Account vs. Competitor?

Hi,

Why exist both "competitor management" function and specify
Relationship at "Competitor" in Account management function?

Thanks,
0
tiendq
10/26/2004 9:37:49 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Competitors give you the ability to associate the competitor with products and
opportunities and other objects.  There is value to this in terms of reporting
against success rates against certain competitors in your space.  However, this
is only availbale with the Pro license.

The Account Type competitor can be used for other tracking of informaiton about
your cempetition without a Pro license or if you don't need the level of support
provided by the Competitor featureset.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On 26 Oct 2004 02:37:49 -0700, tiendq@gmail.com (Tien) wrote:

Hi,

Why exist both "competitor management" function and specify
Relationship at "Competitor" in Account management function?

Thanks,

0
Matt
10/26/2004 7:13:04 PM
I agree, we're adopting to using "Competitor" as a
relationship type in the hopes to simply the tabs/screens
our users must use.  However, CRM  will not map a lost
opportunity to an existing account.  Argh!
0
jmc

Account Lockup Duration policy
Currently using GP10 SP2 installed on terminal server and was curious if Account Lockup Duration policy is setup within GP or on SQL Server 2005. Thanks in advance. JC ------=_NextPart_0001_7CFC0274 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. The lockup policy is going to be controlled outside of GP within SQL itself (or your domain policy). GP code only passes the attempt to login to SQL, and SQL verifies whether the password and login are correct or not. Regards, Jerad Microsoft Online Support Engineer =======================...

Master Account SID #2
Hi, I have a user that was disabled and now is re-enabled. He can no longer log in. I have tried to associate the Self account to external account but I should not have to do that if his AD account is re-enabled. Something corrupt? Anything I can do to fix it? Thanks. Associated External Account should not be set for an enabled user. I suspect you're falling foul of the fact that the store will only re-read stuff after 2+ hours (cached for performance). Restart the store, or wait the time, and you should be able to log in. There's a registry key to change this waiting time ...

Propagate info from Account to Sub-Account
Hello, I have created a custom field in the account object. I would like this custom field not to appear in sub accounts linked to the root accounts...I don't think it's possible as accounts and sub accounts are the same objects... So if it's not possible I'd like this specific custom field to be propagated to the sub account(s) with the same value as the one in the root account. Is it possible to do that? Thanks for your help Eric You are correct that you cannot hide that field since it is the same object. If you want that field to propogate then you can add the ma...

Rules on IMAP accounts and other miscellaneous
[reposted .....] IMAP -------------- 1) How do I make rules work on IMAP accounts - Can I write rules so that automatically IMAP mail will be transferred from the IMAP server to specified folders on **my** machine ? At least can I transfer mail automatically from the IMAP folder to my Machine's Inbox by triggering a rule ? POP3 -------------- 2) How do I delete unwanted mail FROM the POP3 server (i.e.) how to avoid downloading and then deleting ? - OE 5 had a facility to delete from server ... General ----------- 3) If I wish to send a mail to a friend - but at a future date - s...

default account keeps getting unset
Hi, A strange problem: Approximately once a day, my email account becomes unconfigured as the default email account. I notice because OE will refuse to send the email that I have just written, but, if I set it back, then OE sends it just fine. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Thanks for any guidance. Jeff PS. I am on XP Pro SP3, OE 6.00.2900.5512 configured as in another becomes the default account? Are all accounts in different identities, or the same one? If different, is the default account the Main identity? -- Bruce Hagen ...

Money06 & Money Online: Some Account Balances Sync, But Not Transactions...?
I have Money 2006, and use it with MSN MoneyCentral. For the most part, it works. There are a couple of accounts that initially synced the balances that were pulled from the source (or Yodlee) when I set it up, but the transactions didn't pull. Just a blank register with a correct balance. New transactions for those accounts that show at the billers site are not pulling to MSN MoneyCentral accounts, so not to Money 2006 either. Anyone run into this and figure out what's going on...? THANKS! ...

Error creating Contact within Account
I can create a conact and associate it to an account but all of a sudden the other day I cna nolonger create a contact within an account, I get the following error meassge, I have remapped everything, and now am at a loss can any one help. [ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect.] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMContactClass.Create(CUserAuth& Caller, String Contact) +0 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Contact.InternalCreate(String xml) +31 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Contact.InternalCreateAndRetrieve(String xml, String columnSet) +9 Microsoft.Crm.Appli...

