Advice on Install 4.0 please

Hello,

I just finished installing a new Server 2008 AD DC for installing MS CRM 4.0.

My question is please. Do I need Exchange to do this or can I use another 
mail server?
Also what OU should this application run in?

Thank you
Joe

I double posted this sorry. I made a mistake and posted in the wrong place.
0
Joe (497)
11/12/2008 2:17:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

4 Replies
449 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 55

CRM does not require Exchange.  4.0's email router can be setup to use any 
SMTP/POP3 mail server.  The OU does not matter either.

-- 

Matt Parks
MVP - Dynamics CRM


"Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:5CFCA484-C63B-415F-80BD-EC828920CF15@microsoft.com...
Hello,

I just finished installing a new Server 2008 AD DC for installing MS CRM 
4.0.

My question is please. Do I need Exchange to do this or can I use another
mail server?
Also what OU should this application run in?

Thank you
Joe

I double posted this sorry. I made a mistake and posted in the wrong place. 

0
mattp651 (48)
11/12/2008 3:54:07 PM
Hello Matt,

Thanks anything else that I should know about....SQL in the same domain? On 
the same box?


Joe

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> CRM does not require Exchange.  4.0's email router can be setup to use any 
> SMTP/POP3 mail server.  The OU does not matter either.
> 
> -- 
> 
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Dynamics CRM
> 
> 
> "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:5CFCA484-C63B-415F-80BD-EC828920CF15@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> 
> I just finished installing a new Server 2008 AD DC for installing MS CRM 
> 4.0.
> 
> My question is please. Do I need Exchange to do this or can I use another
> mail server?
> Also what OU should this application run in?
> 
> Thank you
> Joe
> 
> I double posted this sorry. I made a mistake and posted in the wrong place. 
> 
0
Joe (497)
11/12/2008 4:48:07 PM
Joe:

SQL must be in the same domain as the CRM server, but can be either on the 
CRM machine (not recommended but it works) or on it's own server.

Dave Ireland

"Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:ADF51AA9-2B52-4831-8E85-F3428A740EF2@microsoft.com...
> Hello Matt,
>
> Thanks anything else that I should know about....SQL in the same domain? 
> On
> the same box?
>
>
> Joe
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
>> CRM does not require Exchange.  4.0's email router can be setup to use 
>> any
>> SMTP/POP3 mail server.  The OU does not matter either.
>>
>> -- 
>>
>> Matt Parks
>> MVP - Dynamics CRM
>>
>>
>> "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:5CFCA484-C63B-415F-80BD-EC828920CF15@microsoft.com...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just finished installing a new Server 2008 AD DC for installing MS CRM
>> 4.0.
>>
>> My question is please. Do I need Exchange to do this or can I use another
>> mail server?
>> Also what OU should this application run in?
>>
>> Thank you
>> Joe
>>
>> I double posted this sorry. I made a mistake and posted in the wrong 
>> place.
>> 


0
direland (470)
11/12/2008 6:15:24 PM
Hello David,

Thanks for the reply,

 Not had any luck installing yet, but I will post back.


"Dave Ireland" wrote:

> Joe:
> 
> SQL must be in the same domain as the CRM server, but can be either on the 
> CRM machine (not recommended but it works) or on it's own server.
> 
> Dave Ireland
> 
> "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:ADF51AA9-2B52-4831-8E85-F3428A740EF2@microsoft.com...
> > Hello Matt,
> >
> > Thanks anything else that I should know about....SQL in the same domain? 
> > On
> > the same box?
> >
> >
> > Joe
> >
> > "Matt Parks" wrote:
> >
> >> CRM does not require Exchange.  4.0's email router can be setup to use 
> >> any
> >> SMTP/POP3 mail server.  The OU does not matter either.
> >>
> >> -- 
> >>
> >> Matt Parks
> >> MVP - Dynamics CRM
> >>
> >>
> >> "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:5CFCA484-C63B-415F-80BD-EC828920CF15@microsoft.com...
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I just finished installing a new Server 2008 AD DC for installing MS CRM
> >> 4.0.
> >>
> >> My question is please. Do I need Exchange to do this or can I use another
> >> mail server?
> >> Also what OU should this application run in?
> >>
> >> Thank you
> >> Joe
> >>
> >> I double posted this sorry. I made a mistake and posted in the wrong 
> >> place.
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Joe (497)
11/12/2008 11:54:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Custum Cell Format
I have an array formula which automatically summarizes all available values of a certain column, in ascending order. The summary is fixed to a maximum of 8 cells and in many cases it uses less than the available 8 columns. Is it possible to format the cells by showing a 0 when the result/cell is empty In other cells in the sheet the cells show empty instead of a zero by using the custom format of 0;-0;"" Now I want an empty cell to show 0 Thanks, W -- willemeulen Blink1 *Willem van der Meulen* BSc Soil & Water Eng (Netherlands) ----------------------------------------...

