A few customization questions

Hello,
I'm new to CRM and am trying to do some customizations to make it better fit
our needs.  I was hoping someone could provide some insight as to how
possible/feasible the following changes are:

1.  When a Lead is "qualified" as an Account, I'd like to automatically set
some of the properties of that new Account (like the relationship type).  I
haven't seen a way to get at the created Account in Workflow Manager,
though.  How can I go about this?
2.  I need to associate an Activity with a Contract Line but it doesn't look
like the Activity form is available in the form customization admin section.
Is there any way to customize this form?
3.  Instead of creating an Order from a Quote, I'd like to create a
Contract.  How can I integrate a new button to the form (like the Create
Order... button) and have it trigger the Contract creation?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Regards,
Guenther

0
bizilly
11/25/2003 8:24:11 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You cannot customize activity screens. Also for customizations in general
you need to be looking at the SDK

"--" <bizilly@NOTCOLDmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I'm new to CRM and am trying to do some customizations to make it better
fit
> our needs.  I was hoping someone could provide some insight as to how
> possible/feasible the following changes are:
>
> 1.  When a Lead is "qualified" as an Account, I'd like to automatically
set
> some of the properties of that new Account (like the relationship type).
> haven't seen a way to get at the created Account in Workflow Manager,
> though.  How can I go about this?
> 2.  I need to associate an Activity with a Contract Line but it doesn't
look
> like the Activity form is available in the form customization admin
section.
> Is there any way to customize this form?
> 3.  Instead of creating an Order from a Quote, I'd like to create a
> Contract.  How can I integrate a new button to the form (like the Create
> Order... button) and have it trigger the Contract creation?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Best Regards,
> Guenther

0
John
11/26/2003 3:47:43 PM
You can create workflow based on an Account Create event,
and then Update Object to modify account properties.

0
Dave

Money SB 2k6 custom invoice problem
I upgraded Money 2k5 SB to Money 2k6 SB yesterday - and I've already found a problem. :-( My custom invoice was carried over, and it displays correctly - except for my logo in the upper-left corner. I get a broken image link, instead of my logo. I've pointed it to the correct logo, and even copied the logo (a .GIF file) into the Invoice graphics folder. When I choose it, it shows up correctly in Invoice Designer; when I close Invoice Designer and save the custom invoice, the graphic does NOT show up, and only the broken image link does. Anyone? Arrrggghhhh! Also, he line ...

how do I create custom line patterns in Visio?
I have just begun using Visio as diagrammatic tool, but I cannot seem to get customised line patterns to work for dynamic connector. ...

newbie XML QUestion
I made a simple XML doc to hold backup file sets i.e. like this repeated per "record" path to backup, inclusion specs, exclusion specs, and if it is recursive path to backup, inclusion specs, exclusion specs, and if it is recursive path to backup, inclusion specs, exclusion specs, and if it is recursive path to backup, inclusion specs, exclusion specs, and if it is recursive 1.) What if I also want to have some information in the XML file only once--say at the top--some special settings related to the whole backup? How do I do this? 2.) I am just saving this doc by WriteXML of ...

newbie question
Hi all, i am reading in an xml stream and validating it against a given schema. the objective is to "mark" "invalid" nodes (according to the xsd type defined, or some rules) with an attribute, and then pass this modified stream to another process in the pipeline. as an example, <bk:book publisher="Addison Wesley"> <bk:title>Mythical Man Month</bk:title> <bk:author>Frederick Brooks</bk:author> <bk:quantity>AAAA</bk:quantity> </bk:book> should become: <bk:book publisher="Addison Wesley" vali...

Edit box banner text question
I've seen banner text used in edit boxes and have recently discovered how to implement it myself. My question is, is there a way to make it stay visible when the edit box has focus (as long as the edit box is empty) the way it does in Vista's login screen? I'd like to be able to do this in any OS from XP (SP2) and newer. Having the banner text remain visible when the edit box has focus would be extremely handy for dialogues and property sheet pages that open with the focus on an empty edit box. >I've seen banner text used in edit boxes and have recently discovered how...

Basic question: Grids or no grids
How do you turn the cell borders off or on? That is, so you can have each cell with a light border or no borders? thanks to all I suppose you mean gridlines ? Click Tools > Options > View tab Uncheck "Gridlines" under Window options > OK -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "rs" <r_schiller@SPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message news:ldedneU5D-IhaVjenZ2dnUVZ_vydnZ2d@comcast.com... > How do you turn the cell borders off or on? That is, so you can have each > cell with a light border or no borders? thanks to all > ...

