Access is Denied in CRM 3.0 after upgrading from 1.2

After an upgrade of Microsoft CRM 1.2 to 3.0 without any errors,  I can
not log into the Microsoft CRM web page.  I get the following error
"you do not have enough privileges to access the microsoft crm object
or perform the requested operation"

I have searched everywhere for a solution for this but i am now at a
loss.
During the install i recieved two warnings
1. verify domain user account spn for the microsoft crm asp .net
application pool account
2. setup was unable to verify that the "trust for delegation" property
is enabled for the computer object.

If I create a new CRM account, eg CRMNEW and assign it administrator
priveledges to the CRM system, i get an error that says "The user
authentication passed to the platform is not valid."

I really would appreciate any assistance on this matter.

Thank you in advance
Ranga

0
Ranga
2/15/2006 2:01:43 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Can you post additional details/info on your setup and settings?

Did you do the Post Installation tasks?

Anyway, check in your CRM 3.0 IIS Directory Security Tab, Anonymous access
and authentication control. Be sure that the Window Authentication Tab is the
only one selected.

HTH

"Ranga" wrote:

> After an upgrade of Microsoft CRM 1.2 to 3.0 without any errors,  I can
> not log into the Microsoft CRM web page.  I get the following error
> "you do not have enough privileges to access the microsoft crm object
> or perform the requested operation"
>
> I have searched everywhere for a solution for this but i am now at a
> loss.
> During the install i recieved two warnings
> 1. verify domain user account spn for the microsoft crm asp .net
> application pool account
> 2. setup was unable to verify that the "trust for delegation" property
> is enabled for the computer object.
>
> If I create a new CRM account, eg CRMNEW and assign it administrator
> priveledges to the CRM system, i get an error that says "The user
> authentication passed to the platform is not valid."
>
> I really would appreciate any assistance on this matter.
>
> Thank you in advance
> Ranga

Sorry about the late reply i was out of town.

I did not run the post installation tasks but microsoft did provide me
with a solution.
i will continue to run some tests, but it seems that it was to do with
Kerberos authentication.  See below.

My setup is as follows
All servers and workstations are running in VMWARE, in an isolated
network as  this was for testing purposes.
\\CRM-EX -  Runs Exchange, AD, DNS, SQL, REPORT SERVER
\\CRM - Runs CRM
\\CRM-CL - runs the crm client

The reason i was getting the problem according to microsoft is i needed
to set Kerberos authentication.
This was achieved by opening Ad users and computers,Then going to the
account that CRM is installed under.  Next i had to click the
delegation tab and use the trust this account for delegation to
specified services.
Once i had done that I had to select use Kerberos only.

0
Ranga

Reporting from Project Server

Support Debugging Tool #2
Is the Support Debugging tool available for GP9. I have a customer having a random issue with GP and a third party product. I had read somewhere that you can set this tool up to capture when something is not happening - a way to capture these random things. how easy is this tool? We do have a development team - so if i need that level of skill i have that available to me. Andrea, Support Debugging Tool is available for versions 8, 9, and 10. The issue you are describing is the perfect scenario where you would use SDT. SDT is relatively simple to use and even if you have the need for ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Purchased Office 5-19--Upgrades Available?
This is a retail, boxed copy of Office delivered 5-19. Is there any way = to=20 upgrade to Office 2004 short of the $239 (or whatever it was)? Thanks. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote : > This is a retail, boxed copy of Office delivered 5-19. Is there any way to > upgrade to Office 2004 short of the $239 (or whatever it was)? Thanks. Yes! Se here: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.aspx?pid=office2004tg --------------------------------------------------------- Please reply to the newsgroup, and within the same thread. Merci de r�pondre au groupe, et dans l'enfilade...

More Columns #2

Linking files 2 ways

Goal Seek #2

learning Excel #3

Error 550 Relaying denied

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

Emails #3

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Contacts in Exchange #2

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

CRM menu is dim
The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my CRM 3.0 client is not functional. I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for Outlook: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." Many thanks for anybody who can help. KM Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the CRM server. Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/20...

Access to User Calendar

microsoft.public.access.conversion

Viewing group calendars in CRM

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?