Advanced find - tables quote order invoice (lines) missing

In advance find a customer wishes to know how many of each product an account
has ordered.  The Order lines, Quote Lines, Invoice Lines are not available
as output entities.  Therefore no reporting on advanced find is avaiable.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=77e66eb6-cc02-49ad-acce-c943dd4ced5c&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Advance find is entity oriented. Quotes are difficult because they are
multiple entity items. There is a nice little report in the CRM SANDBOX that
you can download and add to your CRM system. It pulls all the needed data
into a quote report which can then be modified or used to get what you want.

Yes, not pretty but currently one option.

The other option is to use Microsoft SRS and create a report for the
customer extracting the data they are interested in.

--
Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM
The Norwich Group

"Paddy" <Paddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In advance find a customer wishes to know how many of each product an
> account
> has ordered.  The Order lines, Quote Lines, Invoice Lines are not
> available
> as output entities.  Therefore no reporting on advanced find is avaiable.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=77e66eb6-cc02-49ad-acce-c943dd4ced5c&dg=microsoft.public.crm

0
Anne
4/3/2007 12:21:01 PM
Using Excel's MS Query is another way to go.

"Paddy" wrote:

> In advance find a customer wishes to know how many of each product an account
> has ordered.  The Order lines, Quote Lines, Invoice Lines are not available
> as output entities.  Therefore no reporting on advanced find is avaiable.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=77e66eb6-cc02-49ad-acce-c943dd4ced5c&dg=microsoft.public.crm

Missing emails 02-05-10
I recently had to do a system recovery, and when I restored files the emails looked like they were there. But when I open up a saved email folder, often all the listed emails wind up opening with the same email message. The mail titles are right, but when I open it to read, it is the same as another mail from the same folder. Anybody konw why? What can I do? Thanks, Tim It sounds as if the database may be messed up. You can try repairing it (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/). You can also search for *.eml and that should give you the actual messages instead of from within WinMa...

Counting only the "right" activities
I'm making a timeregistration-sheet for work. I have set up the shee very simply - each row is a date in a month and for each date I hav set up three sets of cols with "time" and "activity" so that when registrate my time I choose X hours in col b and the activity I hav used X hours on (defined from a list with 9 different task types) i col c. This works allright - simple but whatever. Now I want to sum up how many hours I for the whole month have spent o one of the 9 task types and run into problems finding the prope formula. Basically I tried with "=SUMIF(C3;...

Advanced Filter #4
I used advanced filter to combine duplicate rows into a unique row. However, the duplicate rows are still there. If you go to the Data menu and click Show All, the duplicate rows are displayed again. My question is, after filtering out the duplicate rows, how do I get rid of them, not just hide them? Greg, Use "copy to" instead of "filter in place." The copied-to is your unique list. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Greg" <gwikle@triad.rr.com> wrote in message news:OpvFHg...

Abount Invoice in MSCRM 3.0
How to implement Instalments of Invoice? The Invoice created by the button "Create Invoice" on the "Contract" always have the total fee. Thanks for the reply! ...

There should be user defined fields on purchase orders
There should be user defined fields on purchase orders ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8d513b5e-c66d-4a10-9bfb-feb6fc679fac&dg=microsoft.public.greatplai...

Excel 2003 not understanding Access 2003 "like"
I have a number of Access queries linked and displayed in an Excel workbook by way of Data, Import External Data, Import Data. Some of the criteria and select statements in the queries use the keyword "Like" (e.g. Like "*Smith" to pull up all names ending in "Smith"). These statements seem to be completely ignored by Excel so that records I should see are not appearing in the workbook. This worked fine in versions 97 (from which we've just upgraded) so is this a version 2003 bug? If so, is there a fix? ...

how to insert data in a table

How do I make two lines in one cell?
since you cant hit enter to make 2 lines in one cell how do you do it? Press alt + enter together. It's easy when you know how! :-) Alan P. "kpeters" <kpeters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAEFD0EB-26F1-4AAB-9D4F-86DF4E013B9F@microsoft.com... > since you cant hit enter to make 2 lines in one cell how do you do it? if you mean that you want to add more text into the cell, then increase the row height and "wrap the text" "kpeters" <kpeters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAEFD0EB-26F1-4AAB-9D4F-86DF...

