5000 character limit in data fields - Is there a way around this?

Is there any way to extend the 5000 character limit for data fields?  I
have one field that will be at least 10000 characters regularly.  It
appears that I cannot make a custom field larger then 5000 characters
though even with the ntext format.

0
fbell
1/22/2007 5:28:21 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Just wanted you to know that we have just created a 5000 character ntext
field in  the Leads entity and get an error going offline with that data.
Microsoft is working on a fix for this, but in the meantime we're stuck.

Can you use the Notes Entity?

"fbell@itstrategists.com" wrote:

> Is there any way to extend the 5000 character limit for data fields?  I
> have one field that will be at least 10000 characters regularly.  It
> appears that I cannot make a custom field larger then 5000 characters
> though even with the ntext format.

nope, 5000 is it, make 2 and use code to combine them, that's what we have to
do ;)

"Maggie" wrote:

> Just wanted you to know that we have just created a 5000 character ntext
> field in  the Leads entity and get an error going offline with that data.
> Microsoft is working on a fix for this, but in the meantime we're stuck.
>
> Can you use the Notes Entity?
>
> "fbell@itstrategists.com" wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to extend the 5000 character limit for data fields?  I
> > have one field that will be at least 10000 characters regularly.  It
> > appears that I cannot make a custom field larger then 5000 characters
> > though even with the ntext format.

CRM 4.0 Report Deployment
Hi When I deploy a custom report (through Web UI) and run it, no data is displayed. The report header, footer, etc, display, but there is no data. To simplify the problem I created a very simple report with no parameters, which selects all from filteredsystemuser, and the problem was the same. This is in a test VPC, the whole environment is contained in the VPC. I am developing/publishing/viewing as the CRM administrator. The steps I took were: - Created a new report in Business Intelligence Development Studio using Wizard (installed in VPC) - Created a new DataSet called dsTest with a new D...

Can I make a database in Word with Excel Data
I know this may be a "DUH" question, but... I am making a list of area dentists that I have copied and pasted of of the Dex website into Excel. I am wondering if I can take this inf and make a database in Word for printing address labels. Does anyon know if this can be done, and HOW?:confused -- Myn77 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myn777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2958 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49283 For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the...

Splitting a database
Hi, I have broken my database into several stages. I have implemented the first stage and this is simply the database (with basic features) on a central computer and a shortcut added to each user's computer. I know this is quite risky but at this stage only one person is cupturing and editing the data and the rest is viewing information and printing reports. I am still building on new features of the database and this would include adding more fields to some tables. 1 - Could i now split my database and give each user a FE, given the fact that i will still be adding and removin...

How to set Recipient Limits option under Message Delivery for certain users
Dear All, Quick Question: under Global Settings --> Message Delivery , under the properites of Message Delivery there is an option called "Recipient Limits" which will limit the number of recipients per single email, the defaul number is 5000 recipient per single email. now, if i applied this settings and i mentioned 30 recipients, these settings will be applied to all the users under my exchange server, becasue it is under the Global Settings of Exchange. Now, how can i exclude some VIP users from such settings ? i don't want this Global Settings for recipient limits...

data validation
Is it possible to create a similar function like data validation, from which I can select multiple options? (Background: I need a list of many names, from which I case by case can select). Not really. Maybe you could use a listbox. I added a listbox from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet. I called it "List Box 1". I rightclicked on that listbox and chose Format Control. On the Control tab, I chose Selection Type of Multi. I also pointed at the range that held the values that go in that listbox. Then I added a button from the Forms toolbar (I click the button when I'm d...

How can I Enable a Check Box based on another fields value?
Hi There, I have a form with a disabled check box. I need to enable it when a certain value ("approved") is selected from a combo box. When I am in Form Design View and I have the Check Box selected the Conditional Formatting menu item on the Format menu is greyed out. I am using Access 2003. Can you tell me what I need to do to make this work? Many thanks, David As you've discovered, Conditional Formatting isn't availabe to checkboxes. Try this: Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.YourComboBox = "Approved" Then YourCheckBox.Enabled = True Else YourChe...

