Action Pack and CRM 4.0

Does anyone know when Action Pack subscribers can expect to receive CRM 4.0?
I believe there is a January 2008 shipment - would it be included then?  If
not, is there any way for Action Pack subscribers to access 4.0 beforehand?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

That will be hard to tell, since v4.0 has not been RTM yet.  The actual
release date can be a moving target.  I think the public announce target date
is Q1, 2008.

Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP
http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"Jason Mutchler" wrote:

> Does anyone know when Action Pack subscribers can expect to receive CRM 4.0?
> I believe there is a January 2008 shipment - would it be included then?  If
> not, is there any way for Action Pack subscribers to access 4.0 beforehand?
I think Action Pack will be lucky to get it in January - more likely April
although I would like to think 90 day trials ( which should be upgradeable
just by entering the key like in CRM 3.0 ) will be available for download
quite soon after release

Pete

"Frank Lee" <FrankLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> That will be hard to tell, since v4.0 has not been RTM yet.  The actual
> release date can be a moving target.  I think the public announce target
> date
> is Q1, 2008.
>

> Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com
> http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
>

> "Jason Mutchler" wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know when Action Pack subscribers can expect to receive CRM
>> 4.0?
>> I believe there is a January 2008 shipment - would it be included then?
>> If
>> not, is there any way for Action Pack subscribers to access 4.0
>> beforehand?

0
Peter

CRM Workflow ...
I am in the process of creating the CRM and wanted to know if the following is possible. I want the ability to add some custom fields that do not need to be filled in to create an initial lead. However, they do need to be populated before you can move forward and convert it to an opportunity, contact, or account. The reason for this is becuase we want record of leads, but all information may not be available at creation which is ok to us. However, this cannot be turned into a Opportunity, Contact, or Account until these are actually populated. Is there a way to "gray-out" buttons...

Connect CRM to other databases
Hi I'm working on a customization on the 1.2 RTM version. I have created a ..NET web application and deployed it into the CRM system. I access my app through the Opportunity object where I've added a link to my custom app in the left menubar on the Opportunity form. My custom app retrieves data from the CRM database but I also need to retrieve data from other databases located on different machines( but within the same domain). Testing my project on my local machine works fine whereas I can successfully retrieve data from CRM and other databases. But when running the custom a...

CRM Web AcCess
I have finished loading the CRM 1.2 on my Small Buz Server 2003. My default address in "companyweb" which can access CRM on the server, but when I try to access through a user computer, the following happens: 1. Open IE 2. Type "companyweb" 3. A request for user ID & pass is created 4. After logging in, upon hitting the ENTER button, my brouser closes -- The End. I have also trying to install CRM through Outlook 2003 and I have been unable to locate the CRM web address. Any suggestions? Did you create a new website in IIS? Have you created a new alias to...

Formula Needed #4
I am looking for a formula that will read (1/2 H) this for a register that i am building and i need to read if there is a half days holiday as i have one that reads if there is a holiday witch is =countif(k8:k17,"H") i need this to link in with that formula so it count up half days holidays would be greatful if there is anyone that could help... Cheers Hi You could try: =countif(k8:k17,"H") + (COUNTIF(K8:K17,"1/2 H")/2) Hope this helps. Andy. "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB370206-4D51-4B74-B01F-8436FA8BE0B...

CRM is a beast, anyone else?
Howdy, I've tried running CRM 3.0 on my laptop (ThinkPad Z61p Dual Core 2Ghz, 1GB RAM, 100GB SATA, Windows XP Pro SP2) but it just bogs it down to no end. When my computer is idle, CRM is offline, and Outlook 2003 SP2 is set to Work Offline, outlook.exe utilizes about 40-55% of my processors! When CRM is online and Outlook is also online and I'm local to the CRM server (ethernet) it does the same thing. Its a little bearable for myself because even at half processor availability, i can get most of my work done, once in a while i'll close outlook just to get some functions ...

CRM Permissions 11-22-05
Where can i find a explanation of the CRM permissions and what they mean? For example we are currently recieving a permission error when attempting to attach a file to a note. THe role has the ability on note to create, read, delete, append and append to. but we still receive a permissions error. In the help it tells me to see the system administrator to provide the correct permissions (so helpful) but how do we find out what the required permission is? Can the user add a note to the same object without an attachment? It is possible that they are hitting an IE security issue with tryi...

