Anyone found a way to remove Outlook CRM client after a corrupted or deleted user profile?

Just curious if anyone has discovered a way to remove the Sales for
Outlook after having either a corrupted or deleted user profile?  So
far I have had this twice and have had to re-image each computer in
order to be able to re-install the client for a new user.

Thanks.

Carl Fisher

0
cfisher
5/10/2004 6:45:21 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The main thing you need to do is remove the MSCRM key from the registry (local
mahchine\software\microsoft\mscrm).  Then, you actually need to install and then
uninstall.  This will give you the cleanest removal.

Matt Parks

On Mon, 10 May 2004 14:45:21 -0400, cfisher@netsolv.net wrote:

Just curious if anyone has discovered a way to remove the Sales for
Outlook after having either a corrupted or deleted user profile?  So
far I have had this twice and have had to re-image each computer in
order to be able to re-install the client for a new user.

Thanks.

Carl Fisher

0
Matt
5/10/2004 11:44:50 PM
Okay, even more fun and games...

Sales user leaves and their computer gets reassigned to a new
employee.

Computer 1, Uninstall CRM as the old employee, go to install it as the
new employee.  Install runs fine, puts the folders into outlook but
can't access them.  Just sits idle and never launches the embedded
page.  Uninstall and re-install and same result.  Clear cache on cutom
forms in outlook.  No help.

Computer 2, pulled the CRM registry key as the old user, uninstalled,
Installed as new user same problem.  Uninstall and re-install as you
mentioned below, no help.

Computer 3, uninstalled normal and installed as new user, worked 100%
(Note, this was the exact same process attempted on Computer 1)

Sounds like a major problem with SFO uninstall process.

Thank god for PQDI and standardized images.

On Mon, 10 May 2004 18:44:50 -0500, Matt Parks
<mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> wrote:

>The main thing you need to do is remove the MSCRM key from the registry (local
>mahchine\software\microsoft\mscrm).  Then, you actually need to install and then
>uninstall.  This will give you the cleanest removal.
>
>Matt Parks

>On Mon, 10 May 2004 14:45:21 -0400, cfisher@netsolv.net wrote:
>
>Just curious if anyone has discovered a way to remove the Sales for
>Outlook after having either a corrupted or deleted user profile?  So
>far I have had this twice and have had to re-image each computer in
>order to be able to re-install the client for a new user.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Carl Fisher

0
cfisher
5/20/2004 2:14:38 PM
uninstall Sales for Outlook
uninstall MSDE too if still installed
serach for MSDE's sql data files and delete them (uninstall won't do this)
search for *.pst  delete CRM pst

remove old profile from outlook
create the new profile
open outlook at least one with the new created profile before starting Sales
for Outlook installation
then reinstall Sales for Outlook

<cfisher@netsolv.net> wrote in message
> Okay, even more fun and games...
>
> Sales user leaves and their computer gets reassigned to a new
> employee.
>
> Computer 1, Uninstall CRM as the old employee, go to install it as the
> new employee.  Install runs fine, puts the folders into outlook but
> can't access them.  Just sits idle and never launches the embedded
> page.  Uninstall and re-install and same result.  Clear cache on cutom
> forms in outlook.  No help.
>
> Computer 2, pulled the CRM registry key as the old user, uninstalled,
> Installed as new user same problem.  Uninstall and re-install as you
> mentioned below, no help.
>
> Computer 3, uninstalled normal and installed as new user, worked 100%
> (Note, this was the exact same process attempted on Computer 1)
>
> Sounds like a major problem with SFO uninstall process.
>
> Thank god for PQDI and standardized images.
>

> On Mon, 10 May 2004 18:44:50 -0500, Matt Parks
> <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >The main thing you need to do is remove the MSCRM key from the registry
(local
> >mahchine\software\microsoft\mscrm).  Then, you actually need to install
and then
> >uninstall.  This will give you the cleanest removal.
> >
> >Matt Parks
> >
> >----------------------------------------
> >----------------------------------------
> >On Mon, 10 May 2004 14:45:21 -0400, cfisher@netsolv.net wrote:
> >
> >Just curious if anyone has discovered a way to remove the Sales for
> >Outlook after having either a corrupted or deleted user profile?  So
> >far I have had this twice and have had to re-image each computer in
> >order to be able to re-install the client for a new user.
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> >Carl Fisher

0
caretta

WCF Client serialization problem

Linking files 2 ways

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Unable to delete empty database

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails