Add Existing... button in CRM 4

Hi;

This is more of an abstract question, but can someone help me understand a
decent use-case for the buttons that appear on grid toolbars labeled "Add
existing [Entity]" (as opposed to the regular Add New button).  I'm finding
them a nuisance, but I'm fully aware that I might be too thick to comprehend
their value.

In the absence of any enlightenment from this group, I'd like to
remove/suppress them.  I'm also open to suggested ways to do that!

Thanks,

Dave Ireland

0
direland (470)
1/25/2008 6:46:53 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
"Add Existing" buttons enable user to relate existing record with current
record. These buttons just create relationship between two existing records.
"Add New" button create new record and relate it to current record.
For example, Lets assume we have two entities "User Roles" and "User". Now
user record can have many associated user roles. Similarly, "User Roles"
record will have many asssociated user records. So there will be "Many to
Many" Relationship between two entities. Now, if you open any user record,
you will get option of "add existing User roles" to that record.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Regards,
Rohit Kumar
Project Consultant- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
GrapeCity

"Dave Ireland" wrote:

> Hi;
>
> This is more of an abstract question, but can someone help me understand a
> decent use-case for the buttons that appear on grid toolbars labeled "Add
> existing [Entity]" (as opposed to the regular Add New button).  I'm finding
> them a nuisance, but I'm fully aware that I might be too thick to comprehend
> their value.
>
> In the absence of any enlightenment from this group, I'd like to
> remove/suppress them.  I'm also open to suggested ways to do that!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave Ireland

0
RohitKumar (14)
1/26/2008 4:18:00 AM
The Add Existing button is useful and meaningful in certain circumstances .
In others areas it is meaningless and confusing. (I could giive examples,
but usuallly involve custom entities participating in custom relationships)

Whether the "Add Existing" button is displayed should  ideally be
configurable per entity through normal etity customization.

Meanwhile suggest using javascript to hide the thing if possible - any
ideas?

Peter

It should be con
"Rohit Kumar" <RohitKumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> "Add Existing" buttons enable user to relate existing record with current
> record. These buttons just create relationship between two existing
> records.
> "Add New" button create new record and relate it to current record.
> For example, Lets assume we have two entities "User Roles" and "User". Now
> user record can have many associated user roles. Similarly, "User Roles"
> record will have many asssociated user records. So there will be "Many to
> Many" Relationship between two entities. Now, if you open any user record,
> you will get option of "add existing User roles" to that record.
>
> Please let me know if you have any doubts.
>
> Regards,
> Rohit Kumar
> Project Consultant- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
> GrapeCity
>

> "Dave Ireland" wrote:
>
>> Hi;
>>
>> This is more of an abstract question, but can someone help me understand
>> decent use-case for the buttons that appear on grid toolbars labeled "Add
>> existing [Entity]" (as opposed to the regular Add New button).  I'm
>> finding
>> them a nuisance, but I'm fully aware that I might be too thick to
>> comprehend
>> their value.
>>
>> In the absence of any enlightenment from this group, I'd like to
>> remove/suppress them.  I'm also open to suggested ways to do that!
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dave Ireland

0
discussions (171)
1/26/2008 10:06:38 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_23C3EB38

Hi Peter

Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support.

You are able to hide specific attribute by javascript but not menu.
Without the button, you are not able to relate the record with existing
records.

If you just need 'New' button and want to hide 'Add Existing' button, I
would encourage you to enter this as a product suggestion on the
PartnerSource website. We value your suggestions and take them very
seriously when we analyze which are the most important and requested
features to add to the software.

Please enter your product suggestions using the instructions listed below:

PartnerSource | Global Suggestions: Enter your Product Suggestions Today!
To locate the Product Suggestions button, please navigate to the
bottom-left of the home page.

PartnerSource direct link:
https://mbs.microsoft.com/suggestion/suggestionlookup.aspx

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to suggest ideas that
improve our products. Please let me know if you have any questions on this
process.

