An error accurs while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM

Dear all,
i have a problem in uploading the report in CRM 3.0
I had already 'full' reinstall  CRM, but the error still occurs.
I also cannot create a new categories of reports. When i click 'OK' it
cannot appears in the categories list!!
Here is the error message.
"Error Uploading report!
An error accurs while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM.
Try adding the report again, if this problem continues, contact your system
administrator"

I use Win2003 Server Standard Edition with SQL 2000 Server, develope with
Visual Studio 2003 and SQL Reporting Services.
I also try to upload CRM standard reports, e.g. User Summary. but i still
can't upload it with the same error. Oh ya, I use Active Directory on the
different box.

Any advices??
Do i need to format dan reinstall the OS??

Thanks,
I really appreciate it

Best Regards,

Suri
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The same problem. Details of error:

to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Rock
2/3/2006 12:22:13 PM
Are you using a shared data source?  I have found that CRM will throw an
error with the shared data source.

The solution is to remove the shared data source - develop with an internal
one then after you deploy the report through CRM you can go to the SRS
Report Manager and change that report to use a shared data source.

"Suri Phen" <SuriPhen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
> i have a problem in uploading the report in CRM 3.0
> I had already 'full' reinstall  CRM, but the error still occurs.
> I also cannot create a new categories of reports. When i click 'OK' it
> cannot appears in the categories list!!
> Here is the error message.
> "Error Uploading report!
> An error accurs while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM.
> Try adding the report again, if this problem continues, contact your
> system
> administrator"
>
> I use Win2003 Server Standard Edition with SQL 2000 Server, develope with
> Visual Studio 2003 and SQL Reporting Services.
> I also try to upload CRM standard reports, e.g. User Summary. but i still
> can't upload it with the same error. Oh ya, I use Active Directory on the
> different box.
>
> Any advices??
> Do i need to format dan reinstall the OS??
>
> Thanks,
> I really appreciate it
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Suri

0
Joe
2/3/2006 5:03:20 PM
have you added sub reports that are expecting parameters?

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

"Rock" <no@list.ru> wrote in message
> The same problem. Details of error:
>
> Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set
> to an instance of an object.
>
> Source Error:

> web
> request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception
> can

John
2/4/2006 2:40:12 AM
WOW, THanks, Joe.
You are my savior...
You are my hero... :)

I have found that is my problem.
Just change it, not using data shared anymore, re-uploading the reports
and...
BRAVO... It works!!
Thanks, you have just released the pressure... :)

God bless you.

Best Regards,
Suri Phen

"Joe L" wrote:

> Are you using a shared data source?  I have found that CRM will throw an
> error with the shared data source.
>
> The solution is to remove the shared data source - develop with an internal
> one then after you deploy the report through CRM you can go to the SRS
> Report Manager and change that report to use a shared data source.
>

> "Suri Phen" <SuriPhen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dear all,
> > i have a problem in uploading the report in CRM 3.0
> > I had already 'full' reinstall  CRM, but the error still occurs.
> > I also cannot create a new categories of reports. When i click 'OK' it
> > cannot appears in the categories list!!
> > Here is the error message.
> > "Error Uploading report!
> > An error accurs while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM.
> > Try adding the report again, if this problem continues, contact your
> > system
> > administrator"
> >
> > I use Win2003 Server Standard Edition with SQL 2000 Server, develope with
> > Visual Studio 2003 and SQL Reporting Services.
> > I also try to upload CRM standard reports, e.g. User Summary. but i still
> > can't upload it with the same error. Oh ya, I use Active Directory on the
> > different box.
> >
> > Any advices??
> > Do i need to format dan reinstall the OS??
> >
> > Thanks,
> > I really appreciate it
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Suri

Error:An unexpected end of file parsing CDATA has occurred.
I am creating a XML document which opens fine in IE. Implies MSXML thinks it is a well formed document. But when I try to load this document in VB.net using the following code Dim doc As New XmlDocument doc.Load("C:\Projects\SQLXML\corc.xml") I get the following error: "System.Xml.XmlException: An unexpected end of file parsing CDATA has occurred. Line 6, position 1. at System.Xml.XmlScanner.ScanCData() at System.Xml.XmlScanner.ScanMarkup() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseTag() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseBeginTagExpandCharEntities() at System.Xml.XmlTextR...

Reconciliation Report #3
I am anxious about switching from Quicken to Money 2003 (or 2004); however, I need one crucial report before I can do this. I've tried the 60 day trial of Money but I cannot find a reconciliation report. You see, after Quicken 2002 and above reconcile, they offer a complete report of all reconciled data and unreconciled data after (plus summaries). Is there a way to generate something like this in Money? Thank you, Roberto S. Matthews 5911 Forest Isle Dr. Apt 278 New Orleans, LA 70131 504-259-2934 rsmatth@hotmail.com In microsoft.public.money, Roberto S. Matthews wrote: >...