GP 7.5 to 9.0 upgrade failed during "Load Table Auto Procs"
Hi, Upgrading a client from GP 7.5 (SP6) SQL to 9.0 In the "Server Installation Progress" window (normal upgrade in GP Utilities) During "Updating database: xxxxxx" in step "Load Table Auto Procs" We receive the message (window title: Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities): "The stored procedure UpdateDB_Upgrade() of form duSQL Pass Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0." with the OK button. Responded to the message 4 times, then... "Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities install/upgrade failed." Anyone run ...

Create an e-mail in CRM 3.0
Hi, I have been able to make lots of e-mails in CRM 1.2. For the life of me, I cannot seem to figure out how to get them to work in 3.0. Here is my code: activityparty[] activitypartyFrom; activitypartyFrom[0].addressused = HDEmailAddress; activitypartyFrom[0].partyid.name = HDGuid; activitypartyFrom[0].participationtypemask.Value = 1; activityparty[] activitypartyTo; activitypartyTo[0].addressused = HDEmailAddress; activitypartyTo[0].partyid.name = HDGuid; activitypartyTo[0].participationtypemask.Value = ...

Linking Workbooks #4
Hi, Appreciate any help. I have 3 workbooks created for 3 depts who are responsible in putting in data monthly. I created a summary workbook that averages (via linking and AVERAGE formula) the data for the 3 workbooks. However, since some of the month's data are not filled up yet, the #DIV0 is being displayed on the data in my summary workbook. How do replace the "# DIV0" values with dash(-), so it would not look like an error. Here's the formula for my AVE in the summary workbook: " =AVERAGE('C:\My Documents\SCORECARDS\Aug_2008\[WOC_OB_Scorecard.xls]Metca...

Input Masks CRM V3.0
Are there built-in input masks for CRM V3.0? If yes, how do I apply? If not, any suggestions on best way to accomplish? There are some masks at CRM, the entities' attributes have a format option that is like a mask. For example, mail for nvarchar and money for number. But if you need something more, or you need validation, you can use JavaScript at onChange() event of fields. For more information about this take a look to CRM's SDK. Regards -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "LorieO" wrote: > Are there built-in input masks for CRM V3...

crm 4.0 Outlook Client error when going online
Outlook Client throws an error when trying to go online. The error in the event viewer: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSCRMAddressBook Event Category: None Event ID: 6425 Date: 12/8/2008 Time: 9:31:57 AM User: N/A Computer: MHLP2034 Description: The current user does not have permission to use the Microsoft CRM Address Book. Contact the system administrator about acquiring appropriate privileges. HR=0x80040220. Context=Equipment. Function=COfflineSync::RetrieveUpdatedAndInserted...

RMS 2.0 Implementation Guide
Are there any RMS 2.0 Implementation Guides? I have ones for 1.2 and 1.3 but cant find one for version 2.0 ...

Soap Error with CRM 3.0 E-mail Router
Scenario: Exchange 2003 with the CRM3.0 E-Mail Router Installed. Upon running the Rule Deployment Wizard and selecting the relevant CRM server, we get a "SOAP Server Application Faulted" Message. How can one find what is causing the problem? A little more information could be helpful. Does anything show up in the Event Log??? "Jian" wrote: > Scenario: > Exchange 2003 with the CRM3.0 E-Mail Router Installed. Upon running the > Rule Deployment Wizard and selecting the relevant CRM server, we get a "SOAP > Server Application Faulted" Message. ...

