Allow Defaults for Tools - Options to be Set for all Users

Would like to have the ability to set the defaults for the Tools - Options
window for all CRM users and/or groups of users.  Settings include Default
Pane, Default Tab, Records Per Page, and Time Zone.
--
Thanks,
Justin

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=87cbc270-cb0f-46a1-b8fb-c2ec6add7819&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

how do i set up my http email acount
how do i set up my http email acount i use gmail. when it says enter url and after it says server did not under stand. If u have an answer please email me at Hamzamasood45@hotmail.com "hamza" <hamza @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0DF4497-FBDC-4B1E-9D3E-FEB5B10E2512@microsoft.com... > how do i set up my http email acount i use gmail. when it says enter url > and > after it says server did not under stand. If u have an answer please email > me > at Hamzamasood45@hotmail.com You don't access gmail through http in Outlook. You access i...

How do I revert back to default setting.
How do I revert back to default setting. Under "Tools->Options" I have made some changes, but don't have the track of the changes. Now I want to revert back to original setting. Could I do that ? How do I do that ? Thanks KS -- ks2008 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ks2008's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/106957.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1290393.htm http://forums.techarena.in Hello KS, The steps below outline a *very* drastic process and will resu...

scroll in subform where subform is default view
I'm interested in being able to scroll using the mouse in a subform when the subform is set to single-form-view (and not continous view). Is this possible? If you need an example get this example http://peecee.dk/uploads/012008/test.mdb Thanks for any suggestions. / Jesper ...

Adding the "QUARTER" option to your calendar
I have Microsoft Office Professioanl 2003 and it had the quarterly option in my calendar along with daily, weekly, monthly & yearly. As I was veiwing 2007 for Small Business calendar, the "quarterly" option is not available. How do I turn on the quarterly option fro 2007? "Recurrence" "every 3 months" -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, linkswords asked: ...

adding another options into field in the workflow manager
hi.. I would like to design a workflow to assign an activity to manager if the case is not finished within three days since the statuscode turns into "In progress". I have the idea of solving this problems, which add an option into the field in the design screen of Time Based Time. does anyone got the idea how to change the property.. Add a statement to your workflow that points to a manual rule that says wait 3 days if status = In Progress then assign to owner's manager. Also create an Update rule for cases, that changes the Status field from In Progress to something el...

SQL Code to set Barcode?
Hello Again, The last SQL code I got (thanks again) worked so well.....the new matrix in 2.0 is interesting; great in many ways, but now the "New Item Wizard" for matrix items does not set barcodes for the individual items, even if it is set on the first screen. Is there a SQL code to set barcodes for all items in our database, both existing and future? Please tell me there is, because otherwise we will be spending a lot of time adding it in..... Thanks, Kat HI Kat, If I am not forgetting last time I given the code for this anyhow again take it may be someone else: This is d...

Tool or utility like Header.exe for Exchange 2003
I need to dump some data from Exchange 2003 Groups/DL's which I used to do with the Header.exe tool in Exchange 5.5. Is there a replacement for this tool? What I need to dump is the list of users that have permissions to send to certain restricted Groups/DLs, and, that column doesn't appear to be available in AD Users and Computers. Thanks. CSVDE and/or LDIFDE. These are Directory export tools that allow you to specify the objects to export and specify limiters, etc. They are built in to Windows and are run from a command prompt. I typically find CSVDE easier to use as i...

Inbox Repair Tool #11
I have had to recently rebuild my pc running Win ME and Outlook 2000. Some folders that I saved as .pst have corrupted when I try to load them back into personal folders, and Outlook suggests closing all mail programmes and then using the Inbox Repair Tool. I can't find it to use it to repair the folders Ron Inbox Repair Tool = scanpst.exe. Location tends to vary based on language, but a search for the file in Windows Explorer should flush it out. "Ron" <ron_uk@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message news:O3mxB2cLEHA.268@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have had to recently rebu...

Default Price Level
How do I set the price level C as a default price (for example) in the POS without setting up a customer whenever a cashier is scanning an item ? Manager|Database|Registers|Properties|General Tab|Default price level Rick Brown DataBasics "GregDxb" <GregDxb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88E135CC-49DB-49D7-875A-72246E70E149@microsoft.com... > How do I set the price level C as a default price (for example) in the POS > without setting up a customer whenever a cashier is scanning an item ? Thanks Rick... To make it work , one more configuration sh...

As user by default when opening office 2003 document....
Hi, I work in an environment to where their are many different people who use the same machine to edit the same office document. Our documents are stored on the server and although only one user can edit a document at a time if two people make edits on the same computer their edits show up as the same person. Is their a way to set up Office 2003 or at least word to always ask for a user name when opening a document? That way multiple people can edit one document one after the other on one computer without having to log out and log back in of windows. The usual assumption is ...

Default font for forms
How do I change the default font when designing a form? It defaults to Tahoma and I don't want it to. As far as I know you cannot create a new default font for all controls at once. However, you can change the default font (and alignment, etc.) for each type of control. Open the toolbox, click the icon for the control, and click the Properties icon on the toolbar (or click View > Properties from the menu). Make the desired changes to font, etc. The changes will apply to new controls. You will need to make similar changes for other controls. "Rod" <Rod@discussio...

Default Email Client #4
How do I make Outlook my default email client? Internet Options/Programs tab Stop using whatever you were using <mrpierce@optusnet.net.au.nospam> wrote in message news:79ic215rfu9ill435ntc8r452d3obifa7v@4ax.com... > How do I make Outlook my default email client? ...

