A Crystal Beginner - How to get to the tables

I am using Crystal 9.2.4.77 and have loaded the Crystal enhancements.
Now I want to do against the CRM database.  What do I do?

I thought I would create a data source to the CRM SQLserver, which I
did, then connect to it through Crystal Reports.  That works, but when
I drill down on the AAA_MSCRM database to choose my tables, it shows
me  dbo  as the only option (where did this come from??) and under
that are just a few generic tables.  No CRM tables.  Something's not
quite right.  What am I missing?
0
klawson
5/12/2004 9:38:34 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

file - log on to aps server

"KBLawson" <klawson@aetinc.com> wrote in message
> I am using Crystal 9.2.4.77 and have loaded the Crystal enhancements.
> Now I want to do against the CRM database.  What do I do?
>
> I thought I would create a data source to the CRM SQLserver, which I
> did, then connect to it through Crystal Reports.  That works, but when
> I drill down on the AAA_MSCRM database to choose my tables, it shows
> me  dbo  as the only option (where did this come from??) and under
> that are just a few generic tables.  No CRM tables.  Something's not
> quite right.  What am I missing?

0
John

How do i get the Data Analysis toolpack to work?
When i have selected the add in ANALYSIS in the tools menu it does not add it to the tools menu as it sud do, i need the DATA ANALYSIS button to complete my work. I am using Office 2003 Proffesional Try Tools|Customize|Options and check "Always show full menus" Jerry JamesQMUL wrote: > When i have selected the add in ANALYSIS in the tools menu it does not add it > to the tools menu as it sud do, i need the DATA ANALYSIS button to complete > my work. I am using Office 2003 Proffesional Hello i tried that but there seems to be some error with the pack i have been to ...

How do I get wysiwyg when printing
When printing most worksheets I get what I see [and set up] in print preview. Specifically the scaling that I have selected. However, when printing "Some" worksheets the scaling is ignored. eg Print preview tells me 5 pages, the printer produces 12 pages. How do I fix this problem?? [I am using Excel 2003] ...

Outlook: I keep getting MS Word appearing interrupting work
Hi, Have installed outlook 2007 standard, all ok. Except, Outlook uses MS Word as it's email editor, which I like. But there appears on my system a MS Word 'frame' which seriously gets in the way of working. sometimes it appears behind outlook and blocks the background, sometimes it i selected instead of outlook and so I cannot select anything in outlook without re-focussing on outlook. It's highly annoying. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? I still want to use word as my email editor, but don't want the ghost frame that it creates...... Thanks. Hugh. Outl...

Reading multiple values from another table.
I have a table with general information in it such as Subject, Reference Rumber, Comments. I would like to have another table with Company Reference and Responsibility. So when I create a new record including Subject and Reference Number, I could look up values from the second table to fill in multiple instances of Company Reference and Responsibility. A better example would be a form to order pizza. The main form would contain name, address, Size and type of pizza. Then from the same form, you would look up toppings from a seperate table to add multiple toppings to each instance of a pizza. ...

Saved and Closed a Data Table; When Reopen Data is Out of Order
I entered data on an Access table and closed it to save. When I reopened it, the data was out of the order that it was in when I saved it. Why? How do I prevent this? This is an important question. Think of a table as a big bucket where you throw data in. It really has no order, and there is no guarantee it will ever come out in the order you put it in. If you want it ordered, you must provide a way to do this. A common approach is to add an AutoNumber field, and make it the primary key. Since the autonumber increments as you use it, and Access displays records in primary key order...

Outlook keeps getting email after it's closed
When I get the emails at home, it deletes the files from the server, so, I turn it off in the morning, so I can see it during the day, when I'm at work. However, something has recently happened, so that, it keeps getting my emails at home, even after I've closed it. I've looked all through the options, but I can't find out where to turn this feature off. any ideas here? "Elmo Watson" wrote in message news:%230FPdBuBIHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > When I get the emails at home, it deletes the files from the server, > so, I turn it off in the mornin...

after PockPC get AUTD notification, it's not sync
We have a AUTD problem after upgraded to SP2 & WM5 It seems that AUTD sent sms email to PPC, and PPC got the notification SMS, but for some reason, ActiveSync not sync with Exchange server to retrieve the new email. Please see the verbose log below, ********** 2005-11-30 14:07:53 SyncMgrReschedule Verifying the schedule 2005-11-30 14:07:53 CSyncScheduler::VerifyOSNotification Verifying 2005-11-30 14:07:53 CSyncScheduler::FindMinTime Schedule Flags: Enabled(1), Exe(0), Ovr(0) 2005-11-30 14:07:53 CSyncScheduler::FindMinTime MinTime==2005-11-30 18:00:05 2005-11-30 14:07:53 CSyncSchedule...

