Any way to delete a user?

I have installed a few users into our CRM1.2 setup, and I would like to
remove them, one has a license attached which I cannot remove through the
CRM GUI or Manager. Is there any way to delete these old users?

Thanks
Mark

0
Mark
5/28/2004 11:58:45 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I think just remove that License from that particular user and you will be
able to make use of it onto another user later on should you wish.

I believe you cann't delete the users because there would be history tied
behind them and hence not allowing you the option of deleteing.

Regards
Fakhruddin

"Mark Chaplin" <mark@discgotech.com> wrote in message
> I have installed a few users into our CRM1.2 setup, and I would like to
> remove them, one has a license attached which I cannot remove through the
> CRM GUI or Manager. Is there any way to delete these old users?
>
> Thanks
> Mark

0
Fakhruddin
6/1/2004 5:35:11 AM
Do you get an error msg when trying to remove the license via the GUI?  As long
as the user is "Enabled", you should be able to use the "Maintain Licenses " to
remove a license from the user.

Unfortunately, you can't delete a user in a supported manner.  It is recommended
that you re-assign all objects owned, remove the license, and then disable the
user.

Matt Parks

On Fri, 28 May 2004 16:58:45 -0700, "Mark Chaplin" <mark@discgotech.com> wrote:

I have installed a few users into our CRM1.2 setup, and I would like to
remove them, one has a license attached which I cannot remove through the
CRM GUI or Manager. Is there any way to delete these old users?

Thanks
Mark

0
Matt

How can I turn of zooming so that users can't change size of work.
I have about 50 worksheets and the employees will be updating there own worksheet. Some like to change the size of the worksheet by zooming out which makes it hard for me to read. Is there a way that I can set the zooming to a specific percent and then no let anybody change it? Thanks, cwwolfdog I think I'd let the other users do whatever they found comfortable. But I'd have a macro that changed the zoom to what I liked -- I could run that whenever I wanted on whatever window is showing. Something like: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myWindow As Window Dim wks As...

deleting multiple rows
Hello: I need to be able to delete multiple rows out of a worksheet. What I need to be able to do is have a function/macro that can identify a string of characters and then delete all the rows that have those characters. For example, if row 4, 18, and 45 all had "blue" in them (assume column is A), then I need something to go delete row, 4, 18, and 45. At the top of my worksheet I will have several, probably about 3, criteria, such as, "blue", "red", and "green" that will all need to be deleted. Now here's where I really need help. A row may ...

Error when adding new user to CRM
Hello all, I need to add 5 new users into CRM. When I complete the first form for the user information such as Last name, First name, email address, etc, then click the save button I receive an error page and the following message is logged in the Application log. MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: The statement has been terminated. Error Message: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not avail...

SBS Exchange 2003: Create new user in AD but no exchange mailbox #3
I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it prompts me about creating a mail box. It says it's creating a mailbox, then it's done. But no mailbox appears. In fact, if I use the Exchange tasks wizard, I can create, delete, and recreate the mailbox--all say successful without an error message. And yet, no mailbox. This is even after I reboot the PC and sent email to the address. Any ideas what's going on? mike.aes@gmail.com wrote: > I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. > > When I create a new user ...

Lookup Function in user form
I have a combo box (cboitem1) and a text box (txtprice1). I am using the code below to have txtprice1 fill with the corresponding price the worksheet: Private Sub Cboitem1_Change() If cboItem1 <> "" Then txtprice1.Value = Excel.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(cboItem1.Value, Sheets("Pizzas").Range("A1:B65536"), 2, False) End If End Sub It works perfectly when you enter an existing value in cboitem1. However if 'the user' accidently types a letter that is not the first letter of one of the existing items VB debugging pops up with error &qu...

