Ability to edit customer relationships

It appears that regardless of what permissions a user has on the customer
relationship entity, a relationship between 2 accounts/contacts cannot be
edited unless you are the user that created the relationship. Other users can
DELETE the entity, but cannot edit the relationship. Any idea why this might
be? Am I missing something?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'm still stuck on this, so if anyone runs across the answer please post. Is
this a bug?

Thanks

"GIJimmyj" wrote:

> It appears that regardless of what permissions a user has on the customer
> relationship entity, a relationship between 2 accounts/contacts cannot be
> edited unless you are the user that created the relationship. Other users can
> DELETE the entity, but cannot edit the relationship. Any idea why this might
> be? Am I missing something?
Hi.  I am seeing the same thing and I don't see a MS Fix for it yet.  Have
you seen anything?

"GIJimmyj" wrote:

> I'm still stuck on this, so if anyone runs across the answer please post. Is
> this a bug?
>
> Thanks
>
> "GIJimmyj" wrote:
>
> > It appears that regardless of what permissions a user has on the customer
> > relationship entity, a relationship between 2 accounts/contacts cannot be
> > edited unless you are the user that created the relationship. Other users can
> > DELETE the entity, but cannot edit the relationship. Any idea why this might
> > be? Am I missing something?
This was indeed a bug...microsoft released a hotfix for it, but you have to
contact support to get it. Here’s the link!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922662/en-us

"GIJimmyj" wrote:

> I'm still stuck on this, so if anyone runs across the answer please post. Is
> this a bug?
>
> Thanks
>
> "GIJimmyj" wrote:
>
> > It appears that regardless of what permissions a user has on the customer
> > relationship entity, a relationship between 2 accounts/contacts cannot be
> > edited unless you are the user that created the relationship. Other users can
> > DELETE the entity, but cannot edit the relationship. Any idea why this might
> > be? Am I missing something?

Is there a way to use "Custom Login Page"?
I know only users from Active Directory can use CRM System. But is there a way to let users login on Web form instead of windows prompt? And how can we integrate it with existing system? Thanks This may help you: You can make Internet Explorer prompt for user names and passwords by changing the security settings. Start Internet Explorer, then select Tools | Internet Options. Click the security tab and click on Local Intranet (depending on how your network is managed you may need to choose Trusted Sites instead). Then click on Custom Level. In the Security Settings dialog box scroll to th...

Add automatic Customers Number in Great Plains Dynamics
Hello, I believe that it is due to have like an option to be able to generate consecutive of clients in the window customers maintenance. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/def...

How do I edit replace source data links for a chart?
I changed the name of a document which was connected as link to some charts in another spreadsheet. Now the charts are blank becasue they are looking for the spreadsheet with the name that does not exist anymore. How do I change the source data without going into each chart and doing it by hand? Thanks! You could try Edit menu > Links, if another workbook has the right structure (i.e., same sheet names and data ranges as the missing file). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ ...

CRM 3.0 Relationship entity
Hi everybody, I have a question about creating relationships between entities. Currently, I need to create bunch of relationships from each opportunity to multiple accounts.I defined all the roles for these accounts and created the relationships from opportunity to account successfully but the problem is when I go to the corresponding account, I can not see the relationship created from the account to the opportunity.It obviously creates the relationship,one-way, from opportunity to account and does not automatically creates the backward relationship. Is there a way to automate the two...

Restore ability to enter 20 character PO Numbers
With the 1.3R release, RMS will not allow PO Numbers longer than 14 characters. Before the 1.3R release, RMS allowed PO Numbers up to 20 characters. After installing the 1.3R release I reported this defect. The support team responded that this change was by design. They claimed that the change was made to work around a defect - "we had a bug with inter-store inventory transfers erroring out when the PO number is greater than 14 characters". This type of quick and easy fix (crippling the UI to work around a defect) is just plain wrong for at least a couple of reasons. 1) C...

Edit menu on received messages
Hi All Just wanted to know how to disable the Edit menu when you open a received message, probably a registry modification if it is please advise. We would like to remove that Edit menu so the email cannot be modified when received using HTML. The folks would need to know the version of Outlook you are using first. Arne wrote: > Hi All > > Just wanted to know how to disable the Edit menu when you open a received > message, probably a registry modification if it is please advise. > > We would like to remove that Edit menu so the email cannot be modi...