Using Outlook 2003 As Default Mail Client #2
After installing Outlook 2003 on top of Outlook 2002 on an WXP Home machine, I can't get Outlook to work as the default mail client. It does work properly if you type mailto: in the run box, but it doesn't work from IE or any other applications. I have set it as the default mail client. I have changed it to Outlook Express and back again. I have set it as default when Outlook opens and asks to be made the default. The error message is: a small window opens with a yellow caution sign saying, "Micosoft Outlook "Not Implemented". Any help would be appreciated. Thank...

Migration
Problem : After the migration, a user X with outlook can access to their mailbox X but the user Y can't access to mailbox X. The users rights are losed. I migrated Windows and Exchange 2000 to Windows and Exchange 2003 (Creating of a new windows Intranet 2003 with a new servers, new forest and new domain) Before the migration the mailbox X (or agenda) was shared. A user Y could access to mailbox X. The migration - ADMT - wizard Exchange Migration - wizard Clean Active directory After the migration, on the new network Windows 2003 a user X with outlook can access to their mailbox ...

Allow us to set display order of child entities at side nav bar
Currently we are not able to set the order of display of child custom entities on the side navigation bar of the parent entity form. The future version of MSCRM should allow user to set the order of display of these custom entities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the m...

Default template for a group
I have read the MS Help & many of the posts here about default templates. Everytime I think I've found the missing link, I find that what I'm trying still doesn't work. I have a template file containing macros, custom styles & toolbars. I want to make this the default template for all the users in our Group. I have put it in a network folder & referenced the folder in "at startup, open all files in" at each computer. Some of the computers open it by default; others don't. What do I need to do? -- - markvi ...

How to restore access to user
Hi everyone, Basically A user was moved to a new business unit. Then we tried to add his roles back through AD and since then the user gets the access denied error message when trying to login. I am running a security descriptor repair tool that I got from microsoft crm support. After this is done will the user be able to login or do i need to recreate his roles in crm. thanks for the help Mark Mark, You should never, ever, ever, modify CRM related items directly in AD. The app puts information in botht he database and in AD when t makes changes. The security descriptor fix will not...

remote user to access server
I have a remote client who needs to access files on the server. To be honest, I don=92t really know how to set this up. Can anyone make any suggestions on how to get this done. I want it to be as simple as possible for them, and as secure as possible for me. Thoughts Give user permission to vpn to server. Give permission to access necessary files. Map folder on remote computer to open needed folder This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0058_01CB43AD.F32BAC80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: qu...

display set of records in a form with previous and next button
In a worksheet around 500 records are there -Employee number,employee name, Joining date I need to display 5 records on the form depending on the date criteria. Let's say Joining date from 1st jan 05 to 30th Jan 05. There are 25 records satisfying this criteria and need to dispaly in 5 records at a time on the form. Once I click on the next button it should show next 5records satisfying this criteria, Same sa if i click on the previous button it should display the previous 5 records which satisfying this criteria. I have created 20 textboxes on the form like Sr EMP# ...

See users in SOP Batches
As the IT guy at my company, I am constantly getting request from Operations to see who is in a particular order or invoice when they are trying to invoice the order. I would like to have a quick window show the SY00800 table that shows the users in the system and which batch they are in. This way the operations department can view who is keeping them from posting an invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If ...

Access to RSS Tool
Is there a tool out there that will convert an Access database into a RSS XML feed? I know I can setup a database with the correct RSS fields and then convert to XML, but it would be nice to have a tool that would do the proper conversions. -- Brandon http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

User name and password 06-08-10
I can send emails but not receive they are asking me for my user name and password which I have never needed before. Account: 'Work', Server: 'customermail1.easily.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Authentication failed.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 Can anybody help me as very frustrated. Many thanks I have the same problem, have you found a solution? "Sophie" wrote: > I can send emails but not receive they are asking me for my user name and > password which I have ne...

DPM Error on end-user recovery permissions
Hello. I currently have a server with DPM 2010 RC, version 3.0.7558.0 running and every 12 hours I'm getting the following error: Failed to update permissions used for end-user recovery on <servername>. Permissions update failed for the following reason: (ID 3123) Unable to update shares or share permissions. (ID 3050) I've seen that turning off end-user recovery will clear this warning, however, I've been told that I need to keep it on. Can someone point me in the right direction to see why this is happening? Event viewer's DPM alerts has the follo...

How to check a AD user's password
Hello,Everyone Sorry for my poor english. I want to check a AD user's password to do a Authentication. How can i build my vbscript? "Chivas.Tan" <smileruner@live.cn> wrote in message news:#HCBuzjyKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello,Everyone > Sorry for my poor english. > I want to check a AD user's password to do a Authentication. > How can i build my vbscript? That depends. What, precisely, is it that you want to do with an AD user's password? Try guessing what it is? If you want a script to "authenti...

SQL Express 2008: Select User Name to Login
Hello: I am working through the tutorials. I have created user Mary. The next bit is about how she can not access anything yet. Oh, really? I want to see what happens if she does. I try to login under Mary and can not. The User name field is disabled. The docs says that it is only available when logging in using Window Authentication, but that is exactly when it is not available. The Connect to Server form comes up with: Server type: Database Engine Server name: Loop\SQLEXPRESS Authentication: Windows Auth...