Adding Word Templates in CRM 3.0

Hello all,

Our company recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2.  In 1.2, there was button
where I could add Word doc templates to use as contract templates.  I am
unable to locate this functionality in 3.0.   Any directions would be greatly
appreciated.   Thanks.

0
Marcos (14)
1/31/2008 6:06:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Marcos,
I guess you were using some third party addon in CRM 1.2 which is not
updated for CRM 3.

--
uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP
CRM Freelance Consultant

"Marcos" wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Our company recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2.  In 1.2, there was button
> where I could add Word doc templates to use as contract templates.  I am
> unable to locate this functionality in 3.0.   Any directions would be greatly
> appreciated.   Thanks.

0
imumar (138)

2nd Exchange 2003 Server install failed during setup. PLEASE HELP! #3
I received the following error message in the middle of the second Exchange2003 setup.during Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration setup "Setup failed while Creating Active Directory objects for Microsoft Exchange Server-Level Objects (error 0x80072030: There is no such object on the server" . In event viewer i have: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSetup Event Category: Microsoft Exchange Setup Event ID: 1002 Date: 15/09/2005 Time: 12.04.11 User: N/A Computer: MAILTEST Description: Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Serv...

crm mobile connection problems
Seems like everyone else's problems get past the three websites that they should be able to access (ssCERDA, CRMMobileSubscriptions, etc.). My problem, however, is that I can't even get access to these websites on either the mobile or a webpage. All I get is a standard 404 error. Any suggests on what I should check or do? Also, this is a direct connection through ActiveSync. Connection is set to "connected to: The Internet". Error on the mobile client side says: "cannot connect with current connection settings. To chang eyour settings, tap settings" N...

Auto Sort #3
I have a chart that the range is A9:AR25 with the headings being in ro 8(A8:AR8). I am trying to find out how I can have this char automatically sort the data when a new value is entered, sort first b column AR, if tied then by column AI and finally if still tied b column AO -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com record a macro of your sort and then place within a worksheet change event in the sheet module -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Rob04 >" <<Rob04.163lpk@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Rob04.163lpk@excelforum-nospam.co...

Can the "track in CRM" dialogue box for the Outlook be customised?
We are running CRM 3.0 with a mixture of Outlook 2003 and 2007 clients, with the CRM integration plugin installed. Is it possible to customise the window that pops up when the "Track in CRM - Set Regarding" button is clicked in an email? There does not seem to be any way of filtering the list of cases etc that is returned in this window, and once you have more than a few dozen cases in the system, relating an email to the correct case gets increasingly time consuming. To be able to filter automatically on non-resolved cases would be ideal. Any ideas anyone? Thanks ...

Adding a chart to a Word template linked to an Excel doc.
Hi. I have a template in Word that I run a report on from an excel spreadsheet using mail merge. I need to add a chart to view a 12-week progress on the template, but I can't seem to make this work. When I enter a chart, it does not let me link to my spreadsheet. Even if I enter the excel chart, it does not let me link to my spreadsheet. I have 130 records to update, so I would think the mail merge is what I want to be using. Help!! Thanks, Bobbie ...

I need a large print business card template.
I'm legally blind and often need to share my basic info, name, address, phone number, and e-mail address with other visually people. I need a business card template with no graphics or logo that would have large print; maybe 18-pt for the name and the rest in 14-pt Arial font. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide to this beginning user! Will you need the standard size business card? Do you have the business card stock or will you be using a special size and manually cutting. What version Publisher are you using? In file, page setup, select business card. You will hav...

formatting columns #3
This is the first time I've posted to this group. I have some how managed to get by using Excel while never having any training with it. With that said here's my question/problem. I also use Access and I'm exporting a query from Access to Excel. The query has many dimensional entries. An example would be; Part # 1 Hole Size 1 Hole Size 2 Hole Size 3 2.000 2.001 2.004 Part # 2 Hole Size 1 Hole Size 2 Hole Size 3 2.001 1.999 2.002 Part # 3 Hole Size 1 Hole Size 2 Hole Size 3 2.002 2.001 2.003 ...

Pivot Table Calculations #3
I am trying to create a Pivot Table to show the WOS (weeks of stock) by week over 2005, 2006 and 2007 for certain product families. WOS = OH/AWS where OH = On Hands (available data) and AWS = Average weekly sales (also available data). I did the WOS calculations myself on Excel and used the data to throw it in a pivot table. When I'm displaying an individual SKU from a certain product line of a certain product family my numbers are right. The problem is whenever I collapse it further to see the whole product line (or the whole product family), I see a sum of my WOS for all the SKU's ...

Import template
I would like to create a set of Bulk Import templates for Accounts, Leads, and Contacts. Particularly w/ Marketing & Purchased Lists, the format is the same and some of the field values are the same. If we had a template to use for imports, we would not have to do the manual mapping for every field every time we import a purchase list into CRM. -- Carroll Little Vis.align, LLC 484-696-3026 www.visalign.com ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&...

mailboxes are not being created when I create new AD user account
Even though I select the check box asking that a mailbox be created nothing is created. This has been an ongoing issue with our exchange server. What I have been doing is just renaming old accounts and deleting all the mail data essentially cleaning out and old mailbox to give to a new user. I have run out of old accounts. Like I said this has been an ongoing issue. When it first occurred it only happpened sometimes. But now I am not able to create a new NT account that creates a mailbox. I have tried creating an account without a mailbox then trying to go through 'exchange tasks...

Publisher 2003 #3
I just visited the Microsoft Publisher 2003 site and it implies that it needs Windows XP. True? -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! True. Only mistake I made with XP was not upgrading sooner/earlier. I probably left it for hmmm must be twelve months - bad mistake. XP overall is magic. Not much I can complain about with XP, and those things that I can are small most likely personal things. I cannot say I have any major gripe with XP - intermediate gripe - not really overall is excellent. -- Wrong! Win2000 with SP3 will also work (have tes...

Web ads missing in IE 8
I've place some ads for my business on several established web sites. When I visit the page where they should be, none of the site's ads show up but the the rest of the site content is fine. This is only happening on my 2 computers running XP with IE8. Each has a different antivirus program. I've tried looking at popup blocker issues, compatability view settings, reloading Flash, etc. The sites (with the ads) are fine on Firefox. Any ideas would be appreciated. Bookworks wrote: > I've place some ads for my business on several established web > sites. When ...

IE8 group policies in Server 2003 AD domain?
OK, first of all can this be done? I see conflicting info about .adm vs ..admx templates. Are full .adm templates available for IE8? The advice I have seen to find the .adm template in C:\Windows\IE8 has resulted in an adm file dated 1-1-2007 and it sure doesn't seem to contain policies pertaining to 8 or even 7. My situation is an AD domain with XPSP3 clients and W2K3 servers and I don't see us updating in the near future but I have been told to go to IE8. If need be I can put a Vista or Win7 machine on the domain to manage the IE8 policies if they can then be appli...

CRM Sales for Outlook 10-20-04
Do I have to do more than publish customizations and restart IIS on my CRM server in order for the customizations to show in Sales for Outlook? I tried just publishing and restarting and the change didn't show in Sales for Outlook. Does it just take longer? I seem to remember reading that you have to do at least one offline sync for the customizations to populate down. -- Paul Papanek Stork MBA, CTT+, MCT, MCSE+I, MCSA, MCAD, MCDBA Solutient of Ohio, INC. email: pstork <<at>> solutient.com visit ME at: <<http://info.cwru.edu/pstork/>> "Erin Swift&qu...

template downloads
using Excell 2000, wont allow dowloads from office online, the templates. It starts to then gives the window, "has encountered a problem and needs to shut down". I can DL all other product templates. I have dl'ed all patches available. ...

How do i search a spreadsheet without a full word?
Ok i couldn't think how to word that in to a question very well (it early and i need a smoke).. Say i column 1 has several names, i wanna find the name of someon called.. erm i dunno.. 'Dave'.. my search feature i have present mean i have to type 'Dave' to find 'Dave', but what about 'David'? I jus wanna beable to type 'Dav' and find all the 'daves' and 'davids'. tryed recording a macro of myself doing the good ol' excel searc (ctrl+f). Now that worked a charm.. except when it doesn't fin anything and i get the error "O...

