Advanced Find Question 11-13-07

Is there any way to remove entities from the Advanced Find Query / Window?
I would like to remove them as possible entities to "search" against.

Thanks in advance,

0
CPW
11/13/2007 6:36:17 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
That is not possible. I assume if some user dont have read rights on some
entity then it will not appear in Advance Find.
--
PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our
feedback.

uMar Khan :: Freelance Consultant
My Email :: imumar at gmail dot com
My Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com

"CPW" wrote:

> Is there any way to remove entities from the Advanced Find Query / Window?
> I would like to remove them as possible entities to "search" against.
>
> Thanks in advance,

You could open each attribute for the entity and select 'Searchable = No".
This will restrict the users ability to query the entitie's fields but they
will still be able to view the entity in the list and select joins against it
in Advanced Find.

You need Update rollup 1 or greater to see this option.

Cheers

"CPW" wrote:

> Is there any way to remove entities from the Advanced Find Query / Window?
> I would like to remove them as possible entities to "search" against.
>
> Thanks in advance,

Any way to find a window(Control) is hidden/Overlapped by other one?
I'm working with MFC Application which contains combo boxes and static text controls. ToolTip is given to static text to expose full text due to space constraints. Below the ComboBox i have static text which pop-ups ToolTip when mouse hovered on it. When i get my ComboBox's drop-down window, it's overlapping on the static text control. If you move your mouse from one item to other item in the ComboBox then i'm getting static text's ToolTip blocking the ComboBox item names. Is there any way to find out that one window(Static text)is overlapped by other(ComboBox) to fix thi...

Contacts and Folders Question
I'm using Entourage 2008 on a Mac Pro. It seems that all new contacts added are defaulted to the "Contacts" folder, not any of the others I have created (which makes perfect sense). But what doesn't make sense to me is how I add contacts (particularly in a situation where I need to import say 500 new contacts into a specific folder) to a specific folder. I have tried selecting the folder prior to importing (which seems like it will do the trick), but once imported, everything goes straight to the "Contacts" folder no matter what. Thanks, Branden Bra...

Windows Media Player 11 01-30-10
I have tried to burn cds on windows media player 11 version 11.0.5721.5268 and it says that it encounters a problem every time. I noticed that as soon as I selected "start burn" it immediately says burn complete and then says that it encountered a problem without analysing or finalizing songs to the disc. What can I do to fix this problem? First,in WMP go to "Help" tab,select "check for updates".If all is ok,try downloading WMDiag from microsoft,it will check out the player for errors. Also,in WMP,go to tools,options,hardware tab,make sure the dev...

Advanced Filter: Number of Records Found
Advanced Filter had been telling me the Number of Records Found (in the lower left of my screen.) Now it has stopped doing that, on the same set of data. Any ideas on what I have changed? Thanks, Charlie Rowe Do you mean the AutoFilter? If so, when your list has many formulas, or if a cell in the list is changed after an AutoFilter has been applied, the Status Bar may show "Filter Mode" instead of a count of the visible records. The following MSKB article has information: The AutoFilter status bar displays the "Filter Mode" message in Excel http://support.m...

Finding information about a process
I have the ID of a process...and I want to find the EXE name associated with that process...Does anyone know what API calls will help me here? Thanks, Arvind. I would try OpenProcess() and then GetModuleFileName() with the handle obtained with the former. Untested though. ...

Help with Finding Highest value
Can anyone advise best way to search through a number of rows, some wit the same heading to find the row with the highest value for example 1 Apples 10 2 Apples 22 3 Orange 19 4 Pears 23 5 Mangoe 33 6 Apples 90 I need a formula that return the value '90' when searched agains Apples. Hope that makes sense. Simo -- spgprivat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- spgprivate's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3586 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=5565...

