All in one Windows 2003 Server as PDC with SQL and CRM

hello,
can i install an Microsoft CRM Production Server as an All-In-one
Solution with Microsoft CRM and SQL 2000 Server on the PDC (Windows
2003 Server)?

Is this supported?

What are the possible disadvantages besides not having an secondary
Domain Controller for extra security?

Andy

0
fresh
9/13/2005 12:43:47 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

in a testing environment this works but in production is not a good idea.

The only supported single server deployment is sbs 2003 etc.

why not supported? apart from SBS you should never start treating your
domain controllers as application servers as if anything goes wrong you risk
losing your entire AD.

"fresh" <fresh@gmx.de> wrote in message
> hello,
> can i install an Microsoft CRM Production Server as an All-In-one
> Solution with Microsoft CRM and SQL 2000 Server on the PDC (Windows
> 2003 Server)?
>
> Is this supported?
>
> What are the possible disadvantages besides not having an secondary
> Domain Controller for extra security?
>
> Andy

0
John
9/13/2005 1:34:38 PM
This is not supported by Microsoft.  The only supported single box deployment
of MSCRM 1.2 is on Small Business Server 2003 Premium.

-EB

"fresh" wrote:

> hello,
> can i install an Microsoft CRM Production Server as an All-In-one
> Solution with Microsoft CRM and SQL 2000 Server on the PDC (Windows
> 2003 Server)?
>
> Is this supported?
>
> What are the possible disadvantages besides not having an secondary
> Domain Controller for extra security?
>
> Andy

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Reporting from Project Server

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

get a result of an sql into a field

MS POS = RMS? Also, SQL Connectivity...

SQL 2005 Great Plains 9 issue
I will try to keep this succinct. I am running Great Plains 9 with SQL 2005 on separate servers. Recently I brought up a new SQL server(called sql02) to replace the old SQL server(called sql01). After installing SQL 2005 on the new server and restoring all the databases I renamed the new server(sql02) to the name of the old Server(sql01). Great Plains worked happily after that. On the new SQL server now called SQL01 there are two database engines in SQL Studio, one is called SQL02 and the other is called SQL01. I would rather not have SQL02 there, but I'm not sure how to delet...

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

Test for Windows Classic folders in XP?

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

CRM menu is dim
The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my CRM 3.0 client is not functional. I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for Outlook: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." Many thanks for anybody who can help. KM Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the CRM server. Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/20...

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Viewing group calendars in CRM