Any suggestions about why the rule only applies when I create a new Contact?

I've created a rule in Workflow Manager in the Entity Type List that
should be applied automatically on all Contacts for the Priority
field. It checks the Entity conditions, and performs automatic various
actions. The problem is that the rule is only being applied when a new
contact is create. I want it automatically do a forced change apply on
all current contact records once the rule is activated.

The rule is pretty simple, just a series of if statements, The problem
is that the rule is only being applied when a new contact record is
created.

In the even list what event should I use the:
1. Manual
2. Assign
3. Create
4. Change Status

Where might I get a list of definition of the following:
1. Manual
2. Assign
3. Create
4. Change Status

Any suggestions about why the rule only applies when I create a new
Contact?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-Rob Crossno

0
rob3603 (1)
10/21/2007 6:15:36 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Rob,

CRM workflow is working as designed. Workflow rules do NOT operate on all
records automatically. You have obviously created tge rule to be applied on
the Create event. if you want it to be applied to ALL records of that entity
type, then you should do an Advanced Find for all records, then select them
all, go to More Actions and select Apply rule, selecting your rule.

To learn more about workflow, take the CRM 3.0 Customization course, 8525A
or get 'Working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0' by Mike Snyder and Jim
Steger. It's published by Microsoft Press.

"rob@americanrampcompany.com" wrote:

> I've created a rule in Workflow Manager in the Entity Type List that
> should be applied automatically on all Contacts for the Priority
> field. It checks the Entity conditions, and performs automatic various
> actions. The problem is that the rule is only being applied when a new
> contact is create. I want it automatically do a forced change apply on
> all current contact records once the rule is activated.
>
> The rule is pretty simple, just a series of if statements, The problem
> is that the rule is only being applied when a new contact record is
> created.
>

> In the even list what event should I use the:
> 1. Manual
> 2. Assign
> 3. Create
> 4. Change Status
>
> Where might I get a list of definition of the following:
> 1. Manual
> 2. Assign
> 3. Create
> 4. Change Status
>

> Any suggestions about why the rule only applies when I create a new
> Contact?
>

> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> -Rob Crossno

SBS 2003 Applying Computer Settings
Hi There We have a really strange issue where by our SBS 2003 SP2 box after rebooting is sitting at the applying computer settings. We have restarted it several times but still got the same problem. The users are able to connect to shares etc and it seems to be functioning correctly. There are no odd events being generated in the logs to suggest a problem. When you try and connect to the server using RDC it allows you to log on but sits at Loading Personal settings. We came across a Microsoft KB re APC UPS's but this isn't applicable in our case. We are able to connect ...

Cannot Add Contacts
Hi I've had this problem for several months and am in desperate need of a solution. Whenever I try to add a contact it tells me the service is unavaliable and does not add the contact. People have the same error when trying to add my e-mail. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Contacts created in public folders
Hello, Is there a possibility to make contacts that have been created by a user under a Public Folder to appear in the Global address list? Regards, Sol Sol wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a possibility to make contacts that have been created by a > user under a Public Folder to appear in the Global address list? > > Regards, > > Sol No - only AD contacts (and other mail-enabled AD objects) will show up there. You can let users use the PF as an address book, though - have them right-click on it, go to properties, Outlook Address Book tab, and tick the box. ...

Create new Sharing Calendar
Hello group, I use MS Outlook with MS Exchange. How create new Calendar (eg. ConferrenceRoomCalendar) and sharing this calendar for selected (all) users? I don't want sharing my Calendar. Thx PawelR Create a new mailbox. See = http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/skedresource.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "PawelR" <pawelratajczak@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message = news:d6f7uv$esj$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl.....

Email and Contact
2 small questions i've got a folder full of emails with different senders i want to track on a CRM Account how should i do that? what i also would like is that when i recieve an (new)email from a contact known in CRM that ik automatically will be tracked in CRM ? thanks for your information Hello Capman, You do not need to install the Exchange Server router component to send email via SMTP. However without the router component we will be unable to track incoming email messages automatically. When you install the router componet we must also setup a dedicated Exchange mail bo...