Is there a wizard to export and match fields?
I would like to export products from my table into a csv that has different field names. Is there a wizard that would allow me to select which fields to export and what fields they match up to in the new file? Instead of exporting a table, create a query and alias the field names to the ones you want in the CSV, then export the query. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in your Email? Free subscription: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=ACCESS-L "ZenMasta" <me...

Field service table structure and field definitions
The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying the data flows. Thanks, Will You may want to contact I.B.I.S. They wrote the application. -- Charles Allen, MVP "WS" wrote: > The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field > service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA > into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying th...

Converting Values to Unicode Characters
The function CHAR converts a value in the range 1-255 to to an ANSI character. Is there a way to convert values in the range 1-65,342 to Unicode characters? -- Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com Columbus, Ohio You can use VLOOKUP but you'll have to create your own lookup table of the unicode characters and I think you'll have to paste it onto the same spreadsheet.... Maybe you can find a lookup table on the internet somewhere that you can easily paste into your spreadsheet. tsides <tsides@intelligentsystemsconsulting.com> wrote: > You can use VLOOKUP but y...

Graph Data Values
I am trying to create a pick and mix graph that shows forecast spen against actual spend by a selected business area. I somehow want to create a graph on the fly based on the selections fo example: If I choose company one and want to see the contracted data I want th graph to pick up the forcasted contracted Labour, Passthru and Othe and show the combined contracted actuals; See attached; and if i then choose company 2 then graph will pick up the releven ranges? HELP!! Attachment filename: help.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachmen...

Updateing data when closing forms
I am using MS Access 2000 I have a table that has several required fields. I developed a form to add records to the table. In addition to the table fields, the form has a form-close button constructed with the button wizard. When I enter a record that does not have the required information and close the form with the “Close Window” (X) button on the tool bar, the appropriate error message appears telling me that there is missing data. (Just what I want) When I use the close button on the form, the form closes with no message and without adding the record. How do I give the button on the f...

Comments field
I would like to add some notes for a Payee but the Comments field under the Payee is not big enough. Is this the only place I can makes these type of notes? I want to put in information such as lenght of contract, type of service they provide, costs, etc.... Thank you. No other solutions (in Money) are coming to mind. "Apr" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:u8WcsBuFHHA.3304@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is this the only place I can makes these type of notes? Apr wrote: > I would like to add some notes for a Payee but the Comments field > under the Pa...

How do I import data from a SECURED website into Excel?
I can import data from a regular web page directly into Excel spreadsheet, but when I tried importing them from a secured site I encountered problems. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

How to add summary fields to Group Footer in Access Reports?
How do you add a Summary fields to Group Footers in Access? I have a Detail field I want to Sum in the Group Footer in my report. -- Pat Dools ...

How do I limit decimal places on receipt?
I sell several items by "weight" and have my scale generate the label/barcode for the item being sold. Everything works fine but the "weight" value on the receipt has 5 or 6 decimal places. I would like to limit the weight sold to 2 decimal places. This is what I currently get.... Bananas .75 lb @ 0.251235 0.19 I would like it to look like this.... Bananas .75 lb @ 0.25 0.19 Thanks, Mark ...

Lookup Wizard changing Data Type
I am trying to make Lookups from Table Field to Table Field and generally it seems OK. However the LookupWizard is changing the Data Type from Text to Number (I guess it's looking at the ID?) Data picked from Combo Box 'looks' OK in Table view A Query view is asking for a number but displays the Text field value when a valid ID number is added. Viewing Results in FrontPage Database Wizard, and using hand coded .asp querie, it's showing the ID field value. I can see why... Any ideas? Merci. Yes, the wizard isn't the problem it's the use of Lookup Fields in ...

retrieving data from Great Plains via eConnect
Hi, I've been working with eConnect for the last two weeks and have had success with importing a variety of transactions into Great Plains. However, I'd like to query Great Plains on demand and have data returned to me. For example, given a certain field value (like customer name = "Smith"), I'd like to have all customer records returned that match that specified value. Is there any way to do this easily with eConnect? I'm not so interested in the Transaction Requester Service because that seems to be focused more on automatically returning records that have...

