3.0 Customization

Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of
users and another set for another group.  For instance, could our
service people only see the service screens while our sales people only
see the sales screens?  I know I can restrict access to different areas,
but we want to have a totally different look and feel for each group...
0
Matt
1/17/2006 4:05:30 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sorry - I dont believe this can be done

"Matt Harvey" <rifleman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of
> users and another set for another group.  For instance, could our service
> people only see the service screens while our sales people only see the
> sales screens?  I know I can restrict access to different areas, but we
> want to have a totally different look and feel for each group...

0
Roger
1/17/2006 8:40:22 PM
When providing no access to the sales objects (leads, oppertunities, ...),
your service people will not see this objects.

If you mean displaying different content on one screen depending on the user
role, this can not be done in a supported way.

"Matt Harvey" <rifleman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of
> users and another set for another group.  For instance, could our service
> people only see the service screens while our sales people only see the
> sales screens?  I know I can restrict access to different areas, but we
> want to have a totally different look and feel for each group...

0
Maesele
1/18/2006 9:48:05 AM
Sorry--no role-based forms in v3.0. We know about this requirement and it's
something we'd like to do some day, though when that day will be is unclear.

-Michael J. Lu
 Program Manager
 Microsoft CRM

"Matt Harvey" wrote:

> Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of
> users and another set for another group.  For instance, could our
> service people only see the service screens while our sales people only
> see the sales screens?  I know I can restrict access to different areas,
> but we want to have a totally different look and feel for each group...

Custom Item list report
I used to have an custom item list report that I used with our scanpal scanners for inventory, my computer crashed and when we reinstalled the RMS software I most have lost that report. Does anyone have this report available? or can someone tell me how to get it? Help!!! Thanks! ...

Only one customer in letter writing assistant
Great Plains version 8 - When I run the letter writing assistant to create a Collection Letter or a Customer Letter and I select All customers and All customer types I only get one customer in the customer list to choose from. It doesn't matter what letter I am trying to create I only get one customer to pick from. Does anyone know what I need to do to get all my customers to show up? This is normal behavior if you are launching the letter assistant from the customer maintenance window. Launch it from the reports menu to perform mass mailings. I have tried launching the letter ...

Side-by-side installation of Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise
Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise on the same machine is officially supported. I can't speak for M$, but they respond that it does work (although a pain in the butt to reboot when you need to move from one to the other, also since the VEA version is really v2002 understand the VEA version may not read the v2003 files). Al "TomTom" <no_spam@nospamfordiscussion.com> wrote in message news:OZTSpD2ZEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came >...

lotus notes 6.5.3 local area server connection setup !!!
Hello All, I need to find lotus notes 6.5.3. connection server setup details. After I was installed 6.5.3 .I go to setup local area connection server.Type for Server name: xxxxxxxxxxxx then Destination server address setup to xxxxxx for address after that Open the link to the databases on the server, File - Database - Open but there is no my server name in this point Can anybody to help me about this. thanks. Aydin YILDIZ ay_yildiz1881@yahoo.com No, but a support group for Lotus Notes would be where I would start. = Whatever made you think this is an Outlook issue? --=20 Milly S...

ODBC #3
How do I get ODBC set up as an add-in for Excel 2003? I'm confused by your question. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Randall Arnold "Lynn" wrote: > How do I get ODBC set up as an add-in for Excel 2003? Ok, I think I get your question now. The ODBC Add-in, as far as I can tell, was for Excel 2002. I'm guessing the functionality was rolled into the 2003 version. You can now link to an ODBC data table by selecting Data>Import External Data. Randall Arnold "Lynn" wrote: > How do I get ODBC set up as an add-in for Excel 2003? That didn&...

custom PO layout
I'd like to replace the vat column in the standard PO with a retail price from the HQ database, can someone point me in the right direction? thanks in advance :) ...

Custom Workspace Template Not Linking to Projects
Experts, I publised a test project on PWA for Project Server 2007. I then went to that new Workspace and made several changes to the Issues and Risks columns and over all views. I then saved the site as a template, sent the .stp file to our sharepoint admin and she executed the STSADM command to load new the template. I then went to PWA Site Provisioning setting and switched the default template to the new one. so far so good? When I went to create a new project schedule and published, i created the schedule and workspace but they're not linked. Meanining that I dont see t...