Reading messages sent by a Hotmail account
I have a computer that is running Outlook 2000. Frequently, when I recieve messages from people who use hotmail accounts, the entire message does not display - the only way I can read the entire contents of the message is to click forward or reply - then for some reason, I can then read everything the other person (with the hotmail account) wrote. Trying to read messages from some individuals with Hotmail accouts causes Outlook to crash altogether (Dr. Watson). I know of some people who recieve e-mail from the same sources using Outlook and do not have these problems. Has anyone solved a p...

Excel 2003 vs 2002 problems
Hi, I have a large spreadsheet (80 MB) that was having some memory type issues in Excel 2002. I was told that 2003 has more memory. I upgraded today and noticed that the spreadsheet no opens better, i can copy/paste formulas better etc. However, I noticed that it calcualtes much slower than 2002. I have live stock data coming in via RTD links - the RTDThrottle is the same. I have run a sisde by side comparison (same spreadsheet running on two different systems - one with 2002 and the other with 2003) 2002 calculates much quicker. Does anyone know if I have to change something in...

Scroll to end of Contacts / Accounts / Leads
The navigation here needs some work or I'm completely overlooking something. At any given time, when I'm in the middle of my Contacts pool in CRM, I can click the arrow that point to left with an underline and be taken immediately to the very first record. However, there is no arrow that points to the right with an underline under it to take me to the very end. Users complain that sometimes all they want to see is the number of records and it should be easier to do within CRM - are we missing something? If your view is sorted by, say, name, you can use the alphabet bar to go to...

MS Money and BillPay broken for all account changes and additions
I just spent almost 2 hours on the phone with Checkfree and Money Support. Thank God I had the sense to insist they were on the same call to avoid the finger pointing. Both reps were good, but the bottom line for me is this. One of my banks that I use with Checkfree (I use 3) required me to add 3 numbers to my account number on checks that Checkfree printed. It turns out you can't change the account number within Checkfree on an existing account. At their direction, I added a new account and deleted the old account. After the proper transaction verification, I could not get th...

How do I create a new email account
Please send me step by step instructions on setting up several email accounts. I have tried and it keeps failing on the test. I'm not sure of what I'm doing wrong. Any information on where to go to learn more about emails for my business would be greatly appreciated. thanks, kathy Dear Kathy, your Outlook version is? have a look on this site "how to create" for different Outlook versions email accounts (POP3, IMAP, Exchange etc.): https://www3.imperial.ac.uk/portal/page?_pageid=35,50372&_dad=portallive&_schema=PORTALLIVE -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook ...

How do I create separate inboxes for each e-mail account?
I am trying to setup Outlook 2003, and would like to know how to create separate inboxes for each e-mail account. NuttyERnurse schrieb am 09.02.2005 17:13: > I am trying to setup Outlook 2003, and would like to know how to create > separate inboxes for each e-mail account. Create fo every email-account a subfolder in your inbox. Then create a rule and delay incoming mails in the particular folder. -- Viele Grüße Christian Göller NuttyERnurse <NuttyERnurse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to setup Outlook 2003, and would like to know how to ...

How do I deal with account transfers
OK this is what's going on and I don't know how to deal with it. I have two different checkinig accounts with the same bank. Into the first all our paychecks are direct deposited and all our bills come out through automatic or bill pay. Also a set amount is transfered from here to the second account each week. It's from this second one that we go out to eat, go grocery shopping, etc. So how should I handle that weekly transfer out of the first accoun in Money 2005t? I don't want it showing up as a catagory on my budget graphs because it's not really a catagory....

VS movement
Hi. I installed Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2003 on my desktop a little while ago. Now, I'd like to move it to my new laptop, but I can't find one of the CDs. Does anyone know how I can copy it over? I tried just moving the directory and some registry stuff but couldn't get it working. Any ideas? Thanks For all practical purposes, I would say that you can't. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resumes.htm <easa239032@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:842e05f6838a2632d9a2f1153c7...

Securing a worksheet vs. HTTP
Suppose a worksheet is secured (user may not edit cells, select cells, format cells, etc.). If the file is served via http, it seems as if these security settings are not regarded. Is this correct, or do I make some error. Michael G. Schneider Sun, 23 Sep 2007 18:41:05 +0200 from Michael G. Schneider <mgs@newsgroups.nospam>: > Suppose a worksheet is secured (user may not edit cells, select cells, > format cells, etc.). If the file is served via http, it seems as if these > security settings are not regarded. Is this correct, or do I make some > error. Serving it ...