Excel version of Received not invoice Report
Hi all I was wondering if there is an excel version of the received not invoiced report out there. The report writer version even though it is very complete can't be used for calculations. I have tried the smartlist that comes along but the smartlist doesn't display landed cost that have not been matched to a shipment which is what I'm actually trying to figure out. Thanks In version 10, go to SmartList >> Purchasing >> Receivings Line Items and you will see a favorite called Shipments Received But Not Invoiced. -- Charles Allen, MVP "d_chahin"...

Impossible to display crystal reports through a WAN
Hi everyone, I have a problem to display MSCRM reports through a WAN (with a public IP adress). I get the message : "connexion error. you don't have enough crystal licenses". I don't have any error message on a LAn or through a VPN client. Thank you thus may be happening because the external FQDN for the crm web server is not being passed through correctly. To resolve this issue, add an entry to the Hosts file on the Microsoft CRM server for the Microsoft CRM server's IP address and fully qualified domain name. Then, restart the Crystal services. the fqdn would be ...

Can't add users in the distributio group
I manage one forest with 2 domains. The exchange is in domain abc.local in forest abc and domain ggg.local is in China in the same forest abc. Users in ggg.local can't be added to the distribution group in abc.local domain. I select the right domain but it can't find Contacts or Other Objects. When I am adding users from abc.local domain, I can see Users, Groups and Other objects. What is wrong here? I ran DOMAINPREP on the ggg.local domain and created RUS in for that domain. Can I create a distribution group in the ggg.local domain? Will it show in outlook? Also, newly created ...

Error Message: GPS Error 58, SQL Error 102, ODBC Error 37000
Posted this on Dynamics Forums too. I think I have this narrowed down to a Smartlist Error. When a user logs out of one company into another, she gets 3 errors. GPS Error: 58 (clicks ok) SQL Error: 102 ..... incorect Syntax Near ',' (clicks ok) ODBC Error: 37000 (clicks ok) Then is able to proceed to work with no problems I think it has something to do with a Smartlist Reminder or Shortcut or something like that. It only happens to her UserID. The problem is that we have over 100 users and 100 companies and everyone seems to make Smartlist favorites and set them available ...

Error 8108 #3
Source: MSADC Category: Service Controller Event ID: 8108 Description: The initialization process failed. This error is running every 5 minutes on our DC. Anyone have any ideas? I checked TechNet article Q317210 and it didn't pertain at all to our situation. We have no child domains, we're running in AD mixed mode, and all of our Exchange servers are enterprise edition, not standard as mentioned in the article. Hi Jim, Is there Exchange 5.5 or ADC running in your org? This error event may caused by ADC replication. So please temporarily step ADC and then check the issue again....

How to Build an Excel-Report ?
Hi, I am Martin from Hamburg and wonder how I can create an Excel-Report. I want to create an Bingo-Card Generator in Excel. Thought and Done, but only the functions of generating the bingo-values by randome and deleting field by random depending on the system variables like number of players etc. So, I have build up one Excel-Worksheet with the right values. In each cloumn are the whole values for one bingo-card. Now, I wonder how to print them. But I cannot find any Report function like in Access. May anyone can help me, how do I get my generated values in an printable report format...

how do i add figures exactly, do not round up.
My figures are calculated to 2 decimal places but when I add them up they add up to more as the figure has been rounded up. I want to send this spreadsheet to Customs and Excise so it must be correct Add the pre-rounded numbers, and then round them to 2 places. -- HTH Bob Phillips "hitch" <hitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EE0678B-8D3E-4EBF-B6ED-4AD07ABE7EAA@microsoft.com... > My figures are calculated to 2 decimal places but when I add them up they add > up to more as the figure has been rounded up. I want to send this spreadsheet > to Cu...

How do I add/subtract hours and minutes when some values exceed 2.
I am trying to set up a spread sheet whereby I can input a value relating to hours and minutes (this value will be over 24 hours), and then other values in hours and minutes (all under 24 hours) which I need to subtract. I'm struggling to input a 'time' value which exceeds 24 hours. Can anyone help? Hi Try formatting the cell as [hh]:mm -- Andy. "lhasalass" <lhasalass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D00E00AC-14A0-4F7A-A324-0BA8D790D5CB@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up a spread sheet whereby I can input a value relating >to &...

CRM Contact Sync
If another user creates a CRM Contact using Outlook CRM and I can see that contact in "Active Contacts" using the web client, why won't that contact download into my outlook CRM when I synchronize? ...

Error
I want run some SQL-script by SqlCmd.exe . In Cmd.exe I ran this command: /------------------------------------8<----------------------------------\ C:\Documents and Settings\dakr\Desktop>"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\SQLCMD.EXE" -S Server1 -i "C:\Temp\Test.Sql" -o "C:\Temp\SqlCmd.rpt" \------------------------------------8<----------------------------------/ But after that there is only next error message: The syntax of the command is incorrect. If I delete the last part (-o "C:\Temp\SqlCmd.rpt") all is...

Error c0070005 when trying to run Exchange System Manager
Hi Keep getting the c0070005 Exchange System Manager error message when I try to open System Manager, as a reslult I can't manage anything. Can anyone please help? Thanks Is this is? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q32391 -- thogar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- thogarr's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=185 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187051570 Thanks for the post, but I tried that and it still doesn't work Piet "thogarr" wrote: > > Is this is? > http:...

