Add a close case button

Hi,

Is there any way I can add a button fairly easily on to the case screen so
that agents can just click a button to close a case rather than need to click
actions and then resolve case? I'm not interested in the cancel and delete
cases just the resolve button.

Many thanks,

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
Yes, it is possible but it will require some custom programming using CRM
SDK. A code will be developed which will be called on click of the button.
That code will resolve the case. You need to programming skills for it.
Download CRM SDK for details.

You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any help on this.
--
PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
feedback.

uMar Khan
Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com

"Mark Davies" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way I can add a button fairly easily on to the case screen so
> that agents can just click a button to close a case rather than need to click
> actions and then resolve case? I'm not interested in the cancel and delete
> cases just the resolve button.
>
> Many thanks,

You don't have to use SDK, just simply put this code on isv.config.xml

<Entity name="incident">
<ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1">
        <Button Title="Resolve Case" Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif"
JavaScript="resolve();" />
</ToolBar>
</Entity>

--
Technical Consultant  @ United Kingdom - Microsoft CRM | SharePoint | Office

"Mark Davies" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way I can add a button fairly easily on to the case screen so
> that agents can just click a button to close a case rather than need to click
> actions and then resolve case? I'm not interested in the cancel and delete
> cases just the resolve button.
>
> Many thanks,

Great, thanks for that Jim. When I search for isv.config.xml all I can find
are three copies of isv.config.xsd.

Any suggestions appreciated?

Many thanks,
Mark

"Mark Davies" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way I can add a button fairly easily on to the case screen so
> that agents can just click a button to close a case rather than need to click
> actions and then resolve case? I'm not interested in the cancel and delete
> cases just the resolve button.
>
> Many thanks,

Thank you Jim. Great!

--

"Jim Wang" wrote:

> You don't have to use SDK, just simply put this code on isv.config.xml
>
> <Entity name="incident">
> <ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1">
>         <Button Title="Resolve Case" Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif"
> JavaScript="resolve();" />
> </ToolBar>
> </Entity>
>

> --
> Technical Consultant  @ United Kingdom - Microsoft CRM | SharePoint | Office
> | Scribe Data Migration
>

> "Mark Davies" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any way I can add a button fairly easily on to the case screen so
> > that agents can just click a button to close a case rather than need to click
> > actions and then resolve case? I'm not interested in the cancel and delete
> > cases just the resolve button.
> >
> > Many thanks,

it's ok.

the one you need is located in: <CRMWeb>\_Resources\isv.config.xml
You may find and replace: <Entity name="incident" />
by codes provided above.

--

"Mark Davies" wrote:

> Great, thanks for that Jim. When I search for isv.config.xml all I can find
> are three copies of isv.config.xsd.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated?
>
> Many thanks,
> Mark
>

> "Mark Davies" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any way I can add a button fairly easily on to the case screen so
> > that agents can just click a button to close a case rather than need to click
> > actions and then resolve case? I'm not interested in the cancel and delete
> > cases just the resolve button.
> >
> > Many thanks,

Hi,
Following URL will help you;

"Mark Davies" wrote:

> Great, thanks for that Jim. When I search for isv.config.xml all I can find
> are three copies of isv.config.xsd.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated?
>
> Many thanks,
> Mark
>

> "Mark Davies" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any way I can add a button fairly easily on to the case screen so
> > that agents can just click a button to close a case rather than need to click
> > actions and then resolve case? I'm not interested in the cancel and delete
> > cases just the resolve button.
> >
> > Many thanks,

Hi,

I've finally got round to doing this. I can see what the codes supposed to
do and put an icon on the toolbar but I'm not getting anything appearing.
I've followed the instructions to the letter so not sure what I could be
doing wrong? I've made sure the image is in the right place and the link to
it is correct.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

"Jim Wang" wrote:

