Adding fields into Workflow Rule

I am trying to create a workflow rule where the assignment of a case is
dependant on the Product type.

However the Product field does not appear in the Field list for the Case
Object.

Is there a way to add the field into the picklist?

0
Joy
1/16/2004 10:07:18 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Address fields left
Hi all, query solution I hope ! I have imported a csv address file into access : Address1 Address2 - Address6 Some fields are blank followed by another blank example : Text Blank Blank Text Text Blank example : Blank Blank Text Blank Text Blank example : Text Blank Blank Blank Text Text How can I shunt all the fields left so as to remove any spaces cheers, Garry Use the Trim option. You havel LTrim, RTrim and Trim. The first removes spaces to the left, the second removes spaces to the right and the last removes spaces left and right. So in your query you could use something like ...

adding cross-functional flowchart changes page-layout
i would like to add to a "landscape" page a stencil>flowchart>cross-functional flowchart shapes vertical. when adding it the page converse automatically to a "portrait" page, while it should remain "landscape" the same happens if I add cross-functional flowchart shapes horizontal to a "portrait" page. it changes into a "landscape" page. can I avoid this? thx, kjetil I can't think of a way to avoid having the page orientation switch to portrait when you drop the functional band shape out and pick vertical. Visio automatically cha...

automatic addresses in to:,cc: and bcc: fields, how to edit, delete, etc.
I don't know what it is called, but when you go to enter the names in the To, CC, and BCC in Outlook they automatically pop up. Very nice option. For example, when I go to write Tara Lewis. I write Tara and it finds the rest and pops/fills in the field. Well, this name is in a list somewhere. Where is this list, what is it called? And this list is not the same as "contacts." I'm trying to find out how to delete, edit, change, add in this list. For example. My friend Brian has two entries. One correct and one incorrect, spelled Brain. So when I write B - R it puts u...

sales line item workflow and process holds and requested ship date
It would be nice if we could set up workflow tracking per line item as well as assign process holds per line item in Sales Trx Entry. It would also be nice to have the abilility to fulfill all items on an order through a specified requested ship date and leave items with future requested ship dates unfulfilled. Then to be able to transfer and ship items that have been fulfilled without having to fulfill those with future requested ship dates. Right now I have to backorder those items that have future requested ship dates just so I can transfer and fulfill the other items on the order...

Rules and Reply-to E-Mail addresses
I have tried searching through the solved questions listed here and did not find anything that solved my problem, but please let me know if there's something I've missed! I receive many e-mails from example@theirdomain.com. The e-mails have a different reply-to address from the one above. Now normally, I click reply on each of the hundreds of emails, and paste in the same response. This works fine, but is time consuming. I thought I could use a rule to simplify the whole process. My problem is, in my rule, when I select reply using specific template, it replies to the ...

rules wizard, corporate
Do rules function differently when Outlook is configured for 'Workgroups' than for configurated for 'Internet Only'? I have rules set up to direct email into different folders, with the final 'resting place' being up to 3 layers deep in some cases (with sub folders within other folders). Using 'Internet Only' configuration, the email will get directed to the correct folder, the folder tree (+) will expand to reveal the exact highlited folder that has the message. When I reconfigure for 'workgroups', the mail gets to the folder but the tree do...

Display middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen?
How do I Display the middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen? Please help. We use the Primary Contact field on the main Account screen to search and select a contact. The field then displays the First Name + Last Name of the contact that was selected. Can I make it show First Name + Last Name + Middle Name? How do I do it? I will be very appreciative for any help I receive. Thanks adna; The CRM has one format for displaying contact names. you can set that format in Settings-->Administration-->System Settings. While First Name + Last Name + Middle Name isn&...

Granting SendAs privileges to non-AD users?
Hello, In order to grant Send As permissions to a DelegateUser, the DelegateUser must be a member of an AD (via Check Names). It is desirable to allow a user that is not an AD member to be able to Send As, e.g., when the DelegateUser (the non-AD user) and the MailboxOwner (an AD user) are one-and-the-same person, but the person needs to send mail through the Exchange Server using a mail client on another platform. In other words, it would be nice to be able to specify a "username.domain" syntax in this portion of the Exchange interface without requiring "username.domain" ...

