Activities don't show up until we hit the refresh button

Hello all,

We upgraded from 3 to 4 and it appears that the upgrade did not complete
successfuly, but the users used the system.

Everything appears to be working well except for a couple of strange things
like when we create an activity the activity does not appear until we hit the
Refresh button, going to history and coming back does not fix the issue, only
the refresh button any quick fix on this one?

thanks

0
E (96)
10/8/2008 10:47:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Show zero values
When a formula returns a zero value, the zero value is not being displayed. I have reviewed the following: - conditional formatting - zero values are checked (Tools/Options/View) - stepped through my VB code (it inserts formulae based on a Worksheet Change event) - locked and hidden values unchecked with and without protection (this should have no effect when the sheet is unprotected) Are there any other circumstances that result in a zero value not being displayed? Are there any other reasons for this occurrence? Cheers John Check also normal cell formatting! there are formats that hide ...

subform not refreshing
Hi there, I have a main form with a subform embedded to be able to scroll through a list of records. There is no linking field between the two. The subform displays all the records properly. One of the fields in the subform is a checkbox to 'close' the record indicating that the info is no longer current and shouldn't be displayed. This works fine. I should also mention that the subform is based on a query. I have a button on the main form which opens another modal form based on the same query as the subform that will let me uncheck the checkbox in case the record was 'clo...

Showing No. of Pages in a cell
I've set up a workbook to print data with page breaks in various places. The amount of the data can increase or decrease, either by sheer volume or by filtering. I would like to notify the user the number of pages that will be printed depending on the setup/filtering/volume of data, etc. I realise there is the Option to have the total number of pages printed at the bottom (or top)via the Footer (or header) facility in Page setup, but I want to show this elsewhere. Is there some way to do this? Rob Rob Sub Page_Nos() TotalPages = ExecuteExcel4Macro("Get.Document(50)&quo...

controls showing up late with ShowWindow?
I have an application I wrote to print some labels to a barcode printer. It works fine, but I noticed that two labels which I hide at design time and then show just prior to printing with WriteFile, act a bit strange. Only one shows up initially and then after printing the other one shows up. I got around this by putting them in the printing loop which loops through all the files though I did not really want to do it that way. Even when I do it this way though the one label loses its sunken property until printing is completed. Any ideas why and how I can fix this. For the time ...

"New" button activates send/receive
When I click the Send/Receive button, nothing happens. However, when I click the "New Message" button, in comes all my new messages. Also, the auto Send/Receive under Options (every 1 minute) is not working at all. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Much Appreciated, Dave ...

How do I de-activate hyperlink in Excel ?
I am creating a spreadsheet that has email addresses and web-sites in some cells. I don't want them to appear as hyperlink. I know to remove hyperlink by right clicking on a cell but I want to learn how to de-activate hyperlink in the worksheet. try this code activesheet.hyperlinks.delete it will remove all the hyperlinks in the active sheet. "Nik" <Nik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF501BB5-5344-481D-B73B-87CFCE8EAE30@microsoft.com... > I am creating a spreadsheet that has email addresses and web-sites in some > cells. > I don't want t...

Corrupt Active Directory User Account
OK, here's a fun one. It looks like a client of mine had a new employee start and they had is domain account set up in Active Directory. After a short time, they added him to CRM as a user using the Deployment Manager interface. It turns out that something happened on their network side having to do with their domain controllers not synching properly, and the Active Directory account became corrupt. The user is unable to log on to CRM for the first time. He gets and Authentication Error. He has a role assigned and the user account appears correct, etc. He is experiencing some othe...

BP4 Requisitions
Hi, We had a user that had access to Business Portal and Requisition Management and was able to use this successfully. Then she got married and her surname changed. The IT department changed her surname in AD (without deleting the old username). Since then the Business Portal will not work for this user. If you look at the addition\search of AD users from within Portal\Sharepoint it appears as though the updated AD information has not been updated here. Please advise the steps to correct\configure correctly. Ideally the IT department do not want to have to delete a user and then recrea...