Regards
Ken
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing
from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
------=_NextPart_0001_23C3EB38

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg932\deff0\deflang1033\deflangfe1041{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1041\f0\fs20 Hi Peter
\par
\par Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support.
\par
\par You are able to hide specific attribute by javascript but not menu.
\par Without the button, you are not able to relate the record with existing records.
\par
\par If you just need 'New' button and want to hide 'Add Existing' button, I would encourage you to enter this as a product suggestion on the PartnerSource website. We value your suggestions and take them very seriously when we analyze which are the most important and requested features to add to the software.
\par
\par Please enter your product suggestions using the instructions listed below:
\par
\par PartnerSource | Global Suggestions: Enter your Product Suggestions Today! To locate the Product Suggestions button, please navigate to the bottom-left of the home page.
\par
\par PartnerSource direct link:
\par https://mbs.microsoft.com/suggestion/suggestionlookup.aspx
\par
\par I would like to thank you again for taking the time to suggest ideas that improve our products. Please let me know if you have any questions on this process.
\par
\par Regards
\par Ken
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_23C3EB38--

0
kenakamu (203)
1/28/2008 8:38:21 AM
Thanks to Rohit, Peter and Ken for replying.

It seems like it might have it's uses but, like Peter, I think maybe it
should be configurable per relationship.  When the button is present when it
doesn't make sense for it to be there, the user is bound to use it
incorrectly.

Thanks everyone.

Dave

"Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message
> Hi;
>
> This is more of an abstract question, but can someone help me understand a
> decent use-case for the buttons that appear on grid toolbars labeled "Add
> existing [Entity]" (as opposed to the regular Add New button).  I'm
> finding them a nuisance, but I'm fully aware that I might be too thick to
> comprehend their value.
>
> In the absence of any enlightenment from this group, I'd like to
> remove/suppress them.  I'm also open to suggested ways to do that!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave Ireland

0
direland (470)
1/28/2008 3:41:46 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_27C708FE

Hi Dave

Thanks for posting in.
I understand that some of you want to control the behavior of "Add
existing" button.

Now I would encourage you to enter your opinion as a product suggestion on
the PartnerSource website, too. Since your voices make our product better.
Please keep giving us your wish as product suggestion.

Kind Regards
Ken
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing
from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_27C708FE

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg932\deff0\deflang1033\deflangfe1041{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1041\f0\fs20 Hi Dave
\par
\par Thanks for posting in.
\par I understand that some of you want to control the behavior of "Add existing" button.
\par
\par Now I would encourage you to enter your opinion as a product suggestion on the PartnerSource website, too. Since your voices make our product better. Please keep giving us your wish as product suggestion.
\par
\par Kind Regards
\par Ken
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_27C708FE--

0
kenakamu (203)
1/29/2008 10:21:19 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_305494DC

Hi there!

Checking in to see how this is going.
Is there is anything else we can do for you on this topic?

Have a great week!
Regards
Ken
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing
from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_305494DC

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg932\deff0\deflang1033\deflangfe1041{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1041\f0\fs20 Hi there!
\par
\par Checking in to see how this is going.
\par Is there is anything else we can do for you on this topic?
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par Regards
\par Ken
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_305494DC--

0
kenakamu (203)
1/31/2008 2:08:06 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_42CC2285

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!
Regards
Ken
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing
from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_42CC2285

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg932\deff0\deflang1033\deflangfe1041{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1041\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par Regards
\par Ken
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_42CC2285--

0
kenakamu (203)
2/5/2008 7:27:14 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_4C91F8CC

Hi,

I am emailing to tell you that I will be closing this post today. Thank you
for using Microsoft Newsgroups!

Regards
Ken
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing
from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_4C91F8CC

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg932\deff0\deflang1033\deflangfe1041{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1041\f0\fs20 Hi,
\par
\par I am emailing to tell you that I will be closing this post today. Thank you for using Microsoft Newsgroups!
\par
\par Regards
\par Ken
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_4C91F8CC--

0
kenakamu (203)

outlook 2003sp3: applying the inbuilt junkmail filter on existing messages?
hi all, would like to apply the outlook junk mail filter, with settings set to 'high', on emails already in my inbox. is there any way of doing this? apologies if this has been posted before, I've made a couple of searches but can't find anything... many thanks! No, there's no way to apply the spam filter to already downloaded items. <spam@redo.net> wrote in message news:1137601837.257355.134230@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hi all, > > would like to apply the outlook junk mail filter, with settings set to > 'high', on emails already in my...

