Add a second linked contact to the account entity

Hi all,

I try to add another linked contact to the account form (like primary
contact) which is a invoice receiver. But when I try to create a
relationship between account and contact I cannot select the contact
entity but only my custom entities.

Is this a known limitation? If yes, is there a workaround available?

Any help is appreciated.

0
GrandiJoos
3/26/2007 1:44:20 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Mar 26, 8:44 am, "GrandiJoos" <grandijoos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I try to add another linked contact to the account form (like primary
> contact) which is a invoice receiver. But when I try to create a
> relationship between account and contact I cannot select the contact
> entity but only my custom entities.
>
> Is this a known limitation? If yes, is there a workaround available?
>
> Any help is appreciated.

If you look in the account entity, there is a section within the
account in the navigation pane for "Relationships".  This may work for
you unless you require the "Invoice Receiver" to be on the front-page
of the account form.  You can not have the contact lookup type
relationship more than once per entity....unless it is there by
default (cases for example allow you to lookup contacts twice on the
main form, but this is default functionality from MS).

Scott
www.easiintl.com

0
Scott
3/27/2007 4:53:24 AM
I found another post on this newsgroup which links to a blog (http://
msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com/ 22 march) that explains how it can be
done. I will try it...

On Mar 27, 6:53 am, "Scott Moore: JourneyTEAM - EASI"
<scottymo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 26, 8:44 am, "GrandiJoos" <grandijoos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
>
> > I try to add another linked contact to the account form (like primary
> > contact) which is a invoice receiver. But when I try to create a
> > relationship between account and contact I cannot select the contact
> > entity but only my custom entities.
>
> > Is this a known limitation? If yes, is there a workaround available?
>
> > Any help is appreciated.
>
> If you look in the account entity, there is a section within the
> account in the navigation pane for "Relationships".  This may work for
> you unless you require the "Invoice Receiver" to be on the front-page
> of the account form.  You can not have the contact lookup type
> relationship more than once per entity....unless it is there by
> default (cases for example allow you to lookup contacts twice on the
> main form, but this is default functionality from MS).
>
> Scottwww.easiintl.com

0
GrandiJoos

How to add newsreader to Outlook 2003 with SP1?
I'm trying to follow the instructions of Start the newsgroup reader. But I cannot find the News command in the command list of the Go menu. I'm using Outlook 2003 with SP1. Thanks. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Code to add wroksheets to a workbook
Hi I have a 2 sheet workbook, and 2 questions about it. :) 1) If I input a (whole) number into cell C3 on Sheet1 ("Main"), I want Excel to create that number of copies of sheet 2. EG, input 2, and I end up with one "Main" sheet and identical sheets which are the original sheet 2 and 2 copies. I've played around some code, but just keep getting errors. 2) The other question is that I have the following code in the 'This Workbook' module: Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) ActiveSheet.Name = Range("AD...

Global Contacts List Issues.
Does anyone know how to synchronize the Global Address List with a users Contacts list? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks. Daryl http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm might be helpful. "darylakagod" <darylakagod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EAE59B3-7A70-46A6-8E19-93A533C7E1C1@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to synchronize the Global Address List with a users > Contacts list? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks. > > Daryl ...

Menu add-on Positions
I am using Office 2003 Pro. Is there a way to control where menu add-ons are positioned? I recently installed Adobe Acrobat and it has a PDF menu. Each time I open a new window to send an email it is in a different position on the menu bar. I drag it to where I want it and next time I open up a new window to send an email it is back on its own line up on the very top of the menus. Also, if I right click to have it not show up on the menu it goes away until the next time I open the new window to send another email. Tim No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to th...

Removing Links?
Is there a global way to remove all links at one time in a workbook or do I have to manually select each linked cell and remove the link individually? Any shortcut toward the removal of links would be very helpful. Thank you. 2002 onwards - Edit / Links / Break Links 2000 previous - Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.xla from here:- http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Contact list as Address Book Question
Windows XP Outlook 2002 I use my Contact list as my Address Book. when I view my Contact list it shows the peoples names like I wish, "Last, First" But, when I create a new e-mail and hit the To button to show the name list for addressing, it shows all the contact names "First, Last" I have looked all over and cannot find how to change this. any ideas? Gary........... Go to Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. > Set your sort order there -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <...