> it's ok.
>
> the one you need is located in: <CRMWeb>\_Resources\isv.config.xml
> You may find and replace: <Entity name="incident" />
> by codes provided above.
>
> --
> Technical Consultant  @ United Kingdom - Microsoft CRM | SharePoint | Office
> | Scribe Data Migration
>

> "Mark Davies" wrote:
>
> > Great, thanks for that Jim. When I search for isv.config.xml all I can find
> > are three copies of isv.config.xsd.
> >
> > Any suggestions appreciated?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Mark
> >

> > "Mark Davies" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Is there any way I can add a button fairly easily on to the case screen so
> > > that agents can just click a button to close a case rather than need to click
> > > actions and then resolve case? I'm not interested in the cancel and delete
> > > cases just the resolve button.
> > >
> > > Many thanks,

Jim,
This was very helpful. I'd like to add "New Appointment", "Phone Call", etc
to the case menu bar. I've looked through SDK and can't figure it out. Any
help you can provide would be greatly appericated.

Thanks.

"Jim Wang" wrote:

> You don't have to use SDK, just simply put this code on isv.config.xml
>
> <Entity name="incident">
> <ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1">
>         <Button Title="Resolve Case" Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif"
> JavaScript="resolve();" />
> </ToolBar>
> </Entity>
>

> --
> Technical Consultant  @ United Kingdom - Microsoft CRM | SharePoint | Office
> | Scribe Data Migration
>

> "Mark Davies" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any way I can add a button fairly easily on to the case screen so
> > that agents can just click a button to close a case rather than need to click
> > actions and then resolve case? I'm not interested in the cancel and delete
> > cases just the resolve button.
> >
> > Many thanks,

I am getting all buttons to work except for deletion of the Incident.
I have tried deleteObject(112), delete() etc.

Greatful for some help:-)

/Lotten

"uMar Khan" wrote:

> Hi,
> Following URL will help you;

> PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
> feedback.
>
> uMar Khan
> Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
>

> "Mark Davies" wrote:
>
> > Great, thanks for that Jim. When I search for isv.config.xml all I can find
> > are three copies of isv.config.xsd.
> >
> > Any suggestions appreciated?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Mark
> >

> > "Mark Davies" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Is there any way I can add a button fairly easily on to the case screen so
> > > that agents can just click a button to close a case rather than need to click
> > > actions and then resolve case? I'm not interested in the cancel and delete
> > > cases just the resolve button.
> > >
> > > Many thanks,

0
LottenHolm (31)
5/27/2008 12:02:01 PM
Hi

This looks like really useful customization which I will be testing in a
short while. I just wanted to ask if anyone is aware of how to remove the
'Resolve Case' button from the Actions menu. I assume that this will work in
CRM 3.0 and in CRM 4.0.

I can remove the 'Write' permissions so the users will not see the button
however I would like them to edit other areas of the case. I just want to
remove the button.

Thanks

"Lotten Holm" wrote:

> I am getting all buttons to work except for deletion of the Incident.
> I have tried deleteObject(112), delete() etc.
>
> Greatful for some help:-)
>
> /Lotten
>

> "uMar Khan" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Following URL will help you;
> > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa681497.aspx
> >
> > --
> > PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
> > feedback.
> >
> > uMar Khan
> > Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
> >

> > "Mark Davies" wrote:
> >
> > > Great, thanks for that Jim. When I search for isv.config.xml all I can find
> > > are three copies of isv.config.xsd.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions appreciated?
> > >
> > > Many thanks,
> > > Mark

Based on code from a different thread, here is the code I used for CRM 4:

<Entity name="incident">
<ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1">
<Button Icon="/_imgs/ico_16_4206.gif" JavaScript="resolve();">
<Titles>
<Title LCID="1033" Text="Resolve Case"/>
</Titles>
<ToolTips>
<ToolTip LCID="1033" Text="Resolve the Case"/>
</ToolTips>
</Button>
</ToolBar>
</Entity>

"Jim Wang" wrote:

