Activity Rollup from custom entity

I assumed that when a custom entity was created and then a Relationship
created - eg. to Account, where Account is the parent, then the activities
created under the custom entity would be visible directly under the Account -
Like they are if you create acrivities under an Acocunt Contact for instance.

This seems not to be the case.  Can anyone confirm?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Custom Fit to Page
Does anyone know how to fit multiple pages to page? What I mean by this is I have a worksheet that is 707 rows and I've set the page breaks to break the worksheet into 8 pages. The pages are set to letter size. However, some pages have empty space at the top and bottom, and other pages fill out the page completely. This is because each page has a different amount of rows in it obviously. I want to make it so each page is "fit to page" where there is no empty space at the top and bottom, regardless of how many rows each page has. Hopefully what I'm saying makes sense. ...

New computer...Activating Outlook 2003
I just purchased a new computer. It came with Outlook 2003 trial on it. I have Outlook 2003 on my old computer so I chose the option to not activate the trial but to use the Product ID of a purchased copy. I did and it says it is an invalid product key. What? It worked just fine when I installed it on my old computer. Why is it not taking the product key? Do I need to unstall the Outlook 2003 on the new computer and re-install it from my cd? Thanks! Goto Add/remove programs and check if you have Office trial version installed if so then uninstall and that should take care of the problem. V...

Custom Serialization
Could anyone tell me if this is possible please? I have a class which looks like the following Class MyClass public mblnUpdateMyProp1 as boolean public mintMyProp1 as int16 public mblnUpdateMyProp2 as boolean public mintMyProp2 as int16 end class This serializes to <MyClass> <mblnUpdateMyProp1>True</mblnUpdateMyProp1> <mintMyProp1>2</mintMyProp1> <mblnUpdateMyProp2>True</mblnUpdateMyProp2> <mintMyProp1>3</mintMyProp1> </MyClass> Now I know you can control serialization with attributes such XmlElementAtt...

where is "autocalculate" and how do i activate it
Maybe.... In xl2003: Tools|Options|Calculation tab Check Automatic jumpinjj wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

"No resource have been selected for this activity"?
When creating an appointment by clicking the "follow up" button on the screen of a contact, after I fill out the fields on the form assistant and click "Save and Open", I would get this message "No resource have been selected for this activity". Why? and how to get rid of this warning? Thx. ------=_NextPart_0001_0A0CD6AA Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <phw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When creating an appointment by clicking the "follow up" button on the screen > of a contact, after I fill out the field...

Need historical tracking of activity coming into GP via eConnect
Currently if transactions come into GP via eConnect then get deleted for some reason, there is no audit trail of what happened to these transactions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrows...

Who thinks MSFT will NOT release a "non-activation" version of Mon
I know MSFT has about 9 months to meet their promise and release a version of Money that does not require activation, but what is their motivation to do so? It appears that Money's market share was below 20% and who knows how many have already switched to Quicken or will do so by Jan 2011. In order to avoid a PR debacle around stranding users' financial data, I'm beginning to think that MSFT will say that they lent Quicken an MSFT software engineer to create a converter and will give people a coupon for some $$ off quicken 2010 or 2011. Or MS might release an offl...

detailed customization
Hi, Just started looking at MS CRM. We have a client who has started using it and want us to do major customizations. I have already added a few custom forms (in the form of external asp.net applications). I want some more info (I have searched this NG and didn't find and conclusive answers) what I want to know is: 1. Can I add a new entity like the built-in entities and then link (mapping?) the new entity to a built-in entity? Basically what I want is to add a new table in the database and then have the ability to create objects accessible through the proxy dll. If it is not possi...

how do I customize my menubar using a2007?
I've move to A2007. The menubar I created in A2003 is still there but how do I now customize it? Jesper I believe that you can only customize it in Access 2003, since 2007 doesn't use menubars anymore. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Jesper F" <jesperfjoelner@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:47e24896$0$90274$14726298@news.sunsite.dk... > I've move to A2007. The menubar I created in A2003 is still there but how > do I now customize it? > > Jesper > >I believe tha...

Help needed with customer address entity
Our company sends out a great variety of documents to clients, each of whom can have multiple addresses. To complicate matters, clients frequently request different document types to be mailed to different addresses. For example, John Doe may want accounting documents sent to his "Home" address, tax documents sent to his "Work" address, quarterly letter documents sent to his "Vacation" address, etc. The easiest way to track this would be to relate my new custom entity 'Documents' to the customer address entity and the contact entity, then customize a fo...

Adding custom fields to dynamically created controls.
I created a custom Outlook (2003) form that imports data from Access to populate user defined fields and create additional controls based on the number of records in an Access query. Everything works fine except the data the user enters for the dynamically created controls don't hold their value when the form is sent. I am quessing that is because there is no user defined fields bound to them. (how do I do this) I have been looking on the net but cannot find anything close enough. Any help (examples) would be appreciated. Look at http://www.outlookcode.com/d/formcontrols.htm, lots of inf...

Forcing users to use a custom Contacts form OR removing Contacts
Using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000 Is it possible to set it so all users use a cusom contacts form for new items in their "Outlook Today" folders? Or better still, is there a way to remove the Contacts folder, or make it point to a folder in the public folders tree? Thanks! Sparks... ...