CRM Account Owner ID
Hi, I would like to create a mapping between the Accounts and a Custom Entity. I am finding it difficult however to map the Owner ID of Accounts to a Field in my Custom Entity. Does anyone know the sloution to this? or a workaround. Many thanks. The Owner ID is a field type that is not available for create a custom field with. Maybe wait for v4.0 where it does allows you to add lookup type fields entities. Or if you have to make in work in v3.0 -- SDK Good luck. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "azeem.javed@gmail...

POP on a windows mobile 5.0 device
I want to be able to send and receive email via pop on my windows mobile phone version 5. I can recieve but I cant send. i do the following mail.domain.com using ssl username and password enable outbound mail using same credentials. with no ssl and even using sll doesnt work. I tried it using outlook express and i get the same error message on outbound mail only. what do i need to do on exchange to allow me to send email out. my exchange server allows relaying with authenicated users. Any particular reason you are using POP instead of the builtin activesync (airsync)? Todd "...

Faxing attachments in SBS CRM 3.0
Someone please help me. I can't figure out how to get my faxes to go in CRM. I create a fax activity, fill in the necessary information, save the fax, attach the attachment document, and go to send it. I get an error "Unexpected Error: An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator." Now, if I send a fax the SBS CRM without an attachment, it works fine. I read the documentation on types of files that will work. I have tried sending .doc, .xls, .tif, .pdf, .jpg, none of them work. The only ones that I can get to work are faxes that I have re...

Connecting to CRM through MS Access 2003
Hello: In the past I've been able to connect to and update CRM data through MS Access 2003. We recently had to move CRM to another server. This seemed to have been done successfully, but when I tried to use MS Access for a quick report, I was not able to reconnect to the same tables. All I have now are the dbo.Filtered tables which apparently will not allow updates. Does anyone have any suggestion on what to change so that I can alter data through MS Access again? I do not recommend doing something like this. Directly updating the tables risks corrupting the security model of the...

RMS 2.0 #2
Hi Folks Does anybody know what will be new with version 2.0? Allot of press about Vista but nothing about RMS 2.0! Curious customer!!!!! Danny This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_06DA_01C71CC9.77D76EC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Danny, They just released updated brochures to resellers last week and I expect = them to be public near the end of December for either a mid January = release or heard Friday, maybe February (because of Vista on Jan 30) --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Sof...

PO Export with RMS 2.0
Hello, We recently upgraded from 1.3 to 2.0. I having some challenges with the way 2.0 exports purchase orders. With 1.3, I could sort the contents of my purchase order by item lookup code, price, description, etc. When I exported it to Email/HTML, the export would occur in the sorted manner I had chosen. Now, with RMS 2.0, whenver I export to Email/HTML the ONLY way it will sort is by item lookup code. This creates some real challenges for me, as my items are now mixed up in an illogical way for my supplier to understand. Thanks, Al Al, When you export to HTML, have you notice...

New Installation No Z report 0.00
New Installation No Z report 0.00 This is a new installation and the Z report has no detail. 0.00 all the way across. Any ideas? -- precisecheck hi dear, Check the database> registers> receipt format is there and also check database> register has attached any receipt format. Make sure these things first as it not setup by default. "PreciseCheck" wrote: > New Installation No Z report 0.00 > > This is a new installation and the Z report has no detail. 0.00 all the way > across. Any ideas? > -- > precisecheck Thank You Akber, this resolved the pr...

Agent Communications Dashboard for MS CRM 4.0
This (Agent Communications Dashboard) is touted as one of the new features of Office Communications Server 2007 R2, which was launched this month (http://www.microsoft.com/communicationsserver/en/us/whats- new.aspx). I can't find it anywhere, nor can I find anything beyond summary info on the web. Does anyone have any more information on this? ...

CRM 3.0 Sales for Outlook Automate Go Offline/Sync
Is there any way to insure that a CRM 3.0 Sales for Outlook user with the offline client updates the server with his/her changes and receives updates from the server (go online/offline automatically or on a schedule?) Lee Adler www.adlerppt.com Background offline sync on schedule is not implemented in v3. Only sync to Outlook is done in background. We consider to implement that in next release. Andrei Smertin [MSFT] "Lee Adler" wrote: > Is there any way to insure that a CRM 3.0 Sales for Outlook user with > the offline client updates the server with his/her changes and re...

What's wrong with the ATL COM wizard in evc 4?? #2
Or is it just my install? I'm a bit of a COM newbie so I'm relying on the wizard to add methods to my class. In fact I've just restarted evc and the interfaces 'spoon' has disappeared, and if you right click on the project and select 'New ATL object' I just get an error message (Sorry an error occurred while generating the object). Otherwise I compiled the com dll ok (and called it from an application). I tried adding a new method but I get a message about a pure virtual function : error C2259: 'CComObject<class CClient>' : cannot instantiate abstr...