CRM 4.0 External Connector
Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? Cheers, Mandy. "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF297AE0-9446-46CB-91FA-CFF19A65F1DF@microsoft.com... > Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? The external connector is a license so nothing you need to install. -- Robert MacLean http://www.sadev.co.za thanks for update. would you know if there's any specs on how it integrates with crm? "Robert MacLean" wrote: > "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

reply #4
When I am replying to a massage it does not get mark down as replied, any ideas? "mike" <metzioni@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2005b01c4589e$be684cc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I am replying to a massage it does not get mark down > as replied, any ideas? That's because you are using the Web interface. If you need to see which posts you have replied to, then you need to use a News reader. Try OE for starters, go here to see how to set it up. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=171164&product=oex ...

Where do I find SSADM 4+ templates in Visio ?
Hi, I understand SSADM 4+ templates were available in Visio 2002. I have just moved from Smartdraw to Visio Professional 2003 and am having difficulty finding SSADM 4+ templates. Does anyone know where I can find these templates? Are they still available in the 2002 version? ...

Why does 62 KB translate into 4.2 MB in Publisher?
When I added a 62 KB jpeg to my page, the overall file size jumped from ~275 KB to 4.2 MB. What gives? Let me guess - Publisher 2000? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Publisher induced baldness" <Publisher induced baldness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ED85165-A29E-44AA-AFE6-4F5A5D518991@microsoft.com... > When I added a 62 KB jpeg to my page, the overall file size jumped from > ~275 > KB to 4.2 MB. What gives? Publisher 2000 doesn't support compression. PUB2000: File Size Increases Unexpectedly When You Insert Picture ...

How do I add a signature
We have our purchase orders created in excel and we would like to add a "handwritten" signature" to them. How to I do this? Pen If using xl2002 or 2003...... Create a graphic with the signature then add it to the Footer when printing. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:03:08 -0800, "Penfold" <Penfold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have our purchase orders created in excel and we would like to add a >"handwritten" signature" to them. How to I do this? ...

Exchange 2003 SP1 to get DST patch & Exchange 2000 patch is available to anyone for $4,000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C746B0.CFF31030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/hied_west_blog/archive/2007/02/01/dst-2007-updat= e-outlook-time-zone-data-update-tool-released-february-1-2007.aspx In the "New Highlights" section: "Exchange Server 2003 SP1 will now be = supported for an updated version of the Exchange CDO patch to be = released shortly." and "DST Hotfixes for products in Extended Support can now be purchased for = ...

Solver add-in and macros
I just got a new computer with XP and Excel 2003 and tried to run a macro that used to SOLVER add-in function and got a compile error. As a test I recorded a macro using the SOLVER and got the same result when I tried to run that macro. The Compile Error is "Sub or Function not defined". On the Knowledge Base it says I need to add SOLVER to the list of References in the VB Editor. When I go to the references list, SOLVER does not appear. When I open Help for VB and search for SOLVER, it finds nothing. What is going on? Why doesn't VB even recognize the existence ...

How to add new entity?
Hi. I'm now researching the customization abilities of MS CRM 1.2. So I have a small task, which I'm not able to accomplish with SDK. The main question is how to add additional entity to CRM? I need to add entity "Pets", and dictionary "PetTypes". Pets should be linked with Contacts (1:M). Pets should have 3 attributes: - Name (string of 150 chars), - Type (value from PetTypes dictionary), - Description (string of 1000 chars) PetTypes should have 3 entries: "Cat", "Dog" and "Parrot" I expect that i...

Middle mouse button does not always open in new tab anymore
Hi! I am experiencing the problem that when I click with the middle mouse button on a link (for example google search results) it does not always open it in a new tab anymore. In about 20% of the cases it takes over the current tab instead. The same problem is explained here in german: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.de.internetexplorer&tid=cd463718-8df6-4ee4-9e8a-9ee527837f83&cat=&lang=de&cr=DE&sloc=&p=1 But since there was no answer found so far I decided to take it to the next level (english c...

format cell #4

Scribe Migrate
I am planning to do a reinstall on our CRM server and have purchased Scribe (didn't come in till JUST now), and was planning to do this over the weekend. I have a test environment and want to try it here before I do this on our production. However this isn't as simple as I thought. I know, I know, read the manual, etc, etc etc. But its near critical that I get this production reinstalled, and I'd rather not work straight through a weekend just to learn this thing. Anways, can anyone give me the basic overview of this? Does this take hours just to create the migration setup? For s...