> You don't have to use SDK, just simply put this code on isv.config.xml
>
> <Entity name="incident">
> <ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1">
>         <Button Title="Resolve Case" Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif"
> JavaScript="resolve();" />
> </ToolBar>
> </Entity>
>

> --
> Technical Consultant  @ United Kingdom - Microsoft CRM | SharePoint | Office
> | Scribe Data Migration
>

> "Mark Davies" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any way I can add a button fairly easily on to the case screen so
> > that agents can just click a button to close a case rather than need to click
> > actions and then resolve case? I'm not interested in the cancel and delete
> > cases just the resolve button.
> >
> > Many thanks,

0
ChrisEakin (13)

OL2007, messages don't always close after sending
Let's say I've just finished a spreadsheet and I want to send it to someone. I'll click the big Office button and choose Send -> Email, and up pops a new email message with my spreadsheet attached. All fine so far until I click the Send button (or Alt-S, or Ctrl-Enter, doesn't matter which). The message appears in the Outbox and Outlook will send it, but it also stays open in front of Excel until I click the Close button. I can still make further edits to my workbook, but the email message is in the way and I can't see what I'm doing, until I manually close...

How to add another user's Contacts folder to my Address Book?
Background: Exchange 2003 Server w/ Outlook 2000/2003 clients. I can add any Contacts folders in my mailbox to my Address Book by going into the Properties of the folder and checking "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" on the "Outlook Address Book" tab. However, if I have another user's mailbox (to which I have full permission) in my Folder List, I do not have this option in any of their Contacts folders. How do I add another user's Contacts folder, displayed in my Folder List, to my Address Book? TIA, roshan After a bit of research on SlipStick.com...

Format Painter button problem
When I wish to format several cells the same I double click the format painter and I am able to format each cell without reclicking the button. I have just upgraded to Excel 2003 and now I can only do that on a worksheet that hasn't any VBA code attached. Is this a bug? I know other people on Mr Excel are having the same problem and no one seems to have an answer. Thanks for any response or help you may give me. Skip Depends upon the VBA code attached, I would imagine. If you have worksheet event code that formatted cells, this formatting would overwrite what you painted with the...

Outlook 2003 fails to terminate when closed
MS Outlook continues running as a process when terminated (as shown by Task Manager); it disappears from the Applications tab but remains under the Processes tab. If Outlook is reloaded, two copies appear under Processes (albeit the second with only small memory usage) but nothing under Applications. If the two copies are killed (End Process in Task Manager) and Outlook is then reloaded again, I'm informed that Outlook failed to load properly and do I want it loading in Safe Mode now. Outlook loads successfully in either mode, but still leaves a copy of itself behind under Processe...

Close opportunity #2
Hello everybody, I know I have no posibility to customise the "opportunityclose" -entity but I need to change some attributes. In my example I like to change the statuscode values. Thanks for your help You need to customize opportunity entity, statuscode attribute (Status Reason) "Gerd Gottschall" <GerdGottschall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73847649-7E5F-443C-9600-BCC2089E3B24@microsoft.com... > Hello everybody, I know I have no posibility to customise the > "opportunityclose" -entity but I need to change some attributes....

Office 2004 Project Gallery
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3184399017_17854679 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit In the main screen of the Office 2004 Project Gallery, there are icons for things like �Mail Message� and �Calendar Event�. How can I add, for example, �Address Book Entry� or �Task� to the Project Gallery? --B_3184399017_17854679 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML...

Add a new code macro
I have workbook that I am trying to use with a macro form another post on this form. It inserts a new row with the formulas and contents of the selected row. The problem is that it copies the row below the one selected, and because of this, I can not make a copy of row 2 below the column headers. Any ideas? Thanks. Here is the code: '/=======Start of Code==========================/ Sub InsertRowsAndFillFormulas() 'adds desired # of lines below the current line and ' copies the formulas to that/those lines 'added selection of more than one worksheet ' - Gary L. Brown &#...

