Activities for an Opportunity Order

Is there any way to have activities for an Order in an Opportunity rollup and
appear in the Activities/History for the Opportunity?  They show up for the
related account, but it would be helpful to be able to see these in the
related Opportunity.

Thanks,
-Rick M.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Apr 20, 12:10 pm, Rick M <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to have activities for an Order in an Opportunity rollup and
> appear in the Activities/History for the Opportunity?  They show up for the
> related account, but it would be helpful to be able to see these in the
> related Opportunity.
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick M.

Rick,

If you regard the activity against the order, and the order references
the opportunity then any activity you create against the order
(regarding the order) will appear in the history of the opportunity
when the view is set the "Related Records" (which is the default
view).  This is true for everything in CRM.  As long as you reference
the lowest branch in the tree of relationships the activity will
appear under the related records view of the parent trees.  For that
reason, you may want to consider always regarding the lowest branch on
the tree of entities, i.e. sending an e-mail to a contact without
regarding anything will make that e-mail appear in the contact's
history as well as their parent account history (when the view in
parent account history is set to related records).

Scott Moore
www.easiintl.com

0
Scott

SOP
Does anybody know of a 3rd party tool or a GP module that can do sales order scheduling - ie. using some kind of intelligent logic that looks at the requested ship date and the availability of items, generates a list of orders that can / should ship now (giving priority to orders w/ earlier ship dates). (Kind of a reverse PO Generator). We process 50 - 100 orders a day, and have 500 - 1000 open orders in the system at any given time (some dated months in the future). Right now, we are often stuck checking line by line whether an order can ship complete ... Thx in advance for any he...

auto subtract order taken from supply table
I am new to access and I really need some help. I have two tables, order table and supply table. Each table has an order form and a supply form respectively. This database is use to collect supply items and the order form is to record who collects the items from supply. Everything runs fine expect that when an item is removed from the order table it does not auto subtract from the quantity field of the supply table. The supply table has InventoryID, CategoryName and Quantity. Whereas, the Order table has InventoryID, CategoryName and Quantity Out. I will like to have an update query t...

Transfer Order to Invoice
I have an order with 10 line items. I am using a seperate fulfilment method. I have stock for all 10 line items. All of the inventory is allocated. I need to ship one line item ASAP. I fulfill that line item but when I transfer all of the line items transfer to the invoice but are unfulfilled. In version 9.0 only the line item fulfilled tranferred and other remained on the order. Is this a change in 10.0 and how do I get around it. The user does not want to have to create another order which would be a lot of work when it used to work the way they needed it to work. Any suggest...

Sort numbers with text in ascending order
I am having a difficult time sorting the following list: MY List How Excel Sorts I Need 2148-00 1472-00 171B-00 1480C-00 1480B-00 171C-00 1480B-00 1480C-00 1472-00 1472-00 171B-00 2148-00 171C-00 171C-00 1480B-00 171B-00 2148-00 1480C-00 I have tried formatting numbers as text and other options. I am at my wits end now. Is this sort even possible? Please help. Tania TVOUK Where is the logic to your sort please? If you can identify that then a sort may be possible! ...

ne peu activer l'imprimante, cause, spouler not running
Comment faire pour activer le spouler? Using Winow XP Please find a french newsgroup for your problem because we don't deal with French frogs here! hth jpbrouard@hotmail.com wrote: > > Comment faire pour activer le spouler? > Using Winow XP -- THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD55ZRA OR ITS ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING DI...

How to delete an opportunity
Hi there After testing our new CRM we want to go live with it. While cleaning all entries and deleting all testopportunities i figured out, that some opportunities can't be deleted. It seems that these are the ones where a contract is linked to. But I neither can delete a contract nor a opportunity. Does anyone has an idea how to do that? For statistics and reports this would be helpfull. Greetings ------=_NextPart_0001_17916810 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After testing our new CRM we want to go live ...

