Accuracy of money fields in CRM 3.0

Hi,

does anybody know how to change the accuracy of money fields in crm 3.0?
Unfortunatly I cannot change the build in money fields precision. It is
limited to two digits. New money fields can have a precision up to five
digits but that will not work in my scenario.

Any suggestions?

J�rg

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Jörg,

Can you tell me exactly which field's precision you want to change?

I could change the precision of some existing fields through:
Customization -> <<entity name>> -> Attributes -> <<select the attribute>>
-> Precision picklist.

You can have upto a precision of 4.

HTH,
Niths

"Jörg Krumm" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anybody know how to change the accuracy of money fields in crm 3.0?
> Unfortunatly I cannot change the build in money fields precision. It is
> limited to two digits. New money fields can have a precision up to five
> digits but that will not work in my scenario.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Jörg

Hi Nith,

I wanted to change the precision of this field:

Customization -> Quote (Product) -> Attributes -> priceperunit

The precision cannot be changed in this dialog. I figured out that if you
want to change the precision of build in money fields  you will have to make
this setting system wide:

Customization -> Organisational Settings -> System Settings

The "problem" is solved now, thanks for your message,

J�rg

"Niths" <Niths@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi J�rg,
>
> Can you tell me exactly which field's precision you want to change?
>
> I could change the precision of some existing fields through:
> Customization -> <<entity name>> -> Attributes -> <<select the attribute>>
> -> Precision picklist.
>
> You can have upto a precision of 4.
>
> HTH,
> Niths
>
> "J�rg Krumm" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> does anybody know how to change the accuracy of money fields in crm 3.0?
>> Unfortunatly I cannot change the build in money fields precision. It is
>> limited to two digits. New money fields can have a precision up to five
>> digits but that will not work in my scenario.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> J�rg

link custom field to resource names
hello, i have created a custom field "Primary contact" is there a way to link it to the list of Resource names? maybe turn it into a drop down list? thanks "greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23hSQ6HJsEHA.3396@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hello, > i have created a custom field "Primary contact" > is there a way to link it to the list of Resource names? > maybe turn it into a drop down list? > > thanks > > ...

Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 to build Windows Phone OS Image??
Hi, Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone OS Image?? If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? Since the Windows Phone 7 core is Windoes CE 6.0.I am curious to know whether Windows Phone 7 OS Image can be built using Platform builder. TIA, Nithin On 29 June, 10:29, Nithin <nithin.papd...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone > OS Image?? > > If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? > > Since the Win...

CRM 3.0/4.0: Views to show record that is created X Days Ago
I have a simple requirement to create a View with condition that the record is created x days ago, for example the record that is created 3 days ago. The only operator that is available for datetime (e.g. createdon) is only Last X Days, which if i show Last 3 Days, will show the records that were created today, yesterday, and 2 days ago. Is there any operator or any way to show the record that were created 3 days ago? I try to put condition "createdon Last 3 Days" and "NOT createdon Last 2 days", but there is no "NOT" operator in CRM. I try to insert new attribut...

Vista, MS Access 2003 and MS ADO Ext 6.0 vs 2.x
I am running into an issue with MS Access 2003 installed on Vista. Apparantly in the MS ADO Ext 6.0 version either (format, round, or sum) is not in that DLL. However, when I link to v2.8 of the DLL, I don't have an issue. I am getting the following error message when running my query. "Function is not available in expressions in query expressions." Does anyone have other workarounds? I am distributing this application in an MDE format, so I was wondering if the end users may experience issues, if I link to my version of msadox.dll instead of the installed version. I tried s...

Display Field Name as Text Listing if Value True from Checkbox Fields
Hi everyone! I have 40 or so columns in a table using the yes/no data type. Each record in the table represents an audit of a paper form. Those items filled incorrectly or incompletely on the paper form receive a check on an access form during the audit process. I would like to create a feedback form based on the audit record that displays a listing of fields that received the check boxes, or rather, were incomplete or incorrect on paper form that was audited. On the feedback form, I only want to display something like this: "Your form had the following errors: ErrorFieldOneName Erro...

