3rd Party Integration tools

I am a new MSCRM consultant, looking at a range of tools for integration with
ERP systems (specifically Navision).

So far, I have uncovered 3 products that seem have this sort of functionality:
a c360 product
a Scribe product
and a Tectura product

Does anyone have experience with these, and/or suggestions as to when one is
more appropriate than the other?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello Rich

We have used the scribe products to tranfer great plains data to and from
crm and gp.

The scribe product is good however we have not used it for navision. My
opinion would be to check out the scribe product first to see how well it
works for navision then compare against the tectura and c360 if you still
want to

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft

"Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am a new MSCRM consultant, looking at a range of tools for integration
>with
> ERP systems (specifically Navision).
>
> So far, I have uncovered 3 products that seem have this sort of
> functionality:
> a c360 product
> a Scribe product
> and a Tectura product
>
> Does anyone have experience with these, and/or suggestions as to when one
> is
> more appropriate than the other?

0
John
9/13/2006 3:40:08 AM
Rich,

You could always roll your own. Use pre/post call outs to write messages to
an MSMQ and then install the Navision Application Server from the Navision
CD and write code to read those messages and process as appropriate within
Navision. Going the other way, have the NAS write a message to the MSMQ and
write a windows service to poll the queue and it uses the crmservice to
update CRM. Admittedly you'll need both CRM & Navision experience, but we've
used it for a client and it all works fine.

See the following for more guidance for the Navision side of things.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnnav/html/TkNavision.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnnav/html/nav_accbizlayerws.asp

Dunno if this helps but it does give you another option.

Regards,

Alex

"Kathleen" <Kathleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Rich!
>
> Though I know you are specifically looking for CRM 3rd party integration
> tools specifically for Navision, it might be of interest to you that we
> are
> doing a connector for CRM and OA2007. And we are also looking for advisors
> help us develop a product that simply works!
>
> If you are interested kindly visit www.gurangosoft.com
>
> Thanks!
> Kath
> --
> Help us create the software that you need -
> http://gurangosoft.com/advisor.aspx
>

> "Rich" wrote:
>
>> I am a new MSCRM consultant, looking at a range of tools for integration
>> with
>> ERP systems (specifically Navision).
>>
>> So far, I have uncovered 3 products that seem have this sort of
>> functionality:
>> a c360 product
>> a Scribe product
>> and a Tectura product
>>
>> Does anyone have experience with these, and/or suggestions as to when one
>> is
>> more appropriate than the other?

0
Alex

Suddenly deleted Tools Menu
I suddenly deleted tools menu from excel. My computer is connected to network server. I tried to restore it after reinstall but the default menu setting is not restoring. Please tell me how to restore tools menu. RRS Right-click on any toolbar, and goto Customize. Click the Reset button from here. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:110B1F27-9CFF-4E40-BB03-662E665BCA27@microsoft.com... > I suddenly deleted tools menu from excel. My computer is co...

Opening Balance and Integration Manager
Hello everyone! I am using Great Plains version 8 and Integration Manager... Is there a way to import a GL begining balance into Great Plains with Integration Manager? Thanks four your help! Sylvain just import it into the GL a a regular transaction with a date of 1/1/04 HS "Sylvain" <Sylvain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5938753-18AB-4F9A-BF7D-4EAF852544B0@microsoft.com... > Hello everyone! > > I am using Great Plains version 8 and Integration Manager... > > Is there a way to import a GL begining balance into Great Plains with > I...

Integration Manager Error #9
Running a JE integration and receive the following error. I have checked the source documents and previewed and all appears fine. This integration cannot be run because of the following problem(s): Source Recordset '1' not round - used for Record Source option on collection 'Entries' ...

Ducks Unlimited Party
Ok April 14th My house 2:00 Pm Horseshoe contest $5.00 per person. Later that night Poker tournament $10.00 per person. Bring your own drink ... Will be bon fire and food rsvp me and bring some friends as many as you want. Hi, Mike.I went to school with a Mike Thigpen. Periodically the school authorities would go through the premises with drug sniffing dogs, even though no illegal substances were ever found -- until one day. The authorities pulled Mike out of our class during a performance test so that he could unlock his locker, which two drug sniffing dogs had positively identified during...

Sop Integration Freight Calculation Error 06-10-10
Hello! I'm working with econnect 10, writing an integration for a sop invoice. So far, the integration goes well, but I have an issue when the invoice includes a freight amount. I set the CREATETAXES = 1 and CREATEDIST = 1 and altough the taxes calculate fine, the account distributions doesn't. I send the information this way: ivcHeader.FREIGTBLE = 0 ivcHeader.SHPMTHD = SHIP_MET ivcHeader.FRTSCHID = ivcHeader.TAXSCHID ivcHeader.FREIGHT = FREIGHT_AMOUNT But, in distributions, the account for FREIGHT doesn't calculate the tax. Here's the XML code: <?xml v...

