Active Directory information for crm users

Why is a lot of user information duplicated for CRM users that is already
available in the Active Directory user accounts? Examples include address
information and phone numbers.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d35975e5-8a6e-4eb4-890b-144af4c51b0f&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM and Mobile devices
Hi, does anyone know what mobile devices the CRM mobile can be used on? Pocket PC 2003 devices including the Phone Editions. Jason Hunt Technical Product Manager Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Jerry Warden-Smith" <jerry_nospam@ibbd.co.uk> wrote in message news:8b8d01c4964a$0b08aa00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, does anyone know what mobile devices the CRM mobile > can be used on? ------=_NextPart_0001_B285F5F7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In addition t...

Service Activities
We would like Appointments/Service Activities to show up in Outlook Web Access for our tech's so they can check for new appointments/service activities throughout the day. The problem as I understand it is, if they have their laptops with them, there is no way for Outlook to get updates from CRM (short of VPN) and so OWA wouldn't be current. Does anyone know of a way whereby our Dispatcher could schedule a service call or appointment and it would show up in OWA even though their laptops/CRM Outlook clients were disconnected from the network? Thanks, Neil ...

Alternative for user instance login flag ?
I have SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition only installed on development PC, have 2008 Standard Edition on the production server. The DBAs have the production environemnt locked-down. I created a VS.NET 2008 web application and setup a MDF to use my Dev Edition DB instance. When I run the app, I try to connect and get " The user instance login flag is not supported on this version of SQL Server. The connection will be closed. " I understand that only SqlExpress supports this functionality. The professional DBAs are not going to let me just install another instance o...

Printing Issues when distributing a form to multiple users
I am distributing a spreadsheet to multiple users. The spreadsheet is being used as a form for data entry. The problem i am having is that when it is being printed, the users are getting varying page layouts where the page breaks have changed, due the changes to the length of the document growing from the free text they are entering. The page breaks that excel chooses don't seem to be spaced well, leading to one or two of the pages being very short (i.e., leaving a lot of free white space), whereas the other pages are taking up the entire page. Is there a particular page layout selection...

Microsoft Active Directory
I am getting the following error when trying to modify anything on the Exchange General Tab of a user object: The operation failed. ID no: 80004005 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension I believe this is a permissions issue. Any ideas? Does this happen to all user objects ? What permissions do you have ? Are any of the fields on the user object not completed i.e. initials, first name, display name etc as per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314034/en-us Regards Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "COT-AD" <COTAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C50D72ED-...

CRM 4 Mobile?
I am wondering what options are planned for working with CRM 4.0 on Windows Mobile devices. All my searches so far seem to end with Mobile Express for CRM 3.0 and the Mobile Client for 3.0, and bad links pointing to the old Sandbox on the GotDotNet site. Any information is greatly appreciated. No information at this time ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde "Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83F08067-EF7F-4190-86F0-019342E06642@microsoft.com... >I am wonder...

Error
Hello to all. I am a CRM newbie.... and I am looking for a little help... We installed Microsoft CRM v1.2 on a Windows SBS2003 server. We followed the Microsoft Business Solutions CROM Implementation Guide - SBS2003 section - during the installation. During the install, we created a new CRM website in IIS, and added a host header ("crm") and added "crm" to the DNS on the server. So far, so good. But, we have a problem whenever I choose Start->Programs->Microsoft CRM->Workflow Manager.... The Workflow Manager Logon window is displayed. I am prompted to enter th...

Auto-create activity from Mobile
Hi all, We have CRM 4.0 Roll Up 7. We are looking for a solution that offers advanced mobile integration to CRM. We would like the mobile client to auto-generate an Activity in CRM whenever a phone call is made to a CRM contact. Has anyone done this? //Johan Johan; There are a few vendors that offer good mobile solutions. I know for certain that MobileAccess from Ten Digits (http://www.tendigits.com/) has that specific feature. Dave Ireland "Jobro" <Jobro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1B3A1D-E23E-4E49-933F-B221C0DD1ECE@microsoft.com... >...

Exchange 2010 & Active Sync
Hi All, Running Exchange 2010. I have my phone (iphone 3gs) syncing with exchange 2010 perfectly. However, trying to sync a new plam pro (win mobile 6.1) and getting errors. I think it's the account as doing a test-ActiveSync-Connectivity gives the following: Any ideas? RunspaceId : 962cea80-32ae-4e60-a5f1-67ed96cab519 LocalSite : Default-First-Site-Name SecureAccess : True VirtualDirectoryName : Url : UrlType : Unknown Port : 0 ConnectionType...

Outlook Vote buttons integrated with MS CRM campaigns
Does anybody knows a work-around to integrate the functionality of 'vote buttons' in a MS CRM campaign (distributing email activity)? Since the email activity is distributed through the MS CRM email system, it is not possible to add vote buttons? Is there any way to send the campaign emails through Outlook, add voting buttons ("will you attend the event YES/NO"), and when the target member replies with yes/no it would automatically return as an "interested" or "not interested" campaign response...? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Mic...

Trying install CRM 3.0
Hi guys, I'm tryingo to install the trial version CRM 3.0 but i'm receving two errors: 1) MS SQL SERVER: "MSSQLSvc service principal name not found for account CN=OFFICESYSTEMBR,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=officesystem,DC=com." 2) REporting Services "Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://OFFICESYSTEMBR/Reportserver. Error: The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then resta...

Going CRM Offline
I am getting same error too. ...

CRM Time Error
Hi, The dates stored in the DB in sql Server is diffent, from when you browse it throghe IE. Correct dates shows in IE, but not in SQL DB. I am generating a Birthday Reminder which is not coming in the correct date since time in DB is Incorrect. Please Help..... Irshard Zahir Hi Irshard, The dates in the database are converted to the local date of the user. The problem can be tackeled by using the CRM SDK. Hopefully this works if not please let me know. Regards, Ron "Irshard" <Irshard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E7A1EC9-87E7-4B8D-8F0F-B7CFE9...

Limited User Account
I am thinking of buying Microsoft Money Plus 2008 to use on a computer with Windows XP. I read in the user guide that I must install it with an administrator account, which I would expect. After it is installed, can I import data from Quicken 2006 and use MS Money Plus from a limited user account? The reason I ask is I do all my routine work with a limited user account and only use the administrator account when absolutely necessary. Gerry In microsoft.public.money, Geber wrote: >I am thinking of buying Microsoft Money Plus 2008 to use on a computer >with Windows XP. I read in the...

How to force the user to fill in values for yes/no fields ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. I have a table with a number of yes/no fields. When a new record is started, I want the user to explicitly specify a value for each of these fields, e.g. by choosing one of two radio buttons associated with the field. Now, it was no problem for me to arrange an option group with two suitable radio buttons for each of these fields. The user can then choose explicitly between yes and no. However, all fields seem to have implicit values immediately after a new record has been started. Therefore, the new record can be stored in the db without the user making...

Workbook with macros hangs up when opening, only with certain user
Chip Pearson has some notes about startup problems at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm Ron516 wrote: -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

How to control what tabs are displayed in Active Directory Users and Computers
I do not see the value to allow the delegate to change the City, State, Country, Office. What am I doing wrong. (see info below) Also is there a way to limit the view of what is shown in Active Directory users and computers, so the Delegate only sees the General, Address, Telephone and Organization tabs? I know the step below lock them out of the other tabs, but there would be less confusion..even if it is registry hack on that local pc. Here are the steps I have done so far: Step 1. Create a Security Group Called 'XYZ' (call it what ever you want Step 2. Open Active Directory User...

user can only do send as
I currently have a user running OfficeXP Standard SP1, Win2K SP3 and the server running Win2K Exchange 2000 SP3. The user has been given permission to send on behalf of, but not send as. When they send something trying to use the send on behalf of, the messages sends as if it were sent as send as (i.e. it appears to come directly from the user and doesn't have the additional message attachement sent of behalf of). Any idea of how to get the send on behalf of working properly? I have manually removed them and it still happens, as if it is stuck on somewhere. I allowed lots of time for re...

I want to send full contacts list to another user
I have Microsoft Outlook 2000, and My Contacts are set up in a Hierarchy. I want to send the whole group to another user. Is there any way of sending the contacts, and keeping the existing Hierarchy. Thanks, Gerry. ...

HELP! Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy is not intended for direct use, please use the public SDK.
Can someone post the following DLL's from CRM 1.2? They should be on the installation CD. If you want to e-mail send to robert[at] ockhamgroup.com Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll (1.2.3297.0) Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Types.dll (1.2.3297.0) Details... I'm attempting the following solution: Moving External Data into Microsoft CRM: Lead Generation http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms913871.aspx http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/4/5/e45c4994-6878-4871- 8699-6793b8f13c34/leadgeneration.exe What I need is either: 1. a working compiled LeadGenerator.exe executable; o...

Updating Internet Information #3
I have Microsoft Money 99 which I use mainly to do my yearly taxes. Until this year, I have been able to update the tax worksheet by downloading (clicking on "Update Internet Information"). When I click this now, I get a dialog box: Money 99 Online Connection Summary, indicating "Product Information. Money was unable to complete the operation. The internet, banking or brokerage server you were trying to contact encountered an error. Please try your call again later. (SMC)" I have tried this several times and received the same message in the last month. Can ...

sum of directories does not equal disk total?
I want to clean up my drive and to find out where all the usage was I did a "Properties"inquiry on all the directories. The sum of these is short of the total by 48 of 168 gig used on a 250 gig drive. How do I find out what is using the 48? Thanks Andy AndyM wrote: > I want to clean up my drive and to find out where all the usage was I did a > "Properties"inquiry on all the directories. The sum of these is short of the > total by 48 of 168 gig used on a 250 gig drive. How do I find out what is > using the 48? > Thanks > Andy AndyM wrote: ...

CRM email Key
When attempting to send an email using Micosoft CRM I receive a "COMMUNICATION ERROR with a subtitle that reads missing Microsoft CRM key." I did not believe you had to have the Exchange Router installed to send email. The router is for automating routing of messages. Do you need this installed if you are not going to use automated routing? Thanks The Exchange Router is used to send emails, hence the error message you are receiving. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 15:34:02...

Dynamics CRM 4.0
Hi, I've modified the format in the system settings screen to be "English (United Kingdom)", however all dates are still appearing in US format. Even when you expand the calendar control it displays incorrectly. Numeric values are correct - showing the pound sign and correct decimal point. I've restarted IIS, made sure all SQL logins are British English and the default regional settings of the server are set to British English. Even rebooted the server but this still hasn't corrected the problem. Can anybody tell me how to resolve this please Thanks I was looking ...

CRM SFO setup
Hi Everyone: I am having some problems with the SFO client. Situation: I have a machine that is not joined to the domain. The machine is updated accordingly with all of the latest SP's. At this point it is joined to the domain. Now, at this point there are 2 different profiles. The one for the local machine and then the one for the domain. All of my outlook is on the local machine. I proceed to log onto the domain and then my outlook does the new installation as it should. Here is my BIG situation: This machine is a travelling machine is rarely in the office. There mi...