3.0 setup system requirement failure

I am attempting to install an upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0 of CRM. 1.2 has been up
and functing perfectly for ~ 1yr. It resides on a SBS2003 install with all
patches and updates applied. This server also has: Exchange, SQL 2000,
Sharepoint Services, Sharepoint Portal, and Source Safe running on it.
On install - Verification Descriptions and Results I receive the following.
Success:63
Warnings:0
Errors:2
ERROR 1 -
Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Invlaid URI: The hostname could not be parsed - detail also
Help Reads:
Microsoft CRM Web Site Cannot Be Accessed
Cause
Setup cannot access the specified Web site. The error message provides HTTP
status codes and error details. There are several possible causes for this
error:

Internet Options specify using a Proxy server for local addresses (HTTP
status 502 Bad Gateway).
IIS is configured to require Client Certificates (HTTP status 403
Forbidden). This is not supported by Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
setup.
Server certificate is not valid. A SSL secure connection cannot be
successfully established when connecting to a specified secure URL.
The URL host name differs from the Common Name (CN) in the Server
certificate. The Server certificate cannot be verified when connecting to the
specified secure URL.
Other HTTP errors preventing accessing a specified URL. See the specific
error message for details.
Solution
Verify and correct any of the problems listed above and try setup again.

Error 2:
Microsoft SQL Server
SQL Server Reporting Servcies cannot use the Web site Microsoft Project
Server 2000 because it has an identifier the the SQL Server Reporting
Services setup cannot handle. You can either reinstall IIS to have IIS create
the default Web site or modify the IIS metabase by changing the identifier
for Web site Microsoft Project Server 2003 to 3.
Help reads:
the IIS metabase by changing the identifier for Web site Microsoft Project
Server 2003 to 3.

I have tried to resolve this - but no luck. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Dave
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I am having a similar problem with the 502 Bad Gateway error message during
the CRM setup.  I was wondering if you were able to fix this and if so how..

Thanks

"Super_Dave" wrote:

> I am attempting to install an upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0 of CRM. 1.2 has been up
> and functing perfectly for ~ 1yr. It resides on a SBS2003 install with all
> patches and updates applied. This server also has: Exchange, SQL 2000,
> Sharepoint Services, Sharepoint Portal, and Source Safe running on it.
> On install - Verification Descriptions and Results I receive the following.
> Success:63
> Warnings:0
> Errors:2
> ERROR 1 -
> Internet Information Services (IIS)
> - Invlaid URI: The hostname could not be parsed - detail also
> Help Reads:
> Microsoft CRM Web Site Cannot Be Accessed
> Cause
> Setup cannot access the specified Web site. The error message provides HTTP
> status codes and error details. There are several possible causes for this
> error:
>
> Internet Options specify using a Proxy server for local addresses (HTTP
> status 502 Bad Gateway).
> IIS is configured to require Client Certificates (HTTP status 403
> Forbidden). This is not supported by Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
> setup.
> Server certificate is not valid. A SSL secure connection cannot be
> successfully established when connecting to a specified secure URL.
> The URL host name differs from the Common Name (CN) in the Server
> certificate. The Server certificate cannot be verified when connecting to the
> specified secure URL.
> Other HTTP errors preventing accessing a specified URL. See the specific
> error message for details.
> Solution
> Verify and correct any of the problems listed above and try setup again.
>
> Error 2:
> Microsoft SQL Server
> SQL Server Reporting Servcies cannot use the Web site Microsoft Project
> Server 2000 because it has an identifier the the SQL Server Reporting
> Services setup cannot handle. You can either reinstall IIS to have IIS create
> the default Web site or modify the IIS metabase by changing the identifier
> for Web site Microsoft Project Server 2003 to 3.
> Help reads:
> the IIS metabase by changing the identifier for Web site Microsoft Project
> Server 2003 to 3.
>
> I have tried to resolve this - but no luck. Any suggestions?
> Thanks,
> Dave

Mass Deletion in CRM 3.0
Is there any way to delete more than 250 contacts at once? Thanks in advance, not from CRM but if you are very good in sql server and if you can understand the CRM database very well you can easily do it from SQL server -- vilas "CPW" wrote: > Is there any way to delete more than 250 contacts at once? > > Thanks in advance, As far as I know, the only way to do that is the SDK! Markus (from Germany) Thanks - I did some additional searching and I saw a posting that said you 'can' set the DeletionStateCode = 2 for records in the SQL database and the ...