Money for Windows Mobile 2003
Anyone know if there an download yet to sync money 2002 with Windows Mobile 2003 on the pocket pc? Any help would be appreciated! Thanx Offically no - you have to buy Money 2004, check out the HP forums: http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do? threadId=306567 and apparently you can do it - i have not done it yet myself. >-----Original Message----- >Anyone know if there an download yet to sync money 2002 >with Windows Mobile 2003 on the pocket pc? Any help would >be appreciated! Thanx >. > ...

Add the same field twice to a pivot table but filter one of them?
In my datasheet, I have a "cost" column and a "date" column so each cost has an associated date. In my pivot table, I've added the "cost" as a field, which shows the total and this is fine. However, I'd like to add the "cost" as a field again and this time selecting which dates to include in the cost number so that I have two cost fields side by side. Is something like this possible? Hi That is not possible in the same PT. You will need to set up a second PT based upon the same data set as the first but do NOT use the same Pivot Cache to save ...

Money 2006 Credit Information
It appears to be impossible to edit the interest rate or account limit on credit card accounts. When one goes to "Change Account Settings", the Credit Information is displayed, but there is no option to change it. Help? Scroll down to the Credit Information section and click the Change Credit Details button. -Mark "D." <D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C2CF91C-99A8-4433-8FB6-D9154FF72AAF@microsoft.com... > It appears to be impossible to edit the interest rate or account limit on > credit card accounts. When one goes to "Change Acco...

Afternoon Newspaper: Real Estate Big Boys Investing Big Money
Afternoon Newspaper Monday, December 14, 2009 Real Estate Big Boys Investing Big Money By Mayura Shanbaug The big boys are planning big. Five major projects worth at least Rs 200 crores each would be coming up in Central Mumbai, that would change the Mumbai=92s Skyline permanently. Over the next four years, places like Lower Parel, Sewri, Mazgaon, Mahalaxmi and Worli would witness a mushrooming of 60-plus-storey residential and commercial buildings. Homes ranging from 2,000 sq ft to 8,000sq ft with the average price being anywhere between the range of Rs 3 crore ...

Database Field Sizes.
I have two small problems, firstly Can the Matrix Description field size be increased to 40/60 chars at present too small. or is there a bigger field i can use eg the extended description field size increased. We need a way that when a saleperson inputs a sale order at the POS and the item needs to be special order the following information is automatically passed to the purchased order for the supplier. 1, supplier Ref number for item. 2, Supplier Colour (four suppliers have 56 colours each) 3, Size of Dress etc 4, delivery date required 5, Order confirmation date and number from suppli...

Money 2007 fails additional update
I am trying to use Money 2007 Premium on my new computer (Windows XP SP2) and it installs fine, but when I start Money it notifies me that an additional update is required. It looks like it downloads the files properly but fails the add'l install. I have tried the following: uninstall and install again turn off all virus protection (Panda) firewalls, etc. download directly from the web None of these have helped. I saw one article on this problem that said to remove a Core File, but I can not find it on my computer. Please help. -- Josie In microsoft.public.money, Josie wrote...

unable to archive #3
Hi, While i am trying to archive mails, i am getting following error"can't move the items.Some items could not be moved. They were already moved or deleted, or access was denied" Please help me. Clear your Deleted Items Folder and run Compact Now. Then run scanpst.exe against your pst-file to scan it for errors and try it again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Akhlesh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Noob Question For Selecting Multiple Fields On A Form
Hello... In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and click Edit -> Select All to select all fields on the form. Now, my question is... where in 2007 did the put that functionality? If Microsoft removed it from there... where did they recreate it? Thanks! Squirrel "SQLSQUIRREL" <SQLSQUIRREL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:333547A1-9C6A-422B-9CD5-97D79D6037DF@microsoft.com... > Hello... > > In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and > click Edit -> Select All to se...

Money 2003
I've set-up mortage loan account connected to hause asset account. I'm downloading bank transactions reports through internet. Beside others there are loan payments. How I can declare those payments aftewards as loan payments regarding specyfic loan account? Could I define split beetwen principal and interest? Dref ...

