4.0 customization help

When creating a new activity > phone call and I click on the Recipient
lookup, I get an Account lookup screen and it only returns account
names and i want it to return more, like account name and Address
1:City.  I am not sure of the name of this view, but I can't seem to
find it by trial and error.  Anybody point me in the general
direction?

thanks,

chris

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Chris,

There is no supported way to add more columns/change the view of the multi-record
lookup dialog.  Unfortunately it only shows you the primary display value
for the record you are looking up.

Dave

> When creating a new activity > phone call and I click on the Recipient
> lookup, I get an Account lookup screen and it only returns account
> names and i want it to return more, like account name and Address
> 1:City.  I am not sure of the name of this view, but I can't seem to
> find it by trial and error.  Anybody point me in the general
> direction?
>
> thanks,
>
> chris

0
direland (470)

Drag and drop on a recycle bin ... a little help needed
Hello all I have implemented the drag and drop code from The Code project http://www.codeproject.com/shell/explorerdragdrop.asp?msg=420048 but it crashes when the files are dropped on the recycle bin. CCmdTarget::~CCmdTarget() { #ifndef _AFX_NO_OLE_SUPPORT if (m_xDispatch.m_vtbl != 0) ((COleDispatchImpl*)&m_xDispatch)->Disconnect(); ASSERT(m_dwRef <= 1); <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< HERE #endif #ifdef _AFXDLL m_pModuleState = NULL; #endif } Does anyone have an...

XML TreeNode.Parent property when using 2.0 TreeView?
How do I get a TreeNode.Parent property when using the 2.0 TreeView control? When the data source is an XML file there may be redundant names in the tree. For example, when a child node with the value of 'name' is selected I don't have a clue how to get the name of its parent which may be 'person' or 'school.' <%= Clinton Gallagher "clintonG" <csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com> wrote in message news:%23erL6WOXFHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How do I get a TreeNode.Parent property when using the 2.0 TreeView > control? &...

ANN: We had Bratworst Corn-on-the-Cob and Macoroni and Cheese 4 dinner tonight!
Just fyi! ...

cut/copy and paste forumla problem help
i am currently using the correlation formula to test on a large set of data: e.g. CORREL(IGR!C233:C262,IIA!C233:C262) IGR and IIA - they are a pair of data i place in 2 different worksheets, each has set of data, and I need to pull the data of C233 and C262 in IGR and IIA worksheet and I have many pairs in different worksheets E.G. RMR and RHR so I copy the forumla above and hope can only manually adjust the symbol from IGR and IIA to RMR and RHR when I copy it shift the number down =CORREL(IGR!C242:[/B]C271,IIA!C242:C271) from C233 to C242 and C 262 to C271 and I would have to ma...

USB 3.0 Client Driver
Are there any changes to a client USB driver required to support 5 Gigabit data transfers for USB 3.0 compliant hardware? Thanks, Harry Harry Graham <HarryGraham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Are there any changes to a client USB driver required to support 5 Gigabit >data transfers for USB 3.0 compliant hardware? To a certain extent, we don't know. Microsoft does not yet support USB 3.0, so we don't have a "certified" host controller driver to use as a basis. The fundamental philosophies won't change, but there will certainly...

Problems with customizing styles in the Tracking Gantt
Hi, I want to modify the appearance of critical tasks in the Tracking Gantt but somehow it doesn't work. When I open the Bar Styles dialog, I select the first row (Show for "Normal, Critical" tasks, From - Start, To - Finish). I want to change the default pattern to be tick since when I print the chart the critical tasks almost do not appear. However, when I choose another pattern nothing changes. There is another funny thing. When I double-click a particular task, I see under the Bar Text tab that it shows Baseline Duration to the left and % Complete to the right....

