Advanced Find Export to Excel

We have an Advanced Find that was created that has more than 10,000 records
being returned.  When we try to export the find into an excel spreadsheet,
only 10,000 of the records appear even though we chose to export the results
on all pages.  Is this a limitation of CRM 3.0?  If I do a count on the
records in sql, there should be 17,161.  Any information regarding this would
be much appreciated.  Thanks!!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi JC,

this is a standard limit. You can change this by editing the registry Keys.
Take a look at
http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/11/07/crm-registry-settings.aspx

There you´ll find the registry key "maxrecordsforexporttoexcel"

Best regards
Carsten

PS: Please vote for this Message, if it was helpfull.

"JC" wrote:

> We have an Advanced Find that was created that has more than 10,000 records
> being returned.  When we try to export the find into an excel spreadsheet,
> only 10,000 of the records appear even though we chose to export the results
> on all pages.  Is this a limitation of CRM 3.0?  If I do a count on the
> records in sql, there should be 17,161.  Any information regarding this would
> be much appreciated.  Thanks!!
Carsten,
Thanks for the link.  This is great as there are other settings listed in
here that I didn't realize were editable.  I appreciate the help!!

"Carsten" wrote:

> Hi JC,
>
> this is a standard limit. You can change this by editing the registry Keys.
> Take a look at
> http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/11/07/crm-registry-settings.aspx
>
> There you´ll find the registry key "maxrecordsforexporttoexcel"
>
> Best regards
> Carsten
>
> PS: Please vote for this Message, if it was helpfull.
>
> "JC" wrote:
>
> > We have an Advanced Find that was created that has more than 10,000 records
> > being returned.  When we try to export the find into an excel spreadsheet,
> > only 10,000 of the records appear even though we chose to export the results
> > on all pages.  Is this a limitation of CRM 3.0?  If I do a count on the
> > records in sql, there should be 17,161.  Any information regarding this would
> > be much appreciated.  Thanks!!
Is there comparable documentation for CRM4.0?  The MSDN site has no such
information specifically for CRM4.0, but the registry path stated in the 3.0
solution does not exist for CRM4.0.
--
HCL

"Carsten" wrote:

> Hi JC,
>
> this is a standard limit. You can change this by editing the registry Keys.
> Take a look at
> http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/11/07/crm-registry-settings.aspx
>
> There you´ll find the registry key "maxrecordsforexporttoexcel"
>
> Best regards
> Carsten
>
> PS: Please vote for this Message, if it was helpfull.
>
> "JC" wrote:
>
> > We have an Advanced Find that was created that has more than 10,000 records
> > being returned.  When we try to export the find into an excel spreadsheet,
> > only 10,000 of the records appear even though we chose to export the results
> > on all pages.  Is this a limitation of CRM 3.0?  If I do a count on the
> > records in sql, there should be 17,161.  Any information regarding this would
> > be much appreciated.  Thanks!!

Download from Web Application to Excel 2000
I am having no luck in being able to download a financial report into Excel 2000, WITHOUT having to first save as a .CSV file and then saving that as .XLS...any ideas as to why Excel doesn't open up directly...I am downloading from PeopleSoft with a link that says "Download to Excel" but the application doesn't open. Is this someting that can be corrected with the IE settings ? I'm using IE v6.0.2800 Any help would be greatly appreciated... Are you able to view the report normally on the web - If so then try Excel's Data / Import External data / New Web Query...

copy/paste text in Excel 2000
We have multiple users of MS Excel 2000. Some of them, when copying four distinct lines from a text-only file: twinkle twinkle little star and paste it into cell A1 of an Excel 2000 worksheet, it will paste all four lines into A1 and expand Row 1 to fit all four lines. Some people, however, are copying from the same text-only file and then pasting them into cell A1, and the first line of text appears in A1, the second line of text appears in A2, the third line of text appears in A3, etc. What do we need to do in order to have all 4 lines paste into just A1? Before pasting,...

Larger View on Starting Excel
Is there a way to have Excel load a new workbook that is larger. I have a small screen laptop with Office2003 and I have to go thru Vie:Zoom:Custom:130% when I use Excel. The other Office programs seem to open large enough for me so far. Thanks Hi John you can use the workbook_open event and change the zoom: Private Sub Workbook_Open() ActiveWindow.Zoom = 130 End Sub Though this will only zoom the active window HTH Frank john e wrote: > Is there a way to have Excel load a new workbook that is larger. I > have a small screen laptop with Office2003 and I have to go thru > Vie:...

