add button to edit.aspx (contacts)

I want to add a button in CRM which is only shown by creating a new contact
(or any other object), this happens in the file edit.aspx. This file is also
been used to show the details of a existing item, but then I don't want the
button to be displayed. I'm thinking about using javaScript to solve this
problem.

Editing this edit.aspx is not microsoft supported, this I know, but I
haven't found a solution in the sdk.

If this problem sounds familiar and you've got some advice to me, I would
really appreciate this.

Best Regards,

Chris Plenter

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sometimes unsupported is the only way to go.  Just be aware that support may ask
you to back out this change if you have a problem that is somehow related to
this mod.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 04:05:01 -0800, "Chris Plenter" <Chris
Plenter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

I want to add a button in CRM which is only shown by creating a new contact
(or any other object), this happens in the file edit.aspx. This file is also
been used to show the details of a existing item, but then I don't want the
button to be displayed. I'm thinking about using javaScript to solve this
problem.

Editing this edit.aspx is not microsoft supported, this I know, but I
haven't found a solution in the sdk.

If this problem sounds familiar and you've got some advice to me, I would
really appreciate this.

Best Regards,

Chris Plenter

0
Matt

outlook contact view
Normally while viewing inbox window in the left hand lower area I have a contacts list. Somehow it got deleted from view and I cannot find where to open it again. thanks for the help You must be using Outlook Express, as Outlook does not have this option. In Outlook Express, go to View | Layout and check the Contacts box. For future reference, please note that this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as...

Radio Button as Filter
Outside of my form (frmComments) I have created option buttons (CommentFilter) that I would like to use as a filter within the form . . . filtering on [Finished] which is a Yes/No property at the table level (tblComments). My radio button has three choices: #1 for Finished = No #2 for Finished = Yes #3 for Finished = Both However when I click on any of the three radio buttons I do not see any filter activity in the form. Any suggestions? Private Sub CommentFilter_AfterUpdate() Select Case Me!CommentFilter Case 1 Me.Filter = frmComments![Finished] = 1 Me.FilterOn = True MsgBox "Fini...

MS money 2004 Deluxe canadian edition
Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version? I have found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe. I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but when I try to buy the Canadian version, MS Money keeps taking me to US only version purchase options. The MS Money web site couldn't have been less helpful. Derrick In microsoft.public.money, Derrick wrote: >Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version? I have >found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe. No Deluxe. > >I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but >...

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007

Where did my file and edit category button go?
Go to Tools > Customize > Commands Tab > Categories > Built-in Menus and drag the two missing commands to your toolbar. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JStud" <JStud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CDB953A-263A-4DC6-B95C-64B25D93176F@microsoft.com... > ...

How do I add certificates for digital signatures
I'm trying to follow the directions at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP052495571033.aspx and when I get to the step where I'm supposed to choose a certificate, the list is empty. Where is it looking? How do I add a certificate? On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:47:39 -0800 (PST), Chris Nelson <chris.nelson.1022@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm trying to follow the directions at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP052495571033.aspx >and when I get to the step where I'm supposed to choose a certificate, >the list is empty. Where is it looking? How do I add a...

Running an Excel Macro from an Access Command Button
Hi , Can anyone help me with this, I am trying to run an excel macro from an access command button. I want the macro to Bold the Headings on a excel spreadsheet. The code runs without any errors but the macro doesnt seem to work, I think I have got the line ExcelApp.ExecuteExcel4Macro "RUN(""PERSONAL.XLS!BoldHead"")" wrong The code: Private Sub cmdRunMac_Click() Dim ExcelApp As Excel.Application Dim ExcelBook As Excel.Workbook Set ExcelApp = Excel.Application ExcelApp.Visible = True Set ExcelBook = ExcelApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and Settings\...

hacked contacts
I ahve had this before but it happened again yesterday,for some reason an email was sent to all my contacts within windows live mail from my mail account.This email was an http web address,which when copy and pasted sends out the virus within their mail accounts.Thankfully my contacts deleted it.How can i stop this happening. I have since changed my password in case the account is hacked. Help appreciated. On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 02:53:26 -0700, coltmanneil wrote: > I ahve had this before but it happened again yesterday,for some reason an > email was sent to all my contacts w...

Delegates cannot add contacts?
I've created an OU for external email addresses, shared across the company. Within that OU, I've created a nested OU for specific delegation. I've delegated management of the OU to a specific contract manager. My dilemma? From what I've been able to determine, no one except an Exchange admin can create new contacts. Ideas/suggestions? I've installed the Exchange admin/management tools on the appropriate systems. TIA, Mike Mike Is the problem that you have delegated permissions within AD and are no experiencing problems? Nue "Mike" <newsgroups@manco...

Unable to add documents to My Recent Documents
Hello, Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied" message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab. Are you Right-Clicking on the Start Button and then selecting Properties from the list? If you select Properties then You need to select Customize from Start Menu Tab. Then from Advanced Tab you should ensure there is a TICK next to "List my Most Recently Opened Documents". hth Gary V wrote: > > Hello, &g...

Rule to automatically mark header to download based on contact list?
Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? TIA. Rich On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Hi Ben: 2003 SP1 Rich "Ben M. Schorr - MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message news:op.spuxh8sf6r4cx1@bms-tablet2.scgab.com... > On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:44:35 -1000, rmc <rmc@nospam.com> wrote: > > > Is there a way to do this, or an add-in? > > What version of Outlook are you using? > > > -- >...