MB2-631 'Customization and Configuration' Cert Test study material
Can somebidy guide me as to where to get the study material fot MB2-631 'Customization and Configuration' Cert Test ? I plan to give this exam next month Hi Nilesh, As long as you have access, http://www.microsoft.com/partnersource has an 'E-Learning' area which contains a series of E-Learning tutorials for all of the current three MSCRM v4.0 exams. So far, that is the best resource that I've found for the exam. http://dynamics.microsoftelearning.com/catalog/default.aspx?view=catalog&filterView=basic&productFilter=Microsoft%20Dynamics%20CRM%204.0&productF...

customize xml created from dataset
hi, i've successfully write my xml from a dataset schema .... thanks for support ... now i need to set properly this parameters ... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?> <!DOCTYPE anagrafica-prestazioni (View Source for full doctype...)> how can i add this line considering i'm writing the xml froma dataset , with a ds.writelxml method ??? thanks ... andrew Andrew wrote: > i've successfully write my xml from a dataset schema .... > thanks for support ... > now i need to set properly this parameters ... > > <?xml...

autofilter question, quickie
Does anyone know how to do the following: say i'm making this filter... Name Blah Blah Blah <------filters <------blank line <------blank line tom y sue y tim n ...how do i make it so that when i click and filter, the results won' move up to where the blank lines are? for example, this is what ends up happening: Name Blah Blah Blah tom y sue y ...but what I want this to happen: Name Blah Blah Blah <---blan lines stay <---blank lines stay tom y sue y thanks in advance for all your help -- Me...

"Customize Outlook Today" Button Won't Work
When I click on the "Customize Outlook Today" button in Outlook Today, nothing happens. The web-button depresses and releases, but Outlook won't go into the customize view. I'm using Outlook 2000 SP 3 on a Windows 2000 platform. My Internet software is IE 6.0. The computer's hard drive was recently formatted and all programs reinstalled by our computer repair folks. It was at that time I couldn't customize Outlook Today. I've been hollering for help from them ever since I got the computer back, but they're not responding to this issue. In artic...

Custom Format for hours and minutes
Probably not possible, but thought I'd ask anyway... I altered the h:mm time format to the custom format h "hrs", m "mins". So, if I type 3:3, the cell reads "3 hrs, 3 mins" just fine. But if I type 1:1, I get "1 hrs, 1 mins" . Is there some custom format that will drop off the "s" when the hour or minute is "1"? Furthermore, can such a format drop off the hour or minute altogether if a "0"? Here's a recap of what I'm looking for: I Type Cell Reads ------- ------------- 2:2 2 hrs, 2 ...

2 questions #2
Instead of putting the news button on the go menu, can I create a custom button directly on the toolbar for OE? Also, in the "folder list" view, is there a way to get rid of the window with "folder sizes" and "data file management" in it? Thanks!~ perhaps a shortcut? "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /outnews "Ron" <ronDOTpREMOVE@2REPLYmchsi.XXcom> wrote in message news:Tolec.14325$wP1.33453@attbi_s54... > Instead of putting the news button on the go menu, can I create a custom > button directly on the toolbar for ...

Gif Image in Custom Header
Using Excel 97 Is it possible to add a "gif" image into a custom header... via Print Preview > Page Set Up > custom Header??? How is it done??? Thanks Wayne Hi AFAIK this feature is only available in Excel 2003 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Wayne wrote: > Using Excel 97 > > Is it possible to add a "gif" image into a custom > header... > via Print Preview > Page Set Up > custom Header??? > > How is it done??? > > Thanks > > > Wayne It's also in Excel 2002 (XP) - see icon near end-right once in H...

Calendar Control 8.0 question
Is it possible to restrict the date ranges of the Calendar Control 8.0?? I only want the year 2009 to be selected from the drop down box. Thank you! You can't change what is in the drop-down for years, but you can limit the year to 2009 on the calendar even if they select another year from the drop-down. Put the following code in the Worksheet code module that your calendar is on. Private Sub Calendar1_NewYear() Calendar1.Year = 2009 End Sub Mike F "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote in message news:loDNm.45264$de6.38509@newsfe21.iad....

Pub 2k3 Business Card Question
Ok Gang, I have really beat myself up over this one and am hoping someone can help me out. What I'm trying to do: Print glossy business cards in pub2k3. What I'm using: Canon i450 & pub 2k3. What I'm trying to print onto: Avery cards '38373' - 8 cards per sheet (2 rows of 4) What my great big brain is having problems with: I can't seem to find anywhere to select the proper type of cards. Even when I go and look at the margin settings it seems to be set at 5X2 with no way of changing it to 4X2. I made a sample card (one) in the centre of the sheet. No problems ...