Email account that forwards outside for Exchange 2003?
I've tried Contact, I've tried Universal Distribution group - neither will allow me to choose a Contact as an outside recipient or member. I've had to create a user and forward the message to the contact (with the outside address). But I don't like the user having an account. I tried to find this on Google - I'm sure this is an easy one! Thanks! Is it mail-enabled? On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:59:36 -0700, "an admin too" <stop-spam-please_kilbyfan@aol.com> wrote: >I've tried Contact, I've tried Universal Distribution group - neither will >...

Live.com email account request
Hallo, Nowadays you can not create an emailaddress ending on "@live.com" if you do not live in the USA. You can only access the local country microsoft live site and sign up for an account with the local country topdomain. So is somebody in the USA willing to create an live emailaddress for me. If so pls sent me an email so we can exchange information. Thanks in advance. But Are they using your IP address to decide where you live or the physical address you enter? If the IP, find an anonymous proxy in the US to use and create your own account. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook...

Use Extender to add fields to G\L Transaction Line
I am migrating an in-house developed G\L system to Dynamics GP (GP). Our G\L system has a description of 39 characters and an extended description of 50 characters. The G\L line description within GP line items is 31 characters. Our users are very attached to the descriptive data and want me to migrate the data into GP. Below are several questions and assumptions about using Extender: 1. Can I use Extender to add a Description1 field of 39 characters and an ExtendedDescription field of 50 characters to the G\L Transaction Line table GL10001? 2. If I can add fields to GL10001, I then ...

Print Contacts
Is there a way of printing a list of headers only in contacts and not all the address, tel#, fax info with it? TIA Geoff ...

Add in needed- Holidays
Does anyone know if Microsoft has released an updated Holiday add-in for Outlook 2000. Just noticed the current one expires 2007, and I have not been able to find a more recent one. Anyone know if they plan another release? Or, if a 3rd party one is available? Thank you!!! -- B'rgds, Vinnie Do you mean holiday list? If so, there's some info here that may help: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm "Uncle Vinnie" <vinrin57@optonline.not.net> wrote in message news:e04liyI8HHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if Microsoft has r...

Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager installation Failure
Hi All, Helping a friend via Logmein. He had Microsoft Office 2010 Pro Beta on the computer and uninstalled it himself. I am unable to install Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager in Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit OS. Outlook 2007 installs, but fails to add Mail Icon to the Control Panel, even after creating a new USER Id. Computer is Spyware clean. Business Contact Manager fails to install. Suggestions? -- thecreator ...

Custom Entity having subject lookup
Hi. Could any one suugest me some way how to proceed with custom entity having a lookup as Subject in it(the same way as case form is having a lookup in it). So basically it is relationship between custom entity and system entity. Thanks, Anuj According to Microsoft this can't be done, so I created a new entity to mirror the subject entity and set up an ETL job to keep it up to date. I'm able to create a lookup to my new entity. Because the subject has a hierarchy and a normal CRM lookup wouldn't give me the tree structure that's in the subject search, I built the subject ...

How do I add a domain user account to a local group
I want to add a domain account to a local group during my setup process. At this point the computer has joined the domain but is not logged into it. I've tried using the DirectoryEntry object without success. Dim sUserDN As String = "CN=Me,OU=MyOU,DC=MyDom,DC=com" Dim deUser As New System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry("LDAP://MyDom.Com/" & sUserDN, "Admin", "password", DirectoryServices.AuthenticationTypes.Secure) Dim deLocal As New DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry("WinNT://" + Environment.MachineName + ",c...

Mny 2003/2004 Accounts with -#0 in their name
I noticed that somehow phantom accounts are created with -#0 at the end of the name. For example, my account Wallet has a phantom account Wallet-#0. The transactions in the Wallet-#0 account are the same as transactions in the Wallet account except that the Wallet-#0 account's last transaction is about 2 or three months earlier than the Wallet account. In other words the -#0 is missing the latest transactions. Also the Wallet-#0 account does not appear to have "transfer" transactions categorized as transfers to another account. But I have not verified this with every transaction....

Problem setting up Displays for Contacts and GAL
We are running Exchange 2003 on a pure Windows Server 2003 domain with 100% XP Professional clients. Some of the workstations are running Office XP, some are running Outlook 2000. All workstations and servers have been fully patched to the most current updates via Windows Update and Office Update. Here's my problem. Let's say I have a Contact named "Joe Doakes" who has both a business and a personal email. Pursuant to the Microsoft design model, I keep only one Contact for both and, depending on the nature of the contact, I update the email field with the primary (business o...

