Access CRM remotely via internet browser

hi,

We have a few users in Hong Kong which we will like them to use MSCRM;
Currently, our main MSCRM server is located in London, UK.

Can CRM be accessed remotely via internet browser?

At the moment, we can only access them via internet browser if we are within
the local network.

tks

Alan

0
Alan
8/7/2006 5:11:16 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You would need to expose the CRM website through your firewall.  This could
be a security issue though with this approach.  If you can, you would be
safer to establish a VPN connection.  At a minimum, require SSL on the
exposed web port.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Alan" <alanlim@f2s.com> wrote in message
hi,

We have a few users in Hong Kong which we will like them to use MSCRM;
Currently, our main MSCRM server is located in London, UK.

Can CRM be accessed remotely via internet browser?

At the moment, we can only access them via internet browser if we are within
the local network.

tks

Alan

0
Matt
8/7/2006 9:09:29 PM
Another option possible would be to set up a citrix server with internet
explorer so that the users can access the company intranet. They would then
be able to log onto the crm system as if they were in the office.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> You would need to expose the CRM website through your firewall.  This could
> be a security issue though with this approach.  If you can, you would be
> safer to establish a VPN connection.  At a minimum, require SSL on the
> exposed web port.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Alan" <alanlim@f2s.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> We have a few users in Hong Kong which we will like them to use MSCRM;
> Currently, our main MSCRM server is located in London, UK.
>
> Can CRM be accessed remotely via internet browser?
>
> At the moment, we can only access them via internet browser if we are within
> the local network.
>
> tks
>
> Alan

Alan,
Integrated Windows authentication is required for Microsoft CRM. If a client
computer attempts to connect to the Microsoft CRM server through a proxy, the
connection will fail because Basic authentication is necessary for a
connection to the server through a proxy. However, Basic authentication is
not supported in Microsoft CRM.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm1/deploy/14_instl.mspx#ESBAI

Robert

"xxdcmast" wrote:

> Another option possible would be to set up a citrix server with internet
> explorer so that the users can access the company intranet. They would then
> be able to log onto the crm system as if they were in the office.
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > You would need to expose the CRM website through your firewall.  This could
> > be a security issue though with this approach.  If you can, you would be
> > safer to establish a VPN connection.  At a minimum, require SSL on the
> > exposed web port.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM
> >

> > "Alan" <alanlim@f2s.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> >
> > We have a few users in Hong Kong which we will like them to use MSCRM;
> > Currently, our main MSCRM server is located in London, UK.
> >
> > Can CRM be accessed remotely via internet browser?
> >
> > At the moment, we can only access them via internet browser if we are within
> > the local network.
> >
> > tks
> >
> > Alan

CRM Deplayment Manager ERROR
I have set up CRM a number of times. After working for a while I get the following error when trying to access the User Manager section. "The server LocalHost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, you do not have sufficient privileges to run User Manager" I am logged into the server as the Administratot that set up Win2000server, CRM, exchange2000...etc. We have valid licences and they are all active and ready for use. I have set up users in AD. What else could it be.... Make sure IIS is running on the app se...

Outlook Web Access #17
I am trying to have Outlook Web access run in IIS 6 on a Windows 2003 server. Half of the mailboxes in the company are on the message store on this Windows 2003 server and the other half are on another message store on another server. We have a web site where a use clicks on a link to go to http://192.168.42.7/exchange where 192.168.42.7 is the location of the Windows 2003 server. If a user's mailbox is on this server then the link works fine and they can see their mail. If the user is on the other server they get the error message page not found, dns error or server error. How...

How do I add a grouping level to an existing report in Access?
How do I add a grouping level to an existing report in Access? In report design view, show the Sorting and Grouping dialog (View menu.) Click the "record selector" at the left of the field where you want a row above. Tap the Insert key. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "latwood" <latwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D49F7C44-8E44-4547-811C-ABC492917A75@microsoft.com... > How do I add a grouping level ...

Programmatic Access Security Pop up with Wordeditor
Outlook 2007 SP2 Exchange 2007 SP1 I want to create a task with an formated hyperlink in the body. At Set objDoc = objInsp.WordEditor always security boxes pop up !!!!! Why???? This is the Code: Private Sub CreateNewTaskWithHyperlink() Dim appOutLook As Outlook.Application Dim taskOutLook As Outlook.TaskItem Dim objInsp As Outlook.Inspector Dim objSel As Word.Selection Dim strLink As String Dim strLinkText As String Dim olAnw As Object Dim docangebot As Word.Document Set docangebot = ActiveDocument 'Only For test fix Hyperli...

