Activities and reminders

It would be nice to be able to set reminders for Appointments and other
Activities in CRM. Preferrable a user should get a Screenpop (also in the web
client) at the remindertime. This suggestion also implies that the
synchronisation of reminder information (from Appointments made in OutLook)
would be a valuable extra.

--
Richard Fransen
Newtel Essence

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b7ea2280-12f1-403e-8dd0-c1c89be242ff&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Richard,

For CRM 1.2 we already have that available, the Queue Notifier also reminds
you of appointments and tasks when they hit the due date.

There has not been too much response on this add-on, so we did not upgrade
it to CRM 3.0, but if you see more potention in such a product, send me an
email to discuss funtionality that could make such a product more usefull.

Regards,
--
Erik van Hoof
CWR Mobility

"Richard Fransen" <RichardFransen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B7EA2280-12F1-403E-8DD0-C1C89BE242FF@microsoft.com...
> It would be nice to be able to set reminders for Appointments and other
> Activities in CRM. Preferrable a user should get a Screenpop (also in the
> web
> client) at the remindertime. This suggestion also implies that the
> synchronisation of reminder information (from Appointments made in
> OutLook)
> would be a valuable extra.
>
> --
> Richard Fransen
> Newtel Essence
> Microsoft CRM Certified Professional
> Axonom Certified Professional
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b7ea2280-12f1-403e-8dd0-c1c89be242ff&dg=microsoft.public.crm

0
Erik
12/28/2005 11:01:18 PM
I have a company who have been using MS Dynamics CRM for several months and
this was there one and only enhancement request - so yes it would be very
valuable.

"Erik van Hoof (CWR Mobility)" wrote:

> Richard,
>
> For CRM 1.2 we already have that available, the Queue Notifier also reminds
> you of appointments and tasks when they hit the due date.
>
> There has not been too much response on this add-on, so we did not upgrade
> it to CRM 3.0, but if you see more potention in such a product, send me an
> email to discuss funtionality that could make such a product more usefull.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Erik van Hoof
> CWR Mobility
> Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog
>

> "Richard Fransen" <RichardFransen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:B7EA2280-12F1-403E-8DD0-C1C89BE242FF@microsoft.com...
> > It would be nice to be able to set reminders for Appointments and other
> > Activities in CRM. Preferrable a user should get a Screenpop (also in the
> > web
> > client) at the remindertime. This suggestion also implies that the
> > synchronisation of reminder information (from Appointments made in
> > OutLook)
> > would be a valuable extra.
> >
> > --
> > Richard Fransen
> > Newtel Essence
> > Microsoft CRM Certified Professional
> > Axonom Certified Professional
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b7ea2280-12f1-403e-8dd0-c1c89be242ff&dg=microsoft.public.crm

I second the above - Most of my customers have requested this and it one
would expect that if CRM creates an Appointment it would automatically
generate a reminder.

Is there a work around using for example Work Flows that could effectively
do the same thing??

"James" wrote:

> I have a company who have been using MS Dynamics CRM for several months and
> this was there one and only enhancement request - so yes it would be very
> valuable.
>

> "Erik van Hoof (CWR Mobility)" wrote:
>
> > Richard,
> >
> > For CRM 1.2 we already have that available, the Queue Notifier also reminds
> > you of appointments and tasks when they hit the due date.
> >
> > There has not been too much response on this add-on, so we did not upgrade
> > it to CRM 3.0, but if you see more potention in such a product, send me an
> > email to discuss funtionality that could make such a product more usefull.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Erik van Hoof
> > CWR Mobility
> > Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog
> >