CRM and SharePointServices
Hi all, I've just discovered SharePointServices and as I am on the process of implementing CRM in my company I found SPS a good companion for the CRM. Just want to know if you have any experience running both systems in parallel and among other things: Does SPS install with no pb on the same IIS than CRM? Same question for SQL Server Did you create some links from CRM to SPS and what benefits do you get from this link..etc... thanks for your feedback Eric If you are using SBS no problem at all having Sharepoint and CRM on same box. Set up sharepoint site to use "All unassi...

Importing emails saved in Netscape 4.x
I have numerous emails saved in Netscape 4.x that I do not want to loose. Is there a method to export them from Netscape and import them into Outlook (2002)? ...

Looking for CRM contractor
Our Phoenix based company installed CRM 3.0 over a year ago and besides using the standard features for managing clients and leads we have not been able to move it to the next level for marketing, sales and service management (including workflow processes). We are now ready to commit resources and time to this endeavor and are actively seeking a contractor to meet these needs. Any help from the group in articulating our needs and identifying possible applicants will be appreciated. Scott Charters MorePro Marketing p.s. Other than simple field and form editing our in-house staff is l...

Threads, delegates and invoke function with 2.0
Hi, How can i invoke a function in a mutli-threading environment with .NET 2.0 ? For example, assuming each thread (in a thread polling application...) needs to invoke the writeLog function from his createDocument function: private void createDocument() { writeLog("Test"); } private void writeLog(string data) { StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(@"c:\temp\test.txt", true); sw.WriteLine(data); sw.Flush(); sw.Close(); } This code won't run properly because of simultaneous access to writeLog from the different threads. I know i can add a ...

Media ver 11.0.5721.5268 on PC, Media ver. 9 on iPAQ won't sync.
I have a new-to-me iPAQ h4150. I am trying load a book on tape. On the iPAQ when I click on Windows Media, I get the following message: “the license for this file is not valid. Use Windows Media Player on your PC to copy the file to your device again.” When I go to my computer I get this message: “Your device is using an outdated driver that is no longer supported by Windows Media Player. For additional assistance, click Web Help.” On web help it tells me to go to my device provider which is HP. I did that and HP instant chat told me that because I have Media version 11.0....

Retrieve all record if check box = 0 (Not checked)
Hello, I would like to see ALL (0 and -1) records if my check box in my form is not checked (0) and if checked (-1) I would like to see only record with -1 (with check mark) This is what I have, but as expected it will return only record with 0 OR -1 SELECT tblSite.Site, tblSite.Lab FROM tblSite WHERE (((tblSite.Lab)=[Forms]![My Sites Groups]![CheckLab])); Thank you, Silvio Try this -- SELECT tblSite.Site, tblSite.Lab FROM tblSite WHERE tblSite.Lab = IIF([Forms]![My Sites Groups]![CheckLab] = 0, Between -1 AND 0, -1); -- Build a little, test a little. "S...

CRM for Outlook Incoming email
Two question about closing items using CRM 3.0 and Outlook CRM desktop: 1) When an incoming 'Outlook' email is manually registered on CRM (clicking 'Register in CRM') the email is stored in User queue. Once you have accepted the email from the queue, the item is moved in the 'User in progress' queue and there is no way to close that. Is there a way to close email items from CRM or Outlook? If there's no way, how should an user behave to remove the item from the queue and without removing that from CRM? 2) Is There a way to close an appointment (registered in C...

Percentage #4
My formula is the following =SUM(F29/F10)*0.1 The percentage is coming out to 276%. I only want two decimal places (27%). Please help. Thank you. -- Thank you. You are awesome! You must be formatting the cell as %. Try this enter 1 in any cell and then format that cell as %... You will get 100% To get the write figure you need to divide your formula with 100 like this =(SUM(F29/F10)*0.1)/100 You don't need the SUM around (F29/F10)*0.1 Actually to show what percentage F29 is of F10 you just need =(F29/F10)/100 and format the cell as % eg. if F29 is 150 and F10 is 75 you will ge...

Accessing CRM website through ISA2004
I am running SBS 2003 with CRM and ISA 2004 installed. I am publishing CRM to the public and am recieving errors. It lloks like ther is a proxy issue and I can seem to find where to configure it. Server Error in '/' Application The request failed with HTTP status 504: Proxy Timeout ( The connection timed out. For more information about this event, see ISA Server Help. ). Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception ...