add custom fields after redeploy

I redeployed a MSCRM install to a virtual environment.  The redeploy worked
fine, but I can't add custom fields.  I get an error saying that the
Publisher is not the original publisher for CRM.  I had to manually create
the distributor and the publications.  Any help is appreciated.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

this is the answer i think
============
appears this is caused by replication not being setup correctly
===========================
You have redeployed Microsoft Business Solutions CRM 1.2 by using the
Redeployment Tool. You try to add a new custom field to Microsoft CRM by
using the Schema Manager in Microsoft CRM Deployment Manager. The custom
field is not added, and you receive the following error message:
dmLog: sp_repladdcolumn failed - Schema replication failed because database
'<Organization_Name_MSCRM>' on server '<CRMServerName>' is not the original
Publisher of table '<TableName>'
CAUSE
Microsoft SQL Server replication is not configured correctly for the
Microsoft CRM databases.
RESOLUTION
Configure SQL Server replication correctly for the Microsoft CRM databases.

For more information, click the following article number to view the article
in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
872585 How to re-create replication and enable publishing for Microsoft CRM
Sales for Outlook when offline synchronization fails
If you have Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook clients installed that are using
this Microsoft CRM server, follow all the steps that are listed in Microsoft
Knowledge Base article 872585.
here is article 872585

How to re-create replication and enable publishing for Microsoft CRM Sales
for Outlook when offline synchronization fails
View products that this article applies to.
      Article ID : 872585
      Last Review : 2005-08-05
      Revision : 4.3

On This Page
     TechKnowledge Content
         Summary
         More information
     APPLIES TO
     HOTFIX DOWNLOAD

TechKnowledge Content
Summary
This article describes how to re-create replication and to enable publishing
on the Microsoft SQL Server, where the Microsoft Business Solutions CRM
databases reside, after the Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook client has
failed its initial synchronization. You may receive the following error
messages during the synchronization process:
An error has occurred. For more information please contact your system
administrator.
An unknown error has occurred. Retry the action. If the problem persists,
contact your system administrator.
     Back to the top

More information
To disable publishing and to manually re-create replication for Microsoft
CRM when Outlook clients cannot synchronize successfully, follow these
steps: 1. On the Microsoft SQL Server where the Microsoft CRM databases
reside, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server,
and then click Enterprise Manager.
      2. In Enterprise Manager, expand Microsoft SQL Servers, expand SQL
Server Group, expand your Microsoft CRM SQL Server, right-click the
Replication folder, and then click Disable Publishing. To disable
publishing, follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
      3. After you have disabled publishing, run the following SQL script
against the Organization_Name_MSCRM database to remove old replication
system objects, where Organization_Name is the licensed company name. Follow
these steps to run the script: a.  On the SQL Server where the Microsoft CRM
databases reside, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL
Server, and then click Query Analyzer.
            b.  In Query Analyzer, change the database list so that the
Organization_Name_MSCRM database is selected.
            c.  Click the following link for the SQL script, and then copy
and paste the script into Query Analyzer.

http://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/public/KnowledgeBase/KB872585.txt
            d.  Click the Query menu, and then click Execute.

      4. You can now re-create replication. Follow these steps: a.  On the
Microsoft CRM Server, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft
CRM, and then click Deployment Manager.
            b.  In Deployment Manager, click Server Manager. In the right
window of Server Manager, right-click Microsoft CRM Server, and then select
Configure SQL Server.
            c.  Click Next, and then click Finish to configure the Microsoft
SQL Server for replication.

      5. Reopen Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager.
      6. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server,
and then click Enterprise Manager.
      7. Expand Microsoft SQL Servers, expand SQL Server Group, expand
Microsoft CRM SQL Server, and then expand Replication Monitor.
      8. Expand Publishers, and then expand your SQL Server Name, where you
will find the CRMMetaPub and the CRMPub publications.
      9. Click CRMMetaPub, and then right-click Snapshot in the right window
pane.
      10. Click Start Agent.
      11. Click CRMPub, and then right-click Snapshot in the right window
pane. Click Start Agent.

