Adding Tax as percentage and calculating gross amount

Newbie. I want to apply a tax % rate rather than a monetary value to quotes
and orders.Unlike the US we have a single national rate of 17.5%. Do I need
the SDK to action this?

There doesn't appear to be any means in deployment manager or forms
customisation to insert formulas or scripts against fields. Guess I was
hoping for an easy ride as usual....

Can anybody give me any pointers on how I would achieve this?

Cheers,

Rav
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Rav,

Quick tip.  Add a new, required, picklist field called VATRate.

Add the picklist to the form.  Add values: blank, 17.5, 0 (because you will
have 0 rate for some items).

In the "OnChange" event for the picklist calculate the tax.

Stephen

"Ravabelli" <Ravabelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Newbie. I want to apply a tax % rate rather than a monetary value to
> quotes
> and orders.Unlike the US we have a single national rate of 17.5%. Do I
> need
> the SDK to action this?
>
> There doesn't appear to be any means in deployment manager or forms
> customisation to insert formulas or scripts against fields. Guess I was
> hoping for an easy ride as usual....
>
> Can anybody give me any pointers on how I would achieve this?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rav

0
Stephen
8/17/2004 2:27:18 PM
Just be aware that this calcultion will not kick in automatically when you add
additional products after the fact.  You will need to manaully change the
picklist again to trigger the calculation.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:27:18 +0100, "Stephen Redmond" <noreply__stephen@crm.ie>
wrote:

Rav,

Quick tip.  Add a new, required, picklist field called VATRate.

Add the picklist to the form.  Add values: blank, 17.5, 0 (because you will
have 0 rate for some items).

In the "OnChange" event for the picklist calculate the tax.

Stephen

"Ravabelli" <Ravabelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Newbie. I want to apply a tax % rate rather than a monetary value to
> quotes
> and orders.Unlike the US we have a single national rate of 17.5%. Do I
> need
> the SDK to action this?
>
> There doesn't appear to be any means in deployment manager or forms
> customisation to insert formulas or scripts against fields. Guess I was
> hoping for an easy ride as usual....
>
> Can anybody give me any pointers on how I would achieve this?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rav

0
Matt
8/17/2004 3:33:59 PM
There is examples on msdn.

If you are worried about what the sales guys are doing, you could add a post
callout to do the calculation when they save the quote.

> Thanks Stephen sounds reasonable, just have to learn the scripting
> language
> now! If you know anywhere I could get samples (I'm just familiar with
> Javascript) kindly let me know.
>
> "Stephen Redmond" wrote:
>
>> Rav,
>>
>> Quick tip.  Add a new, required, picklist field called VATRate.
>>
>> Add the picklist to the form.  Add values: blank, 17.5, 0 (because you
>> will
>> have 0 rate for some items).
>>
>> In the "OnChange" event for the picklist calculate the tax.
>>

>> Stephen
>>

>> "Ravabelli" <Ravabelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Newbie. I want to apply a tax % rate rather than a monetary value to
>> > quotes
>> > and orders.Unlike the US we have a single national rate of 17.5%. Do I
>> > need
>> > the SDK to action this?
>> >
>> > There doesn't appear to be any means in deployment manager or forms
>> > customisation to insert formulas or scripts against fields. Guess I was
>> > hoping for an easy ride as usual....
>> >
>> > Can anybody give me any pointers on how I would achieve this?
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> >
>> > Rav

0
Stephen
8/17/2004 5:05:59 PM
Rav,

As Stephen mentioned, you could add a Post Callout to the system to perform the
calculation.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 08:47:01 -0700, Ravabelli
<Ravabelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Thanks Matt

In that case I'd expect to get a lot of incorrect quotations. On good days
our sales team are getting additional equipment added to an order so there is
sure to be a problem. Is there a solution that could force the tax and grand
total items to calculate without manual intervention?