Stationary #11
Hi, I am trying to create an email stationary template for the company. I can create an HTML template using Frontpage with the company Logo at the top and a disclaimer at the bottom using frames. However.... 1) I have been asked to make the curser appear at the starting position under the logo (it currently appears above the logo?!?!) 2) The users wish to use Word as their email editor so they can have spell checker for outgoing email but as soon as I enable this it wont let me use HTML and therefore, no stationary. 3) If I apply the template as a signature instead of stationar...

MSPS 2007
How can I work around MSPS 2007 not allowing me to have multiple issues lists? I’ve got my out of the box “Issues” list on the project workspace. I’ve added another issues list, which I called “Action Items”. I get an error 24018, 24016, and 2600. The message indicates I can only have one list of this type. I like the “Issues” template because it allows me to link to other items in the workspace such as documents. Is there a work around? Thank you! Tim Here is the full error: Your ReportingWSSSync job failed. Its current state is FailedNotBlocking. It was 0%...

Newbie Question: XML Reference to XSLT
Hi All. I have a Web service that returns a couple of XML nodes. One of the nodes contains an XML rendition of a report our company presents on our Web site. A customer is asking if I could embed a reference to a public XSLT (available from our Web site) that would transform the XML report into HTML so they can look at a "pretty" version of the report in a browser. Thanks very much, Earl Earl, > A customer is asking if I could embed a reference to a public XSLT > (available from our Web site) that would transform the XML report into HTML > so they can look at a &quo...

e-mail 04-11-10
what is server i used pop@microsoft and it doesn't work "Jade Dee" <JadeDee@microft.com> wrote in message news:u9pF8WV2KHA.5212@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > what is server i used pop@microsoft and it doesn't work Tell us who your mail provider is, the part beyond the @ in your email address will help. Also who provides your internet connection (your ISP)? microsoft.com belongs to microsoft and used by its employees only. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeands...

cannot find the .csv files for importing to hotmail
I am trying to import my contacts to a hotmail account but cannot find the ".csv" files that are requested. I have done a search with no apparent appropriate file found. Thanks Did you create a .csv file for Hotmail to import? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Bob asked: | I am trying to import my contacts to a hotmail account | but cannot ...

finding specific day in range
I am OK with some Adv Beg excel techniques. But I am not sure how to get the next step done. I do a monthly schedule in grid format in excel, names down the left (A-column), and Dates across the top(row-2). I have set up a template to auto fill the date each time I enter the new date for the month in the cell A1 range "DAY" is C2 to AG2. This starts at C2 with "=A1" then in C3 "=(c2+1)". This is formated to show text days of the week "ddd". In the lower rows for each person a letter is used to indicate where they are to work for this day. Some letters ar...

Where can I find Megastat Plugin for Excel?
I am looking for a Statistical Plugin for Excel. I uesd Megastat at school in Statistics class. Google is your friend "Bart de Boisblanc" <Bart de Boisblanc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DF8D79B-5AD7-40E2-BE15-953B41C4844D@microsoft.com... > I am looking for a Statistical Plugin for Excel. I uesd Megastat at school > in > Statistics class. ...

Really Really stupied questions
I know this is simple for some, but for the life of me i cannot figur out why we would use the $ symbol. for example: =$B$2:$B$51 also, I've seen the : put at the end of forumlas, ie: ='Levy Jennings'!$B$2:$B$51: what would that mean as well? again, i know these are easy questions, but I've search Excel's hel and I havent' been able to figure it out. any help would be appriciated. th -- Plasm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Plasma's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2740 View t...

Problem with Outlook Express not deleting messages....Posted here because I could not find a group for Outlook Express...TIA
Outlook express can recieve mail. It cannot delete mail from Inbox or trash can. It gives no error messages. Does any one have any fixes or ideas on how to solve this issue ? Thanks !!!!! Ralph Malph Ralph Malph <Ralph@happydays.com> wrote: > Outlook express can recieve mail. It cannot delete mail from Inbox or > trash can. It gives no error messages. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman DUH !!! If I could find one I would, but there does not seem to be one amoung the microsoft.public.outlook********* news groups. Now if you could point me to one..... R...

journal #13
a newbie here - there are no listings when I open the journal - have been using outlook 07 vista for a few months now. what gives? thanks for the help. ...