I cannot install the CRM 3.0 List Web Part 1.0
My problem is; I cannot install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 List Web Part "crmlistwebpart.exe" in my Windows Share Point Services SP2 on SERVER1. The error message is: Installation of the List Web Part for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 requires that Windows SharePoint Services v2 or SharePoint Portal Server 2003 be installed. Verify that one of the SharePoint technologies is installed on the server and retry setup.... and the install proces stop... My enviroment is: SERVER1 IS: Windows Server 2003 R2 Full update Windows SharePoint Services v2 (SP2) - Microsoft Office Web C...

Confused by the wait for timer in CRM 4.0
How can I make a workflow to send e-mail after x days from creation of the record? I tried to use the execution time and timeout options under local values- workflow, but it didn’t work it stuck at waiting status and I can’t understand the way it work in CRM 4.0 Detailed instructions on how to configure wait for timer in CRM 4.0 will be much appreciated. See a simple example on this blog http://crm.davidyack.com/journal/2008/1/14/workflow-wait-condition-parallel-wait-branch-steps.html and search this forum , the question about Timer has already beeen answered . /Aamir In your workflo...

Access data transfer
Hello, I have been looking for a data integration / transfer program able to help with Access and also Mysql. I have had some advice but have not found the right software yet. The main feature is being able to migrate important quantities of contacts and data on a daily basis. The migration would be done manually. Thank you for your help! Access has pretty robuse import and export capabilities. Describe in greater detail what you need to transfer and what file structure is required. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrage...

excel calculations in Access
Hi, I have a complex query written in Excel which i want to replicate in Access, however when i do it flags a error message saying undefined functions. So i'm looking for the eqivualents in Access. The ones it can't find are: SQRT - Which i believe is just SQR in access CHIINV NORMSINV So if anyone can help with this i'd be most grateful. If needed the full access query as it stands at the minute is as follows; Expr1: [T03 - Workings with Calcs]![DSR Rate]/100000+SQRT([T03 - Workings with Calcs]![Calc2 Total]/[T03 - Workings with Calcs]![SumOfStaTOT]^2/[T03 - ...

WriteFile access error on UMDF USB driver
I am creating a driver based on the UMDF FX2_driver sample. My device differs in that it has one input and one output interrupt endpoint. Also am providing a symbolic name. I have a test application I would like to use with this driver/device that uses WriteFile to send data to the driver. I am able to verify thru tracing and a line trace that the data from the WriteFile is being received by the driver and passed on to the usb device. However, the WriteFile fails with a GetLastError() of 1117 (ERROR_IO_DEVICE). Need to determine why I am getting this error. ricobandito &l...

where can i store my personal templates and have access from excel
I have office 2010 beta installed and am having trouble finding a location to store my personal templates to and have access from all my office 2010 programs ...

upgrade for access 97
I'm still running access 97 and am buying a new pc 64 bit windows 7. Is there any way I can upgrade or make it possible to use this program? Thanks -- Faith Hi Faith, I'm not sure if Access 97 includes any 16-bit code. If it does, then it simply will not run on a 64-bit system. You could always purchase and install VMWare Workstation, which allows you to create virtual machines. You will need a licensed copy of the operating system, and any software that you install into a virtual machine. What identified need do you have for running a 64-bit operating system...

Microsoft CRM 3 And Calyx Point
Does anyone know if there is a third party product that integrates Microsoft CRM 3 and Calyx Point? If so, does it work well? Thanks. Rick Bellefond RB Data Services www.rbdata.com This might help. http://www.crmchump.org/2006/06/access_microsof.html ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03C4B3C2-7BEC-4DC7-BF08-FC1F40F636A8@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a third party product that integrates > Microsoft > CRM 3 and Calyx Poi...

Access 2007: Escape Out of Compacting Corrupts Database
Access 2007 We have a rather complicated application that has the front end set to compact on close. During the QA process our testers were able to corrupt the front end by hitting the escape key a few times while the front end was compacting. Lots of nasty popup messages when the application was restarted. We created a simple database with one table and one form (see attached). The form has three buttons: Populate Data -- This empties the table and then adds a little over one million records. View Data -- This opens the table in normal mode. DoCmd.Quit -- This issues ...

Install any software on a remote machine
Hi, VC++ 6.0 I am developing an application that monitors and manages a LAN. For that I need to incorporate a 'Remote Installation' function. The user should be able to choose the setup file by using a filedialog. After that the setup program for the specified software should run on the required remote node. Please suggest something to accomplish the 'Remote Installation' part. Thank You James. ...