Exchange 2003 Archive #3
Can anyone please let me know how Exchange 2003 create archive of mailboxes/emails? Also when using ‘cached exchange mode’, when a user deletes an email locally, will this change synchronise with the copy on the exchange server? Thanks in advance. >>how Exchange 2003 create archive of mailboxes/emails? Can you clarify what you mean by 'archive'? >>will this change synchronise Certainly. paul tech wrote: > Can anyone please let me know how Exchange 2003 create archive of > mailboxes/emails? Also when using ‘cached exchange mode’, when a user > delete...

Reference #3
I would like to make reference to a cell in a worksheet in a second excel file. However, I would like the worksheet to be variable. Normally you use the following link: '[Excelfile 2.xls]worksheet'!$c$2 The name of the worksheet to be used is a fixed value in the first file, placed in cell A1. Is it possible to use a link like '[Excelfile 2.xls]Sheet($a$1)'!$c$2? The part Sheet($a$1) does not work as a reference. Who can help? -- Thx You can do something like this, but the second workbook has to be open. INDIRECT will not work with a closed file. =INDIRECT("[Book...

Customize Exchange error Message
My users sometimes get a error message similar to: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: user@somewhere.com on 5/23/2005 1:27 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <myserver.mydomain.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@somewhere.com> In all cases where we have researched this error, the error was on the recipients mail server or the internet connection between my server and the recipient was not working properly. Is there a way to customize this error message... to alert my use...

Can't customize the Outlook Today Page
I ma having trouble customizing the "OutLook Today" page in outlook 2000. Everytime I click on the Costomize Outlook Today, nothing happens, I can drag it to the desktop, it will open then, but it won't save any of the settings. I have removed and loaded outlook and still nothing. I have tried running the repair option on office and that doesn't work either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is happening under both XP and Win98 SE. I believe all update have been added. -- Regards, Bob Frost Canterbury House Bed and Breakfast 802.457.3077 Bob <bo...

cant send email #3
when I set up email accounts and do the test it all passes ok, but when I try to send an email it wont allow me to compaose an email, as the tool bar will not highlight to allow me to write new message. Then I get a message about a server problem, but the test shows all as ok? maggie@dsl.pipex.com <maggie@dsl.pipex.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when I set up email accounts and do the test it all passes ok, but > when I try to send an email it wont allow me to compaose an email, as > the tool bar will not highlight to allow me to write new message. > Then I get ...

custom error
How do you display an error message to a text box. The error message will have text that I define. Thanks A sample for you to try. "Me.Text0" is the textbox to display the description and error number. Private Sub Form_Load() On Error GoTo ErrorLoad Err.Raise 5, , "Test Message" ErrorExit: Err = 0 'reset error Exit Sub ErrorLoad: Me.Text0 = Err.Number & " - " & Err.Description Resume ErrorExit End Sub Matt Roell wrote: >How do you display an error message to a text box. The error message will >...

Creating Custom Recipient Policy
Hi, I am running exchange 2003, the companyi work for aquired many companies and changeing email address for x number of employees. so i am currently acceptting about 6 differerent email address with the old and the new. when all is said and done. i would like to have a custom recipient policy for each primary email address. so the user do not end up with them all on their smtp properties. I just want them to have there old and new primary. i quess i am asking how can i create 3 different primary address for different users in the same company? thanks a bunch in advance for helping Pa...

Data migration strategy from custom MSSQL-based app to CRM 4.0
Hello, We have a client looking to transition to CRM 4.0 from their current home-grown application based on SQL Server 2005. I am curious to get suggestions from the group on how to approach this. Here is one approach I am considering: 1. Create denormalized views in SQL (picklist values included instead of PK/FK keys) 2. Script queries to these views that send query results to a CSV file 3. Create data mappings in DMF to perform mass import 4. Run import with fingers crossed One requirement to note is the client is not looking for a staged migration - everything must be brought over at...

How to store jpg in a database for use in another sheet #3
Can somebody please explain me how to store jpg's in a database and le them show in another sheet when entering a specific key -- Marc Willems ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Marc Willemse's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=164 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187045633 ...