Show picture outline only when moving in PowerPoint
It's probably simple when you know it, but I'm sure there's a setting that I can toggle, so when I move a large picture in PowerPoint, only the outline shows, not the whole picture. This is because the pictures I'm inserting need to be of good quality, and my laptop struggles with them when I move them. ...

one company doesn't show $ amounts in payables for one user
I have a user who has access to multiple companies. The access for all companies is the same. In one company when she goes to Inquiry>purchasing>trx by vendor, the display shows $0 for all transactions. Other companies, she sees the correct $ amount. There are no modified windows and again her security is the same for all companies. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? TIA I am having this exact problem and would appreciate a fix. I have to change users to have the payables inquiry amounts show. I only have this problem in one company and I am the only user in our of...

Activity History Order Chronologicaly
Is there a way to order the activity history by data and time completed? My users would like to be able to take a look at history and see what was the list activity that they had with an account or contact or lead and continue where they left off, but know it seems like they have to open and close a whole bunch of history to see where they are standing. Thanks. Hi you could use this unsupported work-a-round to add the collom: http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000 010001900} You can see the GUIDs i SavedQueryBase remember this is UNSUPPORTED. or you ...

Sent faxes in CRM 3 doesn't show in history
I am reposting this as I've had no answers to my previous post which is now buried in all the other ananswered posts. Surely someone knows the answer to this??? It's pretty fundamental to what customers will want. Anyone??? ------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm using CRM 3 under SBS 2003. When I send a fax using the "New activity / Fax" option within a contact record it sends successfully. . However there is no record of it stored in the contact history? If I check the fax console on the server the fax has been sent (also verifi...

Active Task View under Tasks
Hello. Does anyone know how to get the "completed" tasks off of my "Active Tasks" view. It should only show those tasks that are not yet complete but for some reason it shows the upcoming as well as the completed tasks (i.e. those that are lined out). Any help would be appreciated. -Lumas >-----Original Message----- >Hello. >Does anyone know how to get the "completed" tasks off of >my "Active Tasks" view. > >It should only show those tasks that are not yet complete >but for some reason it shows the upcoming as well as t...

Command Button to Sort and Filter by Selection
Is it possible to create a command button on a form that will allow you to sort records or to use the Filter by Selction option? They are not choices I can select while using the wizard or the macro builder. However, both of these would be extremely useful as I'm building a database for someone who has never used a database before and isn't all that comfortable with computers in general. I am using Access 2003 and I am NOT familiar with Access Visual Basic, Java or building macros from scratch. I'm sure there is a way to use these tools to create what I want, ...

BP Req Mgmt Lookup should show additional columns
When doing a lookup I should be able to configure the columns that I would like to see visible on the lookup. For example, when looking up an item only item number and item description are visible fields. I would like to configure the lookup to show additional fields, like the vendor name. ...

Signature button greyed out and unavailable in outlook 2000 solution
Buggy fucking microsoft software, and yes, it is patched. Well this worked for me :- change the message format from rich text to html, click apply. This brought the button back from being greyed out to letting me click on it again. However i did not want html as the message format so i changed it back to rich text again and the signature button was still available. Hmm where does it say THAT in the manual? Oh and in case you don't know where to change the message type it's on the same menu that you have your greyed out signature button - just look up a bit dummy! :0) FOR THE LOVE...

Subforms won't refresh after new record 11-17-09
Access 2003, XP Pro I have a main form with two separate subforms. I view various records by clicking on some list boxes. To add a new record, I select Records, Data Entry. I then (1) Make a selection in a combo on the main form. (2) Make a selection in a combo and enter some text in a textbox on subform1 (3) Make a selection in a combo on subform2 Subform2 has some code on the After Update event that saves the new record and goes to a previously selected record in cbo1 on the main form (cbo2 has code on the After Update event to go to that record). Here's the cod...