Using Access 2000 packaging and deployment wizard
Hi In Access 2000 when I open a module in my app and from Addins menu run the Access 2000 packaging and distribution wizard, it cerates the distribution package with the original MDB. How can I make it instead include the MDE of the app instead? Thanks Regards ...

Instant Access not enabled.
At start-up of Excel I get a pop-up which states: "Unable to Find Quit on the File Menu. Instant Access not enabled." I can then choose to press OK on the pop-up, after which everything works OK and Instant Access does work. I believe Quit is on the File Menu: it's the X mark to quit Excel completely. I also have an add-on icon which I can't get rid of (couldn't get rid of it in Excel 2000 either), as it keeps coming back, even though it says it can't come back and will be irretrievable. This add-on is for an old scanner that I no longer use and have deleted ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 with Microsoft Outlook Web Access
Is it existing un plugin for Microsoft Outlook Web Access. I installed the client for Outlook. Is somebody can help me Thanks ...

Outlook & Internet Explorer
Using Xp and can not open MS Outlook or Internet Explorer. Already replaced user's profile, but still can't open Outlook. After new pofile was created pop-up window for Internet Wizard Setup appeared, which should not have. What am I'm missing here or did I forget to do? Please help if you have a fix, thnx again. ...

CRM and Exchange 2003
Hello all! I searched long and hard for the answer, but as you all know, good info on CRM is hard to find... Here's my issue: We are currently running Exchange 2000, and plan to install CRM. I know about Server 2003 compatability issues, so we are will be installing CRM on Server 2000, and will use SQL Server 2000 as well. However, we are just a small part of a much larger entity who is planning on moving everything to Exchange 2003 VERY soon! So, if everything else stays the same (2000) and we upgrade our Exchange Server to 2003, will CRM get hosed? or will life still be tranq...

Web-browser style toolbar
Hi. I created an MFC application wizards with User Interface Feature\Toolbars: Browser style: When i compile and run the generated code, i found out that there is an additional toolbar ! How to use that additional toolbar (add button, hanlde event ? Thanks alot ! ...

external (not remote) data ranges using defined names
I have created a Source file containing information that I want to access from multiple Destination files. From time to time I will need to add rows or columns to the Source file and have this reflected in the Destination workbooks. I am using Validation lists and Defined names to do this and it works OK. As long as the two workbooks are open any changes to the Source file are reflected in the Destination file. But if the Destination is closed while the Source file is being changed, when the Destination is open the reference in the Defined Name has not changed even if the program ask...

How to manipulate Outlook data from MS Access
When the Calendar folder is used as a linked table in MS Access, only some fields are shown. Is there a way to have them all? The linked table method has major limitations, including the inability = to show even all the reasonably important fields. While articles have = been written on how to expand on this method's obvious features, I've = never been able to duplicate the results. See = http://www.outlookcode.com/d/database.htm#linkedtables .=20 That page will also give you other ideas on how to work with databases = and Outlook together. You'll need to write code or use a t...

Showing the actual database, not access's idea of it...
I've been working with MS Access for the past few weeks. A friend has a side job working for a summer camp and he needed a database to store all the kids information. Using VBA is not going to happen, I thought I could do what he needed much much easier in visual studios.net 2008 and I probably could have if that department of Microsoft didn't do what appears as drastic as disown the MS Access department. After much work I am able to read/replace and edit the data, but through the whole process I started noticing this. First, in Access the ID(auto number) is listed co...

how can i make a in-process report that can be accessed by severa.
i need to set up an in-process report that can be accessed by several users at once, in which every user can input data without shutting down the workbooks on the remaining computer so that the one user can do his inputting. Hi you could use 'Tools - share workbook' BUT: - several functions are then no longer available (see Excêl's help for details' - IMHO Excel is NOT designed for multi-user access. Use a database application instead -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E5B2A371-4...

Outside programs accessing wrong Outlook account when sending
A program designed by one of our technicians attempts to send out an emergency email to multiple email addresses, using Microsoft Outlook 2002. However, the mail message attempts to send thru our Exchange server, instead of the SMTP it is supposed to be using. The Exchange is not set up to send mail out of our university for security reasons, yet Outlook will not allow me to redirect those mails thru our SMTP server. The SMTP is set up as the default on every user's machine here, but these emails skip right past it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Is the Outlook pr...