Am planning my first installation of MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 Workgroup Server and got a few questions

Here is what I got in my environment........

SBS 2003 Premium Server SP1
ISA 2004 SP3
WSS 3.0 (side by side install with WSS 2.0 companyweb)
Web Interface for SharePoint Server 2007

Windows 2003 SP2 Standard member server
Presentation Server 4.5
Web Interface 4.6

Considering I've never installed CRM and do not have available resources to
do a trial run I'm looking for those of you who have and your opinions and
suggestions. I'm opening myself up for any and all suggestions as well as
criticism (be easy though) o please feel free to take your best shot. I know
this is risky but have no other options right now.

I need to install MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 Workgroup Server on my Windows 2003
SP2 Standard member server. I have a hardware concern here. Currently I have
2 RAID arrays on my controller.

Channel 0 = 2x18 GB 15k RPM SCSI RAID1 (mirrored) for my OS only and
programs that need to be installed there.
Channel 1 = 7x73 GB 15K RPM SCSI RAID5 (striped set w/hot spare) for all
other program and data.

My C: drive is running low on disk space and I've cleared all I could to
recover about 2.6 GB of free space. I also need to install MS SharePoint
Server 2007 on this server also. I know I can install the programs to my D:
drive volume as well as the SQL databases which I plan on using the built in
SQL Express version. My concern is for my C: drive and the files that will
get installed into my Windows directory fro both these programs. As stated
above only 2.6 GB free space and that equals about 12% free which is already
under industry recommended standards.

So if anyone can provide any feedback and input, good or bad please I want
to hear all. Thanks to all.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Freeze Excel Spreadsheet till template open first then spreadsheet
Hi, When I export the data from Access 2002 to excel spreadsheet after select excel templates. I couldn't open the spreadsheet until i open the template and then closed the template. I open the spreadsheet where i get the data from Access 2002. It works. Here is the area that I have trouble with. 'Hide warnings on the spreadsheet ExcellApplication.DisplayAlerts = False 'Save the workbook ExcellApplication.ActiveWorkbook.Save 'Turn spreadsheet warnings back on ExcellApplication.DisplayAlerts = True 'Make it visible ExcellApplication.V...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Dynamic Xml editor
Hi, I am writing a user control that will help a user that know (almost) nothing about Xml to build a Xml file based on a Xsd schema that is given to the user control. The idea is to have a treeview on the left and a property grid on the right. The treeview is loaded with the root elements from the schema. When the user right click on a node, a context menu allow him to add subnodes if schema allow it. This way, the user can create items, attributes, ... The property grid is filled by the user with data. At the end, the Xml file is generated and validated. My problem is about the design....

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

number rounding in MS Excel

Vlookup returns "0"

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

asap utilities question
I have Msft. Excel Vsn 2002 and latest vsn. of ASAP Utilities. I used ASAP Utilities to merge single rows of data together so that more than one row will fit on a single line of text. My question now, is, is it possible using ASAP Utilities to separate the data that has been merged back into single rows of data? All information welcomed! Aaron ...

Isinteg Warning Message Question

Relay Servers?

Microsoft Exchange Server

Dotfuscator question
Hello Everybody !!! When i create programm using C# i must understand that my programm from exe - module can be converted to the source file by Reflector. In Order do not allow do this i must use dotfuscator, but i did not find any free normal dotfuscator. May be someone tell me what can i do cause now as think we have interesting paradox. We 've got free technology but if we want to protect our products we must buy expensive commercial dotfuscators. Alex Dmitriev You should post this message in a newsgroup which discusses managed code. This newsgroup does not have much managed traff...

wanted to design a 4 sided A5 leaflet.
Are there any templates available to download? There are pre-designed leaflets within Publisher. You might think about 4-sided... Do you mean a booklet fold? There are templates here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mystic" <Mystic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C3F9CB-5AA9-4B17-9E8E-1E5DD93227CD@microsoft.com... > Are there any templates available to download? ...

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

OE questions
Ok, I have two questions: 1. With Thunderbird I can use this with a hotkey manager to compose a new message with Tbird "D:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird \thunderbird.exe -compose" -- how can I do the same for Outlook Express and Outlook 2003? 2. When I go to load Outlook Express I get this error message, followed by the error message below it: http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x296/gwar_1/Untitled-3.png how can I fix this and use Outlook Express? Thanks! posted to the outlookexpress newsgroup via crosspost --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Re...

attachment previewers not installed?

question about Time