Adding a new Entity in MSCRM

Hello
How can I add a new entity in MSCRM and attach a workflow in this.
Are there any detailed steps that I can use to create a new entity in MSCRM.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In MSCRM 1.2 you cannot add entities; but in the next release you will be
able to

"Riz" <Riz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> How can I add a new entity in MSCRM and attach a workflow in this.
> Are there any detailed steps that I can use to create a new entity in
> MSCRM.
> Any help is appreciated
> Thanks

0
Peter
5/7/2005 9:36:30 AM
Thanks, but I cant wait till the next release. Is there a workaround that can
enable me to create an entity. I have a client who is waiting for this.
Thanks for your help

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> In MSCRM 1.2 you cannot add entities; but in the next release you will be
> able to
>

> "Riz" <Riz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello
> > How can I add a new entity in MSCRM and attach a workflow in this.
> > Are there any detailed steps that I can use to create a new entity in
> > MSCRM.
> > Any help is appreciated
> > Thanks

One option is to use ISV products (certified by Microsoft) that enable this
right now - one is Axonom's Powertrak Tookit from www.axonom.com.

> Thanks, but I cant wait till the next release. Is there a workaround that
> can
> enable me to create an entity. I have a client who is waiting for this.
> Thanks for your help
>

> "Peter Lynch" wrote:
>
>> In MSCRM 1.2 you cannot add entities; but in the next release you will be
>> able to
>>

>> "Riz" <Riz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello
>> > How can I add a new entity in MSCRM and attach a workflow in this.
>> > Are there any detailed steps that I can use to create a new entity in
>> > MSCRM.
>> > Any help is appreciated
>> > Thanks

0
Peter
5/7/2005 4:04:24 PM
Another option is simply to create an additional database and create want
you want in there - then create asp.net pages that display within the
context of your CRM windows - all easy enough to do as long as you dont need
any joins across databases.

Roger

"Riz" <Riz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, but I cant wait till the next release. Is there a workaround that
> can
> enable me to create an entity. I have a client who is waiting for this.
> Thanks for your help
>

> "Peter Lynch" wrote:
>
>> In MSCRM 1.2 you cannot add entities; but in the next release you will be
>> able to
>>

>> "Riz" <Riz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello
>> > How can I add a new entity in MSCRM and attach a workflow in this.
>> > Are there any detailed steps that I can use to create a new entity in
>> > MSCRM.
>> > Any help is appreciated
>> > Thanks

0
Roger

Problem adding Help after the fact
Hi, I followed the msdn steps to add support for Help, after the fact, to my mfc/sdi project. According to msdn, the first step in this procedure is to create a new project that include context help. The project that msdn instructed me to create, HelpApp, compiles without errors and warnings, but my project's MainFrm has 1 compilation error. It is in the memory map code that msdn told me to copy from HelpApp's MainFrm.cpp file into the corresponding file in my project. The lines of code that were copied are shown below. (The error is caused by the line which refers to the ID...

How does text overflow work on added pages?
I reduced the size of the text boxes on 30 existing pages and added 10 additional pages to hold the remainder of the text. How do I get the text to overflow to these added pages? Link them Click on the box with the text, then on the icon that looks like a chain, it will turn into a puring pitcher. Click on the next text box you want to use. Keep going. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "lericks5" <lericks5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23349D52-F7B5-4A9D-A0D...

New to Exchange.
Hi Fellow Exchange Admins and clients. I am administring a LAN of 3 groups divided into 10 workstations in each group. . Everyone is sharing an internet connection. I want to install Exchange Server. What version 5.5 or 2000 do I go for install. ONe of the computer acts as a server with 2 network protocols to distribute web access to the rest of the users. My question is.......How can I go about installing exchange in a LAN setting first? I mean I want to give email access to my LAN. Rather than the outside mail. My motto will be to give my users email within the company only. Thank you ,...

How to not accept a new socket connection?
Hello, I am using CAsyncSocket for my client/server application, everything works fine and I can open as many socket connections as I want, but I would like to limit the number of connections (say 10 sockets at any one time). During the OnAccept() call of my listen socket, is there something I can do to refuse the connection, or maybe some other way outside of OnAccept(). Once my open socket count goes back below my set limit, I would like to start accepting connections again until the limit is maxed out again. FYI: I've tried to not call Accept() from within OnAccept(), but the cl...

new mail marked as read
outlook 2000, some, not all, new mail is marked as read (not highlighted) when arriving in mailbox. Did something get turned on? or turned off? not in offline. ...

