Active Directory Problem - Can't Login to CRM 4.0

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully you can help me out a bit here. Long story short, we had a failure
last week that we were unable to recover Active Directory from. As such,
we've had to rebuild AD from scratch - now the domain name and all user
accounts are recreated and identical to the previous setup. However, I can
no longer access CRM.

I assume CRM 4.0 is authenticating on, not only AD membership, but based on
an AD GUID of some sort - which I can't replicate.

How can I get back in to re-load my users?

Thanks,

Craig

0
ckidney (5)
8/11/2008 3:36:33 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

Did u check if the users were part of CRM groups created in AD?

CRM has five groups created during intallation and users should be part of it.

At the worst case, reinstall CRM

"ck" wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Hopefully you can help me out a bit here. Long story short, we had a failure
> last week that we were unable to recover Active Directory from. As such,
> we've had to rebuild AD from scratch - now the domain name and all user
> accounts are recreated and identical to the previous setup. However, I can
> no longer access CRM.
>
> I assume CRM 4.0 is authenticating on, not only AD membership, but based on
> an AD GUID of some sort - which I can't replicate.
>
> How can I get back in to re-load my users?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig

0
Karthik (33)
8/11/2008 3:56:20 PM
It's not just the users, it also the security groups.  You are correct that
it's the guids which are not matching up.  I'm assuming you can still query
the database.  Generally what we do is install a clean CRM with a new
database, then update the guids in the old database to the new ones.  The
problem you'll run into is the businessunitid is constrained in almost all
the tables, so you would have to drop the constraint before updating the
guids.  Then, you'll have to update the guids of the security groups in the
businessunit table.  Then, you'll have to update the activedirectory guid
field in the systemuserbase table.  We did this several times in 3.0, but
have yet to do it in 4.0.  The steps I listed are based on a 3.0 database; I
don't know how different the relevant parts of the 4.0 schema are.

It can be done, it's just not easy.  I would strongly recommend considering
installing CRM with a new database and importing the old data, if there's not
too much.  Then at least you are blazing a trail into unsupported territory.
--
Richard Riddle
CRM Developer

"ck" wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Hopefully you can help me out a bit here. Long story short, we had a failure
> last week that we were unable to recover Active Directory from. As such,
> we've had to rebuild AD from scratch - now the domain name and all user
> accounts are recreated and identical to the previous setup. However, I can
> no longer access CRM.
>
> I assume CRM 4.0 is authenticating on, not only AD membership, but based on
> an AD GUID of some sort - which I can't replicate.
>
> How can I get back in to re-load my users?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig

Challenging Problem
OK Guys, I am stumped here once again. I am trying to figure out how to look up formats on another worksheet and paste the format (color) to my current table ONLY if there's a match. This is the match that I have, but I only want it to implement the color of the cell, and not the value, and only to do so if there's a match and not otherwise. =LOOKUP(C$5,'\\Srvr1\Users\ProdCtrl\Schedulers\[8WeekForecast-Color]Result.xls'!$C$3:$IT$3,'\\Srvr1\Users\ProdCtrl\Schedulers\[8WeekForecast-Color]Result.xls'!$C4:$IT4) Anyone have any direction on what the vb code would look l...

Workflow status active, but not working
Hello, I have an opportunity that triggered a (sales process )workflow rule on creation. When I look at the the sales process in the opportunity it shows that it's active. When I move from sales stage from eg 20% to 50% none of the workflow activities are kicked off for the 50%. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, can you create a new test opportunity and see if it has the same problem ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Loreeta" <Loreeta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B072F8E1-6DBA...

CRM Exchange Router 05-26-06
Hello, I am using CRM 3.0 and installed router services on exchange 2003 machine. During installation of router i had created crm@domain.com user in AD and added to crm mailbox now i want to deploy rule so that router sends incoming mails on support@domain.com to CRM (and creates activity in crm) Can anybody guide me, how can i acheive this? I will appreciate any help :-) thanx & regards, Here you go: 1. Settings >> Business Units >> Queues >> create a Queue with email matching support@domain.com 2. Perform the Microsoft CRM Rule Deployment wizard on the Que...

[ANN] XMLmind FO Converter v4.0
XFC v4.0 has been released. This version is a major breakthrough as it brings support of Office Open XML (MS-Word 2007 native format) as alternate output format. As usual, Personal Edition is freely available from <http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/download.shtml>, and Professional Edition upgrade is available to eligible customers from <http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/upgrade.html>. Personal Edition users, please note that Personal Edition license terms have changed drastically compared with version 3.1. Except in a few special cases Personal Edition may no longer be used fo...