      Note The snapshot publications may take from five to ten minutes to
finish. After the CRMMetaPub snapshot is completed, you receive the
following message:
      A snapshot of 79 article(s) was generated.
      After the CRMPub snapshot is completed, you receive the following
message:
      A snapshot of 93 article(s) was generated.
      12. After the snapshots are generated successfully, verify that the
schedule for the snapshot jobs was deleted. To do this, follow these steps:
a.  Right-click each snapshot, and then click Agent Properties.
            b.  In the Agent dialog box, click the Schedule tab.
            c.  If any jobs are listed, click each one, click Delete, and
then click OK.
            d.  Complete steps a to c for the other snapshot agent.

If this is a new installation of the Sales for Outlook client, you will now
be able to successfully go offline. If this is an existing installation of
the Sales for Outlook client, follow these steps to remove the existing
registry entries and old replication attempts from the client:

Delete SFO client registry keys

Note Make sure that the Sales for Outlook (SFO) client is online. If the
actions that are described in this section are performed when the client is
offline, you will have to re-install the SFO client. 1. On the Microsoft SQL
Server where the Microsoft CRM database resides, click Start, point to All
Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server, and then click Enterprise Manager.
      2. In Enterprise Manager, expand Microsoft SQL Servers. Right-click
SQL Server Group, and then click New SQL Server Registration.
      3. Register the SFO client MSDE instance with this wizard. For
example, if the SFO client computer name is SFOCLIENT, the MSDE instance is
named SFOCLIENT\CRM.

      Note If you cannot successfully connect to the SFO client remotely
with Enterprise Manager, follow steps 3a to 3f to enable this connection. If
you can successfully connect, continue to step 4. a.  In Microsoft Windows
Explorer on the client computer, locate C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\80\Tools\Binn.
            b.  Right-click the SVRNETCN.exe file, and then click Open.
            c.  Click the General tab, and then change the Instance(s) on
this server: list item to CRM MSDE instance. (ex. SFOCLIENT\CRM)
            d.  Click TCP/IP protocol in the Disabled protocols section, and
then click Enable.
            e.  Click OK.
            f.  After you restart the Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook client
computer, the SQL Server Service Manager will now successfully connect to
the MSDE CRM instance.

      4. After you register the MSDE CRM instance, locate the Subscriptions
folder under the Replication folder.
      5. In the Subscriptions folder, delete both SFO client subscription
names. These subscriptions may or may not exist, depending on where the
error occurred when you went offline.Important This article contains
information about how to modify the registry. Make sure to back up the
registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the
registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up,
restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view
the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
      256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
      6. On the SFO client computer, click Start, and then click Run.
      7. Type regedit, and then click OK.
      8. In Registry Editor, click My Computer, and then right-click Export.
Export the whole registry entry for the SFO computer.
      9. In Registry Editor, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, expand SOFTWARE,
expand Microsoft, and then click MSCRM. Right-click the UserReplicationID
registry subkey in the right window pane, and then click Delete.
      10. In the same location, right-click the SQLServerName registry
subkey in the right window pane, and then click Delete.
      11. In the same location, right-click the LastSyncDate registry entry
in the right window pane, and then click Delete.
      12. Restart Outlook.
      13. Verify that you can successfully synchronize the Microsoft CRM
Sales for Outlook client.

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"debra doty" <debradoty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I redeployed a MSCRM install to a virtual environment.  The redeploy
worked
> fine, but I can't add custom fields.  I get an error saying that the
> Publisher is not the original publisher for CRM.  I had to manually create
> the distributor and the publications.  Any help is appreciated.

0
John

custom size too large to print, can't remove extra blank space
Scanned framed text was added to Word which forced page to custom size. After I formatted text there is a considerable amount of blank space I can't remove. There is NOTHING in the space as I have selected view all formatting marks and nothing is there, yet I can't remove. The spacing "resizer" at the top of page does not affect it either. Any suggestions?? Perhaps the text was scanned as a picture? If so, you will need OCR to render it editable. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org &qu...