I can add an extra calendar, but can't share it??
At my workplace we have a dozen of calendars for the rooms we use, like: - Meeting room1 - Meeting room2 - Jobcar1 - Jobcar2 and so on. Now we have calendar-books for each of them, and every time I want to reserve a room or the car I have to walk at least 50 meters... I thought it would have been nice if we could use Outlook calendar for this, I have now added a calendar, but it's not possible for anybody else to open it..? why? Are there better ways of doing this? (I know there are web-calendars and so on, but outlook would be much more convenient).. Best regards, =D8ystein In ne...

How can i use a command button to validate date and time
I have two command buttons, each on a different sheet. i need both of them to put the current date in one cell on its sheet and current time in another on its sheet. i also need these cells to be locked so the user can only edit these cells by clicking the command button. Any answers? ...

"The underlying connection was closed" Error
Hi!, I'm using WebRequest to post a URL. But, sometimes, this tell me the error "The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.". I don't know why!!. This worked perfect in .NET 1.1, but in .NET 2.0, I has this behavior. Thanks! ...

Error 1004 Workbooks.Add Inplace-Activation
Hi ! I don't know if I am in the correct forum but here it comes any way Sub AddWorkBook() ThisWorkbook.Application.Workbooks.Add End Sub this simple macro only works from the debugger environment if I have XL Inplace Activated Is there any workarounds ? Best regards Magnus Is it so that XL has a state that it cannot do this ? COleClientItem::activeUIState Do I have to change state to pItem->DoVerb (OLEIVERB_OPEN, pView ); ???? "Magnus Pettersson" <magnus@businessvision.se> wrote in message news:uRngzLSvEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi ! > I d...

make command button invisible
Could someone please tell me the syntax to make a command button visible or invisible? I was hoping it would be something easy like: commandbutton.visible = false but that isn't working. thanks for any help I just recorded this Sub Macro7() ' ' Macro7 Macro ' Macro recorded 6/29/2004 by Don Guillett ' ' Application.CommandBars("Control Toolbox").Visible = True ActiveSheet.Shapes("CommandButton1").Select Range("J15").Select Application.CommandBars("Control Toolbox").Visible = False End Sub Seems like a lot o...

Any add on products I can use with SOP
We are trying to keep track of our orders that are not ready to be processed for reasons such as waiting for approval from customer, waiting for confirm ship date, needing customization and therefore take longer in production... We want to be able to add a comment that has a date and an action date. Date is the date someone enter in a comment, action date will be a date when someone needs to follow up. We need multiple dates and multiple comments for a single order and do not want everything type together in one comment field. We already have collection main module and we can use so...

Toolbar of different sizes of button
Hi All, I am trying to create a toolbar for IE using ATL+MFC. I want to create a toolbar just like google but without any combobox etc. simple buttons but I have to have different size of buttons on the toolbar. like the first button would be more in width the second and thrid one would be smaller. I tried using SetBitmapSize(); SetButtonSize(); for this but it doesnt seem working.(I am not using imagelist at the moment) if it is better to use imagelist in this situation? more over I put a button image extracting it from MSN toolbar it was a bitmap with pink back ground when I used it as im...

Open file(2) from file(1) and then close file(1)
I need to open a file(2) when I open file(1) and then close file(1) File(1) name can change so I need variables. sequence will be Open File(1) Open File(2)... I do it by the following macro: Public LaunchFile As String 'in this public variable I want to keep file(1) name Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim lDir, lFile, lFileMtr As String lDir = Sheets("launch").Range("B2") & "\" 'direction of my file to open lFile = Sheets("launch").Range("B3") & ".xls" 'file name to openm lFi...

Add Vendor Doc. No. to Return from Project Entry screen
We can enter the Vendor Doc. No. in the Returns from Inventory Entry but there is no available field in the Return from Project Entry screen. We'd also like to have the Apply To option when entering a return so the invoice and the credit could link on the PM side. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and th...