Show only required data and transfer to MS Word
I have a spreadsheet that shows some materials we use in our company The first column shows a description of the material, the second colum shows the catalogue number of the material and the third column is lef open for the user to enter in the required quantity. I have attached to the spreadsheet a command button but I need som help with the VB coding. What I'd like to do is have the user enter th required quantities in the 3rd column and then click on this comman button which would then only show the rows that have had quantitie entered. If I could get this done it would be sufficient...

Convert Access 2.0 to Access 2000
I need to convert an Access 2.0 database running in Windows 3.95 on one computer to Access 2000 in Windows 98 on another computer on our network. I don't even know where to start. Would there be any benefit to doing an intermediate conversion from 2.0 to 97 and then from 97 to 2000? That is an option for me. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. > Would there be any benefit to doing an intermediate > conversion from 2.0 to 97 and then from 97 to 2000? That Yes, some things will break in converting from 2.0 to 97, and you can fix them before converting from 97 to...

User logon name: President #3
I've got another problem with my boss's account. His user name is President, but his Alias is f.e. AAA (email AAA.BBB@domena). Almost everything is working (OMA, OWA, exchange mail access), but when I'm trying to connect from Outlook 2003 using POP3 is saying that pop3 doesn't accept user name or password - President as well as AAA (alias). In other accounts this is working good. Is maybe President prohibited user name? Regards Filip ...

GP 9.0 GL Analysis Cube does not show correct YTD Balance
I am reposting this question for Microsoft to research and respond to. I have tried a few workarounds (as suggested in the thread below and some more) with no success. Any help is appreciated! The original thread can be found at: http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains&p=1&tid=5e0d31eb-8459-4717-a11a-f243c1852062 Thanks. I have answered this question at: http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?&query=GP+9.0+an...

MOSS classes for GP 10.0?
Hello: I need to learn as much as I can about Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) and specifically on how it relates to GP 10.0. I have e-mailed people at MBS University, but they are not being forthcoming with information on MOSS classes. I am interested primarily in online rather than in classroom-style classes. Does anyone know if there are any classes out there in MOSS for GP 10.0? Thanks! childofthe1980s Generally, you should start with Microsoft.com for getting trained on technology that is not specific to MBS applications. Here's a link to an online course I foun...

Word 2007 automation
Hi I need to insert some HTML-styled text into a Word 2007 document. As far as I know you cannot directly insert HTML into Word, because it needs to be converted first. So I save the HTML as a temporary file and use InsertRange to insert it into my document. Here is my code: string TempFileSaveDir = "c:\\word"; private void InsertHTML(Document pDoc, string pHTML) { Guid _guid = Guid.NewGuid(); string _fileName = TempFileSaveDir + "\\" + _guid.ToString() + ".html"; TextWriter tw = new StreamWriter(_fileName, false, Encoding.UTF8); ...

Concatenating 3 fileds into a new field
I have a table : ID Name Faculty Department Year_entered Output 1 allen 4 103 07 2 Sarah 4 102 07 3 Steve 3 103 07 4 Kris 2 107 06 5 Dove 1 109 05 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ when i manually key in SQL, i need to concatenate "Faculty", "Department" and "Year_Entered" so the "output" should be: For Allen --> 41037 for Sarah --> 410207 For Steve --> 410307 For dove --...

Adding an image to a form in run time
I have an application which enables the user to enter the parameters of a new project, which will help size the project and estimate a cost. As part of the application, I want to add an image of the finished product. I've ried every combinatin of controls: image, bound & unbound objects, but have not found the solution. The ideal situation would be to have a default image on the form, with a button that would trigger code to allow the user to browse for a different picture, and replace the original. It could be a link relationship to the picture, but the application i...

Add CRM case number in all emails sent from CRM Case.
Hallo All, Could anyone help me to get CRM Number under CRM Email Subject. Regards, Syed. Hi, This is what we have used in email entity OnLoad event. You can modify to make it suitable for your requirement. var FORM_TYPE_CREATE = 1; var ENTITY_TYPE_INCIDENT = 112; if (crmForm.FormType == FORM_TYPE_CREATE) { if (window.opener) { var oParentCrmForm = window.opener.document.all.crmForm; if (oParentCrmForm && oParentCrmForm.ObjectTypeCode == ENTITY_TYPE_INCIDENT) { var caseNumber = oParentCrmForm.all.ticketnumber.DataValue; crmForm.all.subje...