Advanced find, and the grouping and ungrouping of clauses

One of my users has come with this replicable issue:
1. Put in a number of line items in the Advanced Find, select the rows, and
click "Group OR"
2. Run it - - it works fine.
3. Go back, ungroup the selection.
4. Add another line item, select rows, and click on the "Group OR"

What happens:
1. The "OR" clause doesn't appear
2. The first line item in the Advanced Find disappears
3. There is a message of "Error on page"

If you attempt to click "Group OR" again, the NEXT line item in the Advanced
Find disappears.

Has anyone else experienced this?  What did you do as a solution?
Thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Oct 15, 8:59 pm, SKaufmann <SKaufm...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> One of my users has come with this replicable issue:
> 1. Put in a number of line items in the Advanced Find, select the rows, and
> click "Group OR"
> 2. Run it - - it works fine.
> 3. Go back, ungroup the selection.
> 4. Add another line item, select rows, and click on the "Group OR"
>
> What happens:
> 1. The "OR" clause doesn't appear
> 2. The first line item in the Advanced Find disappears
> 3. There is a message of "Error on page"
>
> If you attempt to click "Group OR" again, the NEXT line item in the Advanced
> Find disappears.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?  What did you do as a solution?
> Thanks

Yes,  I have experienced this today and am still searching for an
answer.

0
sarah

find an Outlook Web Access Tutorial?
Where can I find an Outlook Web Access tutorial? -- Fishman4 Ask in an Exchange group - OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Fishman4 asked: | Where can I find an Outlook Web Access tutorial? ...

DPM 2010 not find tape drive
We have a new backup server running 2008 R2 and DPM 2010. With on that system we have a signle HP SCSI U160 tape drive. For the life of me DPM will not see this tape drive, I go into libraries and do a rescn but I don't see the tape drive pop up. Any ideas are singles tape drives supported? Here are the list of DPM supported tapes drives: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/dpm/cc678583.aspx stand-alone/single-drives are supported: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb809148.aspx -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA ...

How can I find and delete tabs and carriage returns ?
When I save an Excel worksheet as a tab-delimited text file, I get additional carriage returns in rows below the data I'm interested in exporting. When I view the text file in Word, I see all the additional tabs and carriage returns. I've tried going back and clearing (tried Edit/Clear/All and Edit/Delete) those rows from the spreadsheet and then creating a new text file but the tabs and carriage returns are still there. Can anybody help me eliminate these control characters? I guess I could just copy the cells of interest to a new spreadsheet but I'd like to know how...

Assign task cannot find object
I am using Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) to assign a task to another user. Sending the task results in the following error message: The object cannot be found. The task appears in my task list assigned to the specified user with a status of 'waiting for response from recipient'. However, the notification email is never sent to the assigned user. We are using Exchange Server 2003 on Small Business Server. Thanks in advance for any help or advice ou can offer. ...

find value from a query
I have a dynamic qryParametersLast in which I have a field cboClassification that I must now search through to determine a value to place in the report header. In descending order the values for cboClassification are secret, confidential, FOUO and unclass. If secret is there then the header is secret, if no secret but confidential then the header is confidential, etc... I have absolutley no idea as to how to go about doing this. Can someone point me down the right path? Thanks Dave I thought I read a similar question recently where it was suggested you have a table that describes the ord...

Find field in CRM and Case search in CRM
hey: I have a ton of cases with emails attached/regarding each case individually. How can we search these cases for all cases that have a common element, for example: I want to search all my cases for the word "disconnect" to see if it appears ANYWHERE in the case, email, title, or part of this case. Anyone know how I can do this? FYI: Building a specialized advanced find won't work because I need the ability to search ANY word -- today I want Disconnect tomorrow, latency, etc... Actually, an Advanced Find might be a good way to go, because you can save your Advanced F...

Error: failed to create windows users/groups or add the sql loggin
I'm trying to install MS POS 2.0 on SBS 2003 But after install I get this error: Error details: failed to create windows users/groups or add the sql loggins. This is from the after database install wizard. So I cannot start the program without finishing this wizard. Do you know where is the problem? Thanks beba wrote: > Do you know where is the problem? > > Thanks Restore database manually via osql/sqlcmd or sql management studio.. do you have the privileges to restore a database on your sql server? or the admin rights? cod "cod" wrote: > beba wrot...

what does the outline tool icon look like and how do I find it?
I have spent hours trying to do a table of contents following the 2003 Word directions. No luck. Can anyone give me step-by-step directions. Every time I hit the ok in the table of contents box, it comes back "can't find ...." Now what? I can't find the outline icon on my toolbar. What does it look like? I am a novice, so please bear with me. See http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html for instructions you can follow. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Professo...