MSPOS 2.0
To change the behavior of the screen's min/max buttons one must enable it through the POS View. Need to be able to set this in Manager View also for non-POS machines without having to hack the database. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

AutoArchive #4
How often does Outlook automatically ask a user if they wish to archive? default is 14 days. see tools | options | other tab | auto archive button for global setting. (don't forget that each folder in your mailbox can have different archive criteria. to see if a folder is set to archive, right click on folder and select properties. go to autoarchive tab to review settings.) "Frances" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ff3101c45916$c9cc79b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How often does Outlook automatically ask a user if they > wish to archive? ...

Sent Items CRM 3.0
If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will be saved in the SentItems folder in the Outlook Client. Does anyone now why? Unfortunately it just doesn't do this. The CRM Web application has no knowledge of your Outlook client -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Martin" wrote: > If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the > account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will ...

Outlook 2003 CRM Toolbar
When we click "New Record" on the CRM Toolbar and choose "New Contact" it takes us to our Contact form in our old Public Contact datasbase in Exchange. How can I globally change this for all our users so in brings up the CRM Contact form. Thanks. The best way to do this is to customize the ISV config file for the Outlook client and add a new button to do this. The button you are referring to can open the CRM contact web form, but you have to change each individual user's setting to do this. If you want to do this, select the CRM > Options menu. On the Syn...

Urgent! Server Error Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes
Hi, This morning, yes before backing up the current customizations... I went in and created a new attribute in the Order Entity called ShippingName. I then mapped from the Contact Entity FullName to this attribute in the Order, updated the order form with this new field, published, tested and it worked. Then I went and check some mapping done last week as there still seemed to be a problem. Turned out it was not correctly mapped, (Address2_Line1 to ShipTo_Line1 should have been Address1_Line1 to ShipTo_Line1) so deleted these mappings and remapped them correctly, then Published. We wa...

Moving activities
Anyone know the best approach to the follwoing problem? Duplicate Accounts, each Account has an individual Contact. Each Contacts Activities are associated to the Account record. I want to: Move the Contacts to the 1st instance of a duplicated Account. Move all Activities from the Account records to the Contact. Delete the duplicates Anyone any clues? Paul -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Eliminate annoying spam! My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster." http://www.ihatespam.net Paul, our SearchPac tool has...

Exchange 5.5 Backup problem with Arcserve Backup v9
I just installed Arcserve Backup Agent for Exchange on my NT sp6 with exchange 5.5 sp4. The base product was installed on the backup server (win2k) with the tape drive. I scheduled a backup on the backup server, to backup the Exchange 5.5 server. It failed with error message: "Invaild username or password was submitted". I was not prompted for username or password when scheduling the backup job. Any idea will be appreciated. WS wrote: > I just installed Arcserve Backup Agent for Exchange on my NT sp6 with > exchange 5.5 sp4. > The base product was installed on the backu...

How do I create a 46 page member directory?
I was wondering if publisher can create a membership directory that would be 46 pages in length? The front of the handbook would be the names/adresses and so forth and the back part would be images of each businesses business card. Is publisher the right software for this? I was volunteered for this job, so any help would be most helpful! Thanks, Bryan I'd use Publisher if I was doing that job. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bryan" <Bryan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D94BC8CE-1B55-443E-9925-65AC606F5A52@microsoft.com... >I wa...

Problem of DGV multi-row selection
Hi everyone I have a problem of DataGridView's multi-row selection behavior. When holding the ctrl key down and DGV's selecttionmode had set to FullRowSelect, user could select multiple rows by click on those rows. And, when user click on a row which already had been selected the row would been deselected. The problem is this select/deselect is based on "mouse down" event instead of "mouse click" event, I mean even before user release the left key the row already had been selected/deselected, which is not an ideal behavior to initialize a drag dro...

New Machines get Kerberos Error on CRM
I just added 2 new desktops, applied updates as needed and appropriate applications to the systems. When I try to launch crm http://example:5555 or through http://example.example.com:5555 I get an error 401.1 These are not new users to the domain, and the users of these systems can logon to CRM from other machines. In the App log they get a Kerberos error. Any ideas, please advise the users are quite tired of their old slow machines and are excited about using the new ones... TIA Bill Watters Kerberos can be tricky however I had this issue on a client site 2 weeks ago ie any workstati...

addons CRM
Does anyone have a link or list of recent add-on's for Microsoft CRM? ...