Three different fields in one record referencing to three different records in another table
Hi. I have TableA and TableB TableA has 3 fields where types of file extensions (for different purpose) are supposed to be stored. Table B has many extension type strings for these TableA three fields (.tif, .jpg, .pdf, .gif, etc). 3 combo boxes refer to Table B to get and store TableB keys in TableA appropriated fields. When I set up table retaionship, Acces 'creates' also TableB_1 and TableB_2 and show a diagram where two other similar to tabelB tables show up. So long so good. I can create records in TableA having chosen, for each different file purpose, the respective extens...

Modeless dialog + crystal report viewer control
when i add a crystal report 9.0 viewer control (Active X control) into the dialog. And then use "CreateIndierect()" to create the modeless dialog. The viewer cannot dislplay successfully. The screen only display the blank dialog. However, I can display the active X control of the viewer if I use DoModal() to create the dialog. So, how can I also display the viewer together with the dialog?? Thx ...

Getting stuff out of Multiselection Listbox
I wanted to use a multiselection listbox in one calculation chart and everything was going fine until I realised that I don't know anything about reading out the selections from the listbox. Can someone help me? I need something simple like few lines on the listbox and for each selected boolean TRUE is written to the sheet in corresponding cells. On your Control toolbar, make sure you are in design mode then click the Properties icon. If your ListBox is not listed in the drop-down box at the top, either click on it or select it using the drop-down. You may then need to click on the...

User on on Distribution List didn't get e-mail sent
Exchange 5.5 I have USER A on DistributionList 1. USER B sent mail to several distribution lists (including the DL1). Other users received e-mail in question except USER A. Any ideas why this might occur? Have you looked at Outlook views or rules? Delivery to a pst? On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 13:46:11 -0800, "Sheila de Dios" <sdedios@techspan.com> wrote: >Exchange 5.5 > >I have USER A on DistributionList 1. USER B sent mail to several >distribution lists (including the DL1). Other users received e-mail in >question except USER A. Any ideas why this might...

Excel gets invisible after closing workbook?
Hello together, i have a strange problem: I wrote a VB6 application that works like this: - create an Excel.Application object - open a workbook from an template - fill data in the first sheet on the workbook - let worksheet.visible = xlSheetVisible - let ExcelApp.Visible = True -> everything looks fine! At this point it does not matter wether my application runs or is terminated by the user. The user can work with the sheet, but if he closes only the sheet (not the application), the sheet closes and excel becomes _invisible_ !!! The taskmanager still shows the running excel process! ...

Tables
> Hi > > I want to know if someone have the list of tables and what it is stored on > each one. Thanks What's you want? and What exactly your question is? the CRM SDK (downloadable from the MSFT download site) has a complete schema description. Dave "pepe" <pepe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4D98613-C46A-4724-ACD7-977B949243C8@microsoft.com... >> Hi >> >> I want to know if someone have the list of tables and what it is stored >> on >> each one. > > Thanks > dave, I looked but couldn't ...

How do I get Pub 98 app to work with Office Student & teacher
I Have Publisher 98 installed on my Computer & use it quite frequently, with excellent results. I also had Office 1997 installed.A neighbour recently purchased Office 2003, & as it had improvements over my Office 97 I decided to purchase Office 2003 Student & Teacher Edition,thinking it would interact with the already installed Publisher Application.I have found that is'nt so, & I have difficulty in using files made in Pub 98,within the Office 2003 Program. Can I purchase a Publisher download to suit my Office S & T Edition Program Publisher 98 will co-exist w...

Bullshit error message
Hi I am trying to run the following code: - Dim db As Database Dim RST_Out As Recordset '#### the results table TTEMP_CampaignRunResults Dim RST_IN As Recordset '#### the Campaign Customer TM_CampaignCustomers Dim INT_Count As Integer '#### this holds the count of how many records are added '####################################################################################################################### '#### this is the final bit where we place all the records selected by the queries into the cam...

cannot get Money 2006 onto PPC
Hello ~~ I've upgraded my version of Money, and tried to download the Money 2006 for PPC onto my HP iPAQ 6315. I used the download site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=6F040B65-42F5-4DCA-B301-9F05A8583692&Displaylang=en I even saved the exe file onto my hard drive, and tried to run it from there. I hit "run", the computer seems to think about it for a few seconds, and then nothing happens. Please help! P.S. -- does anyone know how to make the Q&A discussion list and text box bigger? They are very small on my screen, and it makes it ...

