4.0 Workflow - start when Record is deleted

I am trying to setup a workflow to send an email when an Account record gets
deleted.  I want to include the name of the Company in the email and who
deleted it.

The workflow fires, but always has a Status of Waiting because it says "The
requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to
view it".  The reason this happens, I am assuming, is that the record has
already been deleted so data from the record cannot be included in the email.

Is there a way I can accomplish what I want?
0
RDunlap (22)
2/21/2008 8:34:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Workflow plugins are asynchronous so by the time you get to the database,
it's too late. You need to create a synchronous plugin and register it for
pre-stage, i.e. it will kick in before core CRM code deletes the actual
record.

Hope this helps
--
George Doubinski
CRM Certified Professional - Developer

"RDunlap" <RDunlap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to setup a workflow to send an email when an Account record
>gets
> deleted.  I want to include the name of the Company in the email and who
> deleted it.
>
> The workflow fires, but always has a Status of Waiting because it says
> "The
> requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions
> view it".  The reason this happens, I am assuming, is that the record has
> already been deleted so data from the record cannot be included in the
> email.
>
> Is there a way I can accomplish what I want?

Tracking shared records
I need to create a report that shows which records are shared and with whom. Can someone guide me in the right direction? I can't seem to find it anywhere online. thank you Sharing is recorded in the PrincipalObjectAccess table in the SQL database. Advanced find does not allow you to access this so you will have to create a report on the directly on the database. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx "Bernardina" wrote: > I need to create a report that shows whi...

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

Delete dead mailbox from active directory
We have four exchange servers - two E2K and two E2k3. One of the E2k server just died due to corrupt array control. We had no mailboxes or anything else on that server. One of our administrator must have created one mailbox on that server by mistake and he never realized that until now. server died and we deleted that mailbox from active directory but, when i try to remove the server from system manager i get message saying can't remove because there are mailboxes associated with this information store. Is there any other way i can remove that server from active directory or s...

How do you delete an Assembly Item?
I have an assembly item code, and I want to delete it to make it inactive. I cannot find any help on this, nor can I actually FIND the assembly item. Please help!! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0461_01C6F844.55DE89B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Nutribodies, You can't make an Assembly inactive as its not really an item, just a = reference to a group of items. You can delete it though. One way of finding items is by their Item type. Click on the Item Type = column header and th...

Can you delete Business Alerts?

product key #4
I have a product key for microsoft office which I purchased for my pc several months back. I am now trying to use that same product key to register office on my mac (office was pre-installed). Where do I enter in this product key in the mac office trial software in order for me to get full access? In article <1190872643.026720.79220@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, jaime825@gmail.com wrote: > I have a product key for microsoft office which I purchased for my pc > several months back. I am now trying to use that same product key to > register office on my mac (office was pre...

Congratulations! This has been a MEB-free newsgroup for 4 weeks.
We all deserve a pat on the back. This has been a MEB-free workplace for over 4 weeks - practically the entire month of June. As Microsoft turns off it's usenet server and removes this newsgroup from it's server, we have seen the last of Maurice Edward Brahier and as this group continues to exist outside of Microsoft we will never again see him post to this group. The fact that he has been a fraud and not a real user of Windows 98 for many months if not years probably has something to do with that. His incoherent and rambling posts, written in a particularly obtuse form ...

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

getting started
I'm installing office 2003, outlook, I'm lost from server type to URL address to server info? I have sbc yahoo dsl. can you help me? damselindistress <damselindistress@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm installing office 2003, outlook, I'm lost from server type to URL > address to server info? I have sbc yahoo dsl. can you help me? When you obtained your packet from SBC, they included all that information. Moreover, it's in the Help section of SBC Yahoo's site. The most likely settings are "pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com" for the incoming serv...

Removing spaces from text #4
I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any easy way to remove this space? Use the TRIM() function. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1144876429.220961.309040@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at > the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any > easy way to remove this space? > I tried using that function but the results st...

OL 2000 should not autom send/receive on start
Hi, I found it in OL 2002 but not in OL 2000. How can I define, or better disable, that OL is trying to send/receive mails on starting and closing OL? And it should never automatically try every x minutes to do so. I found this option on OL2000 but my impression is, that OL is still polling the pop3 account for new mails. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks a lot Hans Tools->email accounts->send/receive settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail se...

Status Bar #4
Hi - can anyone tell me what the "official" name is for the facility on the Excel Status Bar which allows you to select a range of cells and view the Sum, Average etc of those cells? Thanks. It's the AutoCalculate feature: AutoCalculate feature is working even if that feature is turned off http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=325703 XL7: CTRL+Click Selected Cell Changes AutoCalculate Value http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=133050 Alex wrote: > Hi - can anyone tell me what the "official" name is for the facility on the > Excel St...

OLE Notes #4
Windows Server 2000 SP4 MS SQL Server 2000 SP4 MS Dynamics 9.0 SP3 When a note is entered on a vendor card (Cards, Purchasing, Vendor, Note icon) a dialog box titled OLE Pathname appears. The purpose is a shared notes location. If the user clicks ok or cancel without entering a path, where is the note stored? I have two vendors that have the exact same note, entered at the exact same time, by the same user. In theory this should not be possible. The OLE path is not specified in the dex.ini file. -- Thanks Titan Did you not find the note in SY03900 table on the company? The vendor c...

Auto Delete the e-mail
Hi all We are using Microsoft Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. One mail box calls "Sales", i configured the achieve function for this mail box, this function will automatically delete mail if the mail is order than 7 days. But this function is not running if the outlook closed, is it possible this function running on server only, no need to open Microsoft Outlook for running the achieve function in client PC ? Philip In news:uApBq0j8FHA.2800@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Philip Tsang <philip@sib-infotech.com> typed: > Hi all > > We are using Microsoft Exchange 2003...

mysession & deleting a line item on the pos screen
I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. So I have tried to do a myssion.transaction.entries(1).Delete and other sorts of things. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for any help on this. Hi, Use code like this: For Each item In mysession.Transaction.entries If FindItem(item.item.id, item.quantity, item.item.description) Then mysession.Transaction.entries.remove(item) End If Next "ClothingStore" wrote: > I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. ...

Fulfillment type orders
We have orders at the initial status (just entered) and the options to allow delete documents and void documents are enabled on the Sales Order Type. However, we can't get a void or delete button unless we move the fulfillment order through the confirm process to an "Invoice" to get a Delete? What's up with this? Very annoying. Jana, I know it is subtle and wish there was a better way to display it, but the Void option only applies to Invoice type IDs and not Fulfillment Order type IDs ("Void Invoice Documents" vs. "Delete Documents"). Since both t...