Form will not display a new record
I am having a problem with one of my forms: I have 3 forms, each has an underlying table: Security (Main form), Visitors and Vehicle Registration. The Visitor form is a subform on the Security form. Vehicle Registration opens by a command button on the Security form. The primary key is the Space No. on the Security table. The primary key is the Autonumber on both the Visitor and Vehicle Registration table. The Visitor table and Vehicle Registration table are linked to the Security table by the space no. The Visitors form and underlying table work properly. The Vehicle Registration form i...

Suggestions for anti spam solutions
I am running Exchange 2003 with only 250 mailboxes. We are using symantec anti virus server and Exchange Anti Virus. Are there any suggestions on anti spam solutions and why? We are using using Free Microsoft solution but without satisfactory results. On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:17:33 -0800, Owen@7 <Owen7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running Exchange 2003 with only 250 mailboxes. >We are using symantec anti virus server and Exchange Anti Virus. >Are there any suggestions on anti spam solutions and why? > >We are using using Free Microsoft solution but without sat...

Problem creating contract in MS CRM 3
Hi, For the development for a customer a connection must be made between an administration program and MS CRM 3. >From the administration program I receive xml that I can easily parse. >From that XML I have to create accounts, resellers (new entity I created), contracts and contractdetails. Creating the accounts and resellers works well. I used DynamicEntity for this, because I declare the mapping of the fields in a seperate XML file. When I try to create contracts, I receive the following Exception: {System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ...

Exchange 2003 public contact folder
I have Exchange 2003 running on my network and the users have expressed interest in having one main contact list they can all access and add contacts to. Is there a step by step out there that will show how to do this. If so, please advise. I believe this can be done through public folders. Note, will this public contact list still have the functionality of other contact folders? ie: they will be able to send an email by clicking on the contact. ...

"Contacts Failed To Load" Error messages in Live Mail
Hello, I've recently been trying to download and install Windows Live Mail. That part was easy, however, upon opening the program, I receive error messages. The first one says, "Sorry, something unexpected happened and Windows Live Mail must close, your most recent changes may not be saved." Then another error box is displayed stating, "Contacts failed to load. Windows Live Mail is incorrectly configured, please re-install." I've uninstalled and reinstalled this program several times, but still not sure why I am receiving these errors. I did ed...

Suggestion: RMS New Customer Issue
RMS (any version) When the 'Find Customer' form first comes up, the cursor is in the right place and simply typing and hitting <ENTER> brings up a list. If you can find the customer in the list, you can simply select them by using the arrow keys (or mouse) and hit <ENTER> to set the customer for the new transaction. If the customer is not in the database and a new customer is required, RMS falls flat on its face. SUGGESTION: If a New customer is generated at POS, that customer should AT LEAST become the selected customer in the Find Customer form when you click O...

New security feature(?) with an automatic mailing
I have recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 and have discovered a problem with another program I run I have been running an Excel macro that is set up to run completely automatically daily. It opens and closes by itself using the scheduler option in Windows, since I am not always at my computer during the time it needs to run. Basically, it creates a file, saves it, and e-mails it to my boss. The problem I'm now having is that in the middle of running, an error message from Outlook pops up telling me an outside program is requesting access to my Address Book, and do I wish to allow this? ...

How can I force a new page at the end of the Report Header
I have a report that goes to 15 pages. I want to be able to print the Report Header (and only the Report Header) on the first page, and then start new page to print the page header with the detail of the report. How can I force a new page at the end of the Report Header ? � thanks Albert ...

Pivot Table
Hello, We have a report that is based on a pivot table that is linked to a MS Access database. This database is located in a drive in our network drvie that stopped working. We do have a backup of the database but will restore it in some other location. Is there a less painful way to point the pivot table source database to another database than to recreate them? Thank you in advance. Brigham Hi Brig Right click on the PT and select Wizard>Back>Enter source of new data>Finish>Refresh -- Regards Roger Govier "Brig Siton" <bsitonno@spamoptonline.net&...

Cannot Import Outlook Contacts through CRM 3.0 Web Client
All, I have installed CRM 3.0 to a single server: Win2003 SP1 / SQL 2005 / CRM 3.0. When I follow the instructions to import my Outlook contacts through the CRM web client, I see that I am missing the "Import" menu option from the Tools menu. What may have missed here that has rendered this component unavailable? My workplace contains only articles reports and announcements Kind Regards, Pete Zerger MCSE(Messaging) mail:pete.zerger@nospam.gmail.com BLOG:http://www.it-jedi.net/ Hi Pete; Your user is likley in 'restricted mode'. Click Settings-->Business Uni...