Posting to a new year without closing the previous year
Hi, I need to clear some doubts about entering transactions in a current year without closing the previous year Is GL posting to a new year not allowed Is Transaction affecting the Inventory quantities not allowed. Thanks Asma Asma: You can post to both inventory and GL without closing the current year. In GL there will be no issues whatsoever. In inventory there will be some smartlist objects and other information that will not be correct when you look at some historical "year to date", "current year", or "prior year" type inquiries and reports. "...

Using a form to add records to XML document
Hi, I haveto use VB to create a form that reads an exisiting XML file= and then allows updates via the VB form=2E My problem is that I was able to get VB to read a simple XML file= (people=2EXML), but I'm having problems figuring out how to get VB= to read a more complex XML file (people2=2Exml) and then use= additional text boxes on the same form to add more family= members=2E Each family can have from 1 to 5 members=2E I've pasted the working code below that read people=2Exml but would appreciate any assistance regarding people2=2Exml Thanks much, kyma people=2Exml --- SIM...

Macro button on toolbar
Hi How can I make a specific button for a workbook and assign a specific macro program for this. I have a problem of a button run every workbook. Thanks Daniel ...

Radio Button Forecolor
Is there a way to change the green color inside the radio button to red or yellow by code or any other method in Access 2003 as a way to indicate a certain status? Any help greatful! Thanks! On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:41:38 GMT, "LilC" <u56349@uwe> wrote: No. You may want to create some fake radiobuttons using images of various colors, and setting their visibility to true or false depending on the situation. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Is there a way to change the green color inside the radio button to red or >yellow by code or any other method in Ac...

Error when closing Process Server
I am getting an error when closing the Process Server. The error title bar: DDE Server Window: Dynamics.exe - Application Error Error Message: The exception unknown software exception (0xc00200001) occurred in the application at location 0x77e4bee7. Click on OK to terminate the program Has anyone seen this error before, or know how to correct? Windows 2003 Server, GP10 sp2... ...

Get a specifc button Handle inside ribbon
Hi, Im trying to make a program that clicks on a specific button inside a specif ribbon. I think i got use sendMessage to complete this task but first i need to find the handle of the button. So far i can get the handle oh the excel and then i used EnumChild Windows to find childs handles. But looking at the child texts i cant get anything thats looks with a the ribbon or the button. Can some one helpme? Should i look inside an specif child to find the ribbon and then inside the ribbon to find the button? if yes which one? Thnaks Sink I don't think the ribbon exposes ...

"Help Menu" does not close
How do I close the "Help Menu"? I notice on both Entourage Help and Word Help, that there is no close or hide button. The Help Menu just rides on top of the program until I quit the entire program. I can make the window really small by dragging the corner, but it still sits on top of the main program. I know I have to be missing something simple here, but I have been looking at this for 3 days and do not know how to get rid of it. Thank you, Michael Tall Entourage and Word Help do have a close and maximize button (the minimize button is greyed out). You probably don't noti...

Add-In? Tracking Customer Zip Codes
I have a customer who wants to track his customer's home zip codes to determine the demographics of his customer basee. Many large chains do this, i.e., Home Depot, Best Buy. It would need to be an enforced entry for the cashier so they would not forget to ask. We would set up a dummy zip code for any customer who does not want to give zip code. Obviously we would need reporting capability. Is there an add-in for this or does anyone have a "work-around" to capture and report on this data? Thanks for your time and knowledge. Hi Jeff, I'm trying to do somethin...

Add Contact List
In my Outlook 2007 contacts I have a "sub-list" called HOA, but when I click on "To" to send a message and the contact list comes up, the HOA list does not appear as an option. How can I add it to the Address Book ? __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4306 (20090804) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Right click on the folder, choose Properties, go to the Outlook Address Book tab and select the option to see the folder as an address book "Jan Groshan" <...