> > "Richard Fransen" <RichardFransen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:B7EA2280-12F1-403E-8DD0-C1C89BE242FF@microsoft.com...
> > > It would be nice to be able to set reminders for Appointments and other
> > > Activities in CRM. Preferrable a user should get a Screenpop (also in the
> > > web
> > > client) at the remindertime. This suggestion also implies that the
> > > synchronisation of reminder information (from Appointments made in
> > > OutLook)
> > > would be a valuable extra.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Richard Fransen
> > > Newtel Essence
> > > Microsoft CRM Certified Professional
> > > Axonom Certified Professional
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> > > this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b7ea2280-12f1-403e-8dd0-c1c89be242ff&dg=microsoft.public.crm

pop up reminder vba
Dear all, I have a query for expiry dates that gives me today expiry, that includes birthdates passport and visa renewal how can I set a vba that allows me to get a pop up once I open the access file. I'm new in vba and I don't know how to do it please help Have a look at: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/Birthday2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Tia" <tia.abdelkarim@gmail.com> wrote in message news:381669bf-e35a-4596-bfcc-50a118f9a5f0@m16g2000yqc.googlegroups.com... >...

Exchange Restore with no Active Directory restore?
Hi, Am recovering a small Biz 2003 server for a customer where backups have not been working. The system drive is almost completely dead. But the drives containing the data and Exchange install (application and data/logs) is intact. Is there a recovery method from this situation if I cannot recover the operating system? Thanks in advance. Darren In news:um0rWyZ6FHA.2888@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Darren <darren_todd@yahoo.co.uk> typed: > Hi, > > Am recovering a small Biz 2003 server for a customer where backups > have not been working. The system drive is almost c...

Activating Outlook does it over ride Windows Mail
I just put Office Professional 2007 on computer. When I went to my email, Outlook came up and said I needed to activate it. I had been using Windows Mail for email. My question, can I activate Outlook and continue to use Windows Mail or do I need to switch to Outlook. Also, will all my Windows Mail info automatically transfer to Outlook? Thank you. You can still use Windows Mail after installing Outlook. Just don't add your email accounts to Outlook. "M.B." <MB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC7A35B0-B3EF-464A-8FE4-8E677C1EFCE9@microsoft.com... ...

Accidently moved active emails
I use my "Inbox" to keep active emails that I want to follow-up on. Recently while deleting one of these items, my 'delete' key stayed active & deleted everything in my "Inbox". While these items are in my "Deleted Items" folder, I have no idea which ones were part of this grouping. Is there a way I can identify when certain emails were moved to the folder so that I can recover them all? Thanks...Mike mike.dailey@ucphysicians.com <mike.dailey@ucphysicians.com> wrote: > I use my "Inbox" to keep active emails that I want to follo...

Active row and column header color
I have EXCEL 2000. A friend has the 2003 version. In his, the acitve col# is orange and so is the active row name. Mine in just gray, and harder to see. Is that a new feature? If not, how do I change mine. I need complete instructions, please. Thank you. Tony G Tony This would be a Windows OS Appearance issue not an Excel 2003 feature. Right-click on desktop and Properties>Appearance>Advanced>Item>Selected Items. Change the color there. Note: this will be a global change for all selected items. Alternative....... Download Chip Pearson's ROWLINER add-in. ht...

Re: Workflow rule: Assigning activity to a queue
Anyone ? "Sigurdur Hilmarsson" <sigurdur.hilmarsson@nyherji.is> wrote in message news:... > Hi, > I have a workflow process for cases and would like to assign several > different tasks to a queue that need to complete within the case. > You can manually assign task activity to a queue but in a workflow rule > using the workflow manager it is only possible to assign a task activity to > Logical User or User. Is there any way to do this for me? > > Regards, > SH > > > ...

How to Make Activity Associated View Default to "All"
1.) Backup Global.js file here <crm server>\wwwroot\_common\scripts 2.) Open Global.js file here <crm server>\wwwroot\_common\scripts 3.) Past the Code Below into the top portion right under the declarations 4.) Save, All pages update automatically to the last option, when the page loads for the first time. // Added to Make the Actvities Sort to 'All' function Activity(object) { if(object != null) { object.selectedIndex = object.options.length - 1; object.fireEvent('onchange'); } } // Added to Make the Actvities Sort to 'All' function window.onload(...