Field text range problem

Compound Lookup Field Only Showing First Field
Hello, I am using a lookup field for name and the name is broken into two fields - FirstName and LastName. When selecting the name from the drop down, I see both first and last names, but after selecting, I only see the first name. For visual reasons, I would like to see the first and last names in the form. I am using Access 2007, but believe this issue is in previous versions as well. I am open to suggestions and appreciate your help, Chris Hello Chris. "Chris" wrote: > I am using a lookup field for name and the name is broken into two > fields - FirstName and LastNa...

adding two colmuns together
I do the audit at a hotel and I was wondering if there was any way to take my todays column and add it automatically to the month to sate column without having to do it manually. It only involves two columns but I am stumped. angela Angela, To do it automatically you may need to use some VBA code, however there are a few alternatives. I am assuming that you have done the obvious and inserted a forumula into a 3rd column that adds the 2 columns together. An alternative way would be to use the *paste values add* function as follows: 1. select the cells with the current months data in i...

Adding times
I am using Excel 97 I have a column that has a list of time in hours and minutes, 34:12 (thirty foru hours and 12 minutes). How can I add these and also do an average. I would like to be be able, forsinstance to add 12:34 plus 23:52 minutes and get 36:26. HELP Also need to average this as well. Linda Linda just add the cells and format the result as Custom [hh]:mm Regards Trevor "Linda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ff01c3fa5d$0da474d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Excel 97 > I have a column that has a list of time in hours a...

Changing Outlook 2002 email "From" field without the "on behalf of" text
I occassionally want to send emails from an address different to my standard email account. I'd prefer not to have to change the email account details on these occassions. I have the "From" field in my New Mail template which I populate with a contact showing the email address I want the email from. Unfortunately, when the email arrives it appears as From: [mailto:myEmailAccountAddress] On Behalf Of myDesiredTemporaryFromAddress I've searched my Outlook settings and the MS site but cannot see how to get rid of this undesired annotation i.e. "[mailto:myEmail...

Outlook Express Mail Rules Problem
Hi, I'm using OE 6.0 on my home system and have a number of rules setup to either move incoming mail to specific folders or to delete it based on subject or message content. The delete rules are the last ones in the list. I've recently changes a couple of rules and now I find mail being deleted which should have been moved into a folder. The rules look okay. Is there a registry key or a file somewhere in the system which might be the problem? TIA Bernie -- bernie@ms-training.org.uk MS Training and Consultancy http://www.ms-training.org.uk Since Outlook Express is part o...

Workflow Manager 02-28-05
Hi, I have a question about workflow manager: I wanted to know wheather it is possible to use formula in the assigment part of update object statement? What i am trying to achieve is: When case is resolved i want to calculate the cost of this case based on inherited personellPrice atribute from contract line. So what i am trying to achieve might look something like this: case.amountBillable = case.personellPrice*case.timeBillable br, Juris Breicis sorry for teh double post, - forum threw out some kind of strange error, and i decided that the post was not added Juris, Unfortunately, I h...

Set One Field based On Another Field
I think I have a pretty simple request. I am looking for some script to put on an on exit field. Here is what I need it to do: When a value is put in say $550, if this is greater than a specified limit in the code I need it to set Field2 to Yes. So if field1 > 500 set field2 = yes Real world example: I have a dollar amount of credit to give to a customer, I want to auto populate the approval required field with a yes. Your help is appreciated. Brent, Try: IIf([Field1]>500,[Field2]="Yes") However if the field is a Bit data type then IIf([Field1]&...

Adding a string to a text document at the cursor.
I'm using VC++ 6. I've created a small text editor derived from CEditView to which I've added a drop-down list of phrases off the main menu bar to be inserted into the text at the cursor when a phrase is clicked. I can't figure out how to insert the selected phrase into the text I'm editing. I also would like to know if there is a way to keep the drop-down list open after clicking on the first phrase, closing it only with 'ESC' or moving to another heading on the main menu like 'File'. Any leads greatly appreciated. >I'm using VC++ 6. I've...