How do I convert 184 minutes into 3:04 (3 hours:4 minutes) in EXCE
I have two data sets to combine. They have cells containing elapsed time. One format has total minutes (184). The second has [h]:mm (3:04). As I have used the [h]:mm format in a number of related jobs I would prefer to convert to that format. Maybe =TEXT(A1/1440,"H:MM") where A1 contains the cell w/184 minutes. "tpendy" wrote: > I have two data sets to combine. They have cells containing elapsed time. > One format has total minutes (184). The second has [h]:mm (3:04). As I have > used the [h]:mm format in a number of related jobs I would prefer to...

Outbound Failure
User is getting this outbound failure message. User's name is B O'Brien. I was able to get a successful message to the inteded recipient. I'm figuring that the ' in her name is the cause. What is the best course of action? 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large Which server generated the 553 ? If it is a remote system I'd setup a netmon and send another message and look at the SMTP traffic. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not s...

MS Exchange System Attendant failed to start... %%/0, eventID 7001
Folks, please help if you can. This is for Exchange 2000 with Svc pack 3. We are getting the following error in the event log: "The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service depends on the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service which failed to start because of the following error: %%0". This has an Event ID of 7001. We are not running SBS and Exchange is not on a domain controller/global catalog server. We don't want to reinstall Exchange for fear of losing info. The only way we can get the System Attendant to run is if we run it under a Domain Account. It w...

Dictionary #3
When I try to check grammer and spelling on Office X it says that this feature is unabailable because the tool is not installed. Is their anyway to download the dictionary tool offline?? Thanks. What language are you trying to check? On 2/23/05 4:49 PM, "iJoshv202@aol.com" wrote: > When I try to check grammer and spelling on Office X it says that this > feature is unabailable because the tool is not installed. Is their > anyway to download the dictionary tool offline?? Thanks. > -- Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/ MacWord Tips: <...

Need to save at Pub Ver 8.0 in Adobe Illustrator to get screen pre
Hello all. Running Adobe Illustrator CS and Publisher 2003. We are running into an issue where Publisher cannot display imported CS2 EPS files from Illustrator. We have to bring them down to version 8.0 in order to get a screen preview of imported artwork. Any ideas? Pieces of an EPS graphic may appear to be missing on the preview screen in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827303 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paul S." <Paul S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Outlook 2003 & WinXP SP2 require 2 or 3 domain logons
Subject: Domain logon required 2nd time when I try to view mail in Outlook2003/WinXP-SP2 WinXP SP2 did not fix the following problem: I am prompted for domain user name and password a second and sometimes a third time even though I had logged on to the SBS domain. This happens when I try to get my e-mail messages with my client's Outlook 2003 / WinXP SP2 System where these messages are stored on SBS Exchange. This dows NOT happen with my WinXP or WinXP SP2 / Outlook 2000 client systems Knowledge Base Article #820863 did not provide a fix for my computer. I am currently...

Exchange System Manager ( ESM ) Access Denied ID 80070005 Message Tracking
Hello all, I have an Windows 2003 / exchange 2003 server in our organization, and i have Exchange System Manager installed on my Window XP Client. In ESM when i go to message tracking center. I get the following errror. Access Denied. Facility: Win32 ID no: 80070005 Exchange System Manager. I have searched google, message posts on microsoft site and not found a solution. I have full access to share //Server/c$/EXCHANGE.log and directory. I am the local, domain, schema admin. I have Full WMI access. I am not sure what i am missing. From the server i can do message tracking and it w...

