Adding CRM User

Hi,

I have installed MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 (Enterprise Evaluation Version) in a
VM. Accessing the CRM with admin login works fine. When I try to login as
other Active Directory user, I am getting the following error message.
"No Microsoft Dynamics CRM user exists with the specified domain name and
user ID.
A Microsoft Dynamics CRM user record does not exist with the specified
domain name and user ID."
So, I logged in as admin and tried adding the active directory user. It is
taking all the information related to the user from active directory. (User's
Last Name etc). However, when I save it, it gives the following error...
"An error has occured.
Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft
Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft
Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, can contact Microsoft Support."

Please let me know what am I missing?

Thanks

0
Umar (5)
1/14/2008 5:53:00 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I've just tried the upgrade the Microsoft-supplied VPC using the demo key and
I get the same error message, but on the CRM Admin user.
"no microsoft dynamics crm user exists"

Anyone found what the problem is?
--
Thanx
Grizz

"Umar" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 (Enterprise Evaluation Version) in a
> VM. Accessing the CRM with admin login works fine. When I try to login as
> other Active Directory user, I am getting the following error message.
> "No Microsoft Dynamics CRM user exists with the specified domain name and
> user ID.
> A Microsoft Dynamics CRM user record does not exist with the specified
> domain name and user ID."
> So, I logged in as admin and tried adding the active directory user. It is
> taking all the information related to the user from active directory. (User's
> Last Name etc). However, when I save it, it gives the following error...
> "An error has occured.
> Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft
> Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft
> Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, can contact Microsoft Support."
>
> Please let me know what am I missing?
>
> Thanks

On Jan 14, 11:15=A0am, GrizzlyTech
<GrizzlyT...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I've just tried the upgrade the Microsoft-supplied VPC using the demo key =
and
> I get the same error message, but on the CRM Admin user.
> "no microsoft dynamics crm user exists"
>
> Anyone found what the problem is?
> --
> Thanx
> Grizz
>

> "Umar" wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I have installed MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 (Enterprise Evaluation Version) in =
> > VM. Accessing the CRM with admin login works fine. When I try to login a=
> > other Active Directory user, I am getting the following error message.
> > "No Microsoft Dynamics CRM user exists with the specified domain name an=
> > user ID.
> > A Microsoft Dynamics CRM user record does not exist with the specified
> > domain name and user ID."
> > So, I logged in as admin and tried adding the active directory user. It =
is
> > taking all the information related to the user from active directory. (U=
ser's
> > Last Name etc). However, when I save it, it gives the following error...=

> > "An error has occured.
> > Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft
> > Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Micr=
osoft
> > Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, can contact Microsoft Support."
>
> > Please let me know what am I missing?
>
> > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Anyone get this figured out??

Actually I just got back to this yesterday and I realized I was probably
using the 'old' format URL, without the Company Name (it should be
http:\\crm\contoso\loader.aspx ), I think. I also realized that the
install/upgrade process had failed in the middle (maybe due to VPC memory
issues), so I need to re-do the upgrade to see if any of this works. I
re-post when I make progress.
--
Thanx
Grizz

"scottnetguy@hotmail.com" wrote:

> On Jan 14, 11:15 am, GrizzlyTech
> <GrizzlyT...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I've just tried the upgrade the Microsoft-supplied VPC using the demo key and
> > I get the same error message, but on the CRM Admin user.
> > "no microsoft dynamics crm user exists"
> >
> > Anyone found what the problem is?
> > --
> > Thanx
> > Grizz
> >

> > "Umar" wrote:
> > > Hi,
> >
> > > I have installed MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 (Enterprise Evaluation Version) in a
> > > VM. Accessing the CRM with admin login works fine. When I try to login as
> > > other Active Directory user, I am getting the following error message.
> > > "No Microsoft Dynamics CRM user exists with the specified domain name and
> > > user ID.
> > > A Microsoft Dynamics CRM user record does not exist with the specified
> > > domain name and user ID."
> > > So, I logged in as admin and tried adding the active directory user. It is
> > > taking all the information related to the user from active directory. (User's
> > > Last Name etc). However, when I save it, it gives the following error...
> > > "An error has occured.
> > > Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft
> > > Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft
> > > Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, can contact Microsoft Support."
> >
> > > Please let me know what am I missing?
> >
> > > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

> Anyone get this figured out??