Please Help strange problem
Hope someone can help with this after downloading a small excel file from a dealer site that is a genereated report, I can download it as an excel file, upon doing so and pasting it into my working sheet I end up with this � with the two dots above it at the end of the text in every cell, and when it is removed some cells change for example a cell which has a long number for a serial number will shorten as well where do I start the excel version is 2000 blacklabhfxnospam@hotmail.com remove no spam ...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 with Entourage
Evening All, I currently have a client who is running 2 Apple Macs (iBook G4 & iMac Intel Core Duo). They are running SBS2003 Premium for their server and Entourage to connect to Exchange. Given that Dynamics connects so nicely into Outlook, will it work nicely with OSX & Entourage? At the moment this is about the only thing stopping me rolling it out. Regards, Greg Microsoft Dynamics CRM has no support for Mac and OSX at all. Your only option would be to have users connect to a pc from a mac and run crm that way ie a terminal session ============================== John O...

help #10
every time i try to send something through outlook I get an error 0x800CCCC0D Do you have any more details about the error? Also, which version of Outlook are you using? "tina" <tinaatweb22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:081001c365f2$cc7bc3e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > every time i try to send something through outlook I get > an error 0x800CCCC0D ...

Custom Filter that Displays All But in Ascending or Decending Orde
I have a worksheet that is password protected. The creator of the sheet would like her users to be able to sort the data without unlocking the cells (don't want others to edit the content) which is not possible in Excel. I have tried recroding a macro to unprotect the sheet, perform a SORT and the reprotect the sheet -- but the users are still prompted to enter a password to unprotect the sheet. The creator has also added an Auto Filter to the sheet which works while protected. Is there a way to create a custom AutoFilter that will display all entries in alphabetical order? -- s...

Query related to Help button in Property sheets?
Hi In my application for showing a wizard, i m using Property Sheets(tab dialog boxes derived from CPropertyPage). I have 4 buttons on my wizard: Back, Next, Cancel & Help. My problem is that how do i implement the <Help> button. I have to open a .chm file as soon as the user clicks the <Help> button. But where do i write the code as there is no handler function in the class wizard for Help button. Handler functions for Back,Next & Finish is there? How do i implement the Help button? Waiting for suggestions Regards ...

Help Sorting Data
I have the following columns of information and need to setup a formula that will give me the total by location, by dept, then by g/l account. DEPT G/L Account Bakersfield Fleet 42101 $10.00 Fleet 42101 $125.00 S & D 42101 $35.00 MEM 42199 $10.00 Fleet 23099 $1,000.00 I will then point to the cell containing the final cost number. Example: Bakersfield, Department Fleet, G/L Account 42101 $1,145 Look at the Subtotal function, or a Pivot Table. Regards, Fred "dh1069"...

Checkbox #4
Hi When a checkbox is checked I need it to allow data to be entered in certain cells. If the checkbox is uncheck the cells would be greyed out and data could not be entered. Is this possible? Many thanks Luke Excel doesn't quite work like that. But you can use a combination of worksheet protection and the "locked-ness" of a cell to do what you want. I put a checkbox from the forms toolbar on a worksheet. I added this code to a general module: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCBX As CheckBox Dim myRng As Range Dim myCell As Range Dim myPWD As S...

Spreadsheet Help
I have built a set of spreadsheets that track our plant operation. It consists of one sheet we call the input sheet that we put our daily readings in ( power, water,motor hour meter, etc.) and twelve sheets (January - December) that have the formulas to draw the information to the appropriate equipment. My plans were to at the years end to save as to the next years date, wipe out my input page and start over. Here is my delima. The save as sheet still tries to draw from the previous years input page. Any ideas ? Thanks Edit>Links>Change Links generally gets the job d...

Movie Maker is making my hair fall out please help
I have searched through the threads to see if I can find help but no luck. I have a year of small home video clips all Avi. I imported them to windows movie maker and made a story board. I can watch the movie. When I hit publish to dvd it takes me to windows dvd movie maker. I hit burn. The latest video which works in a dvd player only did the first three frames then the whole dvd was black with no sound. I did a windows update today, still the same I have also tried to publish the movie to my computer it always crashes. I do not have an option to save as and place it elsewher...