Finding Accounts with no related Contacts CRM 3.0
Hi, I am trying to find all accounts where there are no related contacts but cannot work out the advanced find syntax to do this. I presume I am just missing something obvious. any ideas. Thanks Justin Hi Justin, You are not missing anything. CRM does not support a NOT operator in queries. You can easily search for accounts that do have at least one contact, but the opposite does not work. The only workaround is a report or some kind of server task (service, plug-in, workflow) setting a count attribute in an account whenever a contact is assigned or removed from an account, so that y...

How do I find out my server?
I don't know how to find out what the server and the other thing for incoming and outcoming messages. I Don't know my e-mail provider is because you can make your own email. I need some help thanks :) "Jmfire94" <Jmfire94@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24959DA3-EB1F-49CD-A78F-E45C7D401090@microsoft.com... >I don't know how to find out what the server and the other thing for >incoming > and outcoming messages. I Don't know my e-mail provider is because you can > make your own email. I need some help thanks :) What...

Outlook Express News enable group selection when putting in order
When required to "combine and download messages" in OutLook Express, only one file can be moved at a time. I am suggesting that multiple message part selection via the shift/control key be enabled in the same manner that it is in all other file manager applications. I.E. When someone posts a message with many parts and the message parts numbers range from 01 to 199, I must move 99 messages which are all in sequence. I currently must do this one at a time...very time consuming and hard on the hand!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft res...

"IF" "THEN" Clauses?
I need to figure out a formula for the following senario: I have three columns; Column "A" has is a list of "license" numbers; Column B Would be a name associated with that number; and Column C is a the result of a question regarding Column A. I have a list of 49 plus and growing license numbers associated with individuals. Data is coming in on a daily basis. The formula that I need to create would be something like this: If A1 = 18, then put Jim Jones in Column B, but if Colume A1 = 2350, then put Josh Smith in Column B Like I mentioned there is a listing of 49 pl...

Can't find AutoRecover file in path specified in Options dialog.
I had a file open in Excel 2002 in which I made some changes, and then mistakenly closed without saving. But after making those changes, and before closing, it had remained open for over an hour. I'd like to recover those changes, and the path specified in the "AutoRecover save location:" text box in the Options - Save dialog tab is: C:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\ However, I couldn't find a *.xls file in that directory. (The only thing in that folder is a file named Excel10.xlb and another folder named XLSTART). I don'...

Finding duplicate records in multiple worksheets
Each month I run a employee FT/PT status vs avg hrs worked exception report which is exported to Excel. I manually flag repeat occurances (employee on the report 3 mos, etc.). I would like to run a query which would compare up to 12 monthly worksheets and count the number of times an employee was on the monthly reports. This count would be part of the new monthly report each month. If your data were laid out nicely, it sounds like you could use a pivottable. If you have the employees name in column A, the date in column B, You could select your range in columns A:B and then data|p...

Advanced Find tab selections conflict
Has anyone noticed that in Outlook 2003 the advanced find selections can conflict between tabs (ie, different search phrases specified on the Messages tab and on the Advanced tab). Sometimes the selections are additive, sometimes one overrides another, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Is there something that Microsoft has published that explains this Advanced Find behavior? Note: this is one of those "just curious" posts, so unless you too are really bugged by this or know the answer, just laugh and move on... Ray Which fields are you...

Can't access "Advanced" functions on folders
Upgraded my laptop from Win2K to XP, Office 2K to 2003 - all at once. Previous Outlook install included two profiles - one for online, one for remote. Both profiles use the same 3 PST files. After upgrade, I can see all three PSTs and access mail in all three under both profiles. But in one profile, I cannot get the "advanced" button to work, as follows: - Right-click on top-level folder (PST, mailbox, remote folders) - Select "Properties" - Click on "Advanced" button In the roaming profile, this brings up the advanced functions for the PSTs, (it brings up the...