Customization gets disabled when GP restarts
Hi, I have some code that creates menu items and a toolbar. I am storing the triggers for that script in Startup. When I start GP, I go to 'Tools -> Customize -> Customization Status' and enable the customization. My other code then works fine. But the menu items and toolbar that I am creating doesn't get created because the code for that runs when the GP starts. Now if I turned GP off and restarted it, the code still doesn't run. I checked the status of my customization and is disabled event though I enabled it before restarting. How do I save the status of my...

Can't edit SQL question in MS Excel/Query
Hello, I'm running Win2k SP3, Excel 2000 SP-1 and have created SQL questions that fetch data from an Oracle 8i DB via ODBC. Sometimes (or actually quite often) I can't edit the SQL questions in MS Query. The MS Query icon just flashes in the taskbar and disappears. Any wiz got any idea what can be done about it? Regards Hans Hans I'm not sure about the MS Query icon you are talking about in the taskbar but the way I can get to MS Query using Excel 2000 and connectiong to Oracle database is choosing 'Data' followed by 'Get External Data', and then choosing '...

Custom Function for Pivot Table
Is it possible to attach a customized function to a field calculation in a pivot table? For example, if instead of AVERAGE I want WTDAVG, I would write a function for WTDAVG and it would show up as a choice in the available functions? I don't think Pivot tables work like that, but I could be wrong. Anyway, why don't you do this outside of the Pivot Table. Create a helper column for your weighted average and do the calculation there. Do a little research on the Getpivotdata function: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052091071033.aspx -- Ryan--- If thi...

Pivot Table Custom Subtotals
I have a pivot table that's connected to Analysis Server. For some reason, I can't select custom subtotals (the options is greyed out) when I try to edit the field settings. Are there some requirements that have to be met in order to use custom subtotals? David ...

Change salesperson for mutiple customers
We fired a salesperson and hired a new one, I want to do a mass change on the customer cards to put in new salesperson. I don't want to enter each change individually. Unless they fit neatly in a customer class, you will probably want to use a tool to update the records. You could use a SQL query (Update RM00101 set slprsnid = 'new' where slprsnid = 'old' and Update RM00102 set slprsnid = 'new' where slprsnid = 'old') or MS Access or some other tool. -- Charles Allen, MVP "allisons" wrote: > We fired a salesperson and hired a new on...

unable to view or edit signature outlook 2003 error
i have tried all obvious solutions and nothing seems to work. i can create a signature but it will not remain. the only thing that jumps out at me is that i have noticed that there are %APPDATA% folders all over the place. i am not sure what is causing that.... I have searched for a solution and have found some people with the same issue but no solution that will work. Thanks! Where do you see the appdata folders? (signatures are stored in a folder under appdata) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solution...

Customized Menu Item per user
From what I've seen of the SDK, it is impossible to add customized menu items on a per user basis. Is that correct? I would like to add some additional administrator menu items, which obviously should only be shown for users with administrative rights (in a 3rd party integrated application). Cheers, Anil Hi Anil, Any customized menu is available and visible to all CRM users. There is no way to setup a menu that is accessible to only certain users or groups of users. You would need to build that security into your 3rd party integrated application. "Anil" <anil@ani...

PPT hangs up when editing Excel charts
Editing PPT imbedded Excel charts, PPT constantly locks up, forcing me to have to recover the PPT file. I know this problem has been documented... any fixes? Thanx! -- Bill Assuming this is 2007 SP2 theres a hotfix available http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975021 Choose view and request near the top -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Bill" wrote: > Editing PPT imbedded Excel charts, PPT constantly locks up, forcing me to > have to recover...

Update Customer email address using SQL statement
Recently we changed from Yahoo Groups to managing our own email list. Our list went from 1400 addresses to around 3600. Of those, about 400 turned out to be hard bounces. I would rather not have to update 400 records, one at a time. Can anyone help me write a SQL statement that would update these records from a file, list, or table containing the bad addresses. What I need to do is blank the email address and put a statement in the Company field (e.g. Need to Update Email). If there is another (better) way to do this, I am totally open to suggestions. Thanks in advance! Bud Izen Keiz...

