP) without any difficults. Now, After I have installed Exchange 2003 Standard Edition, and I moved their old emails trough the pst files into the new Exchange Mailbox, I am having Problem reading those mails. I have moved them using the Outlook Drug and Drop feature or even Import/Export Sometimes. Now, those emails are there, but I just can`t use them. They are become unavailable (Gray Color). Please, help find a solution for th...

Highlighting text using conditional formatting
Hi All I'm trying to highlight certain text in a list - namely all text that end with river, stream or creek. I've been trying to use conditional formatting but for some reason I can't seem to get it to go (I would have thought * wildcard would have done the trick but no such luck). Ideally you would have a different colour for rivers, creeks and streams. The list is like this Grey River Brash Creek Fred Stream Hell Stream Roger River Turd Creek and so on (about 3000 entries) Any ideas about how you can do this? Feedback appreciated. Thanks Mike Try this... Select the text ...

Field values used to filter a report
I have a report that is based upon a query that filters the data in a variety of ways. The net result is a listing of Zip Codes that I ultimately use as a part of the data for a report. The contents of this report is limited to the Zip Codes from the query. (Not a true filter) I need to be able to print this list of zip codes in a comma seperated list in the report header. I am sure this can be easily accomplished but for the life of me I cannot figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. There are 2 parts to your question: a) How to provide an interface ...

schedule a task to run a report
I need to use the Windows task scheduler to run a report, I can see how to do this if the access file is closed. What if the file is currently open ? regards Trevor -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-gettingstarted/200911/1 Hi Trevor, use a different database for the scheduler task ... link to all your tables, put your report in there and anything else it needs create an AutoExec macro that opens the report (which will automatically print unless you specify otherwise) and then exits Access Warm Regards, ...

Mailbox Management Report is blank
I set up a policy to Generate a report of all users Sent and Deleted Items folders. I set the reporting level to Summary as a test and also Detail as a test. Each time I run the Mailbox Maintenancde Process, the email gets sent to the administrator I chose but it is blank. Even on the detail attachment it is blank. The event viewer log shows the correct information that should be on the report, but the email is blank. Any ideas? Does the exchange server need a MAPI client installed like 5.5 needed? You shouldn't install Oultook on your exchange server. I've run into problems wi...

Outlook and Offline Folders using IMAP #2
I'm running Outlook 2007. It seams to support the IMAP protocol reasonably well. However, I can't figure out how to move messages between folders when I'm offline (it gives an error message saying I can't, see below). This same operation works fine in MS Windows Mail (the equivalent of Outlook Express that ships with Windows Vista) and Mozilla Thunderbird. It's clearly not a limitation of IMAP. I can download messages and read and delete them when I'm offline. I just can't move them between folders unless I'm online. Since Outlook synchronizes any change...

Setting the Startup Options for an Access 2007 database using VBA
Afternoon everyone, I'm trying to use the information from an MSDN page of roughly the same title (Setting Startup Options Programmatically in Access 2000, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140020(office.10).aspx) to setup the startup options of my database. Firstly, I don't know whether this option should be placed in a module or event (like Form_Load). Secondly, I'm not too sure that I have the code correctly written down: Private Sub Form_Load() Dim dbs As CurrentProject Set dbs = Application.CurrentProject dbs.Properties....

Monitoring Exchange Services
HI All, I'm responsible for Systemmanagement in our company. Since many times we had problems with our exchange Server. Is there a way to monitor this services with snmp ? Generally...I want also monitor any other microsoft services... Thanks Udo ukonstantin@cityweb.de (udo) wrote: >HI All, > >I'm responsible for Systemmanagement in our company. >Since many times we had problems with our exchange Server. >Is there a way to monitor this services with snmp ? > >Generally...I want also monitor any other microsoft services... > > >Thanks > >Udo Y...

Use the same cell from many worksheets to create a chart?
I have a new worksheet for each day, labeled with the date. I want to pull data from the same cell (like "P-3") in each worksheet and put it into a chart. Example: On ten worksheets, pull the data from cell P-3 (arbitrarily called "income"). Then, put that P-3 data into a chart that tracks daily income: the date itself (taken from the worksheet name) plus the data. Any idea how to do this? You need to create a summary region on a worksheet, and use this as the data source for your chart. See this page for more details: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Char...