Negative Net worth after adding a Mortgage account
Money is now calculating my net worth as negative, This occurred after I added my home mortgage to 2004. Shouldn't my home be an asset, even though technically I have a mortgage? Can anyone shed light on this? Tony Yes, your home should be an asset and there is an account type, interestingly enough called asset account, designed just to handle this. Read more in online help. The Money Loan setup wizard should have asked you about setting one up. "Tony Lisanti" <ajlisanti@optonline.net> wrote in message news:mkmb10hro61seu4h9m4hpjp91kbk1o7egq@4ax.com... > Mo...

Text Field Validation Rule for Date
Hi, I have a RESPONSE field on my table. This field is set up as a text field (I do not want to change it due to specific requirements)- however, I'd like to set up a validation rule to determine whether or not it is a valid date: mm/dd/yyyy. What should I input in the validation rule? Thanks I do not think it is possible at table level but in your data entry form us AfterUpdate event and IsDate function. -- Build a little, test a little. "shm135" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a RESPONSE field on my table. This field is set up as a text > fiel...

Mail validation using rules.
I have some questions for Outlook 2000: - - - - - 1) I prefer to validate incoming mails using rules checking the sender against a whitelist of addresses and domains. To my knowledge this is rather unhandy to implement in Outlook 2000 because the addresses must be in my addressbook/contact which can not contain domains only addresses. Hereby I have to maintain a long list of rules just for this validation purpose. I wonder if there is a possibility somehow for using simple textfiles (1 or 2) containg valid addresses and domains handled by 1 or 2 rules. Or maybe there is another way around i...

How does AD tie a joining PC with a pre-staged computer account?
On our network, we only want a select group of desktop managers joining PCs to the domain. In addition to that, we want those managers REQUESTING to have those machines joined before they actually do so. This is because we have problems with some desktop managers moving machines around without telling us, losing track of assets, and so on. We're planning on having an automated network registration, so we're not planning on making everyone's life hell, but they will have to jump through a few hoops to get on a publically routable network and so on. I have a decent id...

There was an error reading the rules from the server.
I received the following error when opening Outlook 2000: 'There was an error reading the rules from the server. The format of the server rules was not recognized'. I have checked there are no rules set in the rules wizard. The server is running Exchange 2000. I tried outlook.exe /cleanrules but no good. I have searched on the Microsoft site and on here, but can't find any reference to this error. Has anyone ever come across it before? How should I take out any server-side rules from Exchange server itself? I haven't done it before. Thanks! There are a couple of tool...

Delete part of text from field
Hi all Here's my challenge: I'm processing a customer info file with your standard demographics - first name, last name, age, address etc. The last name appears in all of the 'last name' fields; no problem. However, in some of the 'first name' fields the last name appears again, like so: F_Name L_Name Title Kris Doft Doft Manager Johan Smith Accountant Maria Katson Katson Director Anne Charles Charles Supervisor Is there a query that can get rid of the duplicate last name in the '...

Outlook Rules #26
None of my rules are working automatically but when I run them manually they work correctly. I am getting a "Rules in Error" pop-up window when a specific rule is initiated. The phase below is in the pop-up window: "The folder you are trying to move or copy the message to can't be found. Make sure the rule refers to a valid folder." ...

Rules not working after profile change
1. I created a new mail profile to solve problem of email stuck in Outbox. 2, After re-starting Outlook, Rules to flag email and put in Alert window no longer work. 3. In Rules Wizard '(for other machine)' now appears after each Rule Name iin Wizard's first screen. 4. "On this Machine' is checked in options. Any ideas on how to get the rules to work again without redefining them? Thanks. Alan Unless you can open the old profile and remove the 'this machine only' tag, or remove it from the rule, you]'ll need to make new rules. -- Diane Poremsky [M...