Purchase orders
Is there any way to have purchase orders print size matrixe horizontally instead of vertically? I can place an order for fiv style of shoes and the PO will be four pages long because of th large number of different sizes in the matrix. If the size matri could print horizontally, the PO would be about a third of a singl page. I'm talking about Quicksell. But what about RMS also? Do you need t buy a third party program for another $1,000 to make this happen ...

vlookup not working (active)
I have a random problem with vlookup that I've not been able to figure out. Sometimes when I try to lookup a value on a different workbook using vlookup, the formula disappears when I swich to the other workbook. I'm wondering if this has something to do with the format that the workbooks are save in. To work around this problem I end up having to copy the worksheet from the other workbook and paste it into the workbook I'm doing the vlookup in. This works, but is rather annoying. What causes this problem, and what's the solution? If the =vlookup() formula disappea...

setting the same choice and order of the fields in all the folders
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C422DC.8D05E5E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do I set the same choice and order of the fields in all the folders? For the moment the View settings apply to a particular folder and I have = to set them manually in every folder. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C422DC.8D05E5E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="koi8-r" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <...

Activity creation issues
I have coma across a couple of issues when creating activities: 1) When creating phone call, regardless of the direction, the sender remains as the owner and the recipient the related customer (assuming this is created from within a contact's view). This means that the incoming phonecall is recorded as being sent by one of our staff, despite it being received by them. I have attempted to create workflow to rectify this but it appears to fail to fire (presumably because there is a conflict as one cannot simply get the sender/recipient to switch, resulting in duplicates, and thus e...

how do i activate outlook setup wizard
i was not ready to upgrade from express...now I am and can't figure out how to activate the wizard to transfer my suff On 2006-10-17 18:20:02 -0500, odkelly <odkelly@discussions.microsoft.com> said: > i was not ready to upgrade from express...now I am and can't figure out > how to activate the wizard to transfer my suff ==== FILE, IMPORT????? 'File|Export|Messages' from Outlook Express to move the messages 'File|Import and Export|Import Internet Mail and Addresses' from Outlook to move addresses; be sure to uncheck the "Import Mail" checkbox...

Credit memos / negative quantities on invoices/orders in general
Greetings, I am using the CRM SDK to create invoices and orders in CRM from a backend ERP system. It seems that the SDK will not allow any negative or zero dollar amount or quantity to be saved to either invoices or orders. Invoices are a more substantial problem for me since our customers want to run some simple sales reports from CRM directly and without credit memo's, the reports cannot be accurate. Am I doing something wrong with the SDK or is there some configuration in CRM itself that would allow the credits to be loaded? Regards, --Paul Galvin ISSG I had a similar p...

All e-mails forwarded to CRM queue as activities
Hello everyone, I am having an odd issue with CRM, every e-mail sent from the Exchange server is forwarded to CRM to the accepted task queue. I just get an activity with "FW:OriginalTitle" where I can see the sender and not the content of the e-mail (thankfully). Has anyone else had this problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ...

group polciy not updating through active directory
Hi i am using windows 2000 server and active directory , i was trying to set up the proxy setting in active directory to limit the internet use by putting some exceptions websites that they can visit, it was working fine ealrier but now i am trying to add more sites to exception list and it dont work also other seetings seems stopped working as well. for example user can not go to internet options even when i change the policy to not configured, i try to install and use group policy management tool but no luckkk, please help me in this i am getting frustrated here... You need to ask ...

How to not show particular Activity Types
Does anyone have a suggestion to hide particular activity types (such as Fax, Service Request, Campaign Response) when a user clicks Add Activity? We have a call center that will only be scheduling tasks for other users, so we want to hide all of the unused items. We are in 3.0. Thanks for any suggestions -- Steve Luc Senior Consultant InfoGrow Corp (330)929-1353 x222 ...