FINALLY
www.eternal-september.org Servername = news.eternal-september.org You must register first at their Website, and unlike some creepy commercial organizations, this is ran by true old-school techies, University Students & enthusiasts, for FREE. I've been hunting down for free newsgroups for approx. a ayear since my provider dropped Usenet. I did find lengthy directories of free/cheap groups whose owner eithger carelessly forgot to enable user identification or for whatever reason, so-called free. They all last a limited time and then someone "closes the backdoor&qu...

Mark messages as read in a Group
We have a distribution contact group set up for our department. If one member of the group marks the message as read is there a why to make all of the other group members to see that the message has been read? You haven't explained where the message is when it is marked as Read. Is it in a shared Mailbox? Is it in a person's Inbox? Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "thomasa" <thomasa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E07FDD53-9239-4926-B554-36109210B42B@microsoft.com... > We have a distribution c...

finding specific values in a within a file
Hi everyone, Can anyone guide me on how to search through a huge file and look on specific column and if it finds a discrepancy on that column that does not conform to a specific criteria, Also some of the rows may be blank so I would like to ignore these ie (1) Numeric and (3) alpha chars F123 or G333..etc, etc! then idientify it and highlight it or redirect that whole row to a new worksheet (errors)within john watson F300 2005 234567 mary millington g306 2002 343567 tony hancock hi45 2004 999999 Andy Pandy 2006 465382 Frederick Smith T302 2005 888883 John Semple VIiv 2005 2...

Advanced Security Accelerator
Hi I'm trying to implement advanced security and I was wondering if anyone knew what the Accelerator is and what it does. I was unable to find any documentation on it. If you have GP 8, there is an Advanced Security user guide that ships with the software. You should also be able to download the user guide from CustomerSource or PartnerSource, whichever is applicable. To answer your question regarding the Accelerator, the security information is stored in Accelerator tables. I believe that Accelerator is necessary for you to be able to select the top-level object and use it to quic...

MS Excel VBA DAO SQL where clause cell
Hi I'm trying to get a table of data from MS Access to MS Excel via VBA DAO programming. In my worksheet call 'Data' in cell D14 there is my string value call "toys & Chairs" I can get the DATA into MS Excel without the Where clause in my SQL VBA script. The problem is when I use the WHERE clause which sources its value from cell D14... In my VBA code. Firstly, cell D14 is defined in VBA: Dim r1 As String r1 = Range("D14") Secondly, MY SQL is: SQL = "LVL_1, LVL_2, LVL_3" SQL = SQL & " FROM table_ABC" SQL = SQL &...

Formula for finding an element
Hi, I have a spreadsheet: 1 2 100 5 6 200 5 11 300 I want to find a row which where first column has a specific value and the second column has a specific value, and print a value in the third column. So, I want something like: = FIND_VALUE (A1:A3 ; 5 ; B1:B3 ; 6 ; C1) // finds 5 in the first column and 6 in the second And it should show the value 200 One way... Array entered** : =INDEX(C1:C3,MATCH(1,IF(A1:A3=5,IF(B1:B3=6,1)),0)) ** array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key...

Group and Outline
Hi I have a list of my MP3 collection, with artist, track and album columns. I'd like to be able to group these so I get a "bottom line" of artist and album. I thought the group & outline feature could do this, but I have struggled with it and got nowhere. As I have over 5000 rows, some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Gavin. One way: Assume Artist in column A, Album in Column B, and your measure of interest in column C. Sort your list by Column A, then Column B. Choose Data/Subtotals. Select column A for the At each change in: dropdown, and click OK. C...

Tracking an email <<advanced>>
Hello Everyone, I have just received a request to find out the path an email sent by our President took. She sent it out to everyone in the company and they want to know what everyone did with that email. eg - forwared it outside of the company or whatever....I have message tracking on and have the logs I need but it doesn't give me an option to track by subject. Only ID or sender....Ant suggestions would be appreciated. Chris You could use logparser to query the message tracking logs based on the message subject. Logparser is a cool tool from MS that is free to download and use.... s...

recovery storage group #2
As far as I understand, in exchange 2003, the recovery storage group purpose is to let us restore a database and its mailboxes. But it can't be done without mounting a new mailbox database on ANOTHER exchange server inside the same administrative group. But, we're not that big so only one exchange server is needed here. QUESTION: most of the time, if not all the time, a user needs to retrieve an old email, not all its mailbox. However, can we simply restore an email within a user mailbox from a backup instead to restore everything on another exchange server and then take it back ...