How do I add a copyright (c) symbol to Auto Correct
My windows XP does not include the copyright symbol in auto correct. How do I add it to auto correct. Thanks. Hi Judy For XL2003 and earlier Tools>Options>Spelling>Autocorrect Options>Replace (c) With � For XL2007 Circular Office button>Excel Options>Proofing>Autocorrect Options>Replace (c) With � -- Regards Roger Govier "Judy Southwest" <Judy Southwest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38C2BE97-40B2-485F-97A2-1DD39E50F1FD@microsoft.com... > My windows XP does not include the copyright symbol in auto correct. > How ...

How to add cash account to portfolio?
I'm using Money Small Business 2003. I have an ING savings account. Is there a way to add this to my portfolio as a "cash" allocation? What exactly is the "cash" asset allocation part of a portfolio? I only have a Vanguard IRA which doesn't allow cash to sit in the account. Thanks, Brett There are two approaches that depend on what the real situation is. 1) The cash is really a Money Market fund investment. Setup an investment for it just like any other; call it a Money Market mutual fund. This sounds maybe a little more like what you have when you refer to i...

Calculated Fields in Pivot Tables
Hello from Vancouver BC! I have a pivot table into which I have inserted calculated fields. I totalling paid insurance claims by month, grouped by year. The calculated field mutiplies the paid claims times an expense fee. The monthly calculation is working fine, but the subtotal for the year is a mystery. I though it would simply add the sum of the monthly amounts like the uncalculated fields. Can anyone assist? Thanks very much, Shane Can you give an example of an amount you're getting as an annual total, and what amount you expected to get? Shane wrote: > Hello from Vancouve...

Puting all the null field to 0
Is there anyway to use code to make all the empty/null field update to 0?Thanks for help. You can use an Update query to convert Null values to zero, e.g.: UPDATE MyTable SET MyField = 0 WHERE MyField Is Null; Before you do that, you might wish to consider why this is needed. If it is just that you are having difficulty handling the nulls, see: Nulls: Do I need them? at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-11.html Alternatively, if you just need this for a particular situation, you can use Nz() or IIf() as a calculated field in a query to substitute zeros for nulls in that context. ...

Show only unique records in duplicated field
Hello, I need to limit repeated (but not duplicated) records in a query. Here's my structure: tblCompanies *CompanyID CompanyName tblCategories *CategoryID CategoryName tblCategoryAssignment *CatAssignmentID CompanyID CategoryID This structure allows a company to be assigned more than one category. I want to be able run a query searching for companies that belong several categories, i.e. show me all companies that have category assignments of either software or nonprofit. Something like TechSoup would come up twice. I'm interested in viewing the company names, not necessari...

USer Di & TImeStamp in Notes Field??
I have the following Code onChange for an Addtional Information Nvarchar Field I am trying to put this at the end of the text after each time I save it, so it can tell me the time of day and the User who entered it. But what it does, is just give me the Date and timeStamp and deletes the text I typed in. Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks // To Get the System Date and Time var d=new Date(); var curr_day=d.getDate(); var curr_month=d.getMonth(); var curr_yr=d.getYear(); var curr_hr=d.getHours(); var curr_min=d.getMinutes(); var curr_date=curr_day+"/"+curr_month+"/"+...

fields in the RecordSource
I get a runtime 2465 error in attempting to reference one of the fields in the RecordSource of a report. E.g., Dim intCount As Integer intCount = Me.CountField Access can't find the referenced field, "CountField". Yet, using the "Me." autofill shows all the field names in the RecordSource of the report. What am I missing? Bill Which event is being used to run that code? If it's the Open event, the report's fields are not available to the VBA code at that time. You more likely want to use the Format or Print event of a section of the report that might...

Using variable in field name
Hi. I have a table whose fields are named boolType00, boolType01, boolType02, ..., boolType19. I need to make a loop and real all of the 20 fields. Something like: Dim i1 As Integer i1=0 While i1 < 20 Debug.Print MyTable!boolType"i1" i1=i1+1 Wend Is there a way to do it? Thanks H. Martins If you OpenRecordset, you can refer to the field in the recordset like this: Debug.Print rs.Fields("boolType" & i1) If you need help with using a recordset, see: http://allenbrowne.com/func-DAO.html#DAORecordsetExample Lots of repeating fields like that usua...

Create Formula
I need to create a formula where I add a set number of Networkdays to a start date. Example: Start Date = 1/2/07 Number of Networkdays = 21 End Date = Is calculated If Start = 1/2/07 and 21 Networkdays are added, what is the retured end date???? I can only find example of Networkdays where I would be providing the Start and End Dates, and it will calculate the Networkdays. I can't find example where End Date is calculated based on the number of networkdays from start date. Can anyone help with a valid formula for this? Thanks!! Look for =workday() in Excel's help. (Also part o...

time add
I want to add or subtract min & sec for race results & handicap. e.g. 04:16.997 - 18.2 to get min:sec Can't find a function to do that, any suggestions Mur Murray, If you've put bona fide times (you have to use the colon, etc.) then you need only add or subtract the cells with formulas, like with any other numbers. See Chip Pearson's site for details on date/time stuff. www.cpearson.com. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com/ ------------------------------------------- "Murray" <mglover@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ukkEbVOfFHA.3692@TK...

Customizing Activities Views?
Been hunting for a solution to this for ages now.. Is there any way of customizing the Activities Views in the Workplace section. If you open the 'Activities' Pane in Workplace, you have a list of predefined views (Open Activities, Closed Activities, My Activities, All Activities) - is there any way to customize or all new views to this list? The question stems from the Workflow section of MSCRM; when you advance an opportunity through your workflow lifecycle, a number of automated activities are created which (given a number of opportunities) quickly clog up a users Workp...

installing add-in analysis toolpak
I need to use the data analysis in Excel. I cannot install it, due to windows installer error 1635. I don't have the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\ DFAD2CEE8555CA04E8C905508C8F018E so it is not that. What else can it be ? Thanks. Janiv Ratson. hmm? from controlpanel add/remove programs select Microsoft Office click change add/remove features click next in office 2003 you need to check Advanced customization of application open the tree for Excel goto Addins select Analysis Toolpak select Run From My Computer click Update. -- keepITcool | www...

custom a list
Hi, In excel, I can type in a date and drag it. It will give me a list of another dates. For example: if I type in 11/1/04 and drag it, I can see 11/1/04 ( monday), 11/2/04, 11/3/04, 11/04/04, 11/5/04, 11/06/04, 11/07/04, 11/8/04 (monday). ----------------- I would like to have a list that will take out 11/06/04 and 11/07/04 because these dades are Sat and Sun. -------- May I use marco to create the list? or use custom lists located on Tools---options. -------------------------- or Can I put a calendar on Excel sheet so users can select a specific date? If you think that I can, Ple...

PROFIT MADE BY CUSTOMER
ANY BODY CAN HELP IN CGRATING QUERY IN SQL SHOWING HOW MUCH MONEY I MADE ON EACH & SET THEIS NUMBER AS CUSTOMNUMBER FIELD SO THAT WHEN I RUN THE QUERY IT WILL UPDATE THE CUSTOM FIELD WHERE THE EMPLYEE CAN SEE HOW MUCH MONEY WE MAKE OF A CUSTOMER PLEASE I NEED THIS BAD -- maher almasri Maher I could use the same thing so I'm just going to add on to your post,if you don't mind. BUT...I would also like to see "cost" "profit" per line item as it is being entered into POS. Then totalled,but not printed on customer receipt. My customer wheel's and dea...

Newbee Q: How to make search field in excel sheet?
Hi. I am using Excel in a rather stupid way. I work in sales and have all my company leads in here, so I can keep them in check. What I would like to have though, is a field where I can type part of a company name, and then the Excel ark goes to the first cell that matches... It seems so simple, but I have almost never used Excel before, so I'm lost... Any quick tips out there? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Have you tried Edit / Find? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03...