Linking Child/Master on Report
I have a query that my main report is based upon and then I have inserted a graph which runs off of a query. However, I want the graph to change based upon the LastName field but it won't allow me to do that. I keep getting the following dialog box when I try to link child to master: "Can't build a link between unbound forms." Even if I put in "LastName" for the child and Master links, the report then comes out blank. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong or am missing in my report? ...

Error when migrating data from csv file to crm 3 using scribe
I have been trying to migrate data from a .csv file into MS CRM 3 using scribe. When I test the job after doing my connecting and datalinks it executes properly, however, when I run the job it only does on average 12 successful inserts and 11 failed inserts then gives me an error. The error is :"fatal error. Execution terminated - failuere fetching source rows" when I click on the error info button I get a database error " Error 1005. [22018] SQL call failed. Invalid character value" the details of the message :"source[DataDirect][ODBC Driver]" Could someone...

Trying to alter the order of my legend in a report
Please someone explain to me how I can alter the order of the items in my legend in a report. It currently goes in alphabetical order, but I would like it to be ordered by biggest piece of the pie on the chart/number. Thanks Could you not use a translation table that has two fields - the text and a number - with the number order that which you want the text. Then in your query join on the text fields and sort on the number but not display. -- Build a little, test a little. "Rich" wrote: > Please someone explain to me how I can alter the order of the items i...

Fill out report based on rank from query
I have a query: SELECT a.workorderNum, a.workorderName, a.workorderMaterial, a.workorderSerialNum, a.workorderComponent, a.ProductName, a.Discrepancy, a.dateDisc, a.qualCNumber, a.qualFName, a.qualLName, a.qualRole, (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM qryDiscrepancies AS b WHERE b.workorderNum=a.workorderNum AND b.discID <= a.discID) AS discrepancyNum, a.discID FROM qryDiscrepancies AS a GROUP BY a.workorderNum, a.workorderName, a.workorderMaterial, a.workorderSerialNum, a.workorderComponent, a.ProductName, a.Discrepancy, a.dateDisc, a.qualCNumber, a.qualFName, a.qualLName, a.qualRole, a.dis...

Error when trying to add entity in admin interface
Anyone experiencing this issue? I am able to bring up both the mobile client and the administration interface. However, when i am in the administration interface and I am trying to add an entity, and I get the following error: Server Error in '/MobileClient' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The operation has timed out Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. E...

Microsoft Word Error
Does any body knows how to fix this? I tried Google and Microsoft KB, but can't find anything. When I try to write a document in Word, after I write a few lines, I get this message: Run Time Error Program: C/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office 10/Windword.exe Abnormal Program Termination Then there is an X to click out. When I click it all my document is deleted The problem started about 2 weeks ago. Windows XP/SP3, IE7, AOL 9.0 Security Edition. AVG Free 9.0 Thanks, -- edith See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm for some diagnos...

Getting email on Microsoft Outlook
I would like to know how to switch my email over to Microsoft outlook 2003 from Outlook Express. I have tried and it won't change. Go to Internet Explorer, Tools | Internet Options | Programs and set the e-mail program there. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Karen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:036c01c3a49a$1ea4c6e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I would like...

Intervoice IVR integrated with Microsoft CRM
I need help learning how Intervoice IVR (Interactive Voice Response) can be integrated with Microsoft CRM. Anybody have experience with this? ...

Help! error Masked Edit Control In GroupBox?
In VC6.0, I created a dialog template and added two Microsoft masked edit control 6.0, they worked well. Then I added a groupbox around these two controls and resorted the controls' order, the two masked edit controls doesnot display correctly, neither in testing nor after being compiled. In the other test, I set the groupbox to invisible, the Maksed edit control works well, But I need this groupbox to be visible. I can't find any useful message in Internet. Dose anyone know why? Daniels He 20050618 >In VC6.0, I created a dialog template and added two Microsoft masked edit...

Unable to see updated values in CRM
I added some new values to a form and saved it but they don't show up in CRM. I'm probably missing a simple step and need to know what that step is. Any help is appreciated. ...

Groupmail and Microsoft CRM
I would like to integrate Groupmail tool I use with MIcrosoft CRM. WHy? Our mass mailings are html based(so they generally link to graphics, charts and graphs) and we we deliver to 1000 + clients on a weekly basis. Is this functionality available in CRM without utilizing Groupmail. Ideally, I would like to be able to continue using Groupmail and then somehow track the delivery of certain marketing material. ...

HELP - Dilemma with CRM 3.0 Mobile
According to the CRM 3.0 Mobile documentation, for CRM servers connected to the Internet, you can either configure it using (1) Microsoft's 'perimieter network' settings, or use (2) their 'other perimeter network' settings. The first scenario doesn't apply since we don't use ISA Server. The second doesn't apply either since we don't use 2 firewalls, just one. Our scenario consists of dedicated DC, Exchange, CRM/SQL, and file servers. Our firewall manages 2 external IP's, one which is routed via NAT to Exchange (http://exchange.domain.com), and th...