Record owner always SYSTEM
Whenever an e-mail is send out with a CRM-tracking token and someone replies on it, the record comes back into CRM with SYSTEM as record owner. Why is it set to this and could it be made so that the replied-e-mail record owner is set to the same CRM user that sent out the e-mail at first? ...

2nd Exchange 2003 Server install failed during setup. PLEASE HELP!
I received the following error message in the middle of the second Exchange2003 setup.during Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration setup "Setup failed while Creating Active Directory objects for Microsoft Exchange Server-Level Objects (error 0x80072030: There is no such object on the server" . In event viewer i have: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSetup Event Category: Microsoft Exchange Setup Event ID: 1002 Date: 15/09/2005 Time: 12.04.11 User: N/A Computer: MAILTEST Description: Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Serv...

Publisher cannot find my printer #3
Publisher cannot find my printer, although have installed both a physical printer and a couple of image printers. Does anyone have the solution to this problem. The other programs in my office package does recognize my printers ... all of them. Regards - Wallentin Did you try updating your printer drivers? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Wallentin" <Wallentin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54050C21-E7CA-4D44-A6F0-722D048385BA@microsoft.com... > Publisher cannot find my pr...

1099 alignment in GP 10.0
Hello: Is anyone out there in "GP 10.0 Land" having issues with the alignment being off when printing 1099s? One of our many clients that upgraded to GP 10.0 said that his 1099 Misc form (the canned and not modified version) was way off when printing. So, we had to modify it. I do not know the make and model of his printer. But, is it a printer driver issue? He complains that this did not happen before the upgrade. Yet, he is the only upgraded client that has complained about this. childofthe1980s I'll chime in just to say I have not had any problems. ...

GP Client install on Ver 10.0 SP1
Is there a set of instruction for installing the above client? There's an installation guide that comes with GP. There's also a hotfix installation guide that you can download with SP1. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JPaige" wrote: > Is there a set of instruction for installing the above client? ...

Exchange Server 2003 #3
I have a distribution list in Exchange 2003 that includes two users and two contacts. If we send to the distribution group the email reaches the users but does not reach the contacts. If we send directly to the contacts themselves they receive email successfully. ...

Printing a diary with the date instead of page number. #3
I'm trying to print something like a diary in such a way that when I open it like a book, it shows the same date on both the left- and the right side page. On each page I want an empty table (the same one on each page). Now, I want to print this automatically. So on the first sheet side B shows January 1, on the second sheet side A shows January 1 and side B shows January 2, on the third sheet side A shows January 2 and side B shows January 3 etc. etc. untill December 31 What's the best way to do this using Excel or Word? I'm not quite en expert so please keep it simple ;o) Thank&...

show <0.01%?
Excel 2002 I have a user that is showing percentages...and if the percent is .00005%, and we're only showing 2 decimal points, he wants it to say <0.01%, instead of 0.0%. Is there an easy way to have Excel show this? Or is this a manual edit we need to do? Thanks! This formula should do the trick: =IF(A4<0.0001,"<0.01%",A4) Doreen if you onlly want to view the result, you could try a formula such as: =IF(A1<0.01%,"<0.01%", A1) But this might not work if you want to be able to add the results Regards Trevor "Doreen" <doreo715@...

Setup modified report
Hi, I have modified a sales invoice layout in report writer. How can I setup the system to be able to select this modified invoice when I want to print an invoice in SOP module instead of the standard invoice? Please advice. Thanks, Elaine Elaine: Once you modify the report which you have, you need to grant users security to this modified report. This is done in Advanced Security. Go here, select on the left the appropriate report, then grant security. Once you do that, you will see the new report when you print the Invoice Hope it helps Girish "Elaine" wrote: > Hi, ...

detect and repair #3
after I've used the detect and repair function in outlook i've lost all my stored e-mail, my e-mail accounts definitions and all my contacts. how can i restore those files?? thanks You've posted too little information to unravel what you actually did. Nor can we guess your Outlook version. I'd suggest finding your Outlook data file and configuring your current Outlook profile to use it. We cannot provide specific instructions because you posted no specific information. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc ...