Multiple Instances of Excel
I am getting annoyed by not being able to have multiple instances of Excel (being able to view two Excel workbooks at the same time. I have dual monitors and right now I'm stuck on one screen with this other beautiful screen going to waste. Anyone know of a way to allow me to have multiple workbooks open and on different screens? I've had this happen before, but I have no idea how I did it, it just happens every now and again as a fluke. I'm in XP using Excel 2000. Thanks! I don't know about the dual monitor situationm but you can have multiple copies of Excel running. Simp...

How can I use Excel 2003 to sit for exams which are in Excel 2000
I am to take an exam which is in Excel 2000 but my office is in Excel 2003. How do I go about it? Excel 2003 will read that excel 2000 file. You shouldn't have any problems. aguyo wrote: > > I am to take an exam which is in Excel 2000 but my office is in Excel 2003. > How do I go about it? -- Dave Peterson ...

Baffled by v2 advanced functions
The below advanced function works as I would expect. But if you remove the line of code that makes the nonsensical access to $MyArrayArgument.Length then it longer works the same way. Why? Example of the function in action: Echo-ArgValue 'one','two' $MyArrayArgument:one two But when you take that line of code out it changes thus: Echo-ArgValue 'one','two' $MyArrayArgument:one function Echo-ArgValue { [CmdletBinding()] Param( [Parameter(ValueFromPipeline=$true)] [string[]] $MyArrayArgument ) ...

How can I make Excel 2007 addins available to all users
I teach at a university. We have the enterprise edition of Office 2007 installed in each of our labs. Each computer has Office installed on its own hard disk. It isn't housed on a separate server. The system is set up so that each student logs on the the machine with their own username. This seems to be creating some problems with Excel addins. 1) We need the Solver and Analysis ToolPaks available to all students essentially all the time without needing to turn them on by navigating the Office Button> Excel Options> Addins.... sequences. Our techs have tried a few things, but ...

Minimise Excel after several minutes
Is it possible to have MS Excel 2003 minimise its self after several minutes when it's not in use? Wayne Wayne Not that I could think of, certainly through the GUI. It can be minimised through VBA but the difficulty would be detecting activity -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Wayne_Perth_WA" <WaynePerthWA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E615C678-FE96-4B15-920C-D227B8F55C31@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have MS Excel 2003 minimise its self after several > minutes &g...

Copying formulas in excel
I have the column A full with 252 entries. The formula I apply between cells A2 and A1 is: ln(A2/A1) and I get a result. I want to copy this formula but in a way that the Excel itself to perform the following calculation: ln(A3/A2) ln(A4/A4) ln(A5/A4) etc. I would be pleased if someone could tell me if I can achieve that. -- antonis Click on the first cell with a formula in it. A small black square should be at the bottom right corner of the outline of the cell. Click and drag this cell down; it should copy the formula the way you want. Szalapski -- TommySzalapski ------------------...

Excel 2000 issue.
Hi, I wanted help on this issue.... I have a list of items in an excel sheet with their descriptions adjacent to them... Ex: xyz abcd efg hijfkk kjkksg xyz Here xyz is in one cell and its description in the next cell that's from abcd to xyz. I have a list of these items. There are two specific words in the second cell i.e. description cell. I want to filter out the items and description from all the cells where these two words are found in the description field. Please help me with this issue. Thanks I'd use 3 helper columns. In the first helper column (say C) =ISNUMBER...

Excel 2007 painfully slow to open files
Having upgraded to Office 2007 (XP Pro, 1 Gb RAM Pentium 4 2.4GHz) I am finding Excel to be painfully slow even when opening small (50k) files by double clicking either the file or a shortcut. If I have Excel open and go through the ribbon menu to open the file from within Excel it opens immediately - it is only slow when opening a file via shortcut or double clicking the file with Excel closed. Is there a fix for this? Wowbagger wrote: > Having upgraded to Office 2007 (XP Pro, 1 Gb RAM Pentium 4 2.4GHz) I am > finding Excel to be painfully slow even when opening small (50k) f...

