Add two fields

Hi!

I wonder how I can customize so when I have one amount in the first field
and another amount on a second field the sum of the both fields will
automatically appear on a third field.
I think I need to create an "on change" event but I am not sure about the
code...
Can someone help me?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Martin,

You will need to use Javascript for this. For example, you can use the
following code in the OnSave event of the form:
crmForm.all.field3.DataValue=crmForm.all.field1.DataValue+crmForm.all.field2.DataValue;

This will fill in the third field with the sum of the other two fields
onSave of the form.

HTH,
Niths

"Martin" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I wonder how I can customize so when I have one amount in the first field
> and another amount on a second field the sum of the both fields will
> automatically appear on a third field.
> I think I need to create an "on change" event but I am not sure about the
> code...
> Can someone help me?

charts from Data just in two different reports
Basic charting seems to require the information to be in a table. I however have the information only in a report. The two in question are COUNT(*) and the other is week number where the control source =Format$([Dated],"ww",0,0) Could anyone give me a pointer how to graph these please and as I have two similar such reports is it further possible to graph both together on a single chart Many thanks Richard Reports only display values/data that exists or is derived from tables and queries. You should be able to create some type of query or temporary table or whatever...

add number to existing text numbers
I have 2000 columns with accounting type text numbers in each cell, i.e. 0345999, 058956, ect. I want to add an "0" in front of each account number. Anyone know how to do this withount going into each cell and doing it by hand? Hi one way: use a helper column with the formula ="0" & A1 copy this down for all rows, copy this column and insert it with 'Edit - Paste Special - Values' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Stacy wrote: > I have 2000 columns with accounting type text numbers in > each cell, i.e. 0345999, 058956, ect. > > I wan...

Phone field should allow for 5 digit extension number.
Many companies, including Microsoft, have 5 digit extensions for their phone numbers. i.e xxx-xxx-xxxx ext. xxxxx Dynamics is limited to 4. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/...

assigning a null value of a date field to a date variable
Hi, At some point in the execution of my program I open a dialog box were the user is supposed to enter some info. Among other things he is asked to enter a date in a textbox, but this is optional. When I try to assign this date to a date variable I get the message “Invalid use of null” in the case the user has not filled in any date. If I use the Nz function, a value of 0 is assigned to the date and this later shows as December 30 1899 which I don’t want. How can I deal with this situation? Thanks in advance, George You cannot assign the Null value to a VBA variable of type Date. ...

Charting two averages
I am trying to create a chart for real estate showing the length of a task vs the final results. There are three variables representing each trial: Group ID Duration Results For each group there is a variable number of trials. It was a simple task to use a pivot table to create a bar graph of the average duration for each group, sorted in ascending order, and the pivot table included the average results in the table as well. What I want to end up with is a bar graph with the group IDs on the X axis, sorted by the average duration, charted on the Y axis. To this graph I want to add a...

Date Fields 01-22-08
Thanks to all the advice I have received but I seriously need more help (in more ways than one). The crux of the problem is that I need to insert a date into ClockStarts field and have access display another date into TargetDate field (plus 20 days but excluding Sat/Sun and holidays) If someone could give me the code to do this I would be forever in your debt. Thanks =Now() (if you want a date AND time value) =Date() (if you want date only) -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Ment...

Two identical formulas for a different result?
Hello everyone, :) A very quick question, but nonetheless very intriguing to me (I jus lost 4h on that :( ) I don't understand why my first formula works, and the second and thir don't. {=SUM(IF(FiscYear="2003",IF(IncomeFeeID="RB",Amount,0),0))} =SUMPRODUCT((FiscYear="2003")*(IncomeFeeID="RB")*Amount) (result is #value) =SUMPRODUCT((FiscYear="2003")*(IncomeFeeID="RB"),Amount) (this one could work too I thought, but result in a 0) I am simply trying to sum (amount) when the fiscal year is 2003 an IncomeFeeId is RB......

how to use ado to check a field is nullallowable(SQL Server)?
I use ado to operate a database in SQLServer 2k.On the occasion that addnew NULL value to a field not nullallowable, an exception will be thrown.So I need to check whether the field is nullallowable or not before addnew. my question is how to check a field is nullallowable. thanks! best regards, kywoo Get the Field object, check its attribute by (Field::GetAttributes or maybe Field::get_Attributes) the attribute "adFldIsNullable" is what you want. "kywoo" <kywoo@tongji.edu.cn> wrote in message news:%23bcHqYvhDHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I use ado to opera...

Cannot add new transactions
The problem happens recently. No matter I manually download activities or use the automatic update services, I can't get any transactions displayed. The "Items to review" on the left does say there are new transactions arrived, they just don't show up. What should I do to fix the problem? In microsoft.public.money, OC wrote: >The problem happens recently. No matter I manually download activities or >use the automatic update services, I can't get any transactions displayed. >The "Items to review" on the left does say there are new transaction...

How how do I get a ligature tie bar below two characters? Help
The unicode character is 035C. I am using Word 2007 with Windows XP. When I type the character between the two letters, select it, and key in ALT x, I get the box that indicates a missing symbol. I can't find the symbol in the Arial Unicode MS set under IPA extensions, yet it is an IPA symbol and it does have a unicode character. Is there any way to make this work? (If this appears twice, forgive me. I am new to this discussion and am having some difficulty posting.) On Nov 15, 5:10=A0pm, Pamela Case <PamelaC...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The unicode chara...

Adding Recurrence Field to Tasks
Using Outlook 2003 I have my list of tasks for my department grouped by category. The fields I have visible are Subject, Status, Due Date & Start Date. I want to add a column for "Recurrence." I want to be able to see if the recurrence is (for example) monthly, weekly or annually. I don't need to know if it's the first Monday of every month, just that it's monthly. I went into the field chooser and I cannot find a field that would accomplish this. Can this be done? There is a recurring field, but that just lets me know if the task IS recurring, not when...