Urgent Send email problem!!!
OK Techies; this is a baffler! Neither Netscape-7.1 nor Outlook-2000 send emails from my desktop. I can receive from any email client but can't send from the client. I can send form my ISP's Webserver, but not from my desktop client. I'm using Verizon DSL. Everything else (HW / SW) on the PC works fine; P-3 1 GHz. w/512 Mb. RAM - 80 Gb HD; running Win2k-Pro SP4. It seems as though port 25 (SMTP) is blocked somehow. I tried another DSL modem; no change.It's obviously not the modem, or is it the email client-app (I've used several). I've tried sending with and...

Overlay 4 years of data as a line on 4 years of columns for several x category labels
Dear Charting aficianados, The tutorial at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ClusterColAndLine.html is the closest example I can find to a charting conundrum I am facing, though what I am hoping to achieve is still a little different. I've made a mock up of what I'm hoping to achieve - though I have had to use drawing objects for the line series, to overlay on the columns - I'm sure there is a way to get excel to do this - do you think there is? (sheet named mock-up) A workbook with mocuk-up and my other charting attmempts can be found: http://www.savefile.com/files/2690840 T...

Problem with Conditional format deletion
I have the followint formula in a conditional format. =ROW()=ROW(INDIRECT(CELL("address"))) I remember getting it from this group, it highlights the active cell in yellow. I cannot delete it and I believe it will not allow me to copy and paste data about the spreadsheet. I need to delete as I need to copy and paste more than I need the active cell highlighted. Hi if you want to highlight always the active cell you need VBA. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM.htm#HighlightActiveCell -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <mark@southwestconst.com> schrieb im Newsbei...

hide activities
Hi, I'd like to hide the service appointment and campaign response activities options when I want to create a new activity. I was change the dlg_create.aspx file and comment the render list item. I don't like the idea to manipulate this file, and I want to know if is possible to hide this options in other way. thanks -- Magy yes you can hid see your id's document.all.navContacts.style.display = "none"; -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "...

SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0
What are the special requirements do we need to do on our SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0? Does anyone have a technet article on this? We will be applying SQL 2005 Service Pack 1. Thanks, Eric Sabo There really aren't any. If you read the Implementation Guide, there are a few extra config steps related to SRS for 2005, but that is it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:%237cImzytGHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... What are the special requirements do we need to do on our SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0? Does anyone have a technet a...

Convert activity (email, letter, etc) to case bug?
When converting any activity to a case in CRM 4.0, using the default Convert To Case button, I noticed the case's picklist caseorigincode not being set properly. This picklist holds values matching the activity types, such as email and letter. Is there a way to set this using relationships, workflow or whatever? I did notice that my picklist values are all above 200.000, and I cannot set them to something like 1,2,3. Perhaps these old values are registrered for such a mapping. Unfortunately, they were deleted some time ago and reset again. Anyone? -- CRM consultant ...

Problem with ifstream
Hello I am using the fstream.h header included with Visual C++ .NET 2003. I create an object of the type ifstream which I use the function load to load a file into the stream. Now what function can be used to tell me when the end of file has been reached? Thanks in advance Sincerely James Simpso Straightway Technologie http://www.straightwaytech.com ...

Permissions problem
After I have created a user, that user is unable to create a profile unless they are a member of the Domain Admins group. The error that is returned is "The name could not be resolved. The bookmark is not valid." I believe the bookmark it is referring to is returned by ADO when the program is trying to access the Active Directory, but I'm not certain. I think it is a problem with the permissions, but I don't know where to look. Any help? SBS2003, Exchange2003 ...

CRM 4.0 suddenly unusable
I only installed CRM 4.0 5 weeks ago, and only began loading it with real data 2 weeks ago. It seemed to be working fine on Friday, but this (Monday) morning CRM is no longer accessible through the Outlook Client or the web interface. The web interface gives the error message below. I have logged onto the SQL server and it appears to be fine. I can't understand what happened when not a single person was in the office over the weekend, and neither machine appears to have been reset due to a MS Update. Any ideas? Server Error in '/' Application --------------------------...

CRM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C58BC0.F3DF3340 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ol=E1 pessoal!!! algu=E9m conhece um link onde eu possa arrumar uma = Vers=E3o Trial do CRM... Porfavor!!!=20 Muito Obrigado... ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C58BC0.F3DF3340 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DConte...