Shared Contacts Info
Hi there, We just recently stopped using Exchange 5.5 Server, thus resulting in removing Exchange accounts on all our client machines. We were experiencing a problem with Exchange confusing external emails with internal email addresses (Exchange resolving incorrectly). That is not the point of my post. We will be replacing the Exchange server with Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003. We've already decided on that move, however in the mean time temporarily I was looking for a short term solution to allow shared contact information or some sort of shared database. Our client machines...

runtime error 91 when creating FRx report in Great Plains
Not sure I'm in the right newsgroup, but couldn't find one more appropriate. I have an XP user using MS FRx and Great Plains. When she goes to create a report, the creation process seems to proceed normally, but then the report comes up blank. If she tries to print it to see what happens she gets a runtime error 91. I'm new to GP and FRx, and it doesn't look like MS provides any free assistance, so any help would be appreciated. repost to microsoft.public.greatplains Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tu...

Outlook 2007 Rule for using GAL
Question: I'm trying to write a rule that will move all mail EXCEPT for mail from someone in the GAL (Global Address List) to a folder. I have tried the "sent from someone in address book" but it looks like the GAL is not supported, only local contact folders. Another solution might be to write a rule that moves all mail except from sender's with our domain in the address (i.e. abc.com). However, this does not seem to work since the rule appears to run on the display name, not the SMTP address in the background. Anyone written a similar rule that works? Thanks in advanc...

Creating directory tree.
Is there a function to create a directory tree? I want to pass in a disk and directory path and be assured that the function will create, as needed, any directory along the path. This is my version of creating a complete path: void CXXX::CreateDirectory(CString DirectoryPath) { //DirectoryPath contains the complete path eg: "c:\\test\\mydirectory\\" ///* directory creation int end=DirectoryPath.GetLength(); int nextchar=0; CString NewDirName=""; char currentChar[2]; for(nextchar=0;nextchar<end;nextchar++) { NewDirName.Insert(NewDirName.GetLength(),DirectoryPat...

Option to prevent users creating other than User ID based Smartlis
On a site with a large user count it is necessary to control the number of "global" smartlist favourites that can be created/saved. A tick box on the user maintenance window to nominate that the user can only save favourites for their user id - this user would have the favourites field "Visible To" locked with the value "User ID". This would greatly assist in managing the number of smartlist favourites people will see and need to navigate through. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the m...

Problem on Outlook 2000 send email using contact
Some of my contacts had more then one email address. Any method I can send my email to all three email address on one contact person? Thanks a lot, Amon ...

3 issues
I have 3 issues: 1. I want to change the location of the data file. I tried moving the data file to where I want it and then openned Outlook and it said it couldn't find the file but did not give me the option to browse to its new location.How do I change the location of the PST data file? 2. Two identical "Personal Folders - Bill" show up at the ;eft side of the screen under All Mail folders - How can I delete one? 3. When I open the address book when sending an email it opens to a contacts folder which has nothing in it - I keep going and under Personal Address book...

Moving outlook data to a new computer
Hi, just bought a new computer adn need to figure out how to move my Outlook datat files from the old computer to the new one in the effortless manner. First of all I need to know what the data files aer called, i.e. what there extensions are and where they are located. Also are there more than one data file is tthere just one big one? Im am thinking I can find the one file and just move it to the new computer and that will be that. is that accurate thiniing. Alsom, there is the export/import option..is that a better way to do this. Help!!! brian Look at the following two art...

Mail Merging to more than 100 Contact/Leads
Though infrequently, my department must send out emails to an entire region of prospects/customers/contacts. Querying the database for records that meet my criteria will return a list of contacts that total over 1100. To perform my task, an Advanced Find using the Outlook Connector and selecting the Mail Merge option is the most efficient means. The only downfall is that the query only returns 100 records at a time; thus multiplying my task at least 10 times. Is there a way to increase the maximum value found in the "Tools>Options>Records Per Page" dropdown? -- Tho...

User cannot see Check Name icon on new message form
Users cannot see Check Name icon on the create a new message form. OWA running on Exchange 5.5. Does anyone know how to activate this. ...