Adding Custom collection to Extensionobject XsltArgumentList
Hi, I a xslt file which reads XSLT extension object to read properties of a C# object. Now I have added a propery in the c# object that returns a custom collection. How can I retrieve all the objects in the custom collection and then call their properties in xslt? -- Sent via .NET Newsgroups http://www.dotnetnewsgroups.com ...

SetupDiOpenDeviceInfo
Hi, I'm trying to add device instances to a DeviceInfoSet using SetupDiOpenDeviceInfo(), but the DeviceInstanceId parameter is not accepting any wildcard characters in it. For example, I want to add all device instances with "USB\\MyVendorID\\*" or "USB\\MyVendorID\\0000" if 0000 could match anything perhaps, but the call fails with ERROR_NO_SUCH_DEVINST. My question is, how do I add all devices belonging to the logical group "USB\\MyVendorID" to the DeviceInfoSet? TIA, JY you need to wake the tree and look at each devnode to find a matc...

new exchange server installation #3
We are already having 1 domain controller (domain.com) in our premises which we are using for user logon, file servers, data storage, respository etc., Now we have planning to install another new Windows 2003 Server and Microsft Exhcange 2003 Server on the this new server. I would like to register new domain name (proven.com) for exchange server instead of using old(domain.com). Can anybody guide me about how to setup this environment? Shall I run Forestprep and Domainprep on new domain? Note1 :- I do not want to join & upgrade new server to our existing domain as we have planning to r...

excel adding up columns
I have created a worksheet and put in a formula to add together 4 cells. the resulting total is 1p less than when I add it together manually. How can this be? -- kinsey See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html In article <E1F1086E-6DF1-47E0-8376-7644E6874D07@microsoft.com>, kinsey <kinsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created a worksheet and put in a formula to add together 4 cells. > the resulting total is 1p less than when I add it together manually. > How can this be? Many thanks, how do I change this in 2007 version? -- kinsey &qu...

New control styles with imported VC6 app in VS2008
If the xml below is added to the .intermediate.manifest file, the new control styles are active. <dependency> <dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='.........' language='*' /> </dependentAssembly> </dependency> However, VS2008 seems to be overwriting the manifest file on every full build. Where is the proper place to enable the new visual styles? Found it... ...

import data from sql on a clean install of CRM (new SID)
I performed a clean install on a new server but can not import or restore my data from my old crm install because the SIDs are differnt and CRM stops working. What can I do to get data to my new database from the old database. My main goal is to get my accounts and contacts back. Everything else I can recreate. Anyone who knows how to solve my issue please lend your assistance. Thanks in advance. If you're just concerned about Accounts and Contacts you should check out the Data Migration Framework. You could also use the Redeployment Tool but you would have to still have yo...

Can you copy email addresses in to new column out of Hyperlink column
I had been using Excel worksheet as my contacts manager. It contains columns last name, first name, addr, tel, and Email address(as hyperlink). I am trying to import this data into outlook. Unfortunaltey Outlook requires email addresses as text field and Hyperlink field. Any clue, how I can copy addresses out of hyperlinks through full column into new column with email address as Text only P Dear PM Try this... Select and copy the entire column of hyperlinked email addresses, then in your new column paste special, values. this should hopefully do the trick. Hope this helps Paul Fal...

Linking new records created by Workflow
Linking new records created by Workflow Hi I am new to workflows in CRM and need to ask what’s probably a stupid question. When using a workflow to create a record a new record I would like it to be linked to the record that triggered the workflow. For instance When a Workflow run on an “Entity A” Record creates a New Record on Entity B I would like the two to be linked so from the Entity A record I can see any Entity B records created. Thank you in advance for any help John; In order to establish that link, you will first need to create a relationship between entities A and B....

OT: A New Type Of Computer.
A man showed me his computer the other day. It was made out of wood, about a quarter of an inch in diameter and about 7 inches long. It had graphite going up through the middle of it and the delete button was on the end (made out of rubber). He said a power outage had no effect on it. Maybe I need to trade my computer in on a newer model like his. HoopleHead Alert. "Urlay Nook" <UrlayBurlay@TheNook.com> wrote in message news:%23iiXVmRJLHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... :A man showed me his computer the other day. : It was made out of wood, about a quarter of a...

Setting the default properties for cells in all new spreadsheets
How can I set the default properties of spreadsheet cells (e.g.- always vertically centred, word wrap, Aerial 10point) so that the cells in all new spreadsheets are created with these attributes? The basic answer is to save the workbook as Sheet.xlt and Book.xlt (or Sheet.xltx and Book.xltx in Excel 2007) in the XLSTART folder. More details at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010548151033.aspx This is for Excel2000 but the ideas are the same fro all versions best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Bon Bon" <Bo...

Two notifications appear for one new email
Can anyone identify why I get two email notification alerts when only one new email arrives? Using MS Outlook 2000 on WinXP machine Thanks. Maybe I solved my own problem...I turned off email notifications, rebooted, and turned it on later. So far so good... Still happening...two email icons display in the system tray as well. And sometimes after reading the new email, one of them disappears while the other remains displayed in the system tray...any ideas? ...

8000 byte row limit blown while adding fields to Microsoft CRM Account object.
Hi all My customer has requested a great deal of customisation on their CRM implementation, particularly the Account object. As such, around 40 new fields have been added to the account object via the Deployment Manager. Unfortunately, we are at the point now where additional fields cannot be added, due to us reaching the 8000 byte row limit of SQL Server! The message in the event log is as follows: 'dmLog: New size of the attribute ({B806C9CD-554F-4BA6-80C2-0906640276BE}) exceeds the SQL Server row limit of 8000 bytes.' This really leaves us in a bit of a pickle, because: a) We n...

Can't Create New Entity...Help!!!!!!!!!
Hi; I can't create new entity in crm4 I Opened New entity form and than save clicked after along time get this Error "An Error has occured" .View trace log detail and than see this logs ; >SELECT OrganizationId, EventId, EventData, CreatedOn FROM Notification WHERE CreatedOn > '11/24/2008 12:10:14' [2008-11-24 14:12:15.0] Process: w3wp |Organization: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Thread: 7(MSCRM:- NotificationManager.NotificationWatcherThreadProc) |Category: Platform.Sql |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Info | NotificationService.Ge...

Pre-set headers and footers for new worksheets
how do I have a new excel spreadsheet always open with pre-set headers and footers? There must be a way to do this. I am tired of going into each spreadsheet I open and re-entering my preffered set up; headers and footers, row height, etc. Look in Excel HELP for Template -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "robertwesley" <robertwesley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94582AFD-5A5F-4680-B436-39AAE83CF733@microsoft.com... > how do I have a new excel spreadsheet always open with pre-set headers and > footers? There must be a way to...

Mail Merge a new record on one page
Hi, I have a publisher doc with small ticket like things on it that I need to print off. There are 8 to a page and I need each one to have a different number, to go through and do it all deleting and retyping will take forever as I have 200 I need so tooooo many. Is there a way to mail merge this info without having to edit each one? I have tried making them into business cards so I get 8 to a page etc but it still will only give me 1 number in every ticket thing PLEASE HELP!!!! I would really like to be able to do what you can do in word with labels and make a new record in each new re...

default format new message
How do I change the default format on the new message to have left orientation rather than center? The appropriate theme comes but only with center orientation. I am using Outlook 2003, Word 2003 editor and Windows XP. Edit your theme. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Vivian asked: | How do I change the default format on the new message to | have l...

new outlook user profile
How do I add a new (2nd) user profile to Microsoft Outlook? I believe I need to do this so my wife & I each can have different databases in Outlook. Just did it. Goto Outlook. Open Tools, email accounts, add another email account, choose your server and add in the info. Should work fine. The address book for your wife is another issue. She can create her own or, I think she can import yours, delete what she does not want and add ones that she wants only on hers. That doesn't create a new profile, though...it just adds a second e-mail account to the current profile. -- Jocely...

Adding contacts to category
We are in the process of adding a new Category (i.e. newsletter) to the 1700 individuals in our Outlook database. Is there any way to "automatically" check the box for this category in the entire data base? It sure would save someone going through each record and checking. Thanks, Will x"Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com> wrote in message news:746140EE-2784-4EF6-9FE0-EC5316F5A684@microsoft.com... > We are in the process of adding a new Category (i.e. newsletter) to the > 1700 individuals in our Outlook database. Is there any way to > "automatical...

Problem adding input to cell
I've had Excel files for several years and never had this problem - what did I do??? All of a sudden when I try to click in a cell it won't let me do anything - add or change and data . The only place I'm able to change or add data is in text boxes that are already there. :( -- PghPatti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PghPatti's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24706 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382734 Do you get a popup message back? Does it say you...

Have new MS Office and need to tranfer data from Outlook Express
I would like to tranfer all contacts and exsisting e-mails from Outlook Express to the new MS Office software already installed. Is this possible and if so, what is the step by step to complete the process? From within Outlook Express choose File-> Export and follow on-screen instructions -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kodiak1.2" <Kodiak1.2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5EC45B9-22BF-4704-81DA-C50136564225@...