How do I reverse the row order in Excel, not based on content?
I need to flip an Excel worksheet containing many rows and columns 'top-to tail', so that, for example, row 1 becomes row 1000 and vice-versa. This does not fit the usual 'sort' criteria, as cell content is not relevant to the order. Am I missing a simple trick here? Just insert a new column and fill it with the numbers 1 to 1000 (or however many rows you have). There are several quick ways of doing this. Then sort (descending) by that column. Then delete that column. "Gimbalman" wrote: > I need to flip an Excel worksheet containing many rows and columns...

Can't print in sequential page order. No "Complex Scripts" tab
MS Help tell me to default change the print order on a MS Publisher publication by clicking on the Complex Scripts tab. However, no such tab exists in my MS Publisher. What do I do? What version Publisher? Are you trying to print a web page? PUB2002: Right-to-Left Complex Script Cannot be Selected in Filtered Web Page http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299277/en-us PUB2002: Arabic Text Is Not Displayed in Print Preview Mode http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285377/en-us An East Asian language or a Complex Script language may be unavailable on the Languages tab in the Setup program of a 2007 O...

Changing order of the account name on Exchange 2003
Can anybody tell me how to change the order of the account name to have the last name first and then the fist name. Thanks for your trouble On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 02:51:54 -0400, "Jose Rodriguez" <jerico@jerico.no-ip.com> wrote: >Can anybody tell me how to change the order of the account name to have the >last name first and then the fist name. > >Thanks for your trouble > > If you mean how to change the order in which users are shown in the GAL then you need to change the Display Name for the users. Do this in ADU&C. Isnt there a way to do this w...

Outlook CRM Menu Bar
Hello I added buttons for ...

How to log mailbox activity? Exch 5.5
We are running Exchange 5.5. This morning a department head asked me to log incoming and outgoing activity (including time messages were sent) for one employee. I have looked through MS Knowledge Base and the FAQ's here, along with doing a search here. No luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks. In Exchange 5.5 Open the Exchange Admin program and go to Configuration> Connections> Internet Mail Service > Diagnostics and Logging. On the MS Exchange IMC select the Items to monitor and level. Make sure that on the Internet Mail tab that message tracking is enabl...

CRM Customization Activities
How I can customize the Activities on My Home Page. Link must be like http: //crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx? id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001209} Where i can find the GUID of Activities? At present I don't believe it is possible to customise activities, I am aware that some Microsoft partners have written add ons for this purpose. Maybe this will change in the future. But i can`t add necessary column. In web dialoging there are Actual end, created by, and other but there are no field Regarding Dmitry, only fields that are common to all activity types are availab...

How to add new type of activity?
In CRM 4.0, is there a way to add a new type of activity? Many times we see a person in passing, and would like to add a note reflecting this. However, it doesn;t qualify as a phone call or appointment. If there is a way to add a custom 'conversation', how would this affect upgrades, patches, and/or hotfixes? Thanks Unfortunately you cannot add a custom activity type in Microsoft CRM 4.0. For some of our customers that really wanted a new activity type, we have suggested that they rename one of the other system activities to their new one. For example, you could rename the "...

Keyboard shortcuts for sales order processing
I would like to see windows keyboard shortcuts (funtion keys) for: SALES CUSTOMER DETAIL ENTRY SALES ITEM DETAIL ENTRY SALES MARKDOWN ENTRY ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-...

FYI
Since the January 07 IMF update to our Exchange server, we have tried adding 4 new Blackberry's to our BES. None of them would activate wirelessly? I was forced to connect them to the server via usb. Today i figured it out... The IMF was catching the BES activation email being sent. Once i cleaned out the IMF folder of all unwanted email, i tried once again to activate wirelessly, and saw the email being blocked, so i clikced the "resubmit" button, and sure enough... the Blackberry activated! Just thought i would let you all know this, in case you are running into this p...

Error when opening email activities
This is what I am getting when I try to open any of the emails that migrated through DMF. is it possible that all my emails have some bad information in them, or that I migrated something that shouldn't have. The emails that I didn't migrate have a StatusCode of Null, but the ones that I migrated have a StatusCode of 1. Thanks MSCRM Application Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stac...