Customize Initial Contact View - all contacts
Thanks in advance for any help. Id like to customize a view. The view is from the sales tab - click contacts. This is the view that shows 50 contacts at a time - unless you change it to 100. By default this view only displays the Full Name, Parent Account and Business Phone. I'd like to add another field from the contact table. Could someone please advise on the best method of doing so. So far I went into Home/settings/advanced view/contact custimization/edit associated view... From there I added the row that I'd like to see on that view. I logged off, published the changes, rese...

Outlook 2003 upgrade questions; "Grouping" view and OST file ...
Just upgraded Office from 2002 (XP) to 2003; a couple of questions arise: 1) Outlook icon is no longer on the desktop?? this wasn't just a shortcut; used to be able to use it to set profile options; have to do this from control panel now? 2) Every folder in Outlook (including public Exchange folders) is sorted by "Sent date", as intended, but now they are also "Group by" (View-Arrange by-Show in Groups). I hate this, and I can turn it off one folder at a time, but I have > 200 public folders!! How can I turn this foolishness off for all folders in one swoop? 3...

Custom Field to Show up in Field List
Hello to All - This is a simple question, but I've searched through all the data bases and can't find an answer. Is it possible to create a custom field that shows up in the field list with a meaningful name? I'm using the Flag 1 field to mark certain tasks in the schedule. To display the field in the schedule, I changed the Column Title to something meaningful so that I know what it is. The problem is that if I hide the column, then to redisplay it, I have to remember that I used the Flag 1 field. Is there a way to create a custom field and change the name to somethi...

custom formatting #10
I have never really understood how the custom formatting works with basic numbers. Can anyone explain (or point me to somewhere that explains what things like the following "language" are are saying: _($* #,##0_);_($* (#,##0);_($* "-"??_);_(@_) this is just an example, but I'd like to be able to understand them all. Thanks. -- Boris for my immediate needs, I need for a cell to take a number input (representing a whole percent), and display it as a "+"/"-" if positive/negative, then the number with no decimal, "%" sign, and then e...

findall question
I have 2 classes (one an generic list of the 1st class) ******************************************************** namespace rez { public class JobBucket { public string Job { get; set; } public int Bucket { get; set; } public JobBucket() { Job = ""; Bucket = 0; } public JobBucket(string job, int bucket) { this.Job = job; this.Bucket = bucket; } public override string ToString() { return Job + " / " + Buc...

Set DataNavigateUrlField to contained custom object property
I have a GridView bound to a collection of custom objects (e.g., Department). Each Department object contains a custom object (e.g., Manager). I want to use a property on the Manager object (e.g., Id) for the DataNavigateUrlFields property on my HyperLinkField, but setting DataNavigateUrlFields equal to Manager.Id (i.e., DataNavigateUrlFields="Manager.Id") does not work. How can I go about doing this? I have successfully exposed the Manager.Id property as a property on the Department object itself, but would prefer a more elegant solution, if possible. ...

Combo Box if... then... else question
Hello, I would like to change a cell source base once a selection made from a combo box. After making a selection from the combo box the code should do something like: If MyComboBox = “test1” then B1 = Sheet2!A1 Else B1 has no data source (null) End if What’s the easiest way to accomplish my goal in Excel 2007? PS. B1 is the cell in my fist Sheet. Thank you, Silvio Assuming you named your Combobox MyComboBox this should work for you. Put this code into the ComboBox_Change Event. This will fire each time someone changes the combobox value. Hope this hel...

Excel Custom Graphs
Can you create a Graph using bars for some data and switch to using lines for the rest using 2 axes. i.e. Charting production numbers The bars and one axis for previous years totals. The line would be for each week for present year using the other axis. Make the chart with all lines or all columns (whichever type is predominant). Select a series you need to change, go to Chart Type on the Chart menu, and change this series to the other type. Repeat with each additional series you need to change (you can select the next series and press the F4 key to repeat the last operations). - Jon ...

help: Font question
Hi all. I've recently converted an application to unicode, so it can display chinese characters. and it works fine. However, when i install on a friend's computer, the chinese symbols appear as squares. how do i find out what font i need to install on his computer? at present, i'm not assigning any fonts to a control. it's just happened to work. i know i should be, and i will do. but right now as a quick-short-term-fix i need some way of finding out which font my computer is using to display the chinese text, so i can get the chinese text displaying on a friend's computer...

Combo Box Question 03-04-10
I have a question about combo boxes. I have a form based off of a query to return or show all records with certian criteria in the form selected or where nothing has been selected in the combo box. When I select criteria in the combo box and then switch it back to blank the combo box appears to be retaining the original value I selected and therefore not showing up on the form. How do I fix this issue? Terrence How are you doing this? What code/macro do you have in place that causes the form to return a specific record based on the combobox selection? How are you...