Excel user information
I am interested in learning about who uses Excel and how they use it. For example, what percentage of users have had formal training; how many use VLookup, or how many build models from scratch. Does anyone know of a source for such information? Thanks. Steve Powell No idea where you would get official stats, if indeed they even exist (Which i doubt), but happy to give you my personal guess:- Formal Training - Less than 1% Use VLOOKUP - Less than 10% Build Models - Depends on definition of what a model is. A couple of cells of data with a formula could be construed as a model, so I...

Outlook won't allow me to delete message
I tried to forward an email message and it did not work. The message sat in the Outbox after the rest of the messages where sent. I then clicked on the message and 'forwarded' it. That message was sent. When I then tried to delete the original message in the 'Outbox' folder, it will not allow it and gives me the following message: 'This message interface has produced an unknown error. If the problem persits, restart Outlook. When I restarted Outlook (three times) the message still appears when I try to delete it. Everything else works fine and I can continu...

Cannot Delete a rule in the Rules Wizard
I am running Outlook 2002. I am trying to delete a rule in the rules wizard (I no longer want certain email to be sent to a special folder). In the 'Apply rules in the following order' box, I click the rule to delete. I then click delete (as directed by the Outlook help files). When I try to click OK, it gives the following message: 'A value in the Rule Description box has not been set..to set a value, click underlined words at the bottom of the Rules Wizard'. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Thanks, Howard ...

Could Microsoft create a MSPOS user manual?
My customers are asking for one. Guess we were spoiled by RMS Store Operations having one available after Microsoft updated the SMS Commerce manuals. Makes me expect one for MSPOS even though most software no longer has printed manuals. -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solutions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

Outlook Express deletes attachments #2
My parents tried to open an attachment and it states that OEM has deleted the attachments and puts a lock symbol in front of the e-mail. How can this be fixed and how can I unlock the e-mail after it is fixed. ...

Is there a way to automatically put the $ sign into the formula?
I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to do this?? Hit [F4] several times and watch the results. Micky "hrb_2001" wrote: > I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. > How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to > do this?? > Hi, Enter =A1 then tap F4 Repeated taps of F4 scroll through the referencing options -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently an...

Deleting Linked Source(s)
In Excel 2000, how do you delete a link Source(s)? I know you can 'clear contents' in each destination cell to achieve this, but is there a simpler way. Can be difficult to determine which cells are in fact destination cells. Thanks, Jim This may help you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;214127 >-----Original Message----- >In Excel 2000, how do you delete a link Source(s)? I know >you can 'clear contents' in each destination cell to >achieve this, but is there a simpler way. Can be difficult >to determine which cells are in fac...

can't delete inbox on Outlook 6
I need help in deleting 368 messages in the in basket on my boss' computer. Trying all the obvious methods of deleting, the program does not react to anything. (delete key on keyboard, command on menu, etc.) I know there must be a way to remove these messages (one is increidbly long and perhaps the villian...been in the inbox since early October!). Since this is my boss' computer, is there anyone that can make me look like a hero? thanks, debe Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a q...

delete ghost spaces
Got this code.... Doesnt always work for some reason. Any alternate way to put this? (Or is something wrong with it?) Sub eat_spaces() Dim c As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual For Each c In Range("G2:T1500") c = Replace(c, " ", "") Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic End Sub I'm going to guess some of your spaces are non-breaking spaces (usually acquired from webpage text), so try using this line of code i...

User Template crashes Outlook2007
When I select a distribution template from "User Templates in File System" Outlook crashes, sends error amessage, and reloads Outlook. Can't weem to find the problem. ...

deleting duplicate rows
I have an import file that might have duplicates that I don't want to deal with. I'm creating a temp table from the import file and want to delete the duplicates from the temp table before proceding with other code. Here's an example table: create table #temp (itemnum int, firstname varchar(10), notes varchar(50)) insert into #temp (itemnum, firstname, notes) values (1, 'keith', 'some note') insert into #temp (itemnum, firstname, notes) values (1, 'keith', 'some other note') insert into #temp (itemnum, firstname, notes) values (2, ...