Add a blank page separator
How do I add a blank page automatically as a separator after every 15 pages when printing a document of 250 pages? Use a macro containing the following code to print the document: Dim i As Long Dim blank As Document For i = 1 To 240 Step 15 ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:=i, To:=i + 15 Set blank = Documents.Add With blank .PrintOut .Close wdDoNotSaveChanges End With Next i -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professio...

how can I add a signature to my calendar appt requests?
See subject question Insert-> Signature -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "tnowak" <tnowak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51100433-5C23-435B-9C1B-5F8B8D9056B2@microsoft.com... > See subject question ...

Adding a button with a function on protected sheets.
How do i add a button to 'reset/clear' the data on a worksheet that is protected and uses VLookup data (from another worksheet). Everyday this table will have data chosen from combo boxes or manually entered in allowable editable fields and at the end of the day after the files is saved, I need to clear that data for use on the next day. How is this Reset button applied with allowable edit ranges, VLookup data and a protected worksheet? Thanks There's several ways to do this. 1. Instead of straight vlookups, use =IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP(....)),"",VLOOKUP(....)) wher...

CRM and Blackberry Connector on Exchange
Are there any problems installing both, CRM Connector and Blackberry Connector on an Exchange-Server? TIA Stefan ...

Winmail takes 4 minutes to load at boot time
Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes to load Win mail. I used the "event Viewer" to see what was happening. It showed ESENT with ID 102--start Win mail, then the next event is ESENT ID 103 4 minutes later--terminate Win mail. Anyone have a clue why it is taking Win mail so long to load? Win mail works fine after computer loads. Fred Dwight Fred wrote: > Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After > logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes ...

Routing Restrictions button unavailable (gray) no matter what options selected in IMS-->Routing tab
I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4. In Connections-->IMS-->Routing Tab, my "Routing Restrictions" button is unavailable (greyed-out) no matter what options I select. Any suggestions? Thank you. Try installing Exch Admin prog on other machine, apply SP4 and see if you can change it from there. Post back with details. ryanadmin wrote: > I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4. In Connections-->IMS-->Routing Tab, my > "Routing Restrictions" button is unavailable (greyed-out) no matter > what options I select. Any suggestions? Thank you. ...

CRM 3.0
Folks Any way that we can assign leads / opportunities / other entities to teams rather than individuals? All the best Hany Hi Hany, Team ownership is not supported in CRM 3.0. Could you describe your scenario, and maybe we could provide some alternatives? Thanks -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.LoseThisBit.com> wrote in message news:O0cfzAT$FHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Folks > > Any way that we can assign leads /...

Does SuspendTimer exists?
Hello NG, in my programme I use some timers. SetTimer(TIMER1, 60000, NULL); SetTimer(TIMER2, 60000, NULL); In OnTimer I catch the timers. if (nIDEvent == TIMER1) { KillTimer(TIMER1); do1(); SetTimer(TIMER1, 60000, NULL); } else if (nIDEvent == TIMER2) { KillTimer(TIMER2); do2(); SetTimer(TIMER1, 60000, NULL); } In the beginning, the timers run parallel. Some time later there is a time gap because of the function calls. Now I want to suspend TIMER1 in my TIMER2-block. The things in do2() depend on results from do1(). I don't want the results overwritten. I only s...

Freeze Panes #4
I would like to know if it's possible to freeze panes without the 'freeze panes lines' appearing on the screen... TIA Stewart MOS Excel Expert (not good enough though!) You might try this. In this instance you would want to place cursor at c7 first. Sub setarea() ActiveSheet.ScrollArea = "$b6:h14" 'ActiveSheet.ScrollArea = "" 'to reset End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Stewart Walker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68d501c42eb5$247f5760$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I would li...