Vanishing Control Toolbox Command Buttons
I have recently had my work PC upgraded from Windows NT to XP, and am now using Excel 2003 rather than 97. A spreadsheet I use each day contains a number of command buttons (from the control toolbox menu rather than forms). When I open this spreadsheet I cannot see the buttons. If I click on where the buttons are they still work, and I can still see the code behind them, but I cannot see the buttons themselves. Similarly if I try to create a new command button - or indeed any control - from the control toolbox I get the same problem. But again I am able to create buttons from the form...

modify contact address when account address gets modified
Hi, How do I ripple my changes from company level to the related contacts ? For example the main company phone number and the main address ? Do I need a product like Scribe for this, or can this be done with the workflow ? Thanks for any advice Wim You can't do this with workflow, and I don't believe Scribe can do this (though I may be wrong - I've only used Scribe for one project). I would think that you'd need to create a post callout using the SDK. There is more info at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversi...

Mail Merge with Word 2003
Please Help if you can. I have lost hours editing a Mail Merge Master document, only to find none of the changes are saved when you reopen. Here's what happened: I want to edit the fields in a mail merge document. I want to search for the {OLD-FIELD} and replace it with the {NEW FIELD}. Word does not seem to allow me to do this. First, it will not let me cut and paste the fields into the Search & Replace Box. Secondlly, after hours of laboriously replacing my Fields one at a time, and dutifully saving, NONE of the changes were saved. The changes are all shown in ...

add GENDERCODE to leads
We implemented MS CRM some time ago, and now we come across some minor issues... one of them is: why can't we add the GENDERCODE to a lead?? is there a way to do it (easily) or can we better forget about it??? ...

Module/Macro Button for Switchboard
I have a database that is in use that uses a switchboard upon opening the database. There are buttons on the switchboard that create a new record in add form and another for edit an existing record. One of the fields i have in the database is case#. Is there code i can use such that on the click of the button the prompts me for a case number to take me to only that one case number. I was thinking this is a better option than giving all records. Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions. Beetle replied You could create a separate small popup form with an unbound textbox to input a cas...

what is meant by series and justify option in the edit
i just want to know abt the series and justify option ,,in fill [edit] usng microsoft excel. what are their purposes or what they use for..... The Edit>Fill>Justify command will take a long string of text, like a sentence, and fit it into the selected cells. Example: In cell A1 enter: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog." Since that sentence is longer than Cell A1 it will spill over into cells B1, C1, and beyond D1 (depending on your normal font) Now, select Cells A1:B5 and Edit>Fill>Justify. Excel will break the text whenever it approaches column C and con...

Drawing static/edit control in different colors
Hi All, This should be a simple question, but it is possible to, control the color of text written to static text or an edit box? I need to do this at during InitDialog and while dialog is 'up' (DoModal). As an aside, can change the color of static text just based on the resource ID? i.e. not creating a variable for the control in the dialog class. Thanks in Advance! Corey. Corey Wirun wrote: > Hi All, > > This should be a simple question, but it is possible to, control the color > of text written to static text or an edit box? I need to do this at during > In...

Add a picture
Hello all,- I would like to add an picture in a Excel range (not a background for the entire sheet but only 1 range of cells). This picture has to be behind the range - so if I type something in the cell range, it will be much clearer (instead of having that picture on top of that range with transparency effect). Do you know if it is feasible or if Excel 2003 provided this feature? Thank you in advance! No. Other than worksheet background images, all images reside in the Drawing Layer "above" the cells. One workaround would be to insert your picture, then use the camera tool ...

Add Remove Message Inbox Headings
Hi :) I have to do the ECDL (European Computer Driving License) Module 7 this week and I'm stuck on two points: 7.6.3.1 - Add/Remove Message Inbox Headings like: sender, subject, date, received - How do I add or remove those headings in Outlook 2007? Thanks for any help :) Giulio. ...

Missing send/receive button #2
After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data file, there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in Mail and it doesn't appear on the tools menu. I've done reinstall/repair twice without fixing the problem. Is there some configuration procedure I need to do? Thanks for any help. Windwatcher wrote: > After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data > file, there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in > Mail and > it doesn't appear on the tools menu. I've done reinst...

CRM Contact details
Hi There, Is it possible that we could generate a report (Advance Find) from the CRM list all clients with their perspectives contact details. Looking forward to hearing for you. Regards, Syed. Hi, By default the Parent Customer field is displayed on the Advanced Find view results for Contacts.You will need to edit the view and "Add Columns" from the "Parent Customer" record type to display account related information in the view. Alternately, you can create a report on Contacts using the Report Wizard, that is grouped on Account Name and displays all contacts ...

Adding button to Form, How to get the wizard?
Hello, I am adding a button to my form and I need the button to open, save or close other forms. I want the wizard to start directly after I add the button to the form. I started first time but than I have to changed someting and it is not running anymore. Can you help me? Thanks a lot Jan, When you have the form in design view goto the Toolbox toolbar and ensure that the Control Wizard (2nd button from the left) button is selected (highlighted). This button can be enabled or disabled. when enable the wizard will startup when disabled it leaves you to do all the worksetup yourself...

In excel how do I delete an option button form already in worksht
Hi Va Run, Try: Activesheet.Shapes("Option Button 1").Delete Change the name of the control to accord with your situation. --- Regards, Norman "Va run" <Va run@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F4F80A0-347F-4603-ABAB-25B635E96C84@microsoft.com... > ...