Exporting Email #2
Good Morning. Does anyone here in geekland know how to export a good three years of email to a disk? I want to put them on my other machine, but I've got no idea where to find them. Thanks in advance, Azul Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Azul Funk asked: | Good Morning....

how do i find color saffron in pub2003
old pub98 had color boxes to choose from now all i get is a color wheel impossible to find a specific color like saffron. please help chefmstobey1968 wrote: > old pub98 had color boxes to choose from now all i get is a color wheel > impossible to find a specific color like saffron. please help Make sure you go to Tools > Options and select Show basic colors in color palette -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

traversing a filtered range (excel 2007)
Hi. Here's what I am looking to achieve. I have a list of actions like such: Name action cost VAT Alex hamburger 3.59 1.2 Alex potato chips 5.06 1.6 John hamburger 3.59 1.2 Alex payment -3.59 -1.2 I also have a cell that should display balance. Now, what I want it to do is to display a calculational result over a FILTERED range, where filter is set via standard GUI. I am assuming formulas are of no use here (please correct me if I am wrong), so what I need to know is how...

style menu, excel 2007 sp2
Is there any way to turn off the "mini" menu of all the styles? I really just want the "conditional formatting" and "format as table" buttons, instead I have a bunch of additional formatting options. Thanks. ...

How do I get Excel not to display a result for a formula if input cell is blank?
That was so quick! Thank you so much! -- Zelly ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Zelly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15099 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267327 ...

Does Publisher integrate with excel or word?
Does anyone know if the new Publisher integrates with Excel or Word? For example, if I have a table in an Excel file that someone else in the office is working on, will it integrate and automatically update that information in the publication? Insert, object, create from file, check link, browse to the file. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "akdouglas" <akdouglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:690F198A-53F0-489D-AD75-79F62CEE2380@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if the new Pu...

export access to excel. change access & update excel at same time
I can export access database into an excel file. What I want to do is when I add or change information in the database I would like it to automatically update excel. Is this possible? Thank you. ...

Excel 97 Tools/Options
Excel 97 loaded on new pc as part of Office 97. When try to use Tools/Options, get error message "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close" 2 users on pc - user with no Excel files doesn't have the problem. Hi, This is a known bug in XL97: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;108032 (url all on one line!) Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel TA/MVP >-----Original Message----- >Excel 97 loaded on new pc as part of Office 97. When try >to use Tools/Options, get error message "Microsoft Excel >has encountered a pro...

XML in Excel
I work with a website that accepts properly formatted XML documents to do the transactions that I need to do everyday. I was trying to find a way to make these XML documents in Excel because they are quite extensive and all of the data that I use to make the documents is stored in a bunch of Excel documents that I use to make calculations. I tried making a small XML transaction in notepad and then opening it up in Excel and excel opened it up nicely, but then I tried saving it from excel as an XML document and it seriously screwed it up putting all of my data in string tags and adding hundr...

excel data base
hi there. i need some help please guys. i have exported some names & telephone numbers from a software packag (sms centre) & im trying 2import them in2 a package called e-txt. thes packages reads csv files. ive encountered a problem my exported files r saved in excel lik this... name country code area code phone number joe bloggs 44 07977 797898 but the e-txt database fields r as follows 1st name surname phone number joe bloggs 447977797898 how do i con...

Need help with Excel and database...
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with data that I need to get into a SQL database. What is the best way to do that? Thanks, Dan Might not be the best way, but it's certainly a way: It includes examples of using variables in SQL queries. http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sql.html Or you can get there from the "Excel with Access Databases" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm It demonstrates how to use SQL in Excel's VBA to: * create a database, * create a table and add data to it, * select data from a table, * delete a table, * delete a databas...

Weird Excel Issue
When I take the following number 2481030076751701 and put it into excel, it displays the number as 2481030076751700. I have the column formated as number. Why is is changing the last digit, and how can I correct the problem. Thanks It's not wierd. It's expected. The number precision in Excel is 15 digits. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "Joe Medford" wrote: > When I take the following number 2481030076751701 and put it into excel, it > displays the number as 2481030076751700. I have the column formated as > number. Why is is changing the last digit, and how...

Shapes not printing in Excel 07
I have several shapes with and without text in Excel 07 that printed 2 mos ago. Now I am printing and the shapes do not print. Running on VISTA. Are shapes' properties set to "Print Object"? Right-click on a shape and Size and Properties?Properties. Or maybe you have your print setup>sheet set for Draft Quality and the shapes are colored? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:07:03 -0800, Roberta <Roberta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have several shapes with and without text in Excel 07 that printed 2 mos >ago. Now I...

Large Excel file will not open
I have a new computer Sempron 2600+, 512 megs ram, with Windows XP Pro and Office Basic 2003 installed. I have an Excel file created on a Windows 98 computer with Excel 2002. I have copied the file to the new computer an am unable to open the excel file. The excel file is approx 65 megs in size. Whenever it goes to open the file it gets about half open, then I get an error Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications. Then it tries to repair the file, then finally extracts the data from the file. This same file opens fine o...