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Just be aware that this calcultion will not kick in automatically when you add
> additional products after the fact.  You will need to manaully change the
> picklist again to trigger the calculation.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:27:18 +0100, "Stephen Redmond" <noreply__stephen@crm.ie>
> wrote:
>
> Rav,
>
> Quick tip.  Add a new, required, picklist field called VATRate.
>
> Add the picklist to the form.  Add values: blank, 17.5, 0 (because you will
> have 0 rate for some items).
>
> In the "OnChange" event for the picklist calculate the tax.
>

> Stephen
>

> "Ravabelli" <Ravabelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Newbie. I want to apply a tax % rate rather than a monetary value to
> > quotes
> > and orders.Unlike the US we have a single national rate of 17.5%. Do I
> > need
> > the SDK to action this?
> >
> > There doesn't appear to be any means in deployment manager or forms
> > customisation to insert formulas or scripts against fields. Guess I was
> > hoping for an easy ride as usual....
> >
> > Can anybody give me any pointers on how I would achieve this?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Rav

0
Matt

Adding if to Average If Array function
Hi, I recently had help understanding the following formula {=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(IF(Score>0,Score))),"",AVERAGE(IF(Score>0,Score)))} Thanks to Luke M, Pete UK and David Biddulph who provided the explanation. I've now been asked to add to this formula so that if either Q3 or Q4 is greater than 4 then the average cannot be lower than 3. Q1:Q35 is the named range score. This is really complicated because I still need to have an average and I'm thinking that the If part is non array but the average part still needs to be an array. Can you mix and match ...

Searching for Image and adding path
I am working on a database that has several records. Each record has a different image associated with it (or will). I will not be the only person using this database, so I want to make it very simple to add images to records. I know that saving the image in the database isn't the best idea for Access 2003, so instead I want to have the path stored (which will make mail merging work too in Word). This is what I want: In the form, on the tab where the image information is, I want 3 things... - The image itself displayed, once the user adds it - The PATH of the image in a text b...

Percentage Change by Year
I have a report that shows the total shipments by year by summing the Shipments in the Year Footer. I would like to have a percent change from the previous year next to the total but can't figure out how to do that on the report. Is that possible? ...

I have added FrontPage 2003 and now I can't update my Pub2003 site
Ever since I installed FP 2003, I have not been able to update my Publisher site. Does FP cause a known conflict? -- Dedicated Virtual Assistant at http://www.world-wide-virtual.us Hi Damzish (msgroupsreply@world-wide-virtual.us), in the newsgroups you posted: || Ever since I installed FP 2003, I have not been able to update my || Publisher site. || || Does FP cause a known conflict? There are no known issues. What appears to be the problem? What is happening? Are you getting any error messages? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ T...

Importing customer class blanks out tax schedule
Hi - I used Integration Manager to update (only) the customer class. This caused those particular customer's to have their tax schedule ID blanked out. I set all fields other than the customer class to "Use Default". I was expecting no change to fields other than the customer class. Is this wrong? Ginny IM simulates a person keying in data. When you key data into the Customer Class field, by default, it copies data from the class into other fields (like tax schedule). You may have also changed some of the account numbers associated with the customer. -- Richard L...

Ability to create formula to calculate benefit or deduction code
Would like to use a benefit or deduction based on a formula to calculate the amount instead of choosing only a flat amount or % as it is currently set up in GP version 9. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Commun...

adding numbers in an excell chart automatically
How to create an ongoing addition of numbers in an excell chart. Or sum of Numbers I should Say. I need the info for work. I think there is an easier way than how I am doing it. Worksheets are the things to use for adding numbers. That's not what a chart is designed to do. -- David Biddulph "sanicay" <sanicay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E94E1035-DC2C-4698-AC32-3439BDB2BDA6@microsoft.com... > How to create an ongoing addition of numbers in an excell chart. Or sum of > Numbers I should Say. I need the info for work. I think there is an >...