Pocket PC will not synch "a program is trying to access email..." warning.
I am trying to synch my PocketPC (Jornada 548 running PPC2000) with Outlook 2003 SP1. I keep getting the "A program is trying to access email messages you have stored in Outlook" message. I am running the latest ActiveSynch 3.7.1. Basically this prevents me from synching remotely or over my network unless I am right there at the PC to let it though. I don't think this should be happenning but I have yet to find a way to disable it or to secure ActiveSynch for access. My wife's Palm Vx using Hotsynch manager 4.0.1 does the same thing but I kind of expected current Microso...

Pivot Table Code
I have a pivot table that help me analyze a big amount of data. I examine several scenarios that depends on the selections that I make in the page fields. I have to select different combinations in the page fields to produce the scenarios that I want. I want to simplify the process for other users. I want to use a combo box that commands the page fields combinations that I desire. The combo box should have a list of scenarios = scenario 1, scenario 2, etc. The selection will change more than one page field in order to provide the needed information. How can I do this? I tho...

What does Rv: stand for in the subjetc line of an email??
Hi all, can anyone tell me what the Rv: stands for in the subject line of an email??? Fw: forward Re: Return Rv: ??? Marc Re: in some other language? (possibly Spanish) RE and FW are the English versions, other tags used include accept, decline and similar full words but only used for meeting invitations. Any other short tags are Re or FW in different languages. You may also see codes added by email systems for tracking purposes - this would include ADV (advertising) or SPAM. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 f...

Chart, lines drop to zero when no data entered
Have several charts that get the data from a master data sheet which gets its data from several other sheets, thus a linked formula is involved. X axis is for Jan - Dec. I only thus far have data for Jan - May. The lines on the charts are fine for Jan - May, but since there is no data in June - Dec, the line drops to zero. It make the production chart look like the person suddenly stopped working. I realize I can erase the formulas but this is not acceptable in that several people, not excel proficient, will be updating their own charts and printing them. I want the line to sto...

Unable to to choose update stocks on line
I just upgraded from Money 2003 to Money 2004. When I go to update my stock portfolio all I cab choose is Ipdate quotes manually. What happened and how can I restore it? In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote: >I just upgraded from Money 2003 to Money 2004. When I go >to update my stock portfolio all I cab choose is Ipdate >quotes manually. What happened and how can I restore it? In any case, these are worth doing: In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Then in Money do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepa...

"The message could not be sent"
Dear sir/madam, I don't understand why the system rejects requests to send certain emails. The above email is very important & needs to be received very soon, so your assistance is valuable at this time. Thank you so much, Ian Boyle. I use a microsoft windows Vista programme. Without providing some details of just what this "rejects requests to send" consists of, we can't help. Don't you get an error message when you try to send? If so, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) --...

How do long-time owners of Office 2004-Student-Teacher order 2008 version?
There have been lots of promotions for those who are not already registered for Office 2004-Student-and-Teacher to buy that version and then buy into Office 2008-Student and Teacher. That's a great deal for them. But how do those of us who are long-time users of 2004 place our orders for Office 2008 Student-Teacher? Respectfully, Norm On 1/7/08 6:08 PM, in article C3A81B05.94B%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > But how > do those of us who are long-time users of 2004 place our orders for Of...

selecting Access 2000 or "Access 2002" with the Convert Database command
I'm getting ready to convert a number of Access 97 mdb files to Access 2002. I'm looking over the instructions for doing this in the "Using MS Access 2002 - Special Edition" written by Roger Jennings. In that book, it says to select Tools - Database Utilities - Convert Database - To Access 2000 file format. Since this book is for Access 2002, I was surprised that it would suggest selecting the 2000 file format instead of 2002. I'm thinking this just a typo - but I thought I'd also check with this newsgroup to see if anyone knows of a reason why someone working in 2...

I'm looking for a way to search for any sent messages that are over 90 days of age. I'm able to manually create the criteria: Search in: 'Sent Items', where item is 'Sent on or before' and a manually entered date but can't seem to find a automatic way for the 'Value'. Online help gives no reference on how to create a condition of 'Over xx Days'. ...

Using Dependents
In a particular instance when I am using the dependents search facility, a small symbol like a table or an Excel sheet appears, (the dependent arrow pointing to it). It's as if it is indicating that some other sheet has data dependednt on the cell. But I can't find any other sheet with dependent data. Double-click the arrow to the sheet symbol and Excel will display the dependent cells -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Zembu" <Zembu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:352631A7-0BF4-451D-8781-669C26270BF6@microsoft....

How does "leave a copy" work?
Hello group. Outlook and Outlook Express both have a "leave a copy" feature, and I'm curious how they know which emails to download from the server, and which one not to download. Do they have a database somewhere in the disk for which they use to compare with the list of emails in the mail server or something? More precisely, I'm wondering why Outlook/OE sometimes loses this information somehow and redownloads everything again, and then I have to delete them since I already have them. -- Mvh / Best regards, Jack, Copenhagen The email address is for real :) Jack...

Can't get Publisher to give "send as message" as an email option
We use Windows live Mail which won't work with publisher. So for the purposes of sending out an email I changed the default program to Windows mail But, under the option "send email" only the send as attachment option appears. I have changed the default program in Vista to use windows mail. Help ...

Automatic Calculation of Table Formulas
Is there a way to set Word so that a target cell automatically re-calculates whenver any of the cells used in the formula is changes? Only if the components of the formula are provided from the results of form fields in a protected form and you have the calculate on exit check box properties of the fields checked. Otherwise you would have to force an update of the fields in the calculation. You can do that with a macro, such as that used as an example at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm Alternatively you can insert an Excel table and have the full panoply of Excel fu...

ORDER RECEIVED AND SALES
Hi, I need a reort that shows when I received a Purchase Order and the quantity received. Should also show how much I have sold of the item since it was received. Example Ordered 10 keyboards and received 8 of them on 1/1/08. Since 1/1/08 I have sold 6 keyboards. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Try the Item Movement History Report for an item by item report of what you want. Filter and format the report as neccesary and don't forget to memorize it for the next time! "Razrp" <Razrp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CEED710-0D3E-48EC-8DB...

Pivot Table Help #2
- Automaticly Refreshing Pivot Table Data I have a made a macro called "depsub" that gathers sales data from each one of our sales departments, compiles it onto one page, sorts it and SUBTOTALs the data by employee and department. I also have a PivotTable that needs to use this same data. PivotTables can not be generated from subtotaled data. So I have to nest a macro within my "depsub" macro that generates a PivotTable prior to the data being subtotaled. Problem is every time I try to do this the macro errors out and stops when I try to creat the pivot table. Here i...

Exchaneg Resource going off-line
Hi, On one of my Exchaneg 2K clusters I am having a problem where the Exchange disk resource is failing for no apparent reason. Things are complicated as we are running Geocluster from NSI and I have logged a problem with them. In the meantime I am trying to checkm if there is an underlying Exchange config issue. The system is running EX2K Sp3 with the latest post sp3 roll up. Are there any other recommended EX patches I should have installed?, especially ones that would affect cluster operation. Regards, Gerry On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:40:50 +0100, "GJB" <GJB@lineondotn...

How do you find windows shared folders?
I am writing a piece of software to back up a shared folder on one computer to another computer. I need a list of the shared folders available on the network I am connected to by ethernet. The computers are both windows machines... One is a Windows 98 computer and the other (the one that is doing the query) is windows XP. I am writing in VB6 and Visual C++ (I do OCXs in C++) I am comfortable writing socket level code to broadcast a discovery packet if that is necessary, and parse the response results, but if there is already an API for this then of course that would be better. Thanks. B...