Advanced Find OR condition

How can Advanced Find be used to perform the following search:

List all Contacts...
- where their Job Title is "Chief Executive"
OR
- where a custom field on a custom related entity is "Chief Executive"

Can OR conditions only be placed on fields within the same entity?

This seems like a bit of a hole in an otherwise extremely powerful tool.

0
Optevia
9/12/2006 8:26:14 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_4B88F1EF

"Optevia" <keithdelarge@gmail.com> wrote:
> How can Advanced Find be used to perform the following search:
>
> List all Contacts...
> - where their Job Title is "Chief Executive"
> OR
> - where a custom field on a custom related entity is "Chief Executive"
>
> Can OR conditions only be placed on fields within the same entity?
>
> This seems like a bit of a hole in an otherwise extremely powerful tool.

That's correct, in the Advanced Find UI, OR conditions can only be placed
on fields within the same entity.  FetchXml, the query definition language
that Advanced Find generates, can support OR queries, but requires SQL
knowledge since the syntax is similar.

--
Tao Yue
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fmodern\fprq1\fcharset0 Lucida Console;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 "Optevia" <keithdelarge@gmail.com> wrote:
\par > How can Advanced Find be used to perform the following search:
\par >
\par > List all Contacts...
\par > - where their Job Title is "Chief Executive"
\par > OR
\par > - where a custom field on a custom related entity is "Chief Executive"
\par >
\par > Can OR conditions only be placed on fields within the same entity?
\par >
\par > This seems like a bit of a hole in an otherwise extremely powerful tool.
\par
\par
\par That's correct, in the Advanced Find UI, OR conditions can only be placed on fields within the same entity.  FetchXml, the query definition language that Advanced Find generates, can support OR queries, but requires SQL knowledge since the syntax is similar.
\par
\par
\par --
\par Tao Yue
\par Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_4B88F1EF--

0
taoyue

Multiple Conditions Formula Help Needed
I currently have a formula that I have used to calculate commisio rates. We had a 2 rate plan. If sales were below a certail threshol then apply this rate and if above apply this rate. I used an IF/THE formula. We have recently switched to a 4 rate plan, and I am unsur how to create a formula to reflect this. Please advise.. thanks dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One approach would be a table to use with VLOOKUP. In the formula, where you now have a rate, use VLOOKUP. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:53:11 -0500, chiwavdg <<chiwavdg.19rkim@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Possibly conditional format
I have an Excel 2000 spreadsheet with Column G having random numbers from 1-20. I am trying to find a way whereby:- 1) Numbers 1,3,4,8,10-12,14-19 highlight the cells in red, and 2) Numbers 2,5-7,9,13 and 20 are highlighted in orange Is there a particular formula I may be able to use in conditional format, or would another process be more suited to this task. Many thanks. One way is to use Format|conditional formatting. With column G selected and G1 the activecell, use Format|conditional formatting. Formula is: =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("."&G1&".",".1.3.4.8.10...

Find all cells with a number and mulitply
How can I find all cells in a sheet that are a number greater than zero and multiply each one by a number? IE: the number to multiply by is 1.2 A1 Tom A2 25 A3 0 G12 Bob G13 25 I want to programatically (without using a macro) find cells a2 and g13 only and multiply them by 1.2 Thanks in advance for your help. Jim Jim, As long as you don't have any negative numbers, it doesn't matter about being > 0 (0*n=0) or being text. Try this Put 1.2 in a spare cell and then copy it Select all the cells Goto menu Edit>Pastespecial Click the Multiply option OK out Now clear the c...

Conditional Formatting based on positive/negative numbers
Hi Folks, Need some advice please. I am wanting to format a column of cells so that if they are negative numbers the cell is red and if positive the are green. I keep going rond in circles trying to work it out. I can get one half but no the other. Advice and help appreciated. Nevyn. Try this: Format: Conditional formattin: Condition 1: "Cell value is: greater than or equal to: 0" then select format green Condition 2: "Cell value is : Less than or equal to: 0" then select format red Thanks, Kimti "Nevyn" wrote: > Hi Folks, > Need ...

Advanced Count functions
I have a list of three important data. In column A I have a subject (math, science, etc.), in column B I have a code for the one student who got it right, and in column c I have the codes of any students who guessed wrong. I want to create a list at the bottom of each individual students right and wrong in each subject (i.e., Bob had 14 right in math, 8 wrong in math, 6 right in science... etc.). What combination of functions can I use to count by means of the subject and the student's two-digit code? Thanks. If there is a subject for all codes like A B C math ...