Status field in POP10500
Can anyone tell me what "0" in the Status field of POP10500 means? I have shipments that show up on my Purchase Order Processing Document Inquiry window with no corresponding invoice. However, when I attempt to match them to a purchasing invoice, I get a message saying, “This line item has been fully received and invoiced, You may continue, or you may delete this line item and enter a different one.” Using Query Analyzer, I see records with a POTYPE of 2 (Invoiced Receipt) matching up to the shipments. However, the "Status" for these two records is "0". Th...

OUTLOOK FIELD NAME
Hi at all!!!I have this problem....I want export my mail from Lotus Notes into Microsoft Outlook 2000. I have the script already available but I don't know the field name of Outlook document. Something can help me??? Bye.... how in the heck did you get that far, i can't figure any of it out ----- giuliano wrote: ----- Hi at all!!!I have this problem....I want export my mail from Lotus Notes into Microsoft Outlook 2000. I have the script already available but I don't know the field name of Outlook document. Something can help me???...

How do I link data to a chart from multiple worksheets?
I've created a graph that I want to show data from multiple sheets in the workbook. How do I do that? There are limits to how you can combine data from different sheets. This article describes them. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DF7D186-9426-4B54-A322-FE485FD20529@microsoft.com... > I've created a graph that I want to...

Extracting data from one sheet to another
I have a speadsheet with 390 rows and 80 columns. For each column, I wish to copy a range of cells and place them in rows so I can create a separate table for each item represented by the column. For instance, I would like to take the data from the range B10:B15 and place that into a range A1:E1, and then data from range C10:C15 and place into a range G1:K1, D10:D15 into I1:M1 and then B16:B21 into A2:E2, C16:C21 into G2:K2, etc, etc, etc I could do this manually, but it could take a while. I was wondering if there was an easier way to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) ?
Is this technology still current or is there something better to use? Can I use CDO to access Outlook on a non server operating system? Thanks Tom ...

Text in pivot table limited to 255 characters
I am using a pivot table as an efficient way to aggregate text responses from a large data set. However, the pivot table cuts off the text after the first 255 characters (similar to when you copy a worksheet by using the move/copy option). How can I overcome this? I have tried putting the pivot table on the same sheet as the dataset, but that does not work. I should also note that these pivot tables are then fed into an automated report through a complicated set of VLOOKUPs, etc. The pivot table aggregates several questions and responses from many areas of the datset into one discr...

Error importing Quicksell 2000 data
I've followed the instructions exactly as indicated in the help file. When I reach the final step where the actual import is to take place I get the error: Invalid Object Name 'VersionHistory' SELECT TOP 1 Version FROM VersionHistory ORDER BY ID DESC It appears that it's having a problem with the Access database when it tries to retrieve the latest version number of Quicksell 2000 (which is 3.01 on our system) I've used the QS2000 doctor to compact and repair the database, but the problem still exists. Any suggestions are appreciated. If you can ZIP the datab...

References omit formatting and return cell address
In two cases of references between worksheets, the formatting from the original cell does not appear in the cell that it is referenced to. Case 1: Worksheet 1, A1 contains a currency formatted number - $2,000 Worksheet 2, A1 references the Workhseet 1, A1 cell using the = sign, yet it returns 2000 (unless I manually reformat the Workksheet 2 cell to Currency Case 2: Worksheet 3, A1 contains an apartment # - e.g. 4 Worksheet 4, A1 references this cell but returns the cell address - Worksheet2,!A1' - rather than the number 4. I tried different formats for the number 4,...