Web Activities Sync to outlook calendar?
Hi, Other than using SFO, is there a 3rd party addon to sync activities created by the web client to the calendar of the owner or the attendee? Thanks Mike Hi. There is a "hotfix" from Microsoft (I dont know why they call it a hotfix) that make it work. I have not installed it myself, but will do in a short time. If anyone have anything to add, plaese make a post in this group. Best Regards Jacob Mondrup IT Manager, Cultivator Denmark. "Mike R" <news@mikeread.freeserve.co.uk> skrev i en meddelelse news:d6ktaq$hqi$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk... > H...

conflict between My CRM Activities and a Customer Activities
Hello ! I send an e-mail Tracked in CRM regarding Contact person to a customer. The customer has his MSCRM working. My activity with for example "CRM:00020008" in the subject, when it coming to the customer E-mail it register as activity under contact in the customer CRM nothing to do with me. How can we resolve conflict between 2 different MSCRM installations that send e-mail to each other? Shai ...

Activities #2
If I create an appointment in Outlook and track it in CRM, what happens to the Outlook appointment when I close the appointment in CRM? It appears that when I close a CRM appointment, it deletes the appointment from my Outlook calendar. Is this intended functionality or do I have something set-up wrong? Thanks, James ...

Scheduling activities for different users
Is it possible to schedule an activity and assign it to different users in one go in MSCRM 3.0? To define it more clearly, manager would like to schedule a period for the sales persons during that time Sales persons should visit n number of customers. He will create one activity and distribute it to different sales persons. ...

programs active
As I make to know if one programs is active, type outlook, if will not have leaves it active. ...

Where is the command line to clean reminders? Outlook 2002
>On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 20:47:30 -0400, wrote: > >>Lady Veteran <armyvet@bigfoot.com> wrote: >> >>> I have Outlook 2002 and I have a reminder that keeps popping up as 12 >>> weeks over due. I deleted the contact it was related to, but I cannot >>> get rid of the reminder. When I dismiss it, I get an error saying >>> that I canno dismiss it and that I may be reminded again. >>> >>> Any ideas on how I can get rid of it? >> >>Try starting Outlook once with the /cleanreminders command line switch. > >cou...

Recurring Task/Activity
Does anyone know of a way to create a recurring Task/Activity in v1.2? For example, I want to create an Activity on the first of every month or every 30 days to call opportunities that meet certain criteria… ...

Activate the CRM licens more than once
Hi. I want to make a test setup with our CRM installation. I have used the same licens key as in the produktion setup. Can I activate the licens in the test setup without getting problems in the produktions setup? Thanks Best regards Jacob Mondrup Vivant MCP, CRM MCSE That should be fine "Jacob Mondrup - Vivant IT Management" <jm@vivant.dk> wrote in message news:O7DwJLIlHHA.1624@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > I want to make a test setup with our CRM installation. I have used the > same licens key as in the produktion setup. Can I activate the licens...

How do I use the category field in activity records?
Please give me some examples on how to use the category field in activity records such as phone call, task, etc. The three categories that we have our sales representatives pick from as categories are "Sales Opportunity", "Retention Call", and "Customer Problems". Really the categories need to be taylored to your business. Erin >-----Original Message----- >Please give me some examples on how to use the category field in activity >records such as phone call, task, etc. >. > Are you suggesting that some customization is required ? I am not...

Blackberry VS active synch security issue
Hello all we run exchagne excahgne 2003 sp1 on windows 2003 sp1. We are currently using Active sync to support around 60 users in the field. The EAS VS is se t to use a certificate with 128 bit encryption. We recently had a consultant come to our office and suggested that using a nenterprise BB server is more secure than using EAS and active sync. I said to the consultnat that users sync over 128 but SSL connection to theFRONT end exchange server, and asked him to explain to me how using a BBserve would be more secure than this, but he just shook his head. Anyone care to comment O...