Delete drop down list
I see instructions for creating drop down lists, but not for deleting them. I have a list that is no longer useful and would like to delete it from the worksheet (To clarify: I am talking about removing the list from the list of list names that appears when using the F3 key) Thank you -- MZ Select the range. From menu Data>Validation>Select 'Any value' OR If you dont have data in those cells from menu Edit>Clear>All -- Jacob "MZ" wrote: > I see instructions for creating drop down lists, but not for deleting them. I > have a l...

Adding User Name to footer
I have spreadsheets that go out to a number of users, and they make various changes and print out for themselves. The problems is that no-one knows which version to pick up from a central printer. Can I add the user name to the footer. I also have the path and file in the same area. I would like to end up with : User Name printed 'path/file' on 'date' ...

RMS User Question/Problem
Hello, I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it (for the first time) it asks me user ID and password, but have not yet established one, and is the first time I run the program! (Or is it comes with some standard user / default?) User ID: 1 Password: password Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. "F.Misle" <F.Misle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B29A28E5-315C-4A1A-9490-A497651736A0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it > (for the first...

user name and password not being retained in WindowsMail
I have Vista 32bit sp2, IE8 and WindowsMail. I had this problem on my XP/Outlook Express machine and found an answer, but can't find one for WindowsMail. Please note that I have had this set-up for several months and never incurred this problem. Even earlier today everything was working fine. It looks as if I can send messages, but when I click on send/receive button to receive messages I get a screen asking for my username and password. I have it set to remember in 'tools' 'accounts', but it isn't remembering it. Does anyone have a suggestion on how...

Outlook keeps deleting emails
subject says it all... about a week ago, i noticed that a week's worth of email had been deleted from my inbox, but all of the emails in the subfolders were all there. after resetting my views on the delete folder, i was able to see all of my missing emails and recover them all. then it happened again - several days worth of emails just go to the delete folder. it has happened several times now, and everytime the emails end up in the delete folder. some emails have been read, others were still unread. we are using exchange 2003 for our email server and my computer is ...

Transferring users from 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
I am trying to upgrade a 25-user 1.2 installation to a 10-user 3.0 setup. Only 7 of the 25 licenses are being used. When I run the setup, I receive the following message: There are not enough Microsoft CRM 3.0 licenses to include all the users from Microsoft CRM 1.2 in the upgrade. Please add enough licenses to cover all the active users or deactivate some users to match the number of licenses. As I said there are only seven active users, so there shouldn't be a problem. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem? Thanks. Berk; I've never seen the error, but p...

retrieving deleted items
If a user deleted a bunch of emails before quitting can I retrieve those without doing a restore? They aren't in her deleted items. if you have DIR configured on that mailbox store, you can recover them by selecting the deleted items folder, and selecting Tools, Recover deleted items from the menu in Outlook... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eW$YsTMOGHA.668@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > If a user deleted a bunch of emails before quitting can I retrieve those > without doing a restore? They aren'...

e2k3 sp2: Unknown user name or bad password error
We have an exchange cluster with two nodes that runs exchange 2003 SP2 on windows 2003 Sp1 ent. For security reasons recently I had to change the password for the account under which I installed exchange - the account is exchservice. Since then I get few of the following messages in the security log on the server - any idea how can I stop this? Event Type: Failure Audit Event Source: Security Event Category: Logon/Logoff Event ID: 529 Date: 09/10/2006 Time: 10:30:00 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: EMILYA Description: Logon Failure: Reason: Unknown user name or bad password Us...

Locate and delete specific cells
I need to locate all cells that have a specific value, then delete those cells and the cells to the immediate left of those with the specified value. Once the cells are deleted, I want to shift the remaining cells up. I have worksheets with names and values. The values are frequently "NA". I need to delete the values of NA and the name associated with that value, I then want to shift everything up so as to remove all the blanks. Right now I anm doing it manually, and I am sure there is an easier way of doing it. You can do that directly withour first deleteing the values, sele...