2008 backup vs 2008R2 backup
Hi Windows backup for 2008 seems to be different from 2008R2. In 2008 I cannot select which folders/files I want to backup (in R2 I can) Is it just the GUI that is better in R2? Can I somehow with through commands or powershell exclude a folder in 2008 backup or do I always have to backup the whole volume? Tomppa Hello Tomppa, This is a change with Windows server 2008 R2. You can't exclude folders with Windows server 2008 backup. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Pleas...

Where is the Email Account info stored?
I currently have my PST file stored on a separate partition from my program files. Then if I need to restore an image, my data is unaffected. However, is there a way to perform a similar storage to my email accounts? I just restored a partition and I lost all of my account information (Tools -> Email Accounts). Where is that info stored? How do I store it elsewhere from the C: drive? Thanks. It's in the registry. In Office 2003 the Save My Settings wizard will save that information. Office 2007 doesn't have that but the Vista migration tool will move it. <-> wrote...

This item has exceeded the budget for account number.
Hello, I am getting a recurring error message which prevents a user from entering in an expense into eReq because the system considers the account over budget, when in fact it is not. To correct the error, the origin of which we are still uncertain, we were instructed to run File/Maintenance/PO Enhancements/Reconcile. We received this message several times today and ran the utility which did not have any impact on the situation- the error message continues to pop up (i.e., for 53300-1650-000 Finance Office Supplies). The exact error message is: This item has exceeded the budget for...

POP3 Error "None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient"
I have just setup a POP3 account in Outlook for my Bellsouth.ne account. I am able to receive e-mail successfully, I can send mai successfully to any username@bellsouth.net account, but if I try t send to any other ISP account, such as username@yahoo.com o username@aol.com, I immediately receive an undeliverable e-mail in m inbox with the message "None of your e-mail accounts could send to thi recipient". I did an online chat with bellsouth help desk, they shadowed my PC an said my setup was correct. Therefore, their answer was that I mus have a corrupt version of Outlook, to con...

request for v.3.0
Hello, if you changes owner in a parent record, owner changes automaticaly for all child records (except of activities). In the case of ACCOUNTS it would be nice, if the user can decide in a dialog window, which child ACCOUNTs should change the owner also and which don´t change. -- Ivana ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft We...

Exchange Service Account #2
Hello All, I have a problem. I've taken over responsibility of managing an Exchange 2003 server. To give you a history, Exchange was started in the company at v5.5, then upgraded to 2000, then upgraded to 2003. The previous admin has been terminated. When he configured the system, he made his personal account the Exchange System Manager account. Is there a way to change this account? I was thinking of just renaming his old account to something generic, but I would rather delete it and select another account to act as teh System Manager. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Tha...

WinForms vs MFC
I have been trying to update my ability to program in a windows environment. AFAIK, I am completely unknown to MS. As I tried to register VC2005 express, they wanted me to have a passport. I think they mean something other than the little blue one in my closet. In addition to not knowing how to acquire a windows passport, I'm also told that WinForms is increasing in influence. Is that the opinion around here? cheer, bfx > I think they mean something > other than the little blue one in my closet. Hopefully. > In addition to not knowing how to acquire a windows pass...

Need some pointers
I just started playing with the XML extensions of the CRL and have a question and have not seen how why what I have here is happening. Now I do know my XML is not complete and the file layout we are starting with is simply a prototype Any way here is a cut out of my xml file <IADSNOTES type='public' count='4'><Note ID='1' app='Readr' csm='0'><File href='C:\IADS\DEMO\DEMO.SGM'/><Frame num='1' id='INTRODUCTION TO IADS' title=''/><User>Guest</User><Pos ScrollPos='0'/><Te...

GP vs others Microsoft ERPs
I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of GP vs SL and other MS dynamics ERPs for a medium size company. I have found tons of information on MS dynamics but none about how to choose one or another. Regarding Axapta, GP software and installation costs are much more in line with the budget of a small to medium-sized business. Regarding Solomon, GP is much bigger in terms of installed base and has many more available modules, like payroll and HR. Solomon is built for easier customization but GP has multiple tools that can be used for customization. Solomon has a very strong...