HELP! Need Access DB to show realtime changes in different location
Hi Guys, I was wondering about how access refreshes it's data within forms and it seems that it doesn't. If i have a form open in one location on a network and update fields on the form the changes are not shown on the form opened in another location. (I.e. if 2 users are in the same form at the same time and one adds a new record the other users form will not show this change). Is there anyway that Access can be setup to show real-time changes over multiple locations? Preferably without having to do a manual refresh by clicking a button or something. All i want to do is show change...

Update a radio button by combobox selection
Hi, In a VS2008 VB project, I have a combobox that gets its value from a table with three columns. I want to display one column in the combobox, write the value of the second column back to a different table, and I want to change the value of a radio button (on the same form as the combobox) based on the value of the third column of the selected record. I'm setting the ComboBox.Text value to be the first column, the ComboBox.SelectedValue to be the second column, but how would I change the radio buttons in the most efficient way? Thanks in advance, Steve Wrong g...

Exchange 2003 is getting hit hard as a relay
I am looking for the correct settings to stop my home exchange server from being a mail relay. What i am seeing? I see many emails sent out to people that show it was sent from my email address. I thought Exchange 2003 did not allow this by default? Please help. Exchange 2k3 isn't an open relay by default. Do you have Exchange aware antivirus software? Have you tried turning off authenticated relay in your SMTP server settings as well? Jeremy Hillin wrote: > I am looking for the correct settings to stop my home exchange server > from being a mail relay. > > What i am s...

Send Button #7
My Send button is no longer present. I accessed Help, it said I should make an e-mail account. I looked and I have 2 e-mail accounts present. It also said maybe I erased the e-mail accounts mnager. Can someone suggest how I can get this back to send posts, please? My wife is comatose and I must ask questions about her condition. Many thanks, Obie. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching g...

"Reply" Button Hangs Outlook 2000
Running Outlook 2000 on Windows XP on a new HP Pavilion Notebook with 512 MB RAM and 40 GB hard drive. When I click "Reply" on the messages FROM ONE PARTICULAR CORRESPONDANT ONLY, the Outlook program hangs and must be restarted. Eventually I seem to have to restart the computer to get normal functionality. The messages in question are in HTML format. Sometimes they have an attached file, sometimes they don't. They come from an .edu domain and have been forwarded to me from another .edu domain, then to a Verizon DSL account, then to the regular dialup ISP that I use during...

Outlook freezes when I hit send/receive
I'm running Outlook 2002 SP3 on a POP3 dsl account. It has worked perfectly for 3 years now as of a couple days ago every time I hit send/receive Outlook freezes. I have spoken to my ISP and confirmed all settings are correct. Internet access is not a problem, just email. I've downloaded all Windows updates. When I test account settings under tools/email accounts it seems to work fine but as soon as the test message arrives in my inbox Outlook freezes. Same thing when I compose a message. The only way to get out is ctrl-alt-delete and then close and re-open. I'm also run...

My Device detects as MTP(auto play pops up too) and WMP11 opens,but does not show the device in the Sync Tab
I have a device which when connected to the Windows XP host ( with Service Pack 3 and WMP11 installed), would result in the auto play option coming up asking how to open"View files,Open with Windows Media player to sync) and when I select the WMP option, WMP11 opens up but the device is not listed in the Sync tab. On further fiddling, what i see if i set the following keys in the registry under HKLM\SYSTEM \currentcontrolset\enum\usb\vid_xxx&pid_xxx\xxx\Device Parameters ( here xxx refers to vid,pid and the serialnumber values which are irrelevant here): EnableLegacySupport...

Activities/Journaling for Public Folder Contacts
I've created a company contacts folder in the Public Folders on Exchange 2k3. I've also created a journal folder in the public folders. I can set the contact folder to search the journal folder when I hit the activities tab, but I can't figure out how to make new journal entries go into the public folder journal instead of my mailbox journal. How do I do this? ...