Copy & pasted links won't highlight/activate
Using Outlook 2003. While copying & pasting links into an e-mail, the links won't highlight/activate like they used to. As before, all I had to do was hit the Enter key while the cursor was at the end of the link and it would activate. Now it now longer works. Is there a fix for this? I recently set my IE6 pop-up blocker to the "high" setting but I'm assuming that this would not affect Outlook (?) What format is your message being composed with? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question...

Links in Excel #5
I've got several spreadsheets that link to one 'master' spreadsheet. They're all kept on our work X: drive, which is the shared drive for the whole organisation. However, the automatic links have a problem, in that every time I open the master spreadsheet that contains the links, I have to manually find each linked spreadsheet, it doesn't automatically update. Now, I can't see anything wrong with the source file descriptions and I can't think of what else it could be. Does anyone have any advice or tips? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thankyou in advan...

Virtual email accounts?
I would like to create a "virtual" email account which will be associated with a department or function within the company, but that will not have a particular Active Directory user attached to it. For instance, marketing@company.com or ap@company.com . How do I do this? Thanks, Mervin Williams Hi, You could create a distribution list or a public folder with this email address. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelelse news:OtPTWOJ3EHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I would like to create a "virtual" email ...

Local Data Group
I'm familiar with creating Local Data Groups in Outlook. With the Offline client, a Local Data Group is automatically created to sync the owners contacts with the offline database. The problem is that when the user clicks the Contacts chekbox from Outlook | CRM | Options | Synchronization Tab it uses the same Local Data Group that is used for the Offline database. The problem is that I want ALL the contacts for all the accounts that I'm the owner for in my offline database. I do NOT want all those contacts im my Outlook contacts as there can be tens of thousands of contacts. In...

account question
Is there a way to direct incoming mail from two different accounts into one inbox in outlook 2002? any help/ideas? Yes, in ADUC go to the Exchange General tab, click Delivery Options and use the Forwarding Address feature. "ZX4" <kimlagoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:rr%vc.32$9g6.8@nwrdny03.gnilink.net... > Is there a way to direct incoming mail from two different accounts into one > inbox in outlook 2002? any help/ideas? > > where's ADUC and what is it? "Megan Kielman" <megan.kielman@(removethis)weyerhaeuser.com> wrote in message...

How do you add choices to a combo/combo box?
I've tried looking for help every where. I can create/move/resize the box, but i can only put in one choice. Thank you now for any help I may recieve. Ron You can use a list that you refer to, you can hide the list in another sheet.. It differs a bit depending on which of the 2 boxes you are using. (the one from control toolbox or from the forms toolbar) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9197FC80-7230-46A6-8C59-360EF2C04F7C@microsoft.com... > I've tried looking for help every where. I can create/move/res...

How do I set my email account to automatically blind copy me
When an email is sent out how do I have it automatically send a copy back to me? "dbrite" <dbrite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F84BAC1-01E5-4A15-9319-50198B7ACCA9@microsoft.com... > When an email is sent out how do I have it automatically send a copy back > to > me? Why would you want to? Outlook by default saves a copy of the sent email in your Sent Items... Gordon wrote: > "dbrite" <dbrite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:7F84BAC1-01E5-4A15-9319-50198B7ACCA9@microsoft.com... >...

Multiple POP accounts #2
My family and I use a home PC connected wirelessly to ADSL. We prefer not to use multiple user accounts. I realise this problem can be easily overcome by creating multiple user accounts, however it's something we'd like to avoid. We have 3 different POP accounts with our ISP, and would like to know if its possible to have 3 separate 'Personal Folders' listings on the left, one for each of us. Currently all our mail is being downloaded to the one 'Inbox'. We want each different POP account to be stored in a different area. Thanks You cannot have seperate data fi...

enable replace and add format
Hi, can you please help.. I used to find and replace text and change format in the cell..but wit my new laptop, same windows xp edition the replace windows does no allow me to do it. thx -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi click on the 'Options' button in the Replace dialog and you should see the format options -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "eagerowl >" <<eagerowl.16smyi@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eagerowl.16smyi@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, can you please help.. > I used to find and replace text an...