AccountID on Account form?

Hi

i wonder if there is a way to show the accountid field on the account
form. need some unique id - cause there can be accounts with the same
name.

thanks

0
Max
8/31/2005 3:24:14 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

As far as I know, it is usually not possible to add the accountid to the
window. Instead, you could add an accountnumber.

Hope this helps,

Ronald Lemmen

"Max" wrote:

> Hi
>
> i wonder if there is a way to show the accountid field on the account
> form. need some unique id - cause there can be accounts with the same
> name.
>
> thanks

How2?
I bought Outlook-XP based on the line that said I could have different signatures on different accounts, with the signature assigned based on which account the message would be sent via. Now that I have everything else stable, I can't figure out how to do it. HELP please ! -- Remove VERMIN to reply Bob Sisson Keeper of the Dragon and other things at Redwall mailto:bob@VERMINSissonFamily.com http://www.SissonFamily.com/bob I have never heard anyone say that about Outlook XP. Outlook 2003 has this feature, but not Outlook XP. Where did you see this? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook M...

Editing a balanced account
I recently balanced my account, as I do every month. However, there are transactions that are several months old showing as not cleared. If I delete these items, my account balance will change substantially. I keep all my statements from the bank. IF I want to go back a couple of months, can I edit or "re-do" my balance to statement? and work myself forward until I am current? I'm not sure I understand your objective/situation fully. So, you balanced the account to data from the bank/statement, with these items as uncleared. Therefore, your cleared balance at the bank = y...

Running and creating forms in Excel
How do you create and run forms in Excel? Any help would be great on this ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Hello Michael You can either use items from the Forms tool bar or the Controls Tool box. These can be obtained from their respective command bars which you visualize by right-clicking on the excel menu bar. Items from the controls tool box require some knowledge of programming where those from the forms tool bar can be easily put in place. HTH Cordially Pascal "...

SOP Packing Slip only works under sa account in GP 9.0
Upgraded from GP 7.5 to 9.0 (9.00.0259 = SP1) on a test server (Windows 2003 Std SP1) running SQL Server 2000 and everything works except the SOP Packing Slip. When run under any user account, get a Microsoft Dynamics GP dialog box with message "User defined function failed in execution". After you click OK, the Packing List is displayed on the screen with the frame label "Screen Output - SOP Blank Packing Slip Form". When run under the sa account, the Packing Slip is displayed on the screen with the frame label "Screen Output - SOP Blank Packing Slip Form"....

How to select other form's Treeview item
Examples: I want create new project and two Button. (Button Click: Control other program's Treeview like outlook have Folders. ) When I click button1 Outlook Express folders selected item is 'Inbox'.click button2 selected 'newsgroups.borland.com' ...

Chart Account# and $ value from MANY into Line Chart
Hello, I have 365 excel files with the first page containing 2 columns. An account number and the cash in the account. Everyday a new account could be added or removed from the sheet. What is the best way to pull all these files into one graph? How could I further filter the accounts by saying only account Numbers ending in a B or an A. How can I show on the line chart when an account drops off the chart. I'd suggest a routine that pulled all the data into a single sheet, inserted an extra column and used the filename as an identifier so that you ended up with 3 columns of data. T...

Time Stamp form open and close
I have a form that is used to enter data. I have a time stamp for each entry but would like to capture the data entry session for an immediate printout of a report on the entries. So, Upon entering the form I would like to mark a variable with a time stamp, allow the user to enter all they want, then when they exit the form, record the end with a time stamp. I would then like these two time stamps to be used to capture the data for a query then report. Any suggestions on what would be the best place to start? Thanks, -- learning by playing It sounds like you are trying to save user...

Downloading to incorrect accounts Money 2004
Money used to download the statements to the correct account, now for some reason it is downloading the statements to the wrong accounts. Anyone know how to manually select which account each statement goes to or to reset the system. It was suggested I rename or select another institution and temporarily to "break" the link. No go. Money ignores it and keeps on downloading to the wrong account. Very frustrating, think MS would have at least given a way to correct this simple mistake. I was told by them to delete the accounts and then rebuild them. Years worth of data. Abso...

How to select which user account gets mail sent/received?
Unlike Outlook Express where there is a choice to say a particular user's email account should not be checked when the program sends and receives mail, I can't find anywhere to do the same thing in Outlook 2003 which I just installed. I have two users on this notebook computer, my wife and I, and I don't want Outlook to be sending or receiving my email on this computer because normally I use a different computer to get my email. However, I like the fact that in Outlook Express all of the connect and ID and password information can stay there for my account but just not ...

Import Accounts / Contacts
I remember seeing a posting some place a couple of weeks ago regarding importing contacts into accounts using Bulk Import. The posting had a link to a page/blog that someone had written up with code to display the GUID in search results/finds. In other words, I want an import process that does not involve SQL (why have to query using SQL, isn't Advanced Find usable)? I do not care if I have to have two separate import steps (well, I do, and Microsoft has clearly failed to make this important feature usable... I guess they're trying to keep Scribe happy at the expense of us all...

Open a Form and Close other...
Help Need - I an haveing an issues with my Access form button code. I would like to create a button to open the 2nd page. But it has to open vewing the record from the previous page. Note: I was able to creat a button to open 2nd form with (just the) same record or Open with all records but on the first record view. And what's the code behind the button? You could use something like: DoCmd.openform "Yourformname",,,"Where [IDfield]= " & me.[IDfield] -->(from form 1) Replace the fieldnames with your own fieldnames... hth -- Maurice Ausum "Pierre&...