Integrate Dexterity with eConnect
Developers should be able to call eConnect from within Dexterity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e4f1be1f-48f9-447d-95c2-819c29b62c16&dg=microsoft.publi...

Tool for converting Access Queries & Forms to ASP for Web ?
Is there a tool for converting Microsoft Access Queries & Forms to ASP so you can put it on the web? We have an Access database with a half dozen tables, plus a number of queries and forms. Some of the forms have sub-forms and are quite complicated. Must we create all these queries and Forms from scratch to port it to ASP and put it on the web? If not... are there other alternatives? Use of VNC for instance to provide remote access (via the web) to the computer with the data base ?? Thanks for any comments & suggeestions. Mel yeah, from my notes.. Microsoft promised us a tool...

Integrated CC Processing/settling EDC batch
if the high speed network goes down, dis the credit card batch information saved in a queue, and then automatically settled when the network connection comes up again? Or would the customer need to go into SOM and Settle EDC batches manually? Thanks- Andrea If the HS network goes down then you will not be able to settle any CC at all. So no they will not be saved in a queue. There is however an alternative, you can setup certain routers to automatically connect through dial up when there is no available connection. You'll need a dialup account(the extra monthly cost is nothing if yo...

3rd Y Axis
I am charting the passage of a low pressure system. On the primary Y axis I am plotting Barometric Pressure as a line char with values between 28 and 31 inches of mercury. On the secondary Y axis I am plotting Wind Speed, Wind Gusts an Temperature, also as line charts, with values between 0 and 55 MPH/�F. I am also using the secondary axis to plot as an area chart th elevation of the Sun between 0� and 30�. All of that is working fine and looks OK. Now I want to add a scatter chart of wind direction. It will need t have values between 0 and 345 so I can�t plot it against either th primary or...

Looking for a EDB analysis tool
I am looking for a tool capable of displaying the space not in use inside an EDB file. Have anyone seen a tool like that? Event Viewer? Event ID 1221 shows free space in a store after online defrag. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "Alan747" <Alan747@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15799D9B-9259-495E-923F-F5B3275424C5@microsoft.com... >I am looking for a tool capable of displaying the space not in use inside >an > EDB file. Have anyone seen a tool like that? "Alan7...

Admin Tools & Signatures
Hi there, Is there and Exchange Management Tools MSI pack that I can deploy to administration machines like the Admin Tools Pack for Windows Server 2003, or is there a way I can create one? Also, I've been looking at setting up a default global signature/disclaimer for all users... I found something on MS's site which for some reason, even after double & triple checking, failed to work! Any FREE suggestions/resources that can help me accomplish this? Thanks very much/... If you did a Google Groups search, you would find that 1) This requirement should be driven by Legal ...

Project Purchase & budget tracking tool
hi all, just advising that i have put my template up on MS for thsoe who will need a tool that tracks purchasing based on account codes & shows calenderisation of those purchases be advised that this tool was designed for my use but put general functinoality in it to support others. mainly a project management budget tool http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC300010861033.aspx?CTT=42 thanks for all those who helped me iron out the details cheers Hi Chuck Nice Template, but on Spend Calendar, shouldn't the formula in C12 be =SUMPRODUCT(--('Purchase Record'!$G$6:$...

Integration Manager UoM
Hi All, Im trying to upload some inventory transactions everything is ok if I select default in the Unit of Measure field but I select use source field it gives an error "This U of M does not exist on U of M schedule (x)" the thing is entering the transaction manually is working. Please help Regards, Have you verified there are no extra spaces and that case is correct? On Jul 12, 7:37=A0am, GPUser <GPU...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Im trying to upload some inventory transactions everything is ok if I sel= ect > default ...

Integration Manager Record Ordering
Hi, I've got an integration that loads headers and line items from two files into the SOP module. Is there a way to control what order records are loaded? So that header 1 is loaded first, then each line item for a header are loaded in the order they are on the file? Thanks, Matt Hi Matt I think I need a little more info: Usually you link the header and detail based on Doc# (for example) and then IM reads the Header from top to bottom and creates the transactions and places them in a batch. What are trying to accomplish and what is actually happening? Thanks Fliehigh. "Le...

POS 2.0 Integration with Quickbooks
I am having the same problem with integrating quickbooks with POS 2.0. Whenever I am trying to post to accounting I get an error message that the accounts are not in balance. I can't figure out which accounts are wrong. If anyone can help that would be great! Post a batch to quickbooks file and open it with notepad. You should be able to see where the offending transaction is and change your GL mapping accordingly. It can be a little tricky because depending on what accounting method you use some of them may be debit or credit only. There is a KB article on customersource that g...