Using same SSRS installation to support two different CRM installs
We are implementing a second instance of CRM 4.0. It is for a different business so CRM will be installed on a different server than our current instance. Multihoming is not an option. In our current implementation our Reporting Services installation is on a different box than CRM. We would like to use the same SSRS server for reports for the new CRM installation. Is this possible? Our Reporting SErvices server is on a different machine also. -- Leo That should work just fine aslong as the organization names are different. Otherwise both instances will try to use the same folder...

Trouble to understand the email routing function with Mcrm 3.0
Hello my name is Lenny, and i have a problem. I have installed MCRM 3.0 on my server, and the email routing on my exchange server, so far everything is fine. I olso deployed the Rule wizard, so i should be able to receive emails to my crm user, but it dosent work, all emails coming in goes directly to my normal outlook, but will not go to my crm user. I can send email from mscrm but not get any. An example il send an email to my friend from mscrm, what works fine, then he replies it goes directly to my outlook folder, but not to my mscrm user. The email i sent from mscrm has a token n...

How to install a COM PORT hook
I'd like to install a COM PORT HOOK, so I can capture all events of RX and TX in a serial port. Can I do that without having to make a device driver? Do somebody have any clue where I can find some information? []'s reno wrote: > I'd like to install a COM PORT HOOK, so I can capture all events of RX and > TX in a serial port. > Can I do that without having to make a device driver? > Do somebody have any clue where I can find some information? > > []'s > > > There is a freeware tool that does this. Yes, it requires a custom device driver: ...

Instalation of CRM on two place
Hello Our company got project for CRM 3.0 and we will install in next week. Our consulent demands that i must installed same crm at one of our local computer because they will work localy then export the changes and import at customer CRM server. My question is If i installed CRM at customer's network AD and take backup for SQL databases and restore thats on the local Server and connect to CRM or must install new CRM with same Lisence? Help me. Consulent wants same invirment as our customer has for CRM. -- Maikal You can't simply take a backup of a database and restore it i...

Odd error on Exchange server with router installed
We are getting this error (see below), but our CRM application seems to be running fine. Any thoughts on how to fix it? #6511 - An error occurred while checking the e-mail message with subject "Administrator Alert: Symantec Mail Security detected a message with an encrypted attachment (SYM:31610039282436354592)" in mailbox crmadmin@domain.com for delivery to http://crm/Domain. System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClie...

CRM 3.0 Install
I am reading through the CRM 3.0 Implementation Guide and came across the following: "Microsoft CRM Server is supported only with a default instance of SQL Server. Named instances of SQL Server are not supported with Microsoft CRM." Is this a best practice suggestion or a requirement due to an incompatibility? Also, the default instance of SQL Server in our environment hosts a Windows Sharepoint Services database. Are there any known issues running in the same SQL instance as Sharepoint. The CRM guide indicates the following: ‚óŹ Modification of system tables. The SQL Server ...

Help Please #2
Hello There i'm experiencing a very weird problem lately with my E2k Srever. This started 10 days ago. Whenever i create a new user, the user can logon his mailbox using OWA, but somehow they can't create an outlook profile. Everytime the user tries to create an outlook profile, the server comes bak with the prompt of username, password and domain name, despite that the user is logged on the domain. I made sure that this wasn't a name resolution problem by logging on the same machine and configuring my own profile. to make things complicated, when i log in as admin and configure th...

Please help me #2
In a worksheet around 500 records are there -Employee number,employee name, Joining date I need to display 5 records on the form depending on the date criteria. Let's say Joining date from 1st jan 05 to 30th Jan 05. There are 25 records satisfying this criteria and need to dispaly in 5 records at a time on the form. Once I click on the next button it should show next 5records satisfying this criteria, Same sa if i click on the previous button it should display the previous 5 records which satisfying this criteria. I have created 20 textboxes on the form like Sr EMP# ...

Is MS CRM V3.0 a Viable Package Out-of-the-Box or No, Not Quite Ye
I have been working with a 90-day evaluation installation of the MS CRM server and client product for the past few weeks, along with reading a substantial amount of commentary here in the discussion groups. From my own limited experience thus far, and some of the more critical message threads posted here, there seems to be a strong likelihood that pretty much any MS CRM implementation that is attempted is going to require some level of customization(s) within the various areas of the application that lend themselves to being modified, whether it be done on the application's base fo...