Count Field Change Event
Hi Folks, Using Access 2003 with XPSP2. I have designed a form (frmMain) with an embedded sub-form (frmSub). frmSub contains a number of records that are displayed in continuous form mode. frmSub also contains a field (tbxCount) in its form footer that counts up the number of records displayed in the Detail section (and seems to work ok). What I want is for the change of the Count field to trigger the Change Event so that - when the count reaches a given number (say 10) I can change the AllowAdditions control to stop any additional records being entered. At the moment all i'm usi...

Outlook 2003
When creating a new email and I click the TO: field button to choose an email, it defaults to contacts in my Business folder (on the right under "Show names from the:" drop down box. I cant figure out why as that is not even the first name on the list. Can I make it automaticlly open up to a specific folder I have most of my contacts in every time? Thanks! Nancy open your address book and select tools > options. from here you can specify which folder you want to be the default. >-----Original Message----- >When creating a new email and I click the TO: field button >to...

Installing add-ins to Publisher 2002
I'm a former Mac user. Adding extensions on the Mac was a simple function of dropping the new extension file into the extension folder of the application. On the PC, I've just downloaded several "add-ins" for Publisher 2002. They're sitting on my desktop in zip files. How do I install or apply those add-in files to Publisher 2002? Tools, add-ins, browse... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "geacea" <geacea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8615184-7156-4642-866...

URGENT : Adding search criteria for my Custom Field ???
Hi, I have created a new field in contact form, now how can i add this newly added field in the search criteria. (ex) Added a new field in contact form named MemberId(string field). in the search box of contact form how can i add this new field in the search. Thanks in advance. Richard, You should see any newly created fields when you use the Advanced Find functionality. If you don't see them you may want to re-publish the XML in the Deployment Manager and reset IIS. ~Dave >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have created a new field in contact form, now how can i a...

deleting old email recipients from the "To" field
Can anybody tell me how on earth I can clear out the recipient suggestions from the "To" field in outlook. This is a very annoying feature when outlook suggests recipients that do not exist anymore. Thanks, Christoph Using your arrow keys, cursor to the entry and hit the Delete key. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Christoph" <cstreubert@disney.com> wrote in message news:9f5101c43466$d5a9a570$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can anybody t...

two projects, one workspace?
I have a new project that will be 95% similar to my usual project. Should I add it to my usual workspace, or are there more benefits to creating its own workspace? This is a new step for me (still in 6.0). Reading up on this did not produce expected answers, and I can't say I understand the choices. "SteveR" <maxsrussellatremovethisembarqmail.com> wrote in message news:#Tz7CKSFLHA.4516@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have a new project that will be 95% similar to my usual project. Should > I add it to my usual workspace, or are there more benefits to cre...

I want to lock an electronic worksheet with text form fields?
I made a lot of electronic worksheets for my students to retrieve from our student shares folder and put them in their own folders and answer the questions in text form fields. I was able to lock them easily in older office version. I can't seem to find it on the newer Office. On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:11:01 -0800, Mary Ann <Mary Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I made a lot of electronic worksheets for my students to retrieve from our >student shares folder and put them in their own folders and answer the >questions in text form fields. I was able to lock...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Extend field using Thai characters.
Helo, Can anyone help me on how to extend the field using Thai characters in GP. TQ Nalz, I am not sure what ou mean by "extend field using Thai characters", but if you are referring to translating Microsoft Dynamics GP in Thai it is certainly possible as Thai is not a double-byte character set language. Take a look at the translation series by David Musgrave at http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2009/02/09/translating-dexterity-applications-series.aspx -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC htt...

Format description field in report
Hi, I take the description attribute (ntext data type) of opportuniy product into the report. Since the user inputed the detail of product into desription such as the item name, code, quantity, total price; each of those items are seperated by space manually. When this attribute (description) is taking into report preview in VS.net, the outcomes was totally mess. Is there a way to format the field? How to do it? Carrie ------=_NextPart_0001_414886BD Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I take the description at...

Issues with a deleted field that is linked to a form
Hi there I careated a form which used a field which I have deleted from my database because it wasn't needed. Now everyone I open the database, a missing parameter.value text box keeps popping up. What is the best way to delete this field without this recurring message? Thank you On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:43:01 -0700, forest8 <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there > >I careated a form which used a field which I have deleted from my database >because it wasn't needed. > >Now everyone I open the database, a missing parameter....

converting date and time fields
Hello, I have columns that contain date and time in the "14/07/2003 17:57:00" format. I need to convert them into date-only and time-only fields (not only visually). How do I get rid of the date/time part? Thanks thanks! "Laura Cook" <laura@top-brands.com> wrote in message news:eP$BBBzZDHA.2648@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > With date and time in column A, in B1 enter: > > =INT(A1) > > Format as a date. Now in C1 enter: > > =A1-B1 > > Format as a time. > > Copy the formulas down as far as needed. If you no longer need column A, > ...

add verify all button in stock count entry window
When you enter a physical count in the Stock Count Entry window and an item has no Count Quantity, you have to manually check the Verified box. Could you add a "Verify All" button (similar to Select All/None) to speed the process. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Activating Fields
Due to a corrupted Contacts folder I have been directed (by the Microsoft Support team) to set up a new profile and import my contacts from a previous Outlook to the new profile - which has resolved the corrupted file issue. However, where there were 'fields' in the previous Outlook that could be used (ie drag and drop for columns in contact views) the fields seem deactivated (the data is there but I'm unable to use it in views or Field Chooser). Can anybody help with the activation of these fields ? Many thanks for your help. James You will need to create those fields...