How to deploy custom form in Ex 5.5
We would like to append a commom text to all outgoing emails by users . There is way to do this for internet mail only but we would like to do this for all emails. Is there a way to push a default outlook mail template for all users in the org without users intervention to install the custom form from the Organization library ? http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Adding_Email_Disclaimer _Text_With_The_IMS_Extension_In_MS_Exchange_55.html Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >We would like to append a commom text to all outgoing >emails ...

How to customize the appearance of a multiple document peoject ?
Hi, How to customize the appearance of a multiple document peoject ? I mean the color of borders , dockbar areas, toolbar background, etc . Thanks There is no magic trick for this. You will need to do each individually unless you go towards themes(whatever limitations it may have). --- Ajay "new" <mnasiri@sharif.edu> wrote in message news:%23HJM329aIHA.4208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > How to customize the appearance of a multiple document peoject ? I mean > the color of borders , dockbar areas, toolbar background, etc . > > Thanks > > Thank...

Custom View for Managers
I have been asked to create a view for the managers in my group where they can see for just their directs the time they have posted to their tasks. Can someone explain how i can do that. If they are using My Tasks and submitting time to the PM's for approval and getting those hours approved and loaded into the schedule and then re-published back out, you could create a data analysis view using the MSP_Portfolio_Analysis Cube that shows the resource actual hours vs. planned hours and/or baseline hours along with any project or resource custom field information. For exampl...

Qucik Access Toolbar not showing custom controls
Hi All, I'm having a problem with the QAT in access 07 I'm trying to add custom buttons via XML, and not having any luck. I can populate the QAT with IDMSO controls, but when I use a custom id button it doesn't show in the QAT bar. Below is a sample code I have been working with, the Copy and Paste buttons will show up but not the Test button. <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/ customui"> <ribbon startFromScratch="true"> <qat> <documentControls> <button id="Test1" label=&q...

Importing Outlook 2003 contacts into custom desktop software
Hi all, I am working on a desktop software and using dot net( C# and its a standalone software , its not a outlook pluggin). I have to import Outlook 2003 contacts into my software. How would i go about it? Are outlook 2003 contacts held in a file, which file is this? Moreover, what is a PST file and what information is held in PST file? I have never programmed Outlook 2003 so please enlighten me...Obliged. Any help or comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks. -Erland ...

MDA on General Posting Edit List
I included MDA info on GL Posting Edit List by establishing relationship between Allocation Amount Temporary table and Transaction Analysis Group, then set a few restriction in the report. It takes more than 10 minutes to print (>50,000 record in DTA10200). I doubt it is due to the table relationship and restriction used. Anyone can share his/her experience is much aprpeciated. TQ in advance. ...

Custom owner-drawn controls
Hi guys! I'm having a bit of trouble with my owner-drawn custom controls in MFC. If there are other control on top of my custom controls, they are hidden. How can I fix this? Should I use GetNextWindow in OnPaint and tell all the controls to draw themselves? Or is there another way? or maybe i'm doing something wrong here... Any idea appreciated, Thanks What do you mean by other controls on top of my control? Sibiling controls should not overlap each other, if a control is supposed to overlap another control, then the control that is on top should be a child of the control bel...

Creating a custom form on Outlook
Hi, I work on a regular schedule of reports every week, part of which i need to see if everyone is billing 45 hrs at a minimum, if not I need to send a reminder to each individual who is below this benchmark to understand the reason for billing less. I want to understand if I can create a form on outlook in which I can give all the parameters I want filled up, the employee can then just choose the answers & submit the form & it should be sent to my email ID. I am not very good on outlook, can someone help, with any resources/articles where I can download a form & with a lil...

Custom Grouping
I have a table with dates and expenses. Billing cycle starts on on the 24th of each month, and I need to divide the month into four parts (approx). I want there to be a header for the week starting date, followed by seven days. Therefore, the week may start on Wed, 24-Feb and end on Tues, 3-Mar. For example, I want the report to appear like: Week Starting Date Expense 24-Feb 24-Feb $10 25-Feb $15 26-Feb ...

How can I export custom fields from Exchange 2003?
We are trying to get Exchange data into SQL Server for use with other aplications. I can export from public folders into a text file and then DTS into SQL Server. But the problem is that I can only export the standard Outlook fields. None of the custom fields we created comes over. I can view the contents of the custom fields in a grid and then copy and paste the contents into Excel but any CR/LFs in the data are preserved and I end up with several lines for each record. How can I get the custom data out of Exchange in a relational format? Look at http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/i...