Calculating Percentages #3
I am doing a simple percentage calculation, however the two percentages are not adding up to 100%, is there a reason for this? Thanks for any help with this matter. Could you provide an example? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200507/1 What are your input values? "tifosi3" wrote: > I am doing a simple percentage calculation, however the two percentages are > not adding up to 100%, is there a reason for this? Thanks for any help with > this matter. > We'd need to have the exact numbers you're worki...

Using client PC to find the functnl level of my log-in AD domain
Using Windows XP service pack3 to login to AD domain. Running the GPresult from the command prompt returns the following: RSOP results for TMS\TABATAJ on PD9403355 : Logging Mode --------------------------------------------------------- OS Type: Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Configuration: Member Workstation OS Version: 5.1.2600 Domain Name: ABC Domain Type: Windows 2000 Site Name: DATA-HUB-SITE Roaming Profile: Local Profile: C:\Documents and Settings\tabataj Connected over a slow link?: No -------------------- Can I conclude that the Functional level ...

Aggregate calculations on calculated query fields?
I made a query that uses fields from multiple tables to calculate values for daily metrics. I need to present monthly totals of the data as sums and/or means. The tables are linked by the Date (mm/dd/yyyy) field. I enter ‘between 03/01/2010 and 03/31/2010’ in the criteria for the date field. For the totals I enter ‘group by’ for the date and ‘sum’ or ‘avg’ for the calculated fields. When the query is executed I receive an error that I ‘tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression *** as part of an aggregate function. *** is the calculated field in the...

Factors governing Inventory Cost Calculation at dealership
Homework? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Shankar Raman" <Shankar Raman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E05B70B8-4AC0-415D-82DE-CDFD450832BF@microsoft.com... > ...

checkbox/calculations
I have a form with a subform. In the subform I have all the past service dates. I have a calculation where I take the most recent service date and multiply by the service interval on the main form to give me the next service date. I would like to add a checkbox in the subform or next to the nextservice date so it can take that date and put it into the servicelog and give me the next date automatically. Is there a way to do this. and if so what is the easiest way to go about it. I basically want it to automatically update without me having to move the date manually from the next service ...

Percentages #8
Hi there, hope somebody out there in cyberworld can help me with the following probably easy to answer post. I have a number in box A1 lets say 100. This number is what I have dealt with over the month. In box B1 I have 10 and in box C1 I have 10. The numbers in B1 and C1 are figures within the 100 that I have missed for the month. How do I calculate out of 100% what I have achieved. I know how to calculate what percentage I have missed, i.e =sum(B1:C1)/A1*100 = 20%. ACHIEVED A1 = 100 MISSED B1 = 10 + C1 = 10 PERCENTAGE ACHIEVED = ? Thanks in advance for any help given. Terry ...

How to stop calculating CPP when employee turns to 65 years of age
Hi; I am using Canadian Payroll in GP 10, one of my employee who turned to 65 years of old, subject to Canada regulation, he does not need to contribute CPP. How can I configure Canadian Payroll to calculate CPP under this employee, today; I have to remove the calculated amount manuall when I ran pay roll each time. The date of birth of the employee has been entered in system already. -- Kane I assume the Canadian Payroll is similar to that of the US in the sense that you have benefits and deductions. Canada Pension Plan (CPP) is a deduction that is (must be) associated to an empl...

NYS tax free week
In NY state there is a "tax-free" week on clothing & footwear. This occurs a few times/yr. How do I put this into the RMS system? Thanks Inventory Wizard has a task to Assign Item Sales tax. Use this to remove the tax assignments for clothing & footwear items at the beginning of the week, and to reset them to normal after the tax-free period ends. I don't believe there is a way to schedule a Tax as you can with a sale.... You can select items in Inventory Wizard by department, category, etc.. so it should be pretty easy to add and remove the tax. -- Glenn Ada...

eConnect GL Tax node #2
In importing GL Transactions with tax entries, a partner of ours is suggesting to have a node for GL Tax Entry. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=694f0130-4c9...