Drafts folder renamed by Inbox Repair Tool
I ran the inbox repair tool and my Drafts folder is now named "Recovered Folder 81C2" and it is in the "Lost & Found" folder. How can I rename this folder back to "Drafts" and move it under "Personal Folders"? Outlook 2003 won't let me do either of these. My saved emails are still going to this Recoverd Folder. The options still say that saved email will go to the Drafts folder, but they don't, they go to the "Recovered Folder 81C2". I can create a new Drafts folder but my saved emails still won't automatically go in it. ...

Outlook Backup tool registry settings
we are using the outlook backup tool in our enterprise and are having a problem with users ignoring the prompts for whatever reason that nobody in IT can quite understand. We are trying to figure out a way to tell remotely (via wmi) who is being prompted (and clicking Cancel) and who is actually running the backups properly. How does the backup utility know when to trigger? Is it a registry setting that records a date/counter? A settings file? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. No, it holds a reference in the pst-file itself. See http://www.msoutlook.in...

Integration with MS CRM 3.0 by accessing directly the SQL dbs
What kind of implications could bring if our intranet applications retrieve, insert and update data by accessing directly the MS CRM dbs? What kind of alternative integration you could suggest except web services? Our intranet applications include a Java Web app and some other windows apps written in VB. try www.scribesoft.com "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A6906A5-B6D4-45BC-9E0F-F42ACC9F6454@microsoft.com... > What kind of implications could bring if our intranet applications > retrieve, > insert and update data by accessin...

database tools startup access 2007
In Access 2007 where is the startup option where you specify the form to open when the database is first opened? There is but like everything else, it has been relocated. Press the funky round thingy in the upper left corner of the screen. At the bottom of that dropdown is Access options. You'll have to look through those. I think the startup options are on the second or third page. I don't have A2007 here so I'm guessing which item contains the startup options. "qa4sw" <qa4sw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD268A15-32ED-4331-B545-8BCE...

Integration Manager #32
On a client machine when entering IM the message 'The ConnectionString has not been initialized.' is appearing. IM works fine on the server. The client recently upgrade from GP80 to GP10. I have uninstalled and reinstalled IM with no success. What should I do to fix the issue? Thanks Hi Eris Try registering the file MSScript.ocx again: 1. Log on to the computer as the domain administrator. The domain administrator must have full administrator permissions. 2. Register the MSScript.ocx file. To do this, click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\MSScript.ocx ...

Integration Manager
I have a single file integrations with a source file name that changes each time. I need to create a script that changes the datatype from an integer to double. Can someone offer advice on creating this script? how do you want to change the source filename? Do you want to select the file? the vb function CDbl will convert the datatype to double. I think you are asking the wrong question. What are you trying to do or wat is the problem? -- www.DynExtra.com A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more Current member count: 40 ----------------...

Help needed with Integration Manager problem.
I'm trying to use integration manager 8.0 to create a bunch of new invetory items. Everytime I run the integration, I got error message "Not all required fields are entered. Required fields are shown in bold red type". But the only three required fields in GP Item maintenance are Item Number, Description and U of M Schedule ID and they are all already mapped to the source. Couldn't figure this one out as there seems to be no trace tool for IM to find out which filed it's referring to. Can anyone here help me? Thanks a lot. If the data won't import, try enterin...

Visio Enterprise Network Tools
I have just installed Visio 2002 because I would like to use AutoDiscovery however the feature is not available. Everything I've read states that I need to install VENT but I can't find it. Can anyone tell me where I can find the installation files for VENT? Thanks! Troy At the V2002 level they were a separate product, that has since been withdrawn. Al "Troy Holwerda" <tholwerda@desktopresources.com> wrote in message news:eva%23ES9zDHA.1740@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have just installed Visio 2002 because I would like to use AutoDiscovery > however the feat...

Sent mail
I wrote about this problem a long time ago. I am uisng Outlook 2007 under Vista Home Premium. I had a problem and reinstalled or repaired Office using the CD, following all the instructions. Every since, whenever I go to send _one_ e-mail, I see in the lower right hand corner that two are sent. Now two e-mails are not actually sent, but the program tells me otherwise in that Send\Receive toolbar. This isn't a major problem but is there something I can try. Thanks, DH ...

SendMessage to a 3-party application (built with c++ builder)
Hi, All I have an 3-party application built with c++ builder. The window hierarchy is TForm1--TPageControl--TTabSheet. There are several tabsheets, I want to using SendMessage to switch between sheet 0 and sheet 3. Besides, there are 2 TBitBtn in sheet 0, I want to Send BM_CLICK message to them. I got two problems, please help 1) Sometimes the application can't switch between the two sheets, but not always, my code is below //this function is used to find the TPageControl window. using FindWindow and FindWindowEx. HWND CMyClass::FindTPageControl() { //code omitted } //this funct...