Problem running MS CRM 3.0 over SSL (https)
I have setup an install of Microsoft CRM 3.0 on a high spec Windows 2003 Small Business Server and it all worked happily. I then generated an SSL certificate and applied it to the site in IIS. Initially when you load CRM (using the web client) it loads the left hand menu and navigation panes and shows the top menus and the user which is logged in however to main content area remains blank. After a time out period the error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" appears. The strange thing is you can navigate the menus etc and even edit...

eMail Receive in CRM
Hello, I have installed CRM 3.0 Server and on the Exchange Server the CRM Exchange eMail Router. I can send eMails to external adresses but the answer of this mails is not imported into CRM. I have checked many settings but i found nothing... Any ideas? greetings, Stefan ...

mySQL datetime field reports as Long Integer with ODBC
I'm using Access 2003 as a reporting tool against a mySQL database, connecting with the mySQL ODBC driver 3.51.17. The ODBC driver reports every datetime field as a Long Integer in Access. This makes date operations problematic. I notice an interesting post in this forum from 2005 that would work fine ("Convert UNIX time to windows general date"), but using a function with every row seems like an unnecessary performance hit. Also, it seems counter-intuitive that the driver doesn't recognize the correct field type. The problem looks suspiciously like the mySQL bug rep...

Money 2005 won't accept my Passport login
My Microsoft Passport is associated with my user name (first@firstlast.com). WHy won't Passport accept this? ...

Disabling the "Track in CRM" feature when composing E-mails.
I installed the CRM3.0 client on my machine yesterday to work with our corporate version of CRM. However, every time I compose, reply, forward, respond to e-mails, it is automatically getting "tracked in CRM". I do NOT want this for every e-mail, so how do I turn it off??? I looked everywhere, and I can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! In the web client click tools > options, then select the tab activities. At the bottom you can select which message to track all or only those with a tracking token. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer A...

Text fields in report writer
I have a modified report dictionary, when I go into a report layout and enter a text field, when I tab off the field what I wrote is converted to something totally different. Has anyone seen this before? Reports that I have been using for months suddenly the text fields print something totally different. ????? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you! Hi J. We use a shared dictionary located on our server, and I find text fields do not "travel" well - ie. I often lose info if I export a report out of the dictionary to work on it. What I do is make a copy of the enti...

CRM Email delivery not working
1. I have CRM 3.0 on an SBS2003 box. 2. I have an account support with an email address of support@mydomain.com 3. I have created a CRM support account with the name techsupport and email of techsupport@mydomain.com I have applied the custom attribute CrmMailEnabled to the Exhange advanced settings, and disabled the user in AD 4. I have created a queue called Email Support with the email address in 3. above. 5. I have run the Exhange Rules Wizard supplied with CRM and chosen the CRM mailbox to be the user/email in 1. above, and run the rule on the Queue created in 4. above. 6. No ma...

Formatting date fields after export
I am experiencing problems with my exported date fields into Excel from other applications. The data formats to "yyyy-mm-dd" and cannot be modified unless I double-click on each field. Has anyone else experienced this problem? And what solutions would you suggest? It is probably seen as text, select the imported dates, do data>text to columns, click next twice, under column data format select date and YMD click finish Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Raymond" wrote: > I am experiencing problems with my exported date fields into Excel from other > applications. The d...

Auto Filling fields in form
I am new at creating code and would like to have two fields populated when the record is reviewed. One is the user name and the other is the date reviewed. There is a form which contains the Member Name and ID number. I would like to add the two auto fill fields in the Parent form and have it fill in the subform fields for that particular member using a trigger of some sort. Any advice would be appreciated. Bev Access forms display data... Access tables store it. If you want to see data from a record in a table in your form, your controls in the form need to be poin...

CRM 1.2 Leads & Searching
Hope someone can help - how do you search by Company Name field in the Leads view, as well as Name field (by default). On older leads people's names often get forgotten about, but the company name does not! Is there a way of selecting which fields are searchable? Thanks Afraid that you don't have this control in v1.2. v3.0 does give you the ability to pick which fields to search though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Adam Carter" <adam.carter@vantageit.co.uk> wrote in message news:wIudnXImHfGWr57ZRVnyiA@pipex.net... Hope someone can help - how do you se...

Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema?
Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema? No, the AD schema is not extended. It simply creates an add'l Organization Unit and some security groups under that OU. No changes that can't be simply undone... "Rifat Yavuz" <Rifat Yavuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5E9FBF3-D8B5-4735-AC87-494AA2B81599@microsoft.com... > Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema? thanks Chris Rifat Yavuz "Chris Resch" wrote: > No, the AD schema is not extended. It simply creates an add'l Organization...