adding rows #2
How do I add rows without changing cell location in the formula. For example: The data for the formula is always located in cell B4 and if I add a row on top of B4, I want the formula to remain with B4. Right now, if I add a row, the cell in the formula goes down one row. Hope for help If I understand, you're adding a row higher than B4. This shifts B4 down, but you want the "new" B4 to be the data for the formula. If this is the case you could try this: =formula(OFFSET(A1,3,1,1,1)) That is, as long as you don't add a new top row. ...

tax city/ state
I am trying to set up RMS to tax customers properly both in the store and for orders taken over the phone and shipped out. I currently have my system set up to charge 6.75% tax to all in store and phone orders in my state (state tax - 5% and city tax 1.75%) Is there a way i can set up 4 steps/tiers to tax by? 1. in store sales 6.75% 2. phone order sales within city 6.75% 3. phone order sales within state but out of city 5% 4. phone order sales out of state 0% tax free I already have my system set up so it will tax anyone with a instate shipping address but can break it out between #2 a...

reporting even though a calculation made is dividing by zero
I have a report which initially opens a form to input a start and end date in for the report information. One of the calculated reports items is a % of bad rolls produced. My report opens; I input the dates and it then runs a query based on those dates. It takes the data (put into another form) with fields of "total rolls produced" and "off quality rolls" and divides the "off quality" by the "total" to give a % bad value. The report works great IF the "total rolls produced" is not zero. If we do not produce any rolls that day (due...

identical smtp address - more than one user object
I have just come back form a client site, inherited, where we were trying to work out why certain email addresses were not working as expected. Basically they had a user object in AD - user@domain.com - with the primary smtp set as user@domain.com with no delivery options set. However when I examined another user object in the same active directory I found the identical smtp address listed in their email address list. How is this possible? I was under the impression that you would not be allowed to create the smtp address as it was already in existence. SBS 2003 BTW. ...

Error msg. "Failed to grant access to regenerated view" when adding field to schema using deployment mgr.
Hi, I'm running into a error simply creating a new field in the schema for LEADS. The error tells me to go to the event viewer, which in turn tells me the following: Failed to grant access to the regenerated view Lead after inserting new attribute CFSepassword. Is the system trying to add the field to a view in addition to the table? How can I proceed with this? Any help would be appreciated. Phillip ...

Calculations, Queries and making it all come together in my table
hello, I am trying to create a very simple database (I'm pretty new to Access). In my main table it have a field call % Safe which is to show the results a calculation. I understand I should create a query. I have two issues - one, the calculation I created doesn't seem to work. I created a simple query based on the fields in my main table, in the query field called % Safe, under Criteria I entered = [# Safe]-[# Unsafe]/[# Safe]. now, I assumed it would look at the data entered in the main table, perform the calculation and BAM present me with answer in this field. ...

Formula to Calculate Dates
I need to enter one date, and have it compute the future date based on the number of years: For Example: - Date Added: June 2007 - Number Of Years: 5 Year - Expiration Date (Need Formula): June 2012 How would I get that result. BTW: Using Excel 2000 =DATE(YEAR(A1)+5,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "S" <S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8504259F-4193-4CE3-9387-EAB68624076E@microsoft.com... |I need to enter one date, and have it compute the future date based on the | number of years: | | For Example: | - Date Added: J...

Adding email accounts.
I want to change my default email processing to Outlook. My primary email address appears there, but to add my other addresses I'm asked for "server addresses." I don't know if these accounts (Yahoo! and MyWay in this case) are POP3 or whatever, or what the "send" and "receive" addresses are, or how to find out. Help? Outlook is for POP mail, not web mail. Use your browser instead. "Shneur" wrote: > I want to change my default email processing to Outlook. My primary email > address appears there, but to add my other addresses I&...

Adding Same Field 2x in an Excel 2007 Pivot Table
Hello, Is there a way to add the same field twice in a Pivot Table? I'm trying to add a Date field in the Row section of the Pivot Table twice but it does not allow me to do it. I need to have it in there twice since one of the fields will be group week and the second will show each individual day. I thought this was possible but I can’t seem to make it work. Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. ...