Custome number format help
I have a series of cells that will hold values such as 350,000.00. This value is entered by the user and entire amount is used in calculations across the worksheet. I want the output to be 350k. This way, more columns can be viewed at a time and makes for easier reading than a number with all the zeros. I can't get the customer number format to "hide" the zeros. WB Thanks, yes it did. "Carmen" <hovendic@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Od0aSCQrGHA.4356@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > WB, I put > > #,k > > in the custom formatting box and it looks ...

Upgrade 7.5 to 9.0 possible issues
Hi! I'm working for clients who have GP 7.5 installed with SQL Server 2000. Few customization is done on it. They want to upgrade to 9.0 version. Could you please tell me if it's easy to perform upgrade or not? Possible issues? Also I haven't found any information about upgrading, please add links if available Thanks in advance. we're also in 7.5 just upgraded our test server with updated data to 9.0. had few bumps because I did some customizations and I knew where the problem occured. in your case, you have to know if the customizations will work on the new environ...

Why doesn't this work with XPath 1.0?
I'm using .Net 2.0. I realize that this means XPath 1.0 (which is ridiculous). So here's a document that I have that's not on disk but held in a variable (I queried an Exchange appointment calendar): <?xml version="1.0"?> <a:multistatus xmlns:b="urn:uuid:c2f41010-65b3-11d1-a29f-00aa00c14882/" xmlns:d="urn:schemas:httpmail:" xmlns:f="urn:schemas:mailheader:" xmlns:c="xml:" xmlns:e="urn:schemas:calendar:" xmlns:a="DAV:"> <a:prop> <a:parentname>http://mail.somewhere.com/davrdir/john.doe...

time conversion #3
Would I be able to ask for assistanse please? How am I able to convert Time(UTC) into time for our timezone ,which is GMT + 10 hrs? Thanks in advance -- Kind regards, Andrew Richards Henderson Seed Group Pty.,Ltd C/- Plant Industries Building School of Agriculture and Horticulture University of Queensland Gatton, Qld., 4343 phone : +61 (07) 54 601088 fax : +61 (07) 54601087 email : arichards(at)mailbox.uq.edu.au =A1+(10/24) -- Michael Hopwood (Phobos) "Andrew Richards" <arichards@mailboxnospam.uq.edu.au> wrote in message news:bop3bc$7vs$1@bunyip.cc.uq.edu.au... &g...

DAO 2.5/3.5
Does some boby can help me find the DAO 2.5/3.5, I m trying to run an old database in an Access 2003 and it wont run without it. Tx, Domingos Junqueira The library is called the Microsoft DAO 2.5/3.5 Compatibility Layer. It was introduced so Access 95 and 97 could read a database created in Access 2. The current version does not support this layer. Remove the reference, and modify the code so that it does not need the libary. In many cases, you will find that there is only a small amount of code that needs changing, since DAO 3.x does most of it anyway, and even recognises many of...

Exchange 5.5 relay problem #3
Hi I have Exchange 5.5 and I have relay problem. What can I do to stop the relay problem? My domain is always in black lists. Than"x S Take a look at this article: 199656 XIMS: How to Stop Spam Mail Messages from Using IMS Relay Agent http://support.microsoft.com/?id=199656 Regards, Colby -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Shay Hanya" <shay@telecode.co.il> wrote in message news:ecDJ56XpEHA.800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx....

Creating custom color palettes from worksheet ranges
Can anyone recommend a free utility I can use to populate Excel's color palette from cells in Excel 95 or 2000? I want to create custom palettes but I don't want the effort of changing the palette by hand. I would like to do one of the following A B C D 1 Color Red Grn Blu 2 Red 1 1 1 3 Green 1 1 1 4 Blue 1 1 1 5 Orange 1 1 1 or A B C D 1 Color Hue Sat Lum 2 Red 1 1 1 3 Green 1 1 ...

Service Pak 3 problems
I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4334 running XP Media Center 2002. About a week ago I began having blue screen errors and eventually BSOD. I paid about $400 to retrieve my data, upgrade the hardisk to 360 from 120 and put my data back on the new disk. When I got home I began reinstalling all of my programs. Windows update was doing its thing and then I lost sound on my Realtek High Def....then blue screens began happening. I tried unstalling the (code 39) missing or corrupt Audio drivers and reinstalling, to no avail. It took me about 6 hours of searching the web and I fo...

recover deleted mailbox #3
1 more thing, i am using exchange 2003 sp2. Thks in advance. ...