Changing database used with ODBC link
I have a excel spreadsheet containing many (we're talking thousand here!) of cells which look-up information via an ODBC link to our SQ Server database. This database has recently changed, so I need to mak every one of these queries point to a new database in the system Unfortunately the name of the database appears to be hardcoded in t each query. I have tried in vain to do a search and replace in a tex editor on the spreadsheet, but as I feared once I have done this th spreadsheet no longer opens. Is there any way to globally update the queries used? I don't fanc manually updating e...

Task Manager, Process
When you run Excel 2003, it remains open as a process (seen under Task Manager/Process). When it remains running as a process, it prevents faxes from being sent. If I end the process, faxes go through, but it remains running as a process; which prevents other faxes from being sent. How can I prevent Excel from running as a process? Or, automatically kill it? I don't use xl2003, but I use xl2002 at home and xl2k at work. The only time I've seen these rogue processes are when excel crashes (or I automate something incorrectly and that instance can't close). But I've neve...

how to use captions -> Cross-reference
I'm interested in word 2007's ability to maintain cross references such as 'on figure 7 we can see that' so that if I added another figure it would automatically update to figure 8 etc. I've tried to use word 2007 help but it's patchy and minimal, I don't understand where the normal help files are. For example if I search for captions the first hit is the 'add or delete captions' page, but on that page there's no mention of cross-references or how to use them. I also can't find an index of help items like there is in visual studio or ...

Using cost basis for net worth report
I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there any way I can do that? No. "Kevin Dorrell" <Kevin Dorrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79127E17-14EF-403D-833A-E0D672C8D929@microsoft.com... >I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis > (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there > any > way I can do that? Oh. That's not very good, is it! Thanks for the rep...

Resource Scheduling #4
We currently use Outlook 2002 and exchange server 5.5. We have a group of users who are tutors. The tutor's appointments are scheduled by a scheduling team. We understand how to allow the scheduling team the correct permissions to make entries in the tutors' diaries using delegate permissions, however, we want to create a situation where the tutors can make entries in their own diaries but cannot change entries made by the scheduling team. We carried out the following on a test tutor diary in Outlook. Tools Options; Calendar Options; Resource Scheduling, we ticked the option...

Popups used more than once
Is it a good idea to use the same popup in more than one place or should you make a copy of it. I have a customers popup that I need to call on more than one form. Is there any possibilty of a conflict. if more than one user is using the database if they call the same popup at the same time? Robert Robert, Probably won't be a problem. However, if you have miultiple users, the very strongly recommended approach is for each user to have his own separate copy of a front-end application file, linking to the core data tables in a shared backend file. That way, "call the sa...

Cannot access public folders from System Manager
I can't access the public folders using the Exchange System Manager, the error that I get says that it is not implemented(error 501). We had a limited number of folders when we had Ex5.5 and now we have migrated to Ex2K3. We have not had to use them up to now and users that used the public folders can still access them via Outlook. How can I correct this? I need to do this to integrate our new agency management system with email. Hi Frank, About Error 501,pls check this KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839744 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Frank" <Frank@d...

Integration manager error #11
We are using Integration Manager in GP 10. We are trying to import a simple tab delimited text file to GP 10. I set up the integration and select the text file for the source. I specify Payroll master as the destination. I set the mapping choices. When I select "Run", I receive an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". We have multiple GP companies and I do not see where in the destination process that I specify the GP 10 company that I want to import into. I am wondering if this is causing the error. I am looking at the Integration manager...

Using Photo Watermarks
I wish to use a colour photo as a watermark in the design of a DVD insert when using Publisher 2000. However, as the colours are strong, the title text (in black) in the foreground is difficult to read. How can I make the colours paler so as to make the title text more legible? It seems to be possible to do this when using clip art and a single colour, but not photos. The only possible solution I have found is to convert the photo to grey scale, and then use the colour palette to choose the intensity of the grey. BUT - I want to retain the colours. All suggestions gratefully received. Sp...