1 From:  Lee - view profile
Date:  Tues, Feb 8 2005 8:09 am
Email:   l.hargr...@btinternet.com (Lee)
Groups:   microsoft.public.crm

Hi,
I have built an expression using the advanced tool and then ordered
the results by one of the displayed columns. However, when I try to
export the results to excel there is a difference between the advanced
find results and what actually gets exported to excel!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
Lee

0
Smita
8/30/2006 12:09:53 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi, I haven't seen a response to this yet.  I am explaining the problem
in more detail. I would greatly appreciate a solution. Thanks.

Problem:
In one custom entity, when I export data from Advanced Find query
results, the resulting Excel sheet shows data from the wrong column in
one particular column of the exported data.

Checks done so far:
The data is showing up correctly in the CRM interface.  It also shows
up correctly in the Advanced Find results. We tried exporting from
another workstation, using a different user profile, it didn't make any
difference.
The data field from which it is picking up the results has a schema
name very similar to the one it is incorrectly assigning it to. One is
hmg_p_cmtkw, the other is hmg_p_cmtkwh .. the only difference being the
"h" at the end.  Is CRM not looking at all 12 characters in the schema
name?

- Smita

Smita wrote:
> Hi, This message pasted below below is from Feb 2006, there are no
> Find query data, and the resulting Excel sheet shows data from the
> wrong column in one place. Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks a
> lot.
>
> - Smita
>
> ---
> 1 From:  Lee - view profile
> Date:  Tues, Feb 8 2005 8:09 am
> Email:   l.hargr...@btinternet.com (Lee)
> Groups:   microsoft.public.crm
>

> Hi,
> I have built an expression using the advanced tool and then ordered
> the results by one of the displayed columns. However, when I try to
> export the results to excel there is a difference between the advanced
> find results and what actually gets exported to excel!
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?
>

> Thanks
> Lee

0
Smita
9/6/2006 9:54:50 PM
I got a response for this problem from MS Tech support (the CRM tech
support staff have been incredibly responsive).

This bug is recorded under
KB Article Number(s): 920763
applicable to CRM 3.0

There is a Hotfix for this available from MS.

- Smita

Smita wrote:
> Hi, I haven't seen a response to this yet.  I am explaining the problem
> in more detail. I would greatly appreciate a solution. Thanks.
>
> Problem:
> In one custom entity, when I export data from Advanced Find query
> results, the resulting Excel sheet shows data from the wrong column in
> one particular column of the exported data.
>
> Checks done so far:
> The data is showing up correctly in the CRM interface.  It also shows
> up correctly in the Advanced Find results. We tried exporting from
> another workstation, using a different user profile, it didn't make any
> difference.
> The data field from which it is picking up the results has a schema
> name very similar to the one it is incorrectly assigning it to. One is
> hmg_p_cmtkw, the other is hmg_p_cmtkwh .. the only difference being the
> "h" at the end.  Is CRM not looking at all 12 characters in the schema
> name?
>

> - Smita
>

> Smita wrote:
> > Hi, This message pasted below below is from Feb 2006, there are no
> > Find query data, and the resulting Excel sheet shows data from the
> > wrong column in one place. Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks a
> > lot.
> >
> > - Smita
> >
> > ---
> > 1 From:  Lee - view profile
> > Date:  Tues, Feb 8 2005 8:09 am
> > Email:   l.hargr...@btinternet.com (Lee)
> > Groups:   microsoft.public.crm
> >

> > Hi,
> > I have built an expression using the advanced tool and then ordered
> > the results by one of the displayed columns. However, when I try to
> > export the results to excel there is a difference between the advanced
> > find results and what actually gets exported to excel!
> >
> > Has anyone else experienced this?
> >

> > Thanks
> > Lee

0
Smita

Using Relative path for XML data file?

find action on log file

More Columns #2

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Document Viewer installer error

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

data sort

how to find an item in a list control?

Pulling data from separate tabs

Error 550 Relaying denied