Find supplies that are not used
Our partner added about 2000 general industry suppliers when they created our database. Problem is, we only use about 200 of them and it makes it difficult having to always go through all these useless suppliers. Is there a query we can run to find/delete suppliers that do not have any products attached to them Cheers Hi Jetspeed, You can run this query to see which suppliers has products (Go SO Admin> Go to File and then Connect to Database > Then click on Query > New) select * from supplier where id in (select supplierid from supplierlist) You can now run the following que...

about setting sequrity membership condition
Hi! I just wonder when I use the URL membership as the following row explains The URL membership condition selects all code from a specified URL. What is happening with the term code group that is associated with this URL membership condition ? For example is this codegroup a physical folder on disk ? //Tony ...

Conditional Selections based on a Field
I'm trying to create a field that populates a choice of selections based on what was selected in a prior field. For examples sake: categories and sub-categories. I'm having trouble with coding the form to say "based on your selection in the category field, your options in the sub-category field are..." How would I go about this? Thanks! You mean like a combo box? Well... for the subcatagory, each possible choice is ideally stored in a table that has a field that also references when the catagory is. For instance: tblCatagories might have a field calle...

Outlook 2000 can't find Word (email editor)
Just purchased a new computer with XP Home Edition OS. Also came a trial version of Office 2003. I already had Office Pro 2002 and installed it. I did not uninstall the trial version of 2003 first. The trial version is in an office 11 folder. The older version is in an office 10 folder. When I attempt to send an email through outlook 2000, a message pops up indicating that outlook can't find word so it will use the outlook editor. Can you help? Thanks, Martin I think Windows and Outlook are terribly confused about what's installed where. There is probably some registry...

WMP will not find album information or connecto to Media Guide.
I'm using WMP 11 on Vista. Whenever I right click an album and "find album information" the window pops up and the globe in the top left corner spins but the window remains blank. I try to refresh by clicking the globe but nothing ever loads. It's the same story for using the media guide. Blank white page. I've reset IE, checked the firewall settings (even turning it off for a moment), confirmed all of the settings in WMP but I still can't find any album information. Does anyone have a solution to this issue? In the past I was able to use the ...

Conditional Calculation
The conditional statement I'm working with is: =IF(AND(A3=A2,B3=B2), 'Au'!E1,'Au'!E2) Here's the problem, I want to fill the column with this conditional statement but if I do that it will automatically convert E1 to E2 then E3 ect like it was filling a series. So instead of getting 5 rows with E2 then swithcing to E3 for 6 rows, I get E1, E2, E3. I want the value to be E1 until AND(A3=A2,B3=B2)is false and then I want to go to the next value (E3). Again, filling E3 in until AND(Ax=Ax,Bx=Bx) is false and then switching to E4 ect. Is there a way to write...

Conditional Formula to alternate the fill color of rows
I used to use a Mod function in Conditional Formulas to alternate the fill color of rows (like a checking journal) to make it easier to read, but I can't remember the full syntax. Does anyone know? Thanks! -- TraciAnn Hi TraciAnn http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/alternate_row_shading_using_conditional_formatting/ HTH. Best wishes Harald "TraciAnn" <TraciAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63E81C5F-9C02-4418-9E13-EE2FF96068EC@microsoft.com... >I used to use a Mod function in Conditional Formulas to alternate the fill > color of rows (...

WMP11: Finding tracks that are not in my default location
I have "Add media files to library when played" so I have a proportion of my files outside my main media directory. Is there an easy way to find these files? I can write an OLE program, but I'm feeling lazy. I've just bought a Logitech Squeezebox Duet, and its media server uses a single root directory. It follows shortcuts though, so once I've found the "outlying areas", I can point to them. -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk WMP's Folder view could be useful for this, just click the Folder item...

Finding Duplicate Entries
Using XP Pro SP2 and Excel XP (2002) Like to know if it is possible find all duplicate entries?. Can not use a starting string because it's unknown having all kinds of possibilities. I text pasted a file directory with paths and filenames, I can have duplicate filenames in different directories, and like to search for duplicate names if possible. The list was entered in delimited based on "\" which will be in it's own column, dependent on how many sub-folders. At this stage, I am interested in only finding duplicate file naming. Not concerned if these files are ide...

find existence of autotext entries
I'm cleaning up some code from a previous programmer who liked to put "On Error Resume Next" in places where he didnt' know how to test things in lines above code that might crash. For example, there are lines like the following: Selection.InsertAfter "krh" On Error Resume Next Selection.Range.InsertAutoText I really want to take otu the "On Error Resume Next" and replace it with a test to see if the AutoTextEntry exists as follows: Selection.InsertAfter "krh" If <autotext entry("krh")> exists Then Selecti...

where can i find the attachment tab so it shows continuously
Before upgrading my office pc to Windows 7 i used Office 2007 and emails always had to: cc: bcc: and attachment beside the send button...now i can't find it, anyway have any ideas ...thanks in advance Click on the View button. You'll find BCC there. Also under the View button you can find Toolbars. Make sure you've clicked on Standard and Formatting to enable them. -- Kathleen Orland "Lorraine" <Lorraine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2EADC8D-25D7-4410-9E9A-1ECA4517E02C@microsoft.com... > Before upgrading my office pc to W...