How do I refresh a PivotTable and remove outdated page field entr.
After refreshing a pivot table in Excel 2000, page fields values include those that were in the old pivot table data but are absent from the refreshed data. For instance, a page field button named 'Year' lists 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003 as values. However, the data no loger includes any rows for years 1998 and 1999. How do I remove these values without re-creating the pivot table from scratch? There are instructions here for clearing old items from a PivotTable dropdown list: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html NT wrote: > After refreshing a piv...

adding user defined fields in RM Detail Aged TB
Hi! Is it possible to include the fields entered in Sales User-Defined Fields Entry window in the RM Detail Aged TB - Options report in report writer? Thanks, Mel ...

find maximum value in range of fields
Hello Could someone advise/assist with the following: I have fields like the following: Badge Date 1 Badge Date 2 Badge Date 3 etc... to Badge Date 7 What I would like to have happen is when a new badge date is entered the badge dates would cascade -- dropping the oldest date and cascading badge dates -- ( i.e. Badge Date 1 would be the newly entered date - Badge Date 2 would be the date previously in Badge Date 1 - previously in Date 2 goes to Date 3, etc...) OR The ability to pull the maximum ( most current date) from the Badge Date fields. Basically I want to keep the last 7 dates fo...

How do I disable "Customize" on MS Publisher?
PUB11.ADM files is missing the capability to use "Disable Items in User interface" which in include "Predefined" and "Custom". I did modify the PUB11.ADM files but the application itself doesn't recognize the chamges. So my question is how do I disable those feature on MS Publisher? Hello All, I have the same problem now, does anyone know a solution for this problem or can i make a custom adm file...? "Ramos" wrote: > PUB11.ADM files is missing the capability to use "Disable Items in User > interface" which in include &quo...

Sending mail to many users using the to-field.
Hi I am using outlook2003/2007 and exchange server 2003/2007. All users getting the mail sees all other users in the to-field. Is it possible to hide other recipients without using the bcc? Tor-Magne Other than using the BCC field you can try using a mass mail tool to send individual items to each of the recipients like the ones shown here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/massmail.asp "Tor-Magne" <tttms@online.no> wrote in message news:uku9uHTVJHA.1788@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am using outlook2003/2007 and exchange server 2003/2007. > All users g...

SQL Table for Customer Accounts Maintenance Screen
I can't seem to locate the table for the Customer Accounts Maintenance Screen. Does anyone know where these accounts are stored in the database? CN7564: The Account Indexes for these accounts are stored in the RM00101 table in the following fields: RMCSHACC,RMARACC,RMSLSACC,RMIVACC,RMCOSACC,RMTAKACC,RMAVACC,RMFCGACC,RMWRACC,RMSORACC,RMOvrpymtWrtoffAcctIdx Again these fields store the Account Index but if you want to know the account number itself you would simply link/join in the GL00105 table which stores both the Account Index and the Account String (ACTNUMST) in it. I believe...

"Too many fields defined" error message
I received a "Too many fields defined" error message when importing an Excel 97 spreadsheet into SQL Server 2000. There are 256 columns in the Excel 97 spreadsheet, all containing data. How do I correct this in Excel 97? It's a bug. There's a bit of information in the following MSKB article: BUG: Cannot Import Excel 97 Spreadsheet with 256 or More Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=207446 Godzilla wrote: > I received a "Too many fields defined" error message when > importing an Excel 97 spreadsheet into SQL Server 2000. > There ...

Newbie Question : How do i add Elements into a existing XML File ?
Hi NG I got one XML File like this: <Known> <Item>Some Text 1</Item> <Item>Some Text 2</Item> <Item>Some Text 3</Item> </Known> Now i would like to add a Element <Item> with the Value 'Some Text 4' How can i add this Element without tuching the existing Elements ? Thanks for one Example regards Peter Peter Treier wrote: > <Known> > <Item>Some Text 1</Item> > <Item>Some Text 2</Item> > <Item>Some Text 3</Item> > </Known> > > Now i...

query destination field
How do you change a destination field of a query in Excel? I have the data from the query being sent to cell A4 but need it to go to cell A1. I tried the "edit query" option but with no luck albert I think you can just delete Rows 1:3 and it will adjust accordingly. -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-blog.com "albert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14E1E67B-F7A0-4FD3-A78E-C4E1CCC22453@microsoft.com... > How do you change a destination field of a query in Excel? I have the data from the query b...