Excel formula question #2
I have a cell and formula as follows: =IF(C3="Premium",152.00,0.00) However, I want it to be if C3="Premium" then 152.00 OR if C3="Advance" then 107.00. How would I achieve this? =IF(C3="Premium",152,IF*C3="Advance",107,0)) You don't need to put any trailing zeroes after the decimal point, that is done by the format. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Nocturnal" <nocturnal@anonymous.com> wrote in message news:O5mxQNhfFHA.2372@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I have a cell and formula as follows: > > =IF(C3="Premium&qu...

question about "mictosoft web brouser"
hi, I have "Microsoft web browser" added to my project. I like to disable its normal operation. I mean I want to disable right click menu, going to the linked pressed by mouse, etc. And instead I want it just inform me about the link that was pressed by a message or .... Is this possible? thanks in advance for any help, Behzad ...

Mail Merge Question
Hello - When I do a mail merge from our excel database (excel 2002 SP3) to Word.. (word 2002 SP3)... to create labels, I have to specify which values I want to use because I don't want to use them all. For some reason... it's merging PAST the values I specify to fill up the last page. What gives? FNORD For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 7 Feb 2005...

Can't find General tab in Tools/Options dialog box
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, and would like to have attachments open in Print Layout View instead of Reading view. The Help screen advises to clear the check box on the General tab of the Options dialog box on the Tools menu, but when I go to the Options box, there is no General tab, and none of the tabs have a check box regarding the opening of email attachments. You did not specify the type of attachments to which you are referring. Are we to assume you meant Word documents? If so, those settings would be in Word, not Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "joantml&qu...

Business Portal Hierachy Question
I have created a hierachy which is suppose to function for the Executive level as a dual approval. For example when we reach the 25k level for purchasing I would like to have both the CFO and CEO approve these requistions. So far the requistions have been going in a circle. I have the CFO reporting directly to the Requistion Manager as default and the CEO reporting to the CFO as a default with the CFO under the CEO incase a request comes to this position first. How to I make it so that the default is to go to the CEO then the CFO finally to the RA? Without the round. ...

Combo Box 12-17-07
I have a table with among other fields, Provider Name, Tax ID Number. How do I get the tax ID number to auto populate in the tax ID field when I select the Provider Name? Thanks. Assuming the Tax ID is a feild in the table with the Provider name, you could add a column to carry the Tax ID Number in the column. Then, wherever you move to a new record, populate the control bound to the Tax ID Number field using the combo's column collection. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Joe" wrote: > I have a table with among other fields, Provider Name, Tax ID Number. How ...

cell format #13
When I link my sheet to bloomberg I get in the some col text, value & #N/A n.a that can be a text ar numer. is there any way to format the information numbers/ text? -- hapitaron ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hapitaron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12456 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386405 ...

IE8>Tools>Advanced..Java not listed
I'm running IE8 on both an XP lappy and a Vista Ultimate PC. Both have the latest Java installed but only the XP Lappy lists "Sun(Java)" as a heading in the Tools>Advanced listings. How can I get this heading listed on my Vista installation?? Java still runs...just, on some sites, others get "Java Appelet blocked" from windows firewall, and some even give you time to go perk the coffee before the cup arrives in the Sys. Tray! lol "six-h" <sixh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E26B97B-8382-49BE-A69A-4E72103DB58C@microsoft....

can't find word document
I opened an email with a word document attachment, made changes to it and clicked the save icon on the tool bar. The changes did not save. Can you help find the modifed version? Doesn't work that way. You must save the attachment into a folder on your hard drive before opening it and working on it. "HELP!!!!!" <HELP!!!!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5546C5C-7D6C-460B-84C4-79EA32CD5A41@microsoft.com... :I opened an email with a word document attachment, made changes to it and : clicked the save icon on the tool bar. The changes did not sav...