Possible Repost: MS CRM 1.3 Exams Revamp
Received this email yesterday: Improved Microsoft CRM Exams Microsoft Business Solutions will release three improved Microsoft CRM certification exams. The exams will become available worldwide through VUE testing centers on August 15, 2004 and Prometric testing centers on September 15, 2004. The improved exams are: Applications Professional, Customization, and Installation and Configuration. With the demand and volume of exam attempts as well as market feedback, the improvements incorporate updates and changes that are designed to better measure of the proficiency threshold for Micro...

Setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM
I realize that this question has been asked before, i've made sure i've been compliant as the other posts have suggested, although i may have one additional wrinkle that i have seen addressed elsewhere. I may be missing something... My statistics: 1. Win 2K, 2. I am set up as an administrator 3. I have set up the client license 4. I am able to access the web-based client once i disabled the pop-up blocker I can also ping the crm web site 5. I am trying to access the server over a VPN connection rather than connected locally - one thing one post brought up - if i attempt to acc...

Users with Email address not in All Users list
I have some users with Email addresses established (no mailbox) and would like to have them appear in the All Users recipient list. How would I do that? ...

Terminating User-Interface Thread
Good day to all. I would like to know how to delete a thread even if the if it is still running. Thank you very much in advance. delvsb wrote: > Good day to all. > > I would like to know how to delete a thread even if the if it is still > running. > > Thank you very much in advance. When you create the thread you must create it suspended, set m_bAutoDelete false, then ResumeThread. In the main thread, signal the thread to end itself with PostThreadMessage. In the UI thread message handler, free things and call PostQuitMessage(0); In the main thread, WaitForSin...

Adding entry to validation list without retyping all lists
OK so I have a worksheet with a drop-down list that has the states of the US listed. In the next column are 50 dependant drop down lists that have various cities listed, and depending on which state you choose, the drop down list of that state's cities shows. Is there any way I can include the option "Other" in the cities column (call it column B) without going back to my list source (my list is a named range) and typing in "other" in the lists of each of the 50 states. I am a little too lazy to do all that if I don't have to. Thank you for your time being...

DPM does not see new magazine added to library
I have DPM 2007 installed on Windows Server 2008 with a Quantum SuperLoader 3 attached via SCSI. When we purchased and setup the SuperLoader, it only had the left-side magazine of 8 tapes. Today, I added the right-side magazine, increasing capacity to 16 tapes. The web GUI for the SuperLoader sees the new magazine and its working fine, but DPM does not detect it. I have rescanned the library, and ran a fast inventory. What else can I do? ...

AD GAL not syncing with exchange 2003 cached exchange mode
exchange 2000 with exchange 2003 cached exchange mode clients.... when i add new users to the active directory they aren't seen in outlook 2003 cached exchange mode address book for like a day and a half...even if i force sync the address book... whatsup with that? By default, Exchange 200x will only rebuild the offline address book once a day (something like 4 or 5 in the morning). Outlook 2003 in cached mode will only download the offline address book once every 24 hours (varies based on users connectivity). If you are adding a bunch of users and Outlook 2003 needs to see it lik...

User Availability in Meeting Requests
I'm in the process of migrating users from our Exchange 5.5 server to our Exchange 2003 server. Right now we are running in mixed mode (2003 coexistence with 5.5). I'm noticing that users who have moved to the Exchange 2003 server can not view other users availability when they attempt to set up a meeting request. The users schedule says "no information." You want to make sure that the schedule+ free busy folder for the sites are replicated to the Exchange 2003 server. "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B2A929B-E39B-4554-83...