Help Going From 2000 to 2003
Hi, Here's what I am trying to do. I have a laptop with Office 2000 on it, with an extensive database built up in OUTLOOK. I have a desk top that took over from the laptop about two years ago, and it is running Office 2003. My question is how do I combine the backup.pst file from the Laptop (2000), which ended 2 years ago, with the .pst file from the Desktop (2003) which started two years ago? Copy the file to the desktop. Then use File->Open->Outlook Data file. Open the archive and use drag and drop to combine them. Once combined, close the archive by right clicking and ...

new user needs help
it's a spreadsheet of names and addresses the addresses column has both the street number and address. like 1233 LAKE ST What I would like to do, is sort them on the street name AND THEN the number so I would have the sheet list them in order of street name and then order of number such as 1233 Lake St 1234 Lake St 1235 Lake St etc. so how do I split the columns automatically so that it will sort by the name alphabetically and then the number numerically please and thank you... -- ----------------------------------------------------- Lawyer to witness: Now doctor, isn't it tr...

Switching Licnese in rms 2.0
I got a new CPU and wanted to switch the License from Old to new. To do this you have to To activate Retail Management System Point of Sale (RMS POS) by calling the Activation Team (1 866 542 3062) - and run through a Battery of email menues. Is there not an easier way? Way make this soooo difficult? Just curious.. How long a process was it? Dan "Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote in message news:OJNRnc6pHHA.196@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I got a new CPU and wanted to switch the License from Old to new. To do >this you have to To activate Retail Management S...

Help with time over two days please?
HI thanks for looking, I have a sheet that I enter a start time into 12:30 PM (Cell formatted to time (Cell A1)) and a finish time of 2:30 AM (Cell formatted to time (Cell B1)) so I have worked a total of 14 hours. Can you please give me a formula that will work over the two days and also work if I start at 12:30 AM and finish at 10:30 PM on the same day IE 8 hours worked. Many thanks for your help Derek One way: Assuming the total time period is less than 24 hors, add 1 if the "later" time is less than the "earlier" time (since XL stores times as fractional...

Please help
HI - I recently went through exchange hell with our exchange 2003 server - it's a long story, but basically part of recovery was creating new public and private EBD files, etc. Now everything is working great However, I have noticed that there are duplicate Microsoft Exchange System Objects in active directory. Here is an example: (these are of Type: Public Folder, and the bottom ones with with numbers are the ones which show a creation date that matches the day the new DB was setup. The top ones are the original ones which show a creation date of the day the server originally setup) ...

Cannot Publish Custom Form
I'm trying to Publish a Custom Form to my Personal Forms Library and I get the following error: Unable to successfully publish the form due to a MAPI error. The operation failed. An object could not be found. Someone please help me with this. I was at the end of my project. I'm on Outlook 2003. Thanks. ...

Income / expense / net comparison over 4 years in one chart
How do I create a chart that compares the Income, Expense and Net Income across multiple years (4-5 years)? By "Income" do you really mean net revenue? Due to the potential changes in magnitude of gross revenue, net revenue, total expense, and net operating income, I would suggest creating three seperate graphs. The first graph would show net revenue, the second total expense, and the last net operating income. This approach would be much simpler for you to create as well as for the viewer to understand than trying to combine all three components. I would use a simple ba...

Newbie Help! Please (correct version)
Hi I have a spreadsheet which has a record of places in which certain occurences have taken place looking somthing like this... �-----A-----�-----B-----�-----C-----�-----D----- Place 1 data data data Place 2 data data data Place 3 data data data Place 1 data data data Place 4 data data data Place 2 data data data Place 1 data data data Pl...

Microsoft Office 11.2 update broke help?
I recently installed service pack 2 to Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac, and now Help doesn't work in any of the Office applications. Search works, but Home, Contents, Index, etc. all pop a dialog box: "Could not display the help topic." Has anyone else seen this? How can I fix it? I tried re-installing the original Office 11, but the problem persisted. I called Microsoft technical support. Once I rebooted my computer, help worked again. How strange. I did learn that the preferences are stored in ~/Library/Preferences/{com.microsoft.*,Microsoft}. Hi, If rebooting does n...

Microsoft Money #4
I am trying to load Microsoft Money 2004 Standard on my computer. However, it is telling me that Norton Antivirus may cause the setup to not work correctly. Can anybody help me with this issue? Yes. Disable or uninstall NAV, install Money, then re-enable and/or reinstall NAV. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=119. "Linda" <lkbrown@aristotle.net> wrote in message news:7cc501c4774c$700a2770$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to load Microsoft Money 2004 Standard on my > computer. However, it is telling me that Norton > Antivirus may cause the setup to not work ...