Disabled User still have Active Account
I have a disabled user, that has deactivated accounts and if I go to activate one of the disabled users accounts it lets me save it?? So now I have active accounts under a disabled users name?? And I can not search for the active accounts under that users name because they are disabled? Shouldn't there be an error when I try to inactivcate a deactivated account with a disasbled user?? I would think it would not let me save the account but it did? I need to fix this. Thanks! You only get error when you assign the account of some disabled user to some other user.' There is no ...

Appointment Reminders #2
I am running Outlook XP on WIN NT 4.0, when i recieve reminders for appointments it only shows in the taskbar. On Outlook 98 on WIN NT, the reminder use to pop up mid screen. Is there a fix? Thanks. Kevin <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Outlook XP on WIN NT 4.0, when i recieve > reminders for appointments it only shows in the taskbar. > On Outlook 98 on WIN NT, the reminder use to pop up mid > screen. Is there a fix? Thanks. What is checked in the "When new items arrive in my Inbox" section of Tools>Options>E-mail Optio...

CRM must accept service activities larger than employee work hours
When we try to search employee's available time for a service activity with a duration that is larger than the employee's work hours, CRM can't find available people, even if there is no activities scheduled for that employee. For sample: You have an activity with 24 hours of duration. An employee that works 8 hours per day, can accept that activity and execute it in 3 working days. So if my employee have 24 hours sequentially available, but distributed between his regular working time, than I can schedule that activity for him. My suggestion is that Microsoft includes a c...

Lead's Activities Regarding field
Why (oh why) is a Lead Activity's Regarding field populated with the Lead's first and last name, and an Opportunity Activity's Regarding field is populated with the Opp's Topic? It would be more functional (for several reasons) to have the Lead Activity's Regarding field pre-populated with the Lead's Topic. Is there a workaround? Some ISV utility or CRM coding change to allow for this functionality? We have a product "Activity Manager" which we are just releasing which will let you customize Activity Grids however you like. Contact me if you'd like ...

Active Employees
Hello, My client is on GP 10.0 sp4. They are registered to have 250 active employees. They currently only have 106 but when I look at the ABOUT DYNAMICS GP it says that they have 211 active employees. Does anyone know why that is occuring? Thanks If they have any 'test' companies or archive companies, all of the active employees from all companies is being added to the total. To exclude those companies you need to include <TEST> or <HISTORICAL> after the company name. Leslie "Santiago" wrote: > Hello, > > My client is on GP ...

Can I set up a Personal Reminder
I am curious how I might set up, or even if it is possible, to set up a Reminder. I have "Reminders" on my Home Page in M04 that are auto-generated fromt eh system but I would like to add some of my own. Any Ideas ? If it's not a bill or a note attached to a transaction, I don't know of a way to get there. I too would like to be able to set arbitrary Money-related dated reminders sometimes. I end up using Outlook. "DouglasBoyce" <DouglasBoyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F852458E-1D99-40D3-8494-88F31581F4B4@microsoft.com... >I a...

Auto creating Active Directory OU structure in Vision 2003?
I need a way to import a large Active Directory OU structure into Visio 2003 since M$ decided to remove a fantasticly useful feature that automatically imported the AD (way to remove functionality!) Anyone know of a way to export some sort of LDIF or CSV from the AD and import it into Visio so that Visio auto-creates the OU tree? Alternatively, check out http://www.dataassist.de/ ? <alevey@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1119030351.483976.284960@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I need a way to import a large Active Directory OU structure into Visio > 2003 since M$ decided to...

Can Not Activate
Dear Computer Helpers, I have installed and activated Microsoft Publisher 2002 on two computers with the same product key. But with the theird one, I was able to install it, but I couldn't activate it! Is there any way I can get another product key for Publisher 2002? Thanks! Connor Levens Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Connor Levens <connor11493@msn.com> > I have installed and activated Microsoft Publisher 2002 > on two computers with the same product key. But with the > theird one, I was able to install it, but I...