Missing CRM Key error
I have installed Microsoft CRM 1.2 and it seems to be working fine. I tried to create an email within the browser version (not via outlook) and get an error message that says: Communications error: Missing Microsoft CRM key. Any idea what I may have done wrong on the install? Dean. You problably missed to fill in the text "CrmEmailEnable" in the active directory user spec's. See also the IG. Erik. >-----Original Message----- >I have installed Microsoft CRM 1.2 and it seems to be >working fine. I tried to create an email within the >browser version (not v...

can a program send email on users behalf with out getting the nag boxes?
I am trying to allow a program to send an e-mail through outlook 2003 on my behalf without getting the nag boxes. We have a customized program that sends out emails for us but since we moved to outlook this nag box pops up for each one. We have to sit there for hours clicking yes to each one and allowing access for 10 min maximum. I have installed the outlook security features administrative package on my machine and followed the read me to configure it to allow this but have not been successful. This is what I have tried: 1. The admpack.exe installed easily then I installed a...

The quality of the network connection to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server is poor
We have a gigabit connection to the CRM server and all servers are in the same LAN segment except for exchange and we always get the The quality of the network connection to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server is poor when running the diagnostics even though our latency to the CRM server, the CRM DB Server, The AD server, Reporting Server, Exchange Server is under 1 ms. What could be causing it to complain about the network? Thanks. We had seen this warning on a few environments. It is only a warning, so we just monitor the performance and it works fine. Perhaps open a support ticket to hel...

E-mail management in CRM 3 and Outlook
Dear All, I have a question regarding CRM and Outlook e-mail. We use the CRM web client mainly, but find that every so often we need to go through everyone's exchange e-mail box and delete all of the incoming e-mails. Is there a way to automatically delete e-mails from outlook once they have been passed over to CRM? Thanks in advance, Mike Swann You can use either a client side or server side mailbox rule, simular to the forwarding rule created in the mailbox to forward the crm mail to the crm mailbox. Create the rule to move the email to the deleted folder and then empty the ...

Authentication of new user
I have a problem with a user trying to authenticate to CRM via http://servername. She enters the domain/Username and then password, it starts to load CRM and then presents a http error and presents the logon box again. She uses a license for the shipping department and the other users have no problem performing the same function. The only difference is that she is a new user after an upgrade to Windows 2003. I have tried to change the system with a clean HDD and the same result. I have tried changing the IE options with no success. Any ideas. Has something changed in security wit...

Validating data in a User Form
I have created a User Form to enter data into an Excel Database using text boxes. For one field (textbox) I would like to limit the user input to three names, say AA, BB or CC. I know how to do it on the worksheet and it works just fine. I can't figure out how to do for the textbox for that field in the form. Will someone give me a gentle shove in the right direction? Thank you very much. If you're going to limit it to three names, why use a TextBox? I'd use a listbox or combobox loaded with the names instead. In article <11bb45co1m5nmbd@corp.supernews.com>, &q...

Newbie with Panel & User Control Query
Hi All, Firstly, im a real newbie to C# so appologies for asking what might be a very basic question. Basically im using DotNetBar and have a Ribbon form. On my Ribbon form, I have a ribbon Bar, With 5 buttons. I also have a a panel on my Main form (pnlMainMenu) I have serveral user controls also. When a user clicks on a button I would like it to display the user control in the Panel. So far i have the following code:- private void btnComplaints_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { pnlMainMenu.Controls.Clear(); TestApp.User_Controls.uctComplaints = ...

User Account Deleted
Laptop defaults and asks for a password to a User that apparently has been deleted using computer management, but does not accept any password. I think an administrator account is still there, but I don't know what it is and or the password. Have I lost everything?....XP sp3 seems to boot up ok. See if you can boot into safe mode using the hidden administrator account then you can delete or change the password. If you cannot logon in safe mode you will need to download and create a CD to reset passwords and accounts. -- The Top Inno Setup Script Generator - http://www.ra...