Conditional highlighting....
Hi, I have a master inventory list with three thousand parts or so on th first sheet of a workbook. The next thirty or so sheets are thes parts broken down into their packages. I've created a macro (Thank dave) so when I ship these parts I can create a packing order b highlighting all worksheets being shipped and run a macro. That wa the hard part. How would I go about changing the row color of eac item on these sheets on the master list? Every item is given a stati item number which is listed in column A. I imagine there is a way t do a match function and conditional formatting but...

Can't find Microsoft.Office.Workflow.Tasks' dll
Hi, I am new to sharepoint. We only have WSS 3.0 at work; we don't have MOSS yet. I am trying to work with VS2008 to do workflow (perhaps more later). I installed VS2008 on our server that runs WSS. I was able to start a sharepoint workflow project using the VS2008 template. I did get that first screen you get with the canvas and the "onworkflowactivated" component. When I tried to run the workflow I got messages telling me that the project couldn't find 'Microsoft.Office.Workflow.Tasks' could not be found. I tried including that dll in the using...

Can't find IV
I have an Excel schedule that I can import data from GP V9 using table IV00500, "QTY Avail" field. I used this worksheet weekly for our production schedule and it worked wonderfully until I upgraded to V10 SP3 last week. Now, table IV00500 does not exist and I can't find the QTY Avail field in any other table. Does anybody know which tables I can find this field? I found the QTY On Hand field but I need the QTY Avail field. Help! -- MCEng MC, I did a search for the field and it appears in 10.0 that it is included only in temp tables. Makes sense since QTY Available i...

How can I find the series selection tab?
I didn't manage to find it even though I went through the instructions in Excel Not clear what you mean by, "series selection tab". If you are trying add Category Name Labels to the Series points on a chart do the following:- - click anywhere in chart - this will cause Chart Tools at top of screen to become enabled - Layout / Data Labels / More Data Label Options - Format Data Labels window should launch You can make various changes in here to the series of points on the graph. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Kat @ Rose Valley"...

ISAPI cannot find the database
Hi, I'm writing an ISAPI that access a MS-Access DB. The DLL is on directory /scripts or the server and the database is on directory /data. The trouble is that the actual address on the disk doesn't follow the IIS structure. The DLL is on my VC++ project directory and the database is on another database directory. Just to explain better: According to IIS Homepage: localhost Scripts: localhost/scripts Data: localhost/data On the actual disk Homepage: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot Scripts: My Docs\VCProjs\web\Release Data: My Docs\Access\DBs What s...

Finding a total from multiple lines
I need to pull records from a table that contains multiple locations and their quantities in order to fill a certain quantity demand. For example, I need 25 of an item and I have 5 locations that have 10 each. How do I get the results to show 10 from location A, 10 from location B, 5 from location C, and dont show the rest at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated Slotted2 = source, On Hand = quantity, Locator = Location Using my table names, I wrote this for the first section: SELECT a. Locator, a. [On Hand], Sum(b.[On Hand]) AS RunningTotal FROM Slotted2 AS a, Slotted2 AS b WHERE ...

Find duplicates #2
I know that Excel's advanced filter feature allows me to find unique items in a list, but I need to find duplicates in a list. I know how to write a formula I can put in a blank column, which will give me duplicates within my list after I copy the formula down, but this is a bit "too manual" for my needs. This requires me to write a new formula, or edit all the references, when I want the information in a new file. Is there a more "built-in" way of getting this info? Why isn't Microsoft giving me this option when they give me the ability to extract a list of unique ...

Automatically closing find and replace window
Is there a way in Access to automatically close or hide the find and replace dialog box after a match is located, instead of having to click the close button or hit the escape key? Thanks, Terry Terry, Since your using the Access Find and Replace there is no way you can close it. You could make your own Find and Replace form by using a recordsetclone using a FindFirst for your recordset. "Terry" wrote: > Is there a way in Access to automatically close or hide the find and replace > dialog box after a match is located, instead of having to click the close > butt...

Advance search by check box
Greeting, I have a form for search, in this form there is a combo box contains Major types once the user click on a command button a form open and shows all records that match combo box value selected. The query is working fine. But What I want to is making 3 check boxes that allow user making advance search. The fist check box is for married employees, second one for those who are grater than 30 years and the last one for those who are single. If the user checked married employee's check box, the form result shows all those who are married and so one. Thank you in advance You n...