Formatting a table
hello The detail section of my report has vertical and horizontal lines so that my values are printed in a table. This works fine. But, I want to always print a few blank table rows at the end of each report. If there are 20 lines of actual data, I'd like my table to show 22 rows. Is there an easy way to do this? -- cinnie cinnie, Since your grid is in the Detail Section, you should be able to "hardwire" 2 more blank grid rows into the next Footer section. For example... let's say the 22 rows are values from 2007. If you add a group footer for Year, it wi...

Insert Table with Tab Key
How can I disable this function to be able to insert normal Tab stops with the Tab key? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > How can I disable this function to be able to insert normal Tab stops with > the Tab key? 1. not possible 2. workaround: http://blogs.msdn.com/olya_veselova/archive/2008/04/07/workaround-for-turning-off-the-tab-key-creating-a-table-instead-of-a-regular-tab-in-onenote.aspx Bernd ...

pos 2009 vb.net get reference to tender types
Can anyone help me with this. I have created a addin for the new pos2009 but i need to see what tender type the user has paid with. Can someone help in pointing me in the right direction to get a reference to the payment types. Many thanks Dave ...

how do i get outlook to open with microsoft exchange in windows 7
i just got Windows 7 , and tried to install my microsoft office ...it works...exept for outlook if i dont put my exchange account in its ok...if i do.. the system tells me it cant open at all....anybody can help me with this??? i need my microsoft exchange account to work. What is the error message you are getting? Mobius73 wrote: >i just got Windows 7 , and tried to install my microsoft office ...it >works...exept for outlook if i dont put my exchange account in its ok...if i >do.. the system tells me it cant open at all....anybody can help me with >this??? >...

Grouping by both Month and by Week in a Pivot Table
Hi, I'd like to group my date field by Month then by week. I can group by week on its own (by choosing day Data, Group and Outline, Group and changing the value of the number of days from 1 to 7). However if I try to group by month the weeks go back to days. Anyone know the fix. Thanks in Advance Gordon Excel changes back to 1 Day because many of the weeks would be across months. For example Aug 29-Sept 4 starts in August, but ends in September, so its values should be split between those months. You could create a new column in your data table, and calculate the week for each...

Trying to update multiple fields in the same record (same table)
I am currently creating my second database using Access 2003. The first, while still leaving me with a few headaches, did not seem to give me the same problems as this project. I am trying to create a database to help keep track of students standardized test scores. To get the scores I had to download each individual test (for each grade level) for each year in Excel. (Reading Total, Composite, etc.) Or, 12 total sets of scores. I was able to create a table for student information and am now stuck with trying to "merge" the actual test scores into a separate table....

Problems getting GetToolTip() to work
I have a toolbar that I created in the resource editor that I now need to have dynamic tooltips. I've subclassed the toolbar and added this in frame header: class CMyToolBar : public CToolBar { protected: afx_msg BOOL GetToolTip(UINT id, NMHDR *pTTTStruct, LRESULT *pResult); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() }; and this in cpp: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CMyToolBar, CToolBar) ON_NOTIFY_EX(TTN_NEEDTEXT, 0, GetToolTip) END_MESSAGE_MAP() BOOL CMyToolBar::GetToolTip(UINT id, NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { char fmt[MSGSTRING_LEN]; TOOLTIPTEXT *pTTT = (TOOLTIPTEXT *)pNMHDR; UINT nID = pNMHDR->idFro...

How do I get rid of extra white space when row autofit is on?
When row autofit is on, I get a lot of extra white space above or below text in the cell with the most text. How do I get rid of it without manually adjusting every row? I don't get it for all the cells, but this might work for you... make the columnwidth just a bit wider--then autofit the rowheights. (It might just make the problem occur on different cells, though.) Jane wrote: > > When row autofit is on, I get a lot of extra white space above or below text > in the cell with the most text. How do I get rid of it without manually > adjusting every row? -- Dave Pe...

Make Table Query based on a Form
Hello' I'm trying to get a make table query (which get's it's data from 2 fields on a form) to work. (1 Combo box, 1 List box(multi select)) It works with the Combo box or Text Boxes, but I cannot get it to work for a List Box(Multi Select). (asks for the parameter when I use the List Box... works fine with a cbo or text...) What do I need to do to get the Query to recognize the List Box? & all the separate values chosen from it? (The query is being initiated from a command button on the form where the list box & combo box reside) *I tried the following but got con...