Dell vs Dell. Please help.
Hi, As I think many of you know already, Dell Computers are on their way to crush a guy who makes web sites. Why? Because his name happens to be Paul Dell, and his site is consequently http://www.dellwebsites.com/ That Dell Computers don't make web sites at all doesn't worry them a bit. They just do as most multinational corporations; steam rolling people as they see fit and using their wealth to do it. They have sued Paul for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Michael Dell, the founder and chairman of Dell, is personally worth about USD 18 billion which is more than the GDP of...

Please Help: compare values in two columns present in seperate tab
Hi All, How can I compare values in two columns (columns are in different tables) ? I also want to display the values that dont match in a seperate table. For eg: If values in Column1 from Table1 does not match Values in Column1 from Table2 then display those values in a seperate table Is there a way to do this? THanks in advance Under query types, there is one for unmatched data and one for matched. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "sam" wrote: > Hi All, > > > How can I compare values in two columns (columns are in differe...

4.4.7 smtp error
Hi! I have a email server running almost perfect, just got this issue with a few costumers trying to send email to me. They get the nds 4.4.7. One of them are sending from smtp.varberg.se. I wonder if someone new if I am on the right track when I look at the reverse dns for my mailserver? Or can it be the ttl time to answer. My domain is bandersson-akeri.se Would be happy if someone could give me some ideas on this one. Regards Surfer "Surfer" <Surfer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EC28E83-6AA1-464D-8377-2D543B35DAFA@microsoft.com....

RMS 2.0 Upgrade with Great Plains
We are considering upgrading our HQ and POS to 2.0. We are currently using Great Plains for our accounting. Does anyone know of any problems or issues when upgrading HQ/POS w/GP? Will GP have to be upgraded as well? We have had some trouble getting PO's to import correctly from HQ into GP. Any suggestions or info much appreciated! Amy, What version of Great Plains and RMS at the present? Ed "Amy Cole" wrote: > We are considering upgrading our HQ and POS to 2.0. We are currently using > Great Plains for our accounting. Does anyone know of any problems or iss...

Exchange 2003 Installation Issues!
Environment: Exchange 2003 Cluster and 2 Exchange 5.5 Servers. We recently had some consultants install the 2003 cluster to take place of one of the Exchange 5.5 servers. Now, I was trying to install Exchange 2003 on a new server to take place of our other Exchange 5.5 server and ran into some issues during installation. The installation said unsuccessful. The exact error was "moduleid not found in map in getsetupcomponentbymoduleid" I found an article about this error, although not the same version of Exchange, and it said to make 3 entries in the registry ( http://support.mic...

Help please
Hi I'm running outlook 2000. I have a considerable number of old emails that outlook will not let me delete, I get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error, if the problem presists restart outlook". Obviously I have tried re-starting outlook but this doesn't help. I have also run the inbox repair tool which does not report any errors. Is there any way I can work on and edit the 'outlook.pst' file directly? These emails are annoying and I would like to get back to a clean listing. Any assistance is much appreciated. Cheers Jem How l...

Problems installing money 2005 premium. Please help
I just upgraded from 2001 deluxe to 2005 premium. It seemed to go through the install process ok, even asking me if it could uninstall 2001 of which I said yes. After everything seemed to install ok I tried to start the app and I get the following dialog box "Security Alert: Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded" ... I have since disabled my antivirus software and turned off the XP sp2 firewall and set the security and privacy settings on internet explorer to low to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. In microsoft.public....

Bank Reconciliation #4
My bank rec is in balance, but it does not balance to the cash account in the GL (which has the correct amount). I have tried to do a DAJ in the bank rec without posting to the GL, which then makes the rec match the GL only if I don't "clear" the item in the bank rec. I don't want that adjustment to be "outstanding" forever. The problem started when we setup the bank rec with the wrong starting balance. How can I fix the problem. when you set the wrong balance up in the checkbook, what did you set up in the g/l? "Lynne" wrote: > My bank rec ...