Access Form Blinks repeatedly
I put a tab control on a form with 1 subform on each tab accross 6 tabs. These forms load up their own table of data. On the main form alongside the tab control i created a subform that lists the users taht are linked into EVERY table of the database. I created a textbox on the form that has a control source set to the subform user list and then set all the subforms in the tab control to link master and child fields to their keyid and the main forms textbox. This WAS work until about a week ago when all of a sudden the forms start blinking rapidly when a user is clicked on the subform list...

Using the Share Account Feature
When an Account is owned by User 1 and Shared with User 2, User 2 doesn't see the Account on his My Accounts.... Why? Is there a way for User 2 to see the Shared Accounts on his My Accounts? We have 2 business units that may Share accounts. All of our Accounts are owned by Corporate and Corporate Shares the accounts with individual Users as needed... Thanks a million in advance... Hello Sam- User 1 is is the "owner" of the record, when you "share" the record you are granting someone else the ability to read/append/ the record as in a team selling environment, h...

Linking Contacts with Accounts
I have imported 200 Account records into Crm then by using the GUID I imported the 200 contact records. The Contacts have the correct Account in the Parent Customer field but when you look at the Account record the Primary Contact field is blank. Does anyone know how I can create this relationship without having to manually got through the 200 records. Any help would be great !! ...

Auto Complete a form
Hello, I have two tables, one contains product information (Code and Name) the other containes the bulk of infomration. This is variable depending on situation. What I want to happen, is that I select a code # from a drop down list. Once the code is selected, it automatically completes the name of the product, I then just update the variable information. How can I do this in laymans terms? -- Thank you for your time! John Hi, First of all, if your database is well normalized, you probably don't need to populate those data. But, in any case, if that's what you want to accompli...

the form required to view this message cannot be displayed
I get this message when I try to open an email attachment in Outlook 2000. I got about 15 different emails w/attachments from different people and I can not open them. I get the following error: "the form required to view this message cannot be displayed. please contact your administrator." When I extract the message to my desktop and open it from there, I can open the attachment. Has anyone come across this problem? It is really annoying. Please help. Thank you. ...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Emailing info from a form
Hi, I need to email a reference # from a form. I just need the ref #. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks Linda Are you looking to get a list of multiple reference numbers or just email 1 reference number? "Linda" wrote: > Hi, > > I need to email a reference # from a form. I just need the ref #. Is there > anyway to do this? > > Thanks > Linda The simplest way would be to do something like this: Dim msgString as String msgString = Me![Reference Number Field] DoCmd.SendObject , , , "email@address.com", , , "The reference number is...

direct deposit into muliple accounts
I have my direct deposit separated into multiple accounts. How can I reflect that in Money? First an assumption: the accounts in question are all in Money. Put Transfer:[name of other Money acct] transactions on the After Tax tab. Say your net income is $1,500 and you split it into $1,350 to "Checking" and $50 to "Savings" and $100 to your "Vacation Home Savings" account. Put a paycheck transaction with a total amount of $1,350 in your "Checking" account. On its after tax tab, add two lines: $50 Transfer:Savings $100 Transfer:Vacation Home Savin...

Refering to other objects in other forms
Hi, I am a bit of a novice with the VB side of Excel (Only discovered it yesterday!) I'm trying to refer to another toggle button in another form but I am not sure of the syntax. I have this "If ToggleButton1.Value = True Then" but the toggle button I am refering to is not in this form. I assume I need to preceed "ToggleButton1" with the name of the form it is in but I'm not sure exactly how to do this... Any help would be great :o) Craig... -- The Zero ST ...

Minimizing the visibility of account managers
Hello everyone, Let me put it as example: I have different account manager having different accounts. I want them to view their own account only . So that whenever they logged on , they can not view the accounts of other. How to do it? regards/ Aam sorry i figured it out :0) ...

How to account for "returns" ?
I kinda new to Money (2005) and would appreciate help with the following: 1. I bought something for $100 charged on credit card account C, categorized as "leisure" 2. I returned the merchandise, entered the item again in C but this time as credit instead of charge. 3. However, when I do analyze expenses by category; I see the merchandise credit is not accounted for in "leisure" category (i.e) it shows my original expense without considering the subsequent credit ? What is the correct way to handle returns ? Thanks - Sam Instead of entering the credit as a...

Moving Accounts generates the following error
While a user with Sys Admin rights in CRM was moving accounts (250) he encountered the following error in CRM. Invalid Code for CRM Error. Transaction (Process ID 68) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. SQL state- 40001 native error -1205 0x80044005 D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\OMCommon\dataaccess.ini Any thoughts? What do you mean "moving" accounts? I would try killing all workflows that are running on the accounts in question, and then trying your "move" again (I'm guess...

Display data in the form using the tables
Is it possible to Display data in the form using the tables as the back-end database.if so ,please provide me any examples.... thanks in advance. On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 20:42:01 -0700, Chiki <Chiki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to Display data in the form using the tables as the back-end >database.if so ,please provide me any examples.... > >thanks in advance. What do you mean by "using the tables as the back-end database"? Data is always stored in tables. These can be local tables, or can be linked in a backend (which might be a...

Automatically update an AmendDate field on my form using VBA
Please Help! Am trying to get a form to automatically populate an amend date field upon any change to the record. I've tried the following in the form level Form_AfterUpdate Event Private Sub Form_AfterUpdate Me.IncidentAmendDate = Date End Sub This correctly populates the field on the form, but then won't let me move to any other record, exit the record etc unless I dont save. Please advise!!! Try moving the code to the form's before update event Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate Me.IncidentAmendDate = Date End Sub John Spencer Access MVP 200...