Collect Infos from an entity
Hi, When I create a Appointment and when I choose the contact for this appointment, I wish indicate the address of the contact on the Appointment form. Someone knows how to do it ? Thanks Regards, WTCSO ...

Error occurred in deployment step 'Activate Features':
i receive an error when i deploy a simple visual web parts in by VHD ------=_NextPart_0001_A00A1332 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Ansari, Please mention the exact error message you are getting in ULS logs Look into application logs for related error messages. How to get the right set of ULS logs =========================================== Run following command on the Web Front Sever serving the SharePoint site: net stop sptrace net start sptrace These commands will force SharePoint to start logging to a new file. Now try to repr...

Error when trying to customize attributes
Recently we had a system failure and ended up restoring our CRM 3.0 to a newer version of 3.0. Everything seemed fine for a while until we attempted to do some additional customizing with the attributes. This is the error we are getting: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an obje...

Sharing activities history
Hi, we have created a shared folder for a set of contacts (Exchange server). I want to set up all the activities linked to a contact. A typical use would be so that if a colleague is ill and we have a meeting set up with a contact we can have a quick look at recent communications. I read some previous threads that suggested this was not possible, but they are 3 years old and I was hoping that there had been an update?! We are using Outlook 2007. Thanks, Graeme There hasn't been an update. You are limited to seeing activities in your mailbox or 1 public folder at a time....

Export directory entry type mailboxes as type custom recipients (remote)
Hi, As a prelude to the final, way overdue, extinguishing Exchange 5.5, want I want to do is export from the GAL all the mailboxes in the other sites, but convert them in a single operation to type custom recipients (remote). At which point I will remove our x.400 connector, then import all of the custom recipients back into our own administrative group. I am aware that no further directory synchonization will occur. I am aware that there are solutions for sychronizing between active directories (MIIS, federations, LDAP address books, etc.), but I have no cooperation from any other responsi...

Remove entities from account card
Which is the easiest way to remove quote, order and invoice from the accountcard in the menu to the left? The easiest, and supported, way is to remove permissions to those entities. The unsupported way is to use client script in the form's onload event -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Martin" wrote: > Which is the easiest way to remove quote, order and invoice from the > accountcard in the menu to the left? ...

Quote for Customer Report Problem
I create a printable quote form using Crystal Reports base don Michael Yourshaw's method (send GUID to aspx page and redirect to the report). But I have a problem. When I press the 'open quote in Crystal' button on the quote form, I have to enter my username and password again to be able to see the report. How can I solve this? Thx! ...

customizations grayed out on the IE toolbar context menu
hello, from some reason, i have many items in the context menu of the toolbar area of IE grayed out. for example: status bar, favorites bar,command bar, etc... even the items in the "customize" submenu are grayed here's a screenshot: http://yfrog.com/e520100111170645crp please tell me how to fix it. We can't do squat to help you until you state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit). What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription cur...

Active synch error event id 3005
Hi all I am running exchange 2003 sp1 jsut recently i have a user who everytime he synchs i get an error in the app log on the server, its event ID 3005 Unexpected Exchange mailbox Server error: Server: [thebeast.insuranceskillscenter.com] User: [joeuser@domain.com] HTTP status code: [502]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly. Any idea on what is causing this? Thanks ...

Keyboard Shortcut to toggle b/w Find and Replace and Active Worksheet?
Hi: I open the Find and replace Dialogue Box using CTRL+F and then enter the value I am looking for. Excel moves the cursor to the cell in question with the found value. Is there anyway to then use the keyboard to move from the dialogue box into the actual worksheet, without having to mouse click back into the open file? It seems there has to be some type of way to use the keyboard to move from the Find Dialogue box without using the mouse. I hope I am being clear on what I am trying to do, it seems very simple yet I cannot figure out what keyboard command to use to basically select the Exce...

Error when closing an Activity
CRM 3.0 upgraded from 1.2 Most things work but the following error is displayed when closingan activity. Although the activity is closed. How can I fix this? [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218 Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.TaskWebService.Retrieve(Guid id, ColumnSetBase columnSet) +100 Microsoft...

Exporting Unpublished Customizations
Hello all... We started development of some changes on Production Server A, and we'd like to move them to Test Server B so we can test them before we publish them in production. When I export the entities from server A, and import & publish them on server B, only the already-published entities are available on server B. Editing an entity does not show any of the unpublished changes. Is there a way to move the unpublished changes, or do we need to publish what we've got and hope for the best? We're using CRM 3.0, Rollup #2. Thanks... Travis Hi Travis; there's no opti...

Find cases without activities
I am trying to maka a view that finds all cases without any activities e.g. service activity, call etc. I tried several cobinations but not succeed. Any ideas? thanks! Perttis, You really can't, at least not using Advanced Find. If you're good with SQL, you can write a SQL query that does a left join of the case table to the activitybase table, but that still won't allow users in CRM to do anything with the results (like create activities for them). But, you can tie an SRS report to a SQL query or stored procedure that can get you that info, so that's one way to go. The...