OWA current user
hi , i want to know if its possible to know the current user logged to the owa via code . i have a logon page in which i need to update user details after logon so i want thinking to use the owaauth.dll to sign in the user and redirect the other asp page . in the asp page i need to know which user logged on. 10x ...

CRM 3.0 Service and Sales Modules
Does the new version of CRM still have separate service and sales modules or are they combined now into one product? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com Hi Brandon! "Brandon" wrote > Does the new version of CRM still have separate service and sales modules > or are they combined now into one product? No more modules, combined. Cheers Arne Janning ...

3.0
System Environment: W2003 Server SQL 2000 CRM and SQL on different servers Two errors: Duration and Subject. Have searched here and in the CRM KB (Customer Source) . We exhausted our included Software Assurance Support Cases resolving issues that were not fixed by the hotfix fix. In the user's own words: Outlook 2003 SP2 CRM Laptop Client (3.0.053) Goal: Create a Task within Outlook, Save, and Close the task within Outlook. Process: 1 - Open Outlook and click the Create New Task icon in the CRM Toolbar. 2 - Click the Regarding button and select the Case I want to associate the Tas...

Showing Persistant Message To User Without Taking Up Additional Screen Space?
Periodically, I need to show confirmation/status messages to the user. Things like: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DONE! Parent ratings copied to Issuer 'ABN Amro Bank'." Copy can still be un-done. If you click the 'Cancel' button and that issuer's ratings will return to what they were before you clicked the 'Rating Copy' button." ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MsgBox doesn't really work, because some messages need to persist until another operation is performed....

Migrating CRM Data
We're customizing CRM on a test machine (using the adventure-works cycle license) and intend to implement it on another server (using our own license). Is it possible to use the CRM Redeployment Tools to migrate the data under a different OU name Any help would be appreciated. If you only have contact and lead data to move from database to the other, you could export the data to a csv file (via Excel) and re-import it. However, if you have more data, (as is probable) you are looking at a data migration using the data migration framework. If you are only looking to export and imp...

Allowing Users to Run Queries Without Showing the Database Window
I have an access front end that connects to a SQL backend, and is designed in such a way that the users never see the database window or default access database menu bar, only the forms and menus that I want them to see. Specifically: 1. I have set a startup form 2. I have a personalized shortcut menu bar 3. I have disabled the bypass key 4. I have disabled all keystrokes not used by my application in the form open event 5. I have unchecked the following option in the startup: * Display Database Window * Display Status Bar * Allow Full Menus * Allow Default Shortcut Men...

Adding to defined cell/row
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that is being added to (rows) by many people and would like a way to avoid having to keep changing multiple formulae. As an example, the following counts up to row 74. =COUNTIF(D2:D74,$AD2) Is is possible for this this value "74" to be derived from the value in a cell, so is Cell G22 contained the value 74 I could have something like =COUNTIF(D2:Dvalue_of_cell(G22),$AD2) clearly value_of_cell is nonsense, but I think it explains what I am trying to do any help much appreciated James Is there a reason you can't use the entire column? =countif(d:d,...

Problems adding new record from form / subform
I have a table (tPNos) containing Project info. The ProjectNo is a text field because we have sub-projects with descriptive suffixes (e.g. 1400, 1400-01, 1400os). The first 4 digits are always numeric and equate to a BasePno. I also have an auto-number PNumId field, that I use to link to other tables. I have a form based on tPNos, with a sub form on the left that has a list of all the ProjectNos & descriptions. As the user moves up & down the list, I use the OnCurrent event to filter to the appropriate record in the main form – so the form fields fill in correctly....

errors installing CRM 3.0
I am performing a fresh install of SBS2003R2. I have installed SQL server 2005. I have followed the instructions in KB 921189 to install CRM. I then get an error regarding authentication which led me to kb 215383. I performed those instructions with no problems or errors. I reran the installation and now I am getting the same authentication error that kb 21583 was supposed to fix and furthermore I cannot access the report server now. Any suggestions as to where to go to from here? Thanks, Albert What is your error message for the Authentication Error? I just went through a CRM ...