Initial Setup Single POS Station Printer
Have converted client from QS2K all is working well except: With a single workstation, at the end of day/month when running the Z report, nothing prints. Using STAR SP200 Windows XP SPK2 RMS1.3 Windows Printer format since there was no matching choice using the OPOS from Star (after their software installed, from within their software) Created 2 receipt formats using the defaults, called one basic sales (using the receipt.xml template) the other Journal Z (using the xreport.xml template). If I specify for printer 1 , check to print automatically, and chose my basicsales template in ...

Lending Money #3
How does everyone track loans to others? Seems that the way to do it is to set up an asset account as a loan. What confuses me is how to record the transaction whereby you actually loan the money. For now, I've setup a new category for each of my loans but I can't imagine this is the right way to do it. I would have expected that you would setup the loan with the applicable terms and then transfer the amount of the loan proceeds into the asset account. However, I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Help. John In microsoft.public.money, JML wrote: >How does eve...

Kensington PocketHUB Mini USB 2.0 - Hub - 4 ports
List Price:$21.95 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000VMWG9U Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000VMWG9U The Kensington PocketHUB Mini USB 2.0 is the fastest way to turn one port into four. When you're traveling, your business doesn't stop. Now you can plug in and get four ports to do just about everything - scan, print, use your favorite mouse. Small, compact and lightweight, this is the smartest move you can make. Plug and play that's ready to go anytime, anywhere. ...

URGENT= CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0 Upgrade failed
i posted this already today but posting again. It is URGENT to have an answer on this issue. there is no clear answer on groups other than people contacted Microsoft support on it. Please help on this issue. =============================================== I am tring to upgrade CRM 1.2 to 1.3. i uninstalled 1.2 and started a new installation of CRM 3.0 with 1.2 database. every thing is just on one box. Last time i just did this on a test box and it went well but this time it is failing with message Database export failed. There is no clear answer on google groups against this issue. If any one ...

Catastrophic failure when trying to sync 2008 File Server
We have just started getting this error on our Primary DPM server. This protection group has been working fine for 6 months, but now, every time I do a sync, it gets right to the end of the sync and fails with: "An unexpected error occurred during job execution. (ID 104 Details: Catastrophic failure (0x8000FFFF))" I have read that this could be caused with the protected computer running out of disk space, but there is over 100Gig available on the machine. Have tried restarting both the DPM server and the file server and performing another sync with the exact same...

How to move Entourage X data to Entour. 2008 (in OS 10.6.3)
I have searched for a week an only find old scripts not applicable to Snow Leopard (Paul Berkowitz, Jolly roger, Brian Wainright). I can get none of these to work. MAybe I missed something. My initial data move with Entourage 2008 set up failed to move any Entourage X data into 2008. I was able to move my contacts into 2008 ( I forget now how I did that last week). For the last week plus I have been trying off and on to move my old mail into MSO Entourage 2008. With Brian Wainrights' script I was able to get my email into a folder on my Desk Top 'Mail Folders' (MBOX)...

GP 9.0 security on "Reports/Report list"
I cannot seem to find where to umark the security for the "Report list" under the Reports menu (in say the Sales or the Inventory menu). Also, where is the security, under reports, for "Service Call Management", "Contract Administration"..."Depot Management" Thanks On Jan 31, 3:37 pm, Glen <G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot seem to find where to umark the security for the "Report list" under > the Reports menu (in say the Sales or the Inventory menu). > > Also, where is the security, under reports, for &qu...