Advanced Find should let me search records between two dates

When searching the system for records, many times I need to search for
records that came in between two dates.  For instance, I would like to be
able to pull all records input in CRM between March 1 and March 15.  In 3.0
you can only query specific dates like "Last X days," "Last X Months," "On,"
"On or After," etc., but you cannot search the date fields between two dates.
 The functionality was available in 1.2 but is not available in 3.0.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a59bf2e5-e2a3-4319-8401-ae9e5dff55b8&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi CorpCRM,.

Using Advanced Find for leads I was able to construct the following query..

Select all leads / contacts  Where

Created On    -  On or After    -  03/01/2006
and
Created On    -  On or Before  -  03/15/2006

This does appear to return the correct results..  Is this not what you are
looking to do?

Thanks,

Benjamin Pirih

"CorpCRM" wrote:

> When searching the system for records, many times I need to search for
> records that came in between two dates.  For instance, I would like to be
> able to pull all records input in CRM between March 1 and March 15.  In 3.0
> you can only query specific dates like "Last X days," "Last X Months," "On,"
> "On or After," etc., but you cannot search the date fields between two dates.
>  The functionality was available in 1.2 but is not available in 3.0.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a59bf2e5-e2a3-4319-8401-ae9e5dff55b8&dg=microsoft.public.crm
Hi Ben,

I must not have been thinking clearly.  Your suggestion works wonderfully.
Thank you very much.

"Ben" wrote:

> Hi CorpCRM,.
>
> Using Advanced Find for leads I was able to construct the following query..
>
> Select all leads / contacts  Where
>
> Created On    -  On or After    -  03/01/2006
> and
> Created On    -  On or Before  -  03/15/2006
>
> This does appear to return the correct results..  Is this not what you are
> looking to do?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Benjamin Pirih
>

> "CorpCRM" wrote:
>
> > When searching the system for records, many times I need to search for
> > records that came in between two dates.  For instance, I would like to be
> > able to pull all records input in CRM between March 1 and March 15.  In 3.0
> > you can only query specific dates like "Last X days," "Last X Months," "On,"
> > "On or After," etc., but you cannot search the date fields between two dates.
> >  The functionality was available in 1.2 but is not available in 3.0.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a59bf2e5-e2a3-4319-8401-ae9e5dff55b8&dg=microsoft.public.crm

Excel Date Help
I am trying to write a formula that will change the date format. Here is what I am trying to do. Can anyone help? I would like the date to be in this format in cell F1, 19971219. This field needs to have 8 digits for the complete date. Cell A1 Contains the year, 1977 Cell B1 Contains the month, 12 Cell C1 Contains the day, 19 In this example we would have to append a leading zero on the month so it is 05 instead of just the 5. The same with the day it needs to have a leading 0 also. Cell A1 Contains the year, 1977 Cell B1 Contains the month, 9 Cell C1 Contains the day, 5 I would like...

FindWindow() not finding my window
Im new to VS. Ive spent several hours trying to figure out why my FindWindow() isnt finding another application which I run. My first app with FindWindow() is an updater looking for the second app to kill it and restart it. I use AfxRegisterClass(&wc) to register my first class as well as SetWindowText(). Ive looked for the strings of both in the .exe and they are there, yet the FindWindow never returns a valid Handle. Any ideas what to look at next? Thanks >Im new to VS. Ive spent several hours trying to figure out why >my FindWindow() isnt finding another application which I r...

Instant Search --- include subfolders?
Outlook 2007 This seems to have been touched upon in one or two other posts, but the Q&A got sidetracked. Just to be sure... I have my own Mail Folder named "Saved Emails," with several subfolders. If I select the Saved Emails folder and perform an Instant Search, it doesn't find the target items stored in subfolders. I can't find a checkbox to enable subfolder-included searches under Instant Search. Does such a feature exist? (It seems not. Rather an obvious gap, wouldn't you say?) Thanks very much. no. you can do the folder or all mail folder...

Frozen date/time stamp
In the "Downloaded:" section of an account page, (upper left), there appears a date/time stamp, balance info and "Items to review" from statements downloaded from a financial instituion. The date/time stamp and balance are frozen from late last year (I had a crash). "Items to review" shows current info and the actual transaction downloads fine into the account, but the date/time stamp and balance info there stays frozen. What the hey??? ...

How to find all devices in our organization
Hi all, I installed MobileAdmin but it only can find the device if I know alias or exchange email address. Is there a way to find all activesync devices in our organization easily? Thanks in advance. ...

Cannot download two separate accts from one bank
I have an account and my wife has another at the same bank. we have separate Member IDs and PINs. Now I followed the instructions in Money that says to just rename the bank to something that identifies hers and mine. Well I did that. But when I try to logon and download her statements it says to verify user info and password. I verified all that with the bank, they say it's correct. Does Money send my real name and check if I'm on that account or what? In microsoft.public.money, Paul wrote: >I have an account and my wife has another at the same >bank. we have separate ...

Compare dates to copy data
Help please... How would I get the following to occur. (Sheet 1 cell A1 = 2/22/10 when I run macro, look for 2/22/10 on sheet 2, and copy an area from sheet 1 to the appropriate area of sheet 2. So each time sheet one date changes, it copys the same area of sheet one into the correct area of sheet 2 that matches the date. -- Thank you for your time! John If it was me, I would do the following: 1. Turn on macro recorder. 2. Go to Sheet2, filter the data for the date you want. 3. Copy the data to its destination. 4. Turn off macro recorder. 5. Modify the macro the pickup the ...

Credit Card Due Dates
Hello, I recently bought MS Money 2006 on the assumption that it would help me centralize the management of my credit card due dates by periodically downloading the relevant information from each credit card's website. It seems, however, that only account activity data is downloaded and nothing else. Is there a way to make MS Money also download the due dates? I really don't want to enter all this information manually. Thank you for any help. - Paul If you use the Debt Reduction Planner, you can enter the due dates in there and the DRP will automatically create an entry in the...

How to search for a file like Windows Explorer
Hi all, My mission is now building a COM component for full-text searching purposes. This component must support .DOC and .PDF files. I see that Windows Explorer can search for a file containing user-specified text like: Search for files and folders named: *.pdf containing text: "book" How can I reuse windows API that Windows Explorer is using for searching files. (I tried to search the API functions with API Text Viewer but no result found) Thanks for reading, Trieu Anh Dung >How can I reuse windows API that Windows Explorer is using for searching >files. This isn&...

creating a mail merge with dates
hi using excel version 98 (stop laughing) I have a field with dates. When I go to do a mail merge into a word document those dates are getting converted or inverted. 5/1 become 1/5. It is inconsistent but seems to happen in April and May. When I turn the column into a text field, the dates become numbers and so I lose my data. Is there a way to paste the values of the fields into a text column so that the true date will work with the merge? hope this makes sense. Thank You. Dates in column B insert a help column and use this formula =TEXT(B2,"mm/dd/yy") change t...

Mark Records in a Table
How do I mark (with a check mark) differents Records in a Table that I have created. I am using MS Office Access 2007. -- Roger On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 09:33:01 -0800, Roger wrote: > How do I mark (with a check mark) differents Records in a Table that I have > created. > I am using MS Office Access 2007. Under what circumstances do you wish to check or uncheck the records? The first step is to add a Yes/No CheckBox field to the underlying table. Then add that field to your data form. Next is to determine how Access knows (or you know) when and which records to check. Then you can ...

insert the date the file was last modified
How do I automatically insert the date the current file was last modified into a cell in Excel? Hi use the following UDF: Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _ (prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Function and enter in a cell =DOCPROPS("last save time") (format cell as date) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Ranrunr" <Ranrunr@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:356A3628-A21E-426C-BF78-5522E...

How to merge two Excel Files. #2
im using Office XP, and i have some data in 4to5 different files, i want ot merge all that files, can anybody help me.... thax in advance. Brijesh Parmar --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.521 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 9/23/2003 The big question is whether your files have "similar or the exact same (hopefully) layout. If the latter, I'd just create a new workbook and copy and paste each of your 5 to the new master <<a simplified approach>>. "Brijesh" <parmarb...

Deleting duplicate record
May I know how to actually delete the record when it duplicate and only keeping 1 record... For example I have 3 record which is exactly the same:- PK PartNumber 1 1111-1111 2 1111-1111 From the situation above I only want to keep 1 record.... May I know the way? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200708/1 Hi, Could go about this in many ways:- 1) Append all records to a new table with unique record set to Yes No Dups) or 2) Run a groupby query this would Show each record only once. Then you could make a table...

Searching Notes & Note Attachments
Greetings: Does anyone know of a way for a CRM user to search the contents of Notes &/or Note Attachments? We have used the Advanced Find feature to search fields on the Account, Contact & Opportunity form but that does not seem to work with Notes & Attachements. Any suggestions are deeply appreciated... ...

Automatic formatting upon find/replace
I have a problem that I keep getting... I have cells with dates ranges like "2002-03" (with no quotes). The cells are formatted to text. When I do a find/replace for "20" in order to make the result "02-03", all of the cells are automatically autoformatted again to dates (apparently), resulting in "3-jan" in each cell. How can I get around this annoyance? Thanks, Aaron You could try: Edit|replace 20 with ' (single quote) but if you have 2002-20 you'll end up with 02-' I'd do a series of replaces: 2000 with '00 2001 wit...

Find which numbers sum up to given total
I have been presented with 13 numbers and given a total for the sum of 5 of these numbers. Will excel allow me to find which 5 of the given numbers add up to my known total. Sub add_perm() Dim i As Integer Dim j As Integer Dim k As Integer Dim m As Integer Dim n As Integer Dim p As Integer Dim NN As Integer Dim SS As Integer Range("destination").ClearContents SS = Range("known_total") NN = Range("numbers") - 1 '13-1 p = 1 For i = 0 To NN For j = 0 To NN For k = 0 To NN For m = 0 To NN For n = 0 To NN ...

Advanced Filters not working
Any help would be appreciated... I cannot seem to get Advanced Fileter to work. It keeps returning all rows in my database list after applying Advanced Filter. I'm using Using Excel 2002 and believe I have religeoulsy followed the instructions under "Filter by using Advanced Criteria" in the online help. 1) Inserted range called "Criteria" which uses rows $1:$5. $1 contains the criteria labels - formatted bold & with an underline border. 2) Inserted range called "Database" which uses cells $A$7:$N$3571. Row $7 contains the list labels - formatted...

grouping mass date data
I am trying to group some data, at the moment its pullin the info as individual dates but i need them to be in some sort of group ie. months/weeks. Ive tryed to group via the field but its says i can group it that way. Any ideas ? ie. You can group dates using a pivot table -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "jaylo" <jaylo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BD857D4-23D1-4C6B-861B-AF8279BC05DC@microsoft.com... > I am trying to group some data, at the moment its pullin the info as > individual dates but i need them to be in some sort of group ie. > months...

Need help with find and calculate
Ok, scratching a bald spot on my head, and still nothing. I have 5 sheets on a work book. I need to find all values that =2575 in colum A. When it finds the values if they exist, sum the specified cell fro all pages. To better explain, 2575 is a billing number, the sheets ar timesheets. I want to find everyone who listed 2575 as a billin number. If it is listed, have the formula go across about 12 cells an find total hours for that billing number. I will have a summary shee at the end to list specific billing numbers, 2575, 3123,3124, and s on, with sum of all hours beside it. Can some please ...

Can't find email server
I just purchased Outlook 2007 and can't send or receive any email from my pop3 accounts. I am currently running Vista Home Basic. The "Enter Network Password" window keeps on popping up. Before purchasing Outlook 2007 I was using Microsoft Mail and my Popo3 email accounts were working fine. "lam8231" <lam8231@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC1E929-2CAA-439C-9421-EE988A3A98CB@microsoft.com... >I just purchased Outlook 2007 and can't send or receive any email from my > pop3 accounts. I am currently running Vista Home Basic. The &q...

How do I make "Search In All Mail Folders" actually search all of them?
How do I make "Search In All Mail Folders" actually search all of them? When I select "All Mail Folders" from dropdown, it only inserts Drafts;Inbox;Outbox;Sent Items into the "Search In" field, Is there any way to make that dropdown actually list all mail folders or do I have to select them all by hand each time? Any help or pointers to help are appreciated. Thanks, Ken Outlook version? What search engine are you using? WDS? GDS? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head sc...

If not saved, do not create new record?
I have a cmd button that opens an invoice form in add mode, and allocates an invoice number via autonumbering. If the invoice creation is aborted for some reason (i.e. if the form is closed without the Save button having been clicked) the skeleton of the invoice is still added and the number is used and I have a meaningless record in tblInvoices. Is there some way I can prevent this? If it means that I have to add another cmd button "Cancel" that undoes things, rather than users just hitting the close button, that's fine... Many thanks CW On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 08:31:02 -0800, ...

Get relative Path: advanced workbook linking.
This might be a little off topic, but I'll ask anyway. I work on multiple workbooks. They all calculate a lot of functions and I am forced to create multiple workbooks to do these calculations. Linking to other workbooks basically displays the results of workbook1 and works from there. But... I need to keep an overview of these files, so I store them in different folders all within the same 'master' folder. So let's say: master folder is FolderMaster, and this contains folderA, folderB, folderC. FolderA contains workbookA1, workbookA2; folderB contains workbookB1, work...

MS Word won't let me keep two documents open simultaneously
All of a sudden, I can no longer have more than one word document open simultaneously. Can anyone tell me how to re-engage this capability? Thank you, thank you, thank you! (in advance) From the Tools menu, click on Options and then go to the View tab and change the